Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Clan Citizens: A Statment Regarding the new Council of Truth

I'd also pleadge support to a council provided that the great lords also had their say at the table. It wouldn't be right to press forward without them. Yes, they have deserted their responsibilities, but who here can say their own leadership was always for the good of ALL the clans and not just for their own particular Clan familiy and friends?
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Yeah, yeah Radiman's back and yer going to have The Council of Truth...that name's a laugh in itself....and everything's gonna be peachy keen.

Tell ya what. Your Council of Truth stay out of my way and I'll stay out of its way. OK?

Besides next big dust up and Radiman'll be running for the hills again.

Katelin "Kaetty" Russi
    The Independent Fixer

What bothers me is so far the only ones i have seen invited to these private meetings and discussions, are the happy go lucky, loving, friendly clans, that rarely if ever engage in war for the clans. There is a very small group of dedicated fighters for the clans, i would go so far as to call them the clan militia, when the call to battle is heard, they are the ones you can always count on to be there. If you alienate them from these processions, you will in fact lose your best warriors in the the battle that will come. Every clanner deserves a say in clan affairs, bottom line, in my personal opinion, the fighters deserve the first say, too many times i have seen a tower attack message come across, then i get a call, and i show up with the same 20 people. Most clanners that still hold land control it because of the "clan militia". If you forget about us, we may very well forget about you.

There should be no need for worry, Angelhunter. It is a growse misunderstanding that this would be for some clans only. If it comes to pass, it will encompass any clan that wants to participate, end of story. The clans are one large group, made up of individuals, and we all acknowledge our various ways, a council could not survive if not all shades and variations of our community were included in such a council.
    Anthony "Cogs" McDuff
    Veteran, Cerberus
    220 Supreme Creator : Master of Wheels...the lingerie modeling robot!

Hratgard, leader of Storm has taken an interest in politics recently.....I'd hardly say that Storm is passive....
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    -Whisper's Edge-

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Originally posted by Angelhunter
    What bothers me is so far the only ones i have seen invited to these private meetings and discussions, are the happy go lucky, loving, friendly clans, that rarely if ever engage in war for the clans. There is a very small group of dedicated fighters for the clans, i would go so far as to call them the clan militia, when the call to battle is heard, they are the ones you can always count on to be there. If you alienate them from these processions, you will in fact lose your best warriors in the the battle that will come. Every clanner deserves a say in clan affairs, bottom line, in my personal opinion, the fighters deserve the first say, too many times i have seen a tower attack message come across, then i get a call, and i show up with the same 20 people. Most clanners that still hold land control it because of the "clan militia". If you forget about us, we may very well forget about you.
    The "Happy go lucky clanners" Angelhunter I may not be the strongest, fastests or even lead an organization that controls the most land... but I've fought out in the towers when I've needed and had to, I've done my share of warning and fighting trust me. You can ask a few people like Fixerben and Azzors.
    Nexeus Fatale
    Former GSP DJ
    website

Zane "Tharkael" Conmy

- "The secret to "the list" is that once you are on it, you automatically become Timelapse's and Regulas' chew toy."

I too have been engaged in many battles, and not those just within the constraints of the EG allaince. Don't presume becuase my Clan likes to have social events that nobody fights. Hell, I've been fighting in battles way before the ICC opened up mining which kicked off the Notum Wars.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    -Whisper's Edge-

Kissysuzuki -

Originally posted by Kayl
    It is dissapointing Sallust that you dont even believe a fellow clanner. As Mr Radiman said, we need to unite the clans before we can take any other actions.

As for what happened: Mr Radiman invited a select few into the CoT building and gave a speech about uniting the clans and reforming the Council Of Truth. He was interrupted by a strange "being" who told us to save the world. After this Mr Radiman was evacuated by the Blades.
    well, without an exact quote by someone we are just now hearing from again... i too would be skeptical about someone saying that such a statement was said.

this meeting must of happened while i was out, or i would have most certainly attended it myself.

ah well. i am personally in a wait-and-see state of mind. not too eager to just drop to the floor and do something a person who fled about a year ago with no word, no matter who they might be.

if there were more honor in his actions before the disapearance act he did.. i might be more inclined to help him out more without asking as many questions.

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

I fundamentally mistrust Radiman, bottom line. I don't know his motives, and I don't know if he'll rabbit a second time. "I'm sorry, give me another chance to sell you out" is not a compelling platform with me. There are leaders that I would agree to support, but it begs the question, why do we need one? Have the Clans been that badly off since Radiman left?
    From my perspective, here is what the Clans have an immediate need of:
    1) Get the Sentinels out of Tir, replaced by a group that does not take shots at neutrals.
    2) Clean up Athen.
    3) At a minimum, maintain military parity with Omni, which I would argue we do have currently.

None of this needs Radiman, or a single unified leader even. We have proven that cooperative effort can accomplish all of the above items.
    In my view, the only purpose a CoT would serve is to negotiate an armistice with Omni, something niether side is ready or willing to do. In order to sign such a treaty, there needs to be governments on boths sides. Omni's not going to negotiate with each clan individually. But since I don't see a real peace happening in my lifetime, I also don't see the need for a new CoT.

Bottom line, I would support a CoT but I don't see the need for one. If we are going to form one though I think as Fixerben does that it needs to be from all viewpoints, not just the "Can't we all just get along" crowd.
    BigGreen
    Advisor of Rising Phoenix
    www.risingphoenix.org

current setup

Originally posted by BigGreen
    From my perspective, here is what the Clans have an immediate need of:
    1) Get the Sentinels out of Tir, replaced by a group that does not take shots at neutrals.
    2) Clean up Athen.
    3) At a minimum, maintain military parity with Omni, which I would argue we do have currently.
    Agreed.

Originally posted by BigGreen
    If we are going to form one though I think as Fixerben does that it needs to be from all viewpoints, not just the "Can't we all just get along" crowd.
    BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Thats the funniest name I've ever heard for Moderate Clans.

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

Look, every time the goin' gets tough, Radiman pulls a disappearing act. I'd put my credits on a stim dealer before I trust this guy. Least with a stim dealer I'd know where to find him to plug him if he ever tried to stab me in the back.

Like to know where Radiman hides out though. That must be some hideout.

Katelin "Kaetty" Russi
    The Independent Fixer

I certainly don't trust him to lead a government. he stated he didn't want to lead anyway. But he could be a valuable advisor. This I think would be a good role for the man that, though he hasn't done much in recent memory, did serve the clans earlier in his career.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    -Whisper's Edge-

Kissysuzuki -

We need a strong leader, one who won't leave us in dire times. One who is strong enough to know when a call to arms is necissary, one who has enough savy to talk his way out of fights before they happen, one who is honest in what he wants for the future of the clans, and one who will not attack innocents, regardless of political backround.

Well, then doesn't the choice seem pretty simple... although that person isn't very accesable at the current moment... but I would say why not Lord Galahad or even Sir Beargar. Both, I feel have enough respect for all clan members, are both accepted highly among most, of not all clan organizations and clan members and have done their share of battleing.
    Nexeus Fatale
    Former GSP DJ
    website

Zane "Tharkael" Conmy

- "The secret to "the list" is that once you are on it, you automatically become Timelapse's and Regulas' chew toy."

Before sticking anyone with a congressman's pin lets ask them if they even want the job. Normally its not a question of whether they can handle the responsibility, but more along the lines of if they even want it. When my guild was running an election for new President I was the only one that wanted the job...But there were 4 people in the vote. Of course we can all see how its turned out *points at his Sig*. So lets ask around and see who is even interested before we go choosing.

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

Originally posted by Tharkael
    Well, then doesn't the choice seem pretty simple... although that person isn't very accesable at the current moment... but I would say why not Lord Galahad or even Sir Beargar. Both, I feel have enough respect for all clan members, are both accepted highly among most, of not all clan organizations and clan members and have done their share of battleing.
    The choice is not that simple.

Galahad, unlike Radiman, had a long standing history of leaving council meetings before they were finished. If Galahad can't even remain at a meeting with his own colleagues, what makes anyone think he can stand a meeting with the opposition? How many times will Galahad walk out on a meeting with Ross? How many times will Galahad walk away from his duties as leader of our people? Sorry, but Galahad is too unreliable.

I too would support a new CoT.

I also feel every Clan voice must be heard.

I ultimately want a "lasting peace" but not a peace at the expense of what we have worked so hard to gain... not a peace with out freedom... not a peace where we are ruled by a corporation who has no regard for humanity.

I will not stop until there is a lasting peace where we the inhabitants of Rubi-Ka (Clans, Neutral and Omni employees) can live our lives with out fear. A peace that can only be had with true freedom.
    Marylynn "Rauri" Kozar
    President Opposing Force 2002 - 2010

Raurie lvl 217 ***Doc
    Rauri lvl 215 for like EVER **Fixer
    Jedzia lvl 130 *MA
    Rorie lvl 129 *MP
    Just to name a few....
    ....... and 4 other "alt" accounts cause that's how I roll

Originally posted by Tharkael
    You'd seriously would offer the leadership of the clans to a lunatic lost in some sort of medieval fantasy world of his own? Am I the only one that believes a baisic level of mental sanity is advisable for anyone seeking public office?

Savoy
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Kithrak daydreams and wonders how feasible would him running for office would be if such a thing were possible.

Ah well....enough daydreaming, back to work for me. Its not like Omni-Admin ever got back to saying nice work after all the things I've done.
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

Originally posted by Savoy

You'd seriously would offer the leadership of the clans to a lunatic lost in some sort of medieval fantasy world of his own? Am I the only one that believes a baisic level of mental sanity is advisable for anyone seeking public office?

Savoy
    Sure why not? Even if it is "dellusional and medieval" his knights and his support has helped us Clan members many times. But once again, I was just throwing out names and ideas, as in potential people. Or the type of person that I would like to see lead, someone who's seen war, been through a few tower battles, and is not afraid of it, at the same time someone who is able to take a step back and consider all of the sides of an argument.

A leader is a leader, from the people of the people, and someone that the people respect. Period. If someone does a good job period.
    Nexeus Fatale
    Former GSP DJ
    website

Zane "Tharkael" Conmy

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast