Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dodga Mission Guide---13.92

Dodga Mission Guide---13.92

Oki this is an updated mission guide for the Dodga mission based on the original poster saying he wouldn't update, and the original guide now not being correct

This quest Is for about a level 40+ person, though some mobs can be found lower. To complete the mission in a Timely manner you should probably be AT LEAST that level, though my level 25 fixer had no problem Kiting the Mobs at Athen shire, as long as the Trash king and his Lackeys weren't there.

I am assuming you are soloing the mission. If a team is getting together to help each other get parts and it waiting in line Etc, then probably level 20 or so will do.

The mission is to find Rare items which are dropped randomly from a Mob type, so it may take Minutes, It may take DAYS. Bearing that in mind will save you grief if you think you will just decide to run this and Poof, you are done.

As I am a Clan member I am reporting on the Dodga mission. The Omni alternate NPC seems to be ALVIN in Lush Fields. More specific differences if there are any to this mission may be noted by Omni employees wishing to help there fellows. That however, is not my job :P

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Start by going to the Rising sun, to meet Dodga and get the mission. Starting here also gives you an Idea of the competition for the quest so you don't get too eager to finish. Chances are there is a line a people there to see him if you stop on the weekend, or any other Peak time.

The Rising Sun is an outpost on top of a round mountain in the Aegean, Southeast of Athen. Leaving East from Athen just take the Southern road and follow that till you Zone, continue on the Road and when you
    see water to your right, Turn and head into the Waterfall. The OP is on the map and it makes it easy to find this "Hidden OP"

Dodga is a Solius male NPC in the Large tepee, hut, lodge, or Whatever it is in the Center of the OP, and its the only one of its kind. it is NOT the Square tent things.

Dodga Spawns just over every 2 hours. So if He is not there, do not be surprised. Do be surprised if NO ONE is there, as chances are you have come sometime in the 2 hoour window, be it just after or just before, and there will be people there talking about the Mission or waiting for Dodga to arrive again.

Dodga Disappears whenever he gives someone the mission, or whenever the Item that he aske you seek is given to him. So it's most likely he wont be there when you show up, and the first time going there will be to find out about what time, of what Hour he WILL show up., and since the Spawn is Just over 2 hours, its never Quite the same time of hour. so you can't just come back same time next week.

Oki, so now you know when he is showing up, maybe talked to some people and are ready for your turn in Line to talk to him to get a mission.

Two things make Dodga disappear, getting the mission from him, or giving him the item he seeks. Dodga gives you his card when you bring him the Item he seeks, turning in that card gives you the Shoulder pads that is the Reward, But DOES NOT make Dodga disappear. So the polite thing to do is let all card holders turn in their cards first, then the person in line FIRST waiting to get the mission or turn in the Item, Does so, and Poof he is gone for another 2 hours + 10 or 15 mins.

Oki, so What the heck do you say to Dodga to Give you the mission?

Below, in order is what you say, and I personally think you should macro each thing to say so you can say it Fast. Some people are not nice and will just run up and turn in the item and Poof he is gone. This happened to me and 3 card holders, so 4 people got screwed by one greedy person. Don't be Greedy like we claim the OMNI people are, be Polite. :P

You can read what Dodga says to you after the walk through the words. If you are lucky, you will happen to get there when no one is there and can walk through the conversation like it was really happening, But since FC has chosen to make Dodga a 2+ hours spawn, this Luxury had been taken away from players who didn't show up back in Janurary. I have emailed FC Feedback mentioning they should lower the Spawn time, you should too

The Words of Power, which you must say in vicinity while you have Dodga selected, and are Close to him, are as follows in order;

1.hello
    2.Have you seen any strange things?
    3. Can I help you?
    4.Yes
    5.Yes
    6.I will be vigilant
    7.I will hunt robots

This should get you the Mission Icon in your MI menu. It is a mission that you have 30 days to complete, so getting it does not lock you in to spending every waking hour finishing the mission and camping Dodga [ FC earns 1 point for the long window of time on this mission ]

Oki, now you have the mission, which says it gives you 20,000 creds to complete, and 20,000 XP as well. nice if you are on the lower edge level wise, and peanuts if not.

