Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Where are you from?

Hmm, here i go.

Svendborg, Denmark -->
    Bremen, Germany -->
    Göteborg, Sweden -->
    Århus, Denmark
    Geistersturm, Fixer : I can Run, Pull and Kill, in that order.

Did you know that there is a country where trolls come from? Its a land far up north, with fjords, snowcapped mountains, and a lot of farmers with computers

And that's where I'm from; Norway! Im proud of it too, even though I dont have a cow. I do, however, have a puter

The city where I live is called Kristiansand, and it is the most southern city in Norway. We dont have polarbears, penguins, iglos - and yes, we do have electricity, eventhough our electricity comes from norwegian indians running around in big wheels.

Temperatures vary from -30 degrees Celsius to +45 degrees Celsius (45 degrees celsius is about 115 degrees Fahrenheit).

We have skerries (clots of different sized islands along the coastline), and a lot of norwegians have boats.

We have a wonderful country, and we often think more of ourselves than what could be described as realistic, but I think that applies to alot of other countries as well .
    "Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe."

Originally posted by kyleb
    Dude it's the lions! They should be in the hall a fame for sucking more than any other team ever. 'sept Barry, he's the best, but he's gone so we are definetly the worst now.
    I knew you meant the lions. I was being sarcastic.

The Wolverines still SUCK though!!! LOL!
    "Hey, hey now. Don't be mean. We don't have to be mean.
    'Cause, remember, no matter where you go..... there you are."
    -Buckaroo Banzai

Och aye the noo!

Glasgow, Scotland.

It rains here. Quite a bit. Beer cures all the ills. Oh, and whisky.

Trivia question: Apart from the spelling, does anyone know the difference between whisky and whiskey?
    Flying over your House
    One guy called fugee_la
    Doctorganism
    Aebraham
    Perciville

Born in Sydney, Australia
    Lives in Carrollton, Texas (near Dallas, but not Dallas!)

Talking

Toronto, Ontario. Please lets keep the Canadian insults to a minimum
    Rookie Jiggamonkey - 162 Soldier
    Proud member of the MoK
    Proudly Canadian... the land of beer hockey and beavers

Australia here, state of Queensland, 'bout an hour north of Brisbane.

Alternate description for the US - 20 minutes from the Crocodile Hunter

Aurorae aka Sturge

Me too.

Austin, TX
    Last edited by Pneuma; Jun 26th, 2002 at 11:19:41.

American's are wierd sometimes...

Originally posted by HidaReign
    Euopean foot ball thats like what happens right before a war breaks out right?
    No, that would be a game you actually play with your feet...

Scotch!

-> fugee_la: Hehe, good question.

I prefer Whisky, definitely. Well Irish Whiskey is not bad either, but still, I stick with the Single Malt(s). You don't know by any chance where to get a 'cheap' bottle of Aberlour Antique or comparable. Over here in Germany, it is not easy to get, and if, well, you have to pay the price.

I heard that the Canadians write 'Whisky' as well, but I can't confirm that - looking forward to that 25 year old bottle we are going to open at my father's 60th birthday.

So long,

Max(imilian)
    100% curious

Norderstedt, Germany ---- born on Helgoland, Germany

Post Home.. oh, home!

Living in: Bergen, Norway.
    Born at. Voss, Norway.

There.
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

Talking 'cause I was, boorrrnn in the USA

San Diego, CA (fadder was a Navy guy), but now reside in the lovely city of Long Beach, NY. Where the Jewish bagels are supreme and the girls still know that topless sunbathing is what makes men happy!

I've been all over the US - drove across country 4 times while I was in college (because I never studied) and hit all but 3 states in the continental US.
    most boring state to drive in - Texas
    most fun - GA (man you can haul arsh there!) - I also got flashed 3 times

Just a silent and sincere thank you to the men and women that gave their lives to save the lives of other. September 11th 2001 will always be branded in my memory as one of the worse days of my life, but also a day that made me realize that New Yorkers are world class people. I'm just grateful I lost no one to that. God Bless America..

the duck

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast