Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dodga Mission Guide---13.92

Verry strange, at least i got the xp and cash. Of course the entire reason i did the mission was for the pads, and i got everything but that, so it was rather pointless.

Dodga Quest 2 - Bugs

Has anyone done this quest yet? I see several people with the Dodga Card II, yet nobody seems to know where to go for the transmission bugging quest.
    It indicates that you need to 'bug' all the lackeys.

Any help on this would be great. I am at the Trash King camp now, but everyone killing stuff so fast, pretty hard to try much.

I got all the items to combine using the order that Expire listed.

Now what? Do I need to get the mission from alvin or simply drop it in a trade to him? I dont want to lose the Suspecious looking polyhedral casing emitting strange sounds, which I did a lot of tedius bot killing to obtain.

Well, this is all I've got so far on the 2nd quest. You hand card I to him and get the bugging equipment - 100 bugs and a radar. You also get a mission icon. When you fly up to Trash King, you get the mission complete sound and the icon changes. When you use the radar on Trashy, he starts bibbling on to his lackey. If you use it a few times, you get different messages.

Now, what I can't figure out is how to actually plant the bugs on the 8 lackeys. Does anyone have any more info on this or is using the radar on each of the lackeys enough ?

Creala,

177 NT RK2.

Hmmm... Well after quite an irritating afternoon, this is the sum of results:

About 4 hours ago i finally got chance to hand in the brain to Dodga. Done. Recieved money and xp but no token as the mish completed. Received the card. I let a few others dive in and finish the mission before i handed in my card ....

Dodga takes the card ....and nothing. Not a word. No Pads. Nothing.

I spoke to a couple of people who had also had this problem. They said to petition and the ARKs will sort out the items ya were missing.

Eventually the petition is answered by a very helpful ARK. But however he was the bearer of bad news. Apparently some annoying little fool has found a way to exploit the Dodga quest. So apparently its being removed.
    Whats worse - New rules regarding the Dodga quest mean that i cant be given the Pads i worked for. Even tho i wouldve gained them legitimately. The Pads cant be handed over to anyone who suffered the bug because of the exploiters. Ugh!

So an update for everyone: It seems the Dodga quest will be no more?

*breathes deeply and relaxes again ... but still lacking the Pads she rightfully earned*
    Sulema Keaorata Fahrni

You dont need eyes to see, you need vision

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

i gave him the item , didn`t got the 20K xp . did got the money , and a card, NO pads , i didn`t gave him the card, cause i read this...so...will i need to give him the card..?

Well - just had an official note come through on RK2 saying that u cannot get new missions from Dodga/Alvin. Existing missions can stil be completed apparently.

Smells like Ash all over again.

Creala,

177 NT RK2.

that sucks big time. I hope the expoliter who has ruined our fun is permanently banned.
    Member of the "I tried SWG and I am still kicking myself for it" club

How bout if they had Dodga have his text changed to something along the lines of "I am no longer in need of your services. Please thank <insert name/s of exploiters here> for ripping me off" Or some such. That would fix em up pretty good wouldn't it?

Just an fyi, if you completed the mission and did not receive pads you can petition and the arks can issue you pads if you were one of the unlucky people that didn't receive them. I finally got mine last night form the nice arks. =)

FYI, I just completed the 1st part of the Alvin quest and am starting on the 2nd.

EDIT: This is on *TEST*. You guys may not be able to start 2nd quest if you're on RK1 or RK2.

For part #1, you combine all the parts as people have mentioned, make sure you have the mission from Alvin, and trade the combined result to him. You get the reward(s), card #1, and the 1st set of pads.

Trade card #1 back to him when he respawns, you get the bugs and the radio. You start out with trash king, target him (find person mission at that point), and when you get a mission complete you plant the bug on him (right click it on him) and then right click the radio on him to pick up your next target.

For me, it was the lacky (easy) and then Electro. Bah. All I know about Electro is that she (?) is supposed to spawn in wailing wastes somewhere.

I've been told that you can't do it while target is in combat, so good luck trying to tag your bot when they're camped.

Even more confused...

Ok I'm confused now...

Somebody I know who's done this before said they did this (pre 14.0) -

* Collect and assemble all parts
    * Trade brain to dodga - you receive card I.
    * Wait for 2 hour respawn - trade card to dodga and you receive shoulderpads.

No need to talk to him and get mission.

Now what I'm reading seems to sahy -

* Talk to dodga and get mission (currently disabled )
    * Trade brain to dodga - you'll get card, pads, xp, money
    * Trade card to dodga - you'll get bugs and radio

Is that right?

I know the mission is down, but I tried trading the brain to dodga last night - because frankly i'm *tired* of waiting for this mission to come back and not have the pads while everyone else is running around showing them off. The result was - I traded brain to him, he gave me card (and didn't disappear). I tried trading card to him and he said that it was nice, but to come back in 2 or 3 days, and gave the card back to me .

Ok... for part 2...

I had heard that this was to get the rack and all the ID chips. Well I have a complete rack and all ID chips in it - but I don't want to give it to him until I know what happens exactly. From the same person again this is what I heard they did (pre 14.0) -

* Gave completed rack to dodga - got dodga card II
    * Waited for respawn
    * Gave dodga card II to dodga - got second update syringe.

I've heard that you actually get first update and have to combine with pads to get second update etc.

Now, according to this thread it seems that part 2 is not to do the rack at all, but to do the bugs and radar. Does this mean the rack is part 3?

Could anybody please clarify all this at all?

Thanks.
    For instant heal... just add water.

Kikmaidog - 218 Doctor
    Kikfix - 204 Fixer
    Kikfiz - 175 MP
    Kikdabucket - 125 Agent

Reborn Clan

Help to repopulate Rubi-Ka, make donations at your local mission booth.
    "Where are you calling from?" "I'm calling from my house." "Where's that?" "Down the street from you, YOU KNOW!"

Damn I want the quest now! It's so broke I can't even get the mission... grr..
    Money is everything.

Anyone know if the this quest is working at all?
    Johnathgalt Rimor Clanner

wtb crusader chant

Succeeding at my job is like winning a pie eating contest where the prize is more pie.

No dessert for you

Sad to say I tried BOTH Alvin and Dogda today(because I'm Neut, I'm supposed to be able to do EITHER quest), and both were no-goes. When/if these quests are operational again, please let me know asap ;(
    Nealandbob Headbasher Burninsword-RK1
    Deathfyst Tonofbricks -RK2
    Tonofbricks Nealandbob -RK Test embracing my inner Brat
    Finally back from Iraq
    Enforcers ONLY vote here!
    WoW-Pahani, Skywall/Horde and Barthilas/Horde
    "A good Enforcer dies a lot"-Deng
    "FC didn't create Enforcers, Deng did" -Tza

They definitely won't work right now because as they said on the launch page, they've taken them out of action for now. Quote from launch page -

Dodga and Alvin Quest.

We have encountered a little problem with the Dodga/Alvin quest. This means that you cannot get a new mission from them just complete the mission you have already taken. In other words, they will not give out missions anymore. Just complete the mission you have taken.

We will fix this as soon as possible and then you will be able to continue your quest like before.

We are sorry about this.
    However, I'm still very interested in some replies from some of the other posters on this thread in response to my post just above... I haven't gotten any answers on this from anyone I know yet other than the person that did it pre 14.0.

Kikmaidog - 218 Doctor
    Kikfix - 204 Fixer
    Kikfiz - 175 MP
    Kikdabucket - 125 Agent

Reborn Clan

"Where are you calling from?" "I'm calling from my house." "Where's that?" "Down the street from you, YOU KNOW!"

Smile screen shots of the pads

for those who received the pads, please post screenshots so we know how they look on us

I got finnally completed the first quest. I received the quest after the emergency patch last thursday, only to find out it was took off on the friday. Lucky me. So i was able to complete on sunday after killing millions of grey robot mobs, thats lots of fun. The only problem i ran into was when i turned in the brain to dodga, he gave me everything execpt card. I petitioned ark after being 18 requests behind to help me. The very nice ark gave my the card after I showed him the pads. The best thing about this is whhen mission comes back up I think dodga will stay after talking. When I showed him my card he told me to come back in a few days(he might have something for me) afterwords he shouted "Next" even said it after i intitiated the dialouge for the first quest. Maybe wont have to camp for hours to get it now.

The quest is back live again now.. and I have my first pads

Don't make the mistake I made though and give Dodga the brain without getting the mission first. I did this while the quest was 'down' and it does work - he'll give you the Card I - but you'll get no shoulderpads, and the only way to get them is go collect all the bits for a new brain. So now I have 2 cards and 1 pads... ah well, back to fighting over grey bots....

Kikmaidog - 218 Doctor
    Kikfix - 204 Fixer
    Kikfiz - 175 MP
    Kikdabucket - 125 Agent

Reborn Clan

can someone ples write a guide or something about the 2nd quest?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast