Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Clan Citizens: A Statment Regarding the new Council of Truth

Clan Citizens: A Statment Regarding the new Council of Truth

As some of my fellow clans are aware, and for those that are not, Henry Radiman has called for the Council of Truth to reform. For the new council to work, we must not repeat the faults of the old council. The original Council of Truth failed because this body was composed of officals doing that which the majority of the people opposed, and only stood to promote peace between all sides of the conflict. Two such examples are the amnesty and Sabulum.

Amnesty. The Council called forth our clans leaders to hear their views on the amnesty and how the leaders wanted to proceed. The majority, if not all, of the leaders declined the amnesty. The Council meet internally, discussed how the amnesty would favor peace and despite the majority vote sent spokesperson Henry Radiman onward to accept Phillip Ross' amnesty. The amnesty ultimatly failed because the majority of clans didn't want any such peace offering at the time.

Sabulum. Omni-Tek enters Sabulum in search of criminals. The majority of clans did not want Omni-Tek in clan terrority and used whatever force necessary to remove the Omni-Tek troops. A day later, Henry Radiman asks clans not to interfer with Omni-Tek's operations in Sabulum, that the Council of Truth supported Omni-tek operations. Naturally, the Council saw to agree to Omni-Tek's actions because that was the most peaceful course of action. Three days later, clans drive Omni-Tek from Sabulum.

Soon thereafter, the Council of Truth withdrew from public view and was dormant until the clans rallied for the Council to wake up and take action. The Council woke. However, clans had their doubts as to if the Council would perform. Within two months the Council disbanded. The Council of Truth failed because they did not uphold democracry, that which clans are fighting for, but rather did as necessary to uphold peace.

Now, back to present.

Sat in the Council yesterday and listened to Radiman's wishes to reinstate the Council of Truth. Then, stood and listened to a small group begin forming a 'pre-council' whereas they would oversee to the construction of this new council. I did not partake in this group for two reason, the first of which I stated alloud.

One, what more does Radiman have to say regarding the reformation of the Council of Truth? More specficially, which I did not say alloud, does Radiman want this reformed council to proceed as the old council whereas peace outweighs democracy?

Two, the group of people whom were forming the 'pre-council' appeared to have already decided who would be members; calling out their friends, allies and anyone who shared their views. Clans that opposed their views, such as Sentinels, were ignored and more than likely would, and will, never be extended an invitation.

Since this 'pre-council' as already begun excluding clans they have already failed. They have already repeated the previous Council of Truths mistake of ignoring democracy; denying everyone a voice.

The council can reform. But, the new council can not and must not ignore one of the very concepts in which we are fighting. Should a new council form, anyone and everyone should be alloud to attend as everyone has a voice in democratic society.

Thank you for your time.

Safe travels,
    Abram Kerans

I think we need to clear some things up, Cemeterygate:

One, what more does Radiman have to say regarding the reformation of the Council of Truth? More specficially, which I did not say alloud, does Radiman want this reformed council to proceed as the old council whereas peace outweighs democracy?
    We clearly stated that a new council would have to learn from past mistakes. Democracy would have to rule our actions here. And..if I may be so bold, this is in its initial working phase, we do not even know if mr. Radiman wants to be a part of this. I assume he will clear this up asap!

Two, the group of people whom were forming the 'pre-council' appeared to have already decided who would be members; calling out their friends, allies and anyone who shared their views. Clans that opposed their views, such as Sentinels, were ignored and more than likely would, and will, never be extended an invitation.
    All present last night as we talked about the forming of this "pre-council-workgroup were asked to participate, including you. Our intention is to ask participation from all clans, including the Knights and we will as well confer with mr. Silverstone, should we at all be able to.
    It is utopia to think we can get every single clan to agree to this, but, as it is to be based on democratic values, and should we be able to get a majority of the clans to actively participate, that would suffice. There will always be those that prefer the road of solitude.......
    I take slight offense to your statement that we intend to invite "friends" only, I truly do not think you were listening with both ears, my friend.

