Thread: Losing tokens (overflow) with 2 bags open

Losing tokens (overflow) with 2 bags open

You can reproduce this.

Complete a mission with full inventory. When the overflow window opens, open your inventory, right click on a backpack to open it, so you can clear some inventory space, notice that it is full and open another one - the second backpack will overwrite the overflow window, with no way of recovering it. I've lost several tokens this way, accidentally.

Please make the overflow window a separate window, or do an inventory check upon leaving the mission area. If there is room in your inventory when you leave the mission, anything in overflow should automatically be put into inventory. This might be the easiest way to solve this problem programmatically...

Similar thing happens when you don't close the overflow window.

While making implants the result often goes into overflow. When I take the implant out of there and put in a new cluster the implant doesnt go into the still open overflow window, it just vanishes.
    RK1 Guild Apocalypse

Dillon "Duradas" Belote, Fixer
    Kiyoko "Selarana" Vallone, Meta Physicist
    Donald "Jorman" Dublin, Bureaucrat
    Burl "Gnorrg" Marinos, Enforcer
    Florence "Florania" Aronstein, Doctor
    ----
    RK3, Arnold "Gideon" Reineman, Enforcer

I've noticed for a long time now you can only have 2 containers open at the same time, regardless of what kind of container they are. So if you have a chest and a bag open, the next time you open a new container (another bag, the overflow window pops, ect.) the first container you opened will automatically close.
    History admires the wise, but it elevates the brave. - Edmund Morris

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

containers

Hmmmm would you consider the bank, a backpack and your inventory more then 2 containers?
    I've never had this problem, I open those 3 on a regular basis and haven't experienced what you all are .

Two containers (bank/backpack/overflow/chest/critter loot) other than the inventory window.

Friend of mine has has lost tokens and msn loot before w/ the same problem -- got overflow window and then started popping open backpacks to juggle inventory...and lost the overflow window in the process. doh! He's done it more than once, too.

Re: Losing tokens (overflow) with 2 bags open

Originally posted by Tinaja
    do an inventory check upon leaving the mission area. If there is room in your inventory when you leave the mission, anything in overflow should automatically be put into inventory
    I would think that if the items could have been put into the players main inventory then the Overflow window wouldn't have appeared. So some player intervention is required.