Thread: Same nick ?

Question Same nick ?

Is it possible to have two char's with the same nick ?

I got a char on Rubi-Ka 1, but when I searched on his name on AO-web site a second char with the same nick showed up on Rubi-Ka 2...

If this is not a bug then the idea of being able to switch between dimension 1 and 2 with same char sometime in the future is no longer on the agenda?

Nanogater (not the double char nick)
    NT = Nerfed Technician

My doctor told me I am paranoid, so I shot him.

Obviously he was an alien agent sent here to kill me...and he did not come alone!

Same here...

When I look up "Frenetic" on the search people option, I get two -- me, RK1 opifex female MA and another, a level 3 atrox enforcer on RK2. This has me worried because if and when they do combine the servers, I doubt they'll allow two people to have the same handles -- probably wouldn't work. So will one of us be forced into a Frenetic2? It would kind of suck if the other Frenetic doesn't even play and I get stuck with the second-hand name.

I think it's kind of odd that you can name people the same thing over the two servers, though. Is this new?
    Babette, Frenetic, Misophist, Yardleigh.
    "I am the queen of France!!!"

Rejected.
    Ah, L'Amour!
    Bitter Films

RK2 was created to aleviate the overcrowding on RK1, so I don't think anyone needs to fear a "server merge".... if anything, one might expect to see a RK3 sometime in the future....

But as of now, the 2 servers are seperate, and there's no way to move chars between the 2 Rubi-Ka's, so there should be no need to worry about someone on the other server using the same name as you.

But... but...

Yes, RK2 was created to fix the overcrowding on the first server. But I doubt they'll need a RK3 considering how many people are actually on RK2.

That said, do you not recall the talk about making it possible for characters to cross over from RK2 to RK1 and vice versa? It would apparenly cost the character something, and be a little complicated, but there hasn't been much discussion on it for a while.

So what I and the original poster are worried about is this -- if the other person who shares our nick happens to cross over to our particular server, will there be two people with the same name wandering around in the same server? Or will one of us be given a secondary title to differentiate? That'd be crappy.
    Babette, Frenetic, Misophist, Yardleigh.
    "I am the queen of France!!!"

Rejected.
    Ah, L'Amour!
    Bitter Films

Actually, the names should be unique across all the servers. I had to delete my "Bjond" agent on RK1 before I could create a character with the same name on RK2.

BTW, they'll have to do an IP wipe before they can mix RK1 and RK2. Ka-2 missed out on many of the IP exploits and even valid IP-rings were never available on Ka-2. IMHO, I expect Ka-2 to close down soon and all the chars be migrated to Ka-1. The server population on Ka-2 is almost as low as the test server.

Since nicks clearly is NOT uniqe across RK-1 and RK-2, has FC decided to never merge the two worlds?

As stated one of my chars on RK-1 has a 'twin-nick' char on RK-2 (the creator of this char is for me unknown) and Misophist has it too.

The reason why RK-2 'missed' some 'exploits' and/or features is because RK-2 never was there in the beginning. The two dimensions have the same patches so when RK-2 was 'created' those things was removed from RK-1 as well.
    NT = Nerfed Technician

My doctor told me I am paranoid, so I shot him.

Obviously he was an alien agent sent here to kill me...and he did not come alone!