A statement will soon be made, in which our intentions will be made clear. By unity...we mean unity. I would also like to state, that any neutral clan, or individual that would like to pledge support to this will be most welcome!
    Anthony "Cogs" McDuff
    Veteran, Cerberus
    220 Supreme Creator : Master of Wheels...the lingerie modeling robot!

I will pledge my support to a Democratic Clan Council.

However, If at any time I feel like the Council us being run in a non-democratic fashion I will leave. We all know that in the past I have supported any effort for a Clan democracy and even given a shot at creating one myself. I would like to maintain my disdain for Cemeterygate(pardon my rhymes), but if what hes saying is true. That this pre-council was one of those "Were all good friends, lets keep it a friend thing" kind of council, then I want nothing to do with it. I assume that the majority of the people involved in this Pre-Council peaceful guilds, the type that would give their right arm for peace, and look at the bright side, peace at all costs. Now, Lets think about this rationally. A Council full of peaceful people...how far will that get us in a War? Sure, Im all for peace, but if you have a council full of people who only want peace at all costs, then that council is doomed. You have to have the warriors, the pacifists, and the politicians to control them. We cant just be a bunch of Hippies passing the pipe painting peace signs with yellow finger paint all over the inside of the CoT building(damn I'm rhyming again). So in short, I pledge my support to a Democratic Clan Council, but only if its truly Democratic. I would like to see all sides/philosophical views in there. Not just the peace loving groups.

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

im with Fixerben 100%

Ah, Cemetarygate...with all due respect, this is taken from the log of that discussion...

**start comm recording log**

15:40: Braedon: I think another thing we should keep in mind before jumping into this...there are few of us here. The less involvement you have from the other Clans not here, the more it may cause resentment and the opposite of the unity we're striving for. I guess that's one reason I wish to see a Radiman or Galahad alongside. I don't know...I support the idea, but I don't think moving quickly is the right choice.
    15:40: Cogs: I agree...
    15:41: Cogs: That is one of the things we must remember from the past
    15:41: Sovanah: Yes, Braedon, point well taken

**end comm recording log**

So, it was rather clear that we agreed it was best to involve anyone and everyone in this process. All we left that meeting with was a plan to get the word out to fellow leaders, and take the forming of any council from there. Don't kill this idea with misrepresentations before we even get started.
    The Deacon of Doom
    www.gridstream.org

Re: Clan Citizens: A Statment Regarding the new Council of Truth

Originally posted by Cemetarygate
    Henry Radiman has called for the Council of Truth to reform. For the new council to work, we must not repeat the faults of the old council.
    Source?

I've heard no such thing, and until you can prove it this is just gossiping in my opinion.

Leave the propaganda to OT, thats their department.
    Clan Elder of The Pilgrims

Sallust, this was stated to the Clan Leaders present by Radiman yesterday. We were called inside the Council of Truth building. Here is a portion of that log (it's too long to post in it's entirety)...