There are now a few places to go Search for robots to kill and loot, hoping to find the 8 Unique items that you must collect to combine into the Item which Dodga seeks.

The easiest Location which I have heard good things from over and over is in Athen shire at the lair of the TRASH KING. The place is Full of Robots of all levels and they spawn back in just minutes it seems. Levels 40 plus shouldn't have any big problems at this location unless the Trash king himself is there. He's REALLY tough [1700 per hit to me at level 41, and 1000 to my level 50+ pet ]. To get there you just head West from Old Athen past West athen on the Northern road, there will be a 4 way intersection, right going to the TrashKing, and left going to the Freedom village, where there are armor and Treatments stores, as well as a scanner.

If you are higher level you can go just North NorthEast of the Rising sun to the Danger dunes area. There are robots that kinda look like tadpoles and are somtimes hidden half under ground. They are callet scooplets or shovelets,.. something-lets. They are about a level 60 someting mob, so no one under 50 need waste their time goin there.

Bot mountain in Greater Tir County has the right Mobs as well, though this seems a long way to go to me, when Athen shire is Much closer. Hey maybe this is a side mission, and you'll just pick up the parts over the course of a month, I don't know, so if TIR works, great, I guess.

The A-series of Robot Soldiers also drop these unique Items, so out on the Wall by the Shades in GTC is is a place you can go. Basically any Robot Mob could drop these things, AND they drop them EVEN if you do NOT have the mission yet, so you can hunt these in your spare time and get all the Items, then start the Dodga camping process

The items you are searching for are NODROP and UNIQUE. So you can't get duplicates of ones you have already obtained. However, once combined the original Items are gone, and so can be picked up again, so if you are planning on running the mission more than once, you can get most of the items in duplicate this way.

It does seem useless to do this however as he wont give you 2 pads, and yes I was there in person when someone tried that just yesterday, so you can try to get 2, but chances are it won't work.

The List of items and the order they should be assembled:

1. Su****ious Looking Parts of Biotechnology
    2. Scrap of Notum
    3. Microscopic Pulsating Nano Crystals
    4. Bundle of Nano-Tubes
    5. Liquid Based Conductors
    6. Large and partly fused lump of strange tetrahedral CPU bundles.
    7. Ancient Looking Lamp Relay
    8. Highly plastic mother-circuit array

After you have the parts, and have assembled them, like most other things, with a Shift-Right-click while holding the next item in order on the last combined item in order, you may return and take your place in line to Speak with Dodga again, and get the tokens and card. He will disappear, and you will have to come back AGAIN, at another spawn to turn in your Card and get the Shoulder pads. So most of your time will be spent going to the Rising Sun and camping this NPC, so again, don't think you will be able to complete this fast, it just isnt likely to happen.

Good work Clan members, its good to see someone routing out these Robotic devils

I will update this with info over the weeks, and put in the coords for the Trash kings lair, though its easy to find.
    If you are Failing to Plan,

You are Planning to Fail.

Link to a Trash king thread

here is a link to the Trash king thread, that we think is the 2nd mission, but some say the 2nd is just talking to the named Robo mobs.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=17815

Excellent guide!

Ive been thinking of trying the quest for a few weeks so its much appreciated

Ive got some of the parts already just by occasionally smacking a random robot as i run past ... But im not the sort who will sit in the Rising Sun for half a day when i could be off doing more interesting things!

So i do agree that the spawn time should be much lower. Ive never been there without at least 3 or 4 people in the queue ... and thats not even at peak times!

The demand for the static missions is waaaaay more than poor Dodga can handle on his own ... The poor man never gets any peace!
    Sulema Keaorata Fahrni

You dont need eyes to see, you need vision

Oh, nice. I'v personally lost interest in all that is named static missions in AO, since the spawn times are still there, and Funcom seems to be unable to do missions that aren't instantly exploited.

Just a minor points: You need to be level 30 to wear the pads, so level 20 might be a bit low to do this quest.
    *poof*

Finally free from this nightmare!

Just curious as to how you obtain the second, and third missions?

Turn in the shoulderpads?

?
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

For you Omni Guys, here is my guide to Alivin's First Mission.

http://www.omni-elite.com/sections.p...ticles&secid=7

Also note that I recommend skipping the talking to Alvin step as it is unnecessary. Why camp Alvin 3 times when it can be done in 2 camps!

2nd and 3rd mission are not in game.

But speculation says that the 2nd mission will require you to "bug" several unique robot mobs.

The 3rd will require killing, looting, and assembling pieces looted from the unique mobs...
    Veteran Homer "Detonate" McDuff - My Equipment
    -= First Order =-

First Order is one of the largest and most powerful Omni-Tek Departments located on Rubi-Ka 1. If you are a dedicated Omni-Tek employee looking for superior opportunities within the company, check out http://www.firstorder.net/ and apply for a position today!
    First Order is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on Breed, Level, or Profession.

WHY MMORPG'S SUCK!

UPDATE!

Oki, well here's a little more Info.

I met someone Who DID get 2 pads, and the way they did it was to take off the first pad and put it in the Bank and then go to get the second.

And this person was OMNI, and didn't seem to be waiting at all in any lines. So maybe Alvin isn't being camped the way that Dodga is at the Rising Sun.
    Oh, that was on Rubi-Ka 2 as well, but there are still lines for Dodga on Rubi 2

I was also there when someone ended with " I will hunt robots " and it didn't Take, luckily we were all happy to give the guy his turn, and when he walked through it again, he said " Yes " and that worked. So maybe they are changing it around to throw people off, or maybe its a Bug. We're talking FC here, so Bugs are not unheard of.

As to the level 30 minimum requirement on the pad, I didn't know that, but it sure won't stop my level 26 Fixer from turning in the Item to get it, as the 20,000 XP is almost a level in itself at that level, and it's not like I have never held onto armor or weapons I couldn't quite fit into yet.

As to the skipping the First Visit, I agree, IF you are Higher level.
    20,000 creds and 20,000 XP isn't much at high level, But for levels 30 to 50 that is still a decent amount of Creds and Half a level to a Whole level in XP. I have showed up a few times,and one time I only camped for like 20 mins, and there were only Card holders there, so it didn't take any longer than getting a hunting party together.

I think the camping is better or worse based on the Conversation that takes place.

I would still encourage people to send an email to Feeback@anarchy-online.com to let them know you want to enjoy their game, not have to Camp an NPC, and feel like you might need to Skip going through getting a mission token, because of the spawn cycle.

Last edited by NanoKiss; Apr 1st, 2002 at 22:16:58.

You can obtain 2 pads, but you can only wear one. The other would have to rot in the bank for all eternity.

They are also NoDrop Unique, so really no point in getting 2 of the same pads.

Once the second and third missions go to live,you'll be able to have 2 different pads at the same time.
    Veteran Homer "Detonate" McDuff - My Equipment
    -= First Order =-

First Order is one of the largest and most powerful Omni-Tek Departments located on Rubi-Ka 1. If you are a dedicated Omni-Tek employee looking for superior opportunities within the company, check out http://www.firstorder.net/ and apply for a position today!
    First Order is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on Breed, Level, or Profession.

WHY MMORPG'S SUCK!

I'm wearing 2 pads on RK2. When I got them and put them on there weren't restrictions to on items labelled unique. If I were to put one in the bank now I don't think I could get it back into my inventory.
    Now I'm just waiting for the 2nd and 3rd mission to become active. I think I've already completed them.

I've seen someone on RK1 with 2x 3rd mission pads, and guess what, they're "Wearable" and they look c00l
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

YEP, 2 Pads

Yes, the person I know just put the pads on a few days ago, so It might not be possible after 14.0 hits but I wouldn't worry about it right now.

Originally posted by MiKEBoND
    I've seen someone on RK1 with 2x 3rd mission pads, and guess what, they're "Wearable" and they look c00l
    Well, the person you are talking about is Seoman.

Only reason why he's got the 3rd pad is that a GM helped him. Talk about unfair huh? .. GM Favouritism still going on? Tsk Tsk..

Well, anyways, he ain't got two. He got 1 "Pads of xxx". Equiping it shows two pads. one on each shoulder, and they look kindah neat. Well.. actually they look like ****, but it's something new and you don't see that everyday.
    Pfft!
    Rubi-Ka's FiRST Neophyte Enforcer - Holder of Spoon - Stirring the pot - Pumpkin' Pie anyone?
    >Wo "Caol" Ha - 187 ENF | >Thzunami - 97 MA | >Wo "Dioxy" Ha - 30 TRA | In memory of The Council

Jayde's Item Database - All you'll ever need - http://aodb.info

"BACK AWAY" - Pogobear / Skymarshal

Wink after 2 attempts

and multiple hours later, I still could not get my second pad!
    That ugly bugger keeps on telling me that I already have the unique item. No biggie, I had fun getting it. By the way, I've actually sat there waiting for Dodga to come back with no one waiting and its was much less than 2 hours. More like an hour.

Great guide. Maybe it was posted earlier , sorry of this is old news , but dodga will only leave if i gets the brain(the 8parts put together), or 2 cards. U can give him 2 cards and a brain before he leaves,( I think)

One more thing , If the ppl standing in line cant wait, and lets say 2 people starts the trade at the same time , and give him 2 brains , BOTH brains are LOST , and U can start all over again..

Talking 2nd Mission

Just bumping Mike Bond's earlier question which hasn't been answered and my interest also.

Any of you guys on the test server know how you get the second mission ?

Do you have to hand the Pad from the first mission over ?

p.s. Is it true that the Pad handed out now is different from the one that was handed out say a month or two back ?? And also another rumor I have read is that the pad given is dependant on what token board you have currently ?! Anyone want to confirm or squash these ? ( all talking about the 1st mission)

Cheers,
    ScottyB
    Lvl 107 NT - Rubi-Ka 1 - Clan

*sigh*

I spent countless hours at Bot Mountain getting the 8 parts... finally got them.

And now the items won't combine

I'm supposed to take the scrap of notum and shift-right click it onto the su****ious looking parts of biotechnology, right? Or the reverse?

I keep trying, and it doesn't work I get "These two items cannot be combined. Perhaps the order was wrong?" But I try it both ways, and it doesn't work.

Has the order been changed?

EDIT: More information: I am a level 54 engineer on Rubi-2. I have tried every possible combination for the first two items - none of the 8 items combine. Do I need some skill to combine them? I have gotten no message indicating I lack skill, I only get the message indicated above. Also, I got the first two parts that are -supposed- to combine (su****ious looking parts of biotechnology and scrap of notum) early on in my bot hunting, tried to combine them, and it didn't work. So, when I ran into those items again while I was hunting for the rest of the pieces, I destroyed the ones I had and replaced both just in case I got one that was buggy. It didn't work with the new ones either.

Sucks that Dodga is there and I could do it now if I could just combine the items
    Last edited by Quinn; Apr 22nd, 2002 at 01:45:41.

there are notes on the official site that 14.0 broke the dodga quest. the parts won't combine no matter how you try it.

i hope they fix this soon cuz i have the dodga mission taking up space in my missions window so i can't ever take more than 2 missions at a time now.

As stated before, 14.0 broke the quest, stop repeating the questions which have been answered, both offically and by players. Buy a backpak, put the item in your bag, and put that bag in the bank. Was that so hard? Those pads aren't really that great at all, you should be in no rush to finish them. And who cares about the mission timer? Once it runs out just get it again.
    -- Falling never killed anyone, its always the landing.
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
    RK-1
    |OT|
    Telgi-61 Solitus Enforcer
    Gauf-31 Nanomage Doctor
    Saruzi- -=128=- Opifex Nano-Technician.
    Manstien-44 Solitus Soldier

http://www.anarchy-online.com/conten...articles/2880L

last paragraph.

and also nodrops can be put into banks. so can uniques. so just store them in a bank until the next patch when they fix the quest.

I have all the parts but I can't combine them for some reason. I know that first part is part of biotechnology and second is scrap of notrum but when I pick one up and ****-right click on the other it says I have the order wrong. Any ideas? thanks in advance

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast