Thread: Issues that I see so very apprent it isn't even funny

Issues that I see so very apprent it isn't even funny

I am sure this all has been brought up before, but I looked to see if I could find it, and after 5 pages of threats I gave, so I decided to put it in myself

There are 4 Things that I have basicly covered
    [list=1][*]Constant Damage of nanos[*]Use Of Trade Skill Items Vs. Buying the completed Item[*]The 3 Mission ruel[*]Damage Balance[/list=1]

Constant Damage of nanos

First off before the nt's cry nerf or any other profession for that matter, I just want to say that this has allways been in the game and I wouldn't expect it changed. But my point is, isn't it strange that a ball of fire from an NT, or an energy blast from a crat allways does the same damage no matter what your AC is no matter what level you are. I mean really what is the point of having fire and cold AC is it doesn't effect the damage you take from these programs, I have ran accross a few weapons that do fire damage, but never any that do cold damage. Sure some would consider that an advantage of using damage nanos, other would think it unfair, you be fighting someone that is doing 45 points of damamge all the time then the next thing you know your hit for 195 points of cold damage. but your weapon does anywhere from xxx to yyy points and sometimes it's better then others

Use Of Trade Skill Items Vs. Buying the completed Item

The next thing I would definitly like to see addressed is trade skill items, everyone has talked about them, everyone has complained, and I'm going to do it YET again. I think funcom never took in to consideration trade skill items when they put them in to the game, what's the point of the trader, or the mp, or the engineer, or the doc for that matter to go out, combine trade skill itmes and try and sell what they have made when someone can go in to a shop and buy the exact same item for 1/10th the price. here is an example QL50ish Instruction Disk -- Ransack Skills to be made in to the cluster Ransack Skills, store price less then 100K, to build it, roughly 1.2mil. if funcom had taken in to consideration trade skill items when the finally put them in to the game and we could finally use them. the building of that nano would come out to a little less then what the price of the nano in the store is. I mean after all, who makes the nanos for the store. Don't think ANY compnay would make something that costs 1.2mil just to seel it for less then 100K

The 3 Mission Ruel

Another thing I would also like to point out is the effects of doing missions. Ever since I have started playing the game, no matter what the case was, if I could manage to complete 3 average sized missions, I would be allmost assued that I would have gone up a level. Sure it's great that we are made to allways progress, but in my opinion doing missions all the time you allways progrss at approx the same speed. after 3 average sized missions, I go up a level, the exp goes up, and the cycle repeats itself. go and get another 3 missions, get my level the exp goes up. but I don't think this is how it should be. sure I know there has to be something that is predictable so the game can be managed. by noticing this pattern in the game, people are going to realize that baiscly they have to live rhoughtly 600 average size missions to be at level 200. now not evenyone does that, we all die in the game, we all loose exp, but the fact still remains. 3 perfectly executed missions 1 level. now how could that be fixed, I really don't know, because the way the game is set up, the missions increase in difficulty as you level. and that is something that could be talked about by not only the community but by the devlopment team for months and still not have a fix for it. but it is something that I would highly consider fixing, because what is going to happen when the average player base reaches 200, because they have went through done there 600 average sized missions and lived, got there levels. they would have done everything that they can, they can't advance anymore, they would probibly start new character, but then again they might not, they might cancel their accounts and move on to something new, something better

Damage Balance

Last but not least damage output. we the players of the game are being penalized because funcom never thought things through in the beginning. for one, mobs should have no more hitpoints then players, second players should do no more damage then mobs... or you could look at it yet another way, we the players should have the same HP as mobs, and mobs do the same damage as us players. Over equipping really isn't the issue atleast when it comes to PvM, what is, is the balance between mobs hp, the damage they do, player hp, and the damage that we do. sure over equipping would still be an issue, but not one that everyone would complain about. it wouldn't put the game out of balance, it would probibly put things more in to balance then it would take out

Now I hope people will comment constructivly on this. give their input on other such issues so they can be discussed. keep an open mind to what each other is saying and if you don't agree with something, don't flame the person, give your reasons why, mabe they didn't see things the way you see them

Re: Issues that I see so very apprent it isn't even funny

Originally posted by Lord iCeDrAgOn

Constant Damage of nanos

First off before the nt's cry nerf or any other profession for that matter, I just want to say that this has allways been in the game and I wouldn't expect it changed. But my point is, isn't it strange that a ball of fire from an NT, or an energy blast from a crat allways does the same damage no matter what your AC is no matter what level you are. I mean really what is the point of having fire and cold AC is it doesn't effect the damage you take from these programs, I have ran accross a few weapons that do fire damage, but never any that do cold damage. Sure some would consider that an advantage of using damage nanos, other would think it unfair, you be fighting someone that is doing 45 points of damamge all the time then the next thing you know your hit for 195 points of cold damage. but your weapon does anywhere from xxx to yyy points and sometimes it's better then others
    Funny you mention this, you say its always the same dmg. Well, tahts because it is "always" the minimum dmg. Well, not always, but 50% of the time it is.
    NT phone HOME!!

Another thing I would also like to point out is the effects of doing missions. Ever since I have started playing the game, no matter what the case was, if I could manage to complete 3 average sized missions, I would be allmost assued that I would have gone up a level. Sure it's great that we are made to allways progress, but in my opinion doing missions all the time you allways progrss at approx the same speed. after 3 average sized missions, I go up a level, the exp goes up, and the cycle repeats itself. go and get another 3 missions, get my level the exp goes up. but I don't think this is how it should be. sure I know there has to be something that is predictable so the game can be managed. by noticing this pattern in the game, people are going to realize that baiscly they have to live rhoughtly 600 average size missions to be at level 200.
    Not true, for me at 173 its probably 6 huge 60% difficulty mission if I'm lucky and get all orange or red mobs. Or probably 12 50% missions. Or 30-60 smaller missions depending on where you take them (mission reward xp is the key then). XP you get per mob goes down relative to XP required for lvl. On top of that mob HP explodes around lvl 200, goes from maybe 20k on lvl 170 mobs to maybe 50k on 190ish and 100k on 200+. The xp given is maybe 35-40k on the 170ish, 60-70k on the 190ish and 80-100k on the 200+. Risk vs reward?
    Last edited by Myga; Apr 1st, 2002 at 00:37:42.

Angry I agree with tradeskilz

why doesnt it work, i think it would be mad cool if you could become a trader, invest ip in weapon smithing and whatnot, make a whole bunch of weapons and get xp that way rather then killing stuff.

it would b boring but you could make alot of profit.

somehow balance the cost of parts, and the creation of the product so that a built product works better then one sold in a store. And there for sells more then one that is bought from a store.
    If you can't convince 'em -- confuse 'em

My guess as to why trade skills don't work is because Funcom hasn't figured out how to keep players from exploiting them. That's why they came out and said that they were giving up on non combat missions and why you have to kill all the mobs in a mission to assure yourself of getting a token.