**begin comm recording**

15:02: Henry Radiman: Thank you Sir Beargar
    15:02: Henry Radiman: Thank you all...
    15:02: Henry Radiman: Today I stand here again, a year almost after the Council of Truth was disbanded.
    15:03: Henry Radiman: A year in which we have fought not only OMNI-TEK, but also each other.
    15:03: Henry Radiman: A year in which the idea of a united clan assembly was crushed under the pounding boot of the extremists and the warmongers not amongst us here today.
    15:03: Henry Radiman: So you might ask yourself, why did old Henri Radiman drag his bones back to these floors?
    15:04: Henry Radiman: A vision.
    15:04: Henry Radiman: Not the ones that have been reported all around Rubi-ka and seem to herald the approach of a new era of prosperity or doom, depending on which one you wish to believe....
    15:04: Henry Radiman: No, none of those...
    15:04: Henry Radiman: But of a vision that was eradicated a year ago and through recent events was rekindled.
    15:05: Henry Radiman: Our latest actions against the clans have shown the need for us to try and set our differences aside and
    15:05: Henry Radiman: Yes
    15:05: Henry Radiman: Before you all start again about how this is impossible, I beg you, hear me out.
    15:05: Henry Radiman: JOBE...
    15:05: Henry Radiman: The need to reunite is JOBE.
    15:05: Henry Radiman: Why do you ask?
    15:06: Henry Radiman: You have all heard the reports of the portal to the shadowlands opening.
    15:06: Henry Radiman: You all know about the claims OMNI-TEK has made on them, not to mention the replies some of our brethren have given . . .
    15:06: Henry Radiman: . . . regretable, but there is no way of reversing either.
    15:07: Henry Radiman: Most also know about the speech the esteemed Mr. Ross has given and the orders he issued that led to the skirmish in Broken Shores....
    15:07: Henry Radiman: Who would you give the better odds, NOT just looking at numbers...OMNI who, as they claim have repossessed the Portal and will move in as one company....
    15:07: Henry Radiman: or the many scattered clans all trying to carve out their little niches?
    15:08: Henry Radiman: And what of Jobe itself? How will they react to us?
    15:08: Henry Radiman: Therefor gentlemen, I tell you we MUST try and restart the Council of Truth and give it a second chance
    15:08: Henry Radiman: for it might be our ONLY chance.
    15:09: Odeen: And who should be a part of this new CoT mr Radiman?
    15:09: Henry Radiman: Now. . .
    15:09: Henry Radiman: Oh my god....

**end comm recording**

At that point, the meeting and his speech was interrupted by...a vision. I'm not sure what else to call it.
    The Deacon of Doom
    www.gridstream.org

Damnit, I missed out on what happened... *sighs* well I guess, I would appreciate it if any one can inform me of what happened, and what came of this discussion, myself I would like to very heavily participate in it.
    Nexeus Fatale
    Former GSP DJ
    website

Zane "Tharkael" Conmy

- "The secret to "the list" is that once you are on it, you automatically become Timelapse's and Regulas' chew toy."

It is dissapointing Sallust that you dont even believe a fellow clanner. As Mr Radiman said, we need to unite the clans before we can take any other actions.

As for what happened: Mr Radiman invited a select few into the CoT building and gave a speech about uniting the clans and reforming the Council Of Truth. He was interrupted by a strange "being" who told us to save the world. After this Mr Radiman was evacuated by the Blades.
    Kayl - Adventurer
    Niomay - Shade
    Barenn - Soldier <--- retired due to being extremely gimpy

8Proud members of Tiger Claw7

I welcome any attempt of the Clans to unite under one representative body in whatever form you see fit. The situation on Rubi-Ka can never be normalised until no one body Omni-Tek can negotiate with. I have a great admiration of Radiman, but in then end this is an internal Clan matter.

But, let's us look at the bigger picture. The Omni-Clan conflict will soon we something of the past. With Omni lease running out, the Clans need to worry less about OT and more about the longterm future of the planet. The real prize at stake is the ICC lease over Rubi-Ka. The clans have fifty years or so to prove to the ICC that they can govern the themselves and planet in an orderly, responsible fashion and that they can entrusted with the most precious commodity in the universe. Fifty years are not a long time, considereing all that need to be accomplished. Should the Clans fail to seize this opportunity, they may well find themselves dealling with a new mega-corporation running the planet for them.

Savoy
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Radiman will have to asnwer for his crimes towards the people of this planet! Then we can talka bout a possible reforming of teh council of fools
    "It's your life. Keep it up! Keep it real!"

Originally posted by Savoy
    Should the Clans fail to seize this opportunity, they may well find themselves dealling with a new mega-corporation running the planet for them.
    In a sense isn't that what Omni-Tek is? They are the ICC, and the way I see it, ICC is holding all of the strings no matter what is done because they are using Omni as a way to get their means to an end. After the reports I heard from the speach made by Ross... I am even more convinced that Ross either doesn't exist or is just a puppet for what the ICC wants.

The bigger issue is really not that this has been a Omni-Clan battle, but more like an ICC -Clan battle, even though ICC says they they are Neutural in this matter.
    Nexeus Fatale
    Former GSP DJ
    website

Zane "Tharkael" Conmy

- "The secret to "the list" is that once you are on it, you automatically become Timelapse's and Regulas' chew toy."

I'm not going to argue about Omni-Clan politics here. This is not a thread about Omni-Clan relations. Its about us making a new Council. And I would love to see that.

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

Nevver records Savoy's speech then heads back to her apartment.

Nevver returns.

I welcome any attempt of the Clans to unite under one roof in whatever shabby form they see fit. The situation on Rubi-Ka can never be finalised until Omni-Tek can gun down all the Clanners in one convenient place. I have a great disdain for Radiman, and in the end this is all about Clan internal organs being splattered against the wall.

But, let's us look at the bigger picture. The Omni-Clan conflict will soon we something of the past as soon as we turn Tir into a parking lot for a Walmart. With Omni lease running out, the Clans need to worry more about OT and less about the longterm future of their lives. The real prize at stake is the ICC lease over Rubi-Ka. The clans have fifty minutes or so to prove to the ICC that they can pack their bags and get the hell off of our planet themselves in an orderly, responsible fashion or that they can be of some use in the mines. Fifty minutes is a generous amount of time, considereing all that can be accomplished with a well equipped force of Omni soldiers. Should the Clans fail to seize this opportunity, they may well find themselves dealing with a gun muzzle in their collective mouth.

Savoy
    I agree with Savoy
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Originally posted by Tharkael

In a sense isn't that what Omni-Tek is? They are the ICC, and the way I see it, ICC is holding all of the strings no matter what is done because they are using Omni as a way to get their means to an end. After the reports I heard from the speach made by Ross... I am even more convinced that Ross either doesn't exist or is just a puppet for what the ICC wants.

The bigger issue is really not that this has been a Omni-Clan battle, but more like an ICC -Clan battle, even though ICC says they they are Neutural in this matter.
    You are so, so very wrong. Whether you acknowledge it or not, the ICC have been the Clans best friend. Omni Tek had no intention to share insurance technology with the Clans, the ICC forced OT to do so. Without the ICC, there would be no Clans today.

Savoy

Originally posted by Nevver
    Nevver records Savoy's speech then heads back to her apartment.

Nevver returns.

I agree with Savoy

Oi!!!

*click!*

Nevver runs back to her apartment again.

*sounds of really hightech electronic stuff and hammers and saws*

Nevver returns and presses the "play" button.

Oi!!! I hate those stinky Clanners!!! I just want to kill them all!!! Raar!!!
    *click!*

I like you more and more, Savoy. You're my kind of people!
    Last edited by Nevver; Sep 12th, 2003 at 17:53:24.
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»

Also known as...
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Savoy sulks. "Six years at the naval Academy, a masters degree in political science and the best I can come up with is 'Rawr'".

No no! It wasn't just "Rawr!" It was "Raar!" There's a difference, ya know.
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»

Also known as...
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Mr. McDuff & Mr. Demesa, the word "we" was used too often that day. "We" could have meant those present, you and yours (i.e. "friends, allies and anyone who shared their views"), the entirety of the clans or something else all together. However, hearing such phrases as, "I think another thing we should keep in mind before jumping into this...there are few of us here. The less involvement you have from the other Clans not here, the more it may cause resentment and the opposite of the unity we're striving for. I guess that's one reason I wish to see a Radiman or Galahad alongside" made me conclude "friends, allies and anyone who shared their views."

Please note, Mr. Demesa said "other clans," not "all clans," while specifically citing those (i.e. "Radiman or Galahad") that, I'm fairly certain, share your political views. Perhaps Mr. Demesa mispoke, but phrases whereas "all clans" not having been used were used too often for my tastes. Even one was too much.

I realize my interpretation and opinions of the situtations has offended you, Mr. McDuff. For that, please accept my apology. However, if you wish to change my opinion then you'll have to show otherwise. I look forward to your statement.

Safe travels,
    Abram Kerans
    Last edited by Cemetarygate; Sep 13th, 2003 at 15:41:47.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast