Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Story? What Story?

Re: Asheron's Call bit

Originally posted by Lohr
    How about they do something that actually impacts players... like, perhaps BLAST THE CITY OF HOMES TO SMITHEREENS.

Ive done that. Have over 200 omni xp pinkies as well. I gave a chance to omni top neophyte fighters for a revenge, but they are too coward to even step out 10 feets from 2ho zone.

Id love to see more event around

Drop me a tell if you have any good plan.

EDIT: I did that in EFP. Home doesnt allow activity like that becuz its 100%.

Asheron's Call

Good post Lohr. I think Funcom could learn a lot by looking at Asheron's Call. Of all the mmorpgs to come out that I have played (everything but UO) I would say that it had the closest thing to a storyline. It also was the closest thing I have seen to a true "world" in any of these games so far.

With each update they gave you a little background on that months story and maybe a little info on one of the monsters found in the land.

Asheron's Call had seasons, In the winter you got snow on the ground and new types of clothing (winter robes, some NPC's in heavier looking clothing) heck you even got new recipes for food products. (fruitcake recipe for Yule). Asheron's Call also had neat quest that told you about the different races of people or the areas in which they were found. There were several libraries full of stories about the ancient events and people. Plus players could write scrolls and books that could be passed to other characters. Even weapons/armour had a place where you could type in a customized message. I found weapons with everything from the coordinates of the dungeons they were found in to poetry to guild recruitment on them.

I have all ways felt saddened that AC's game play just did not click with me for some reason.

AC

#1 reason i quit AC:
    hack and slash

all you could do was kill kill kill.

i played UO for 4 years, but i went on vacation, and told my friend to refresh my tower for me. (it dissapears after 11 days if no one opens the door). well he forgot. so i lost everything and decided it was time to move on.

I started playing AC because thats what all my friends where playing. but i got sick of it. all you could do was kill and level kill and level.

AO is a little like that, but its much more interresting. theres still nopt nearly as much variety in the things you can do.

in UO, if you just wanted to sit around and make weapons and armor all day and mine for ore. you could do that, and it was fun and VERY profitable.

there are other things in AO to do besides kill, but most of them arent really feasable
    www.fixergrid.com - Luciana's Fixer Guide

Ok, I give up. F1x3Rz R |337!!!!
    Luciana - Level 141 Fixer
    Lohr - Level 50 Enforcer

"<Dai-Galean> Lohr you will get used to SilkeX he is a perminant part of the irc like a bad piece of code hehehe" - From irc.funcom.com #anarchyonline

And yet we have to behold the arrival of a MMORPG that is not rushed and where tradeskills and social aspect has been thought, implemented and tested.

Move on please ...
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12