Thread: Official JAME Release

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

Post Official JAME Release

Official JAME Release
    Editor Andoy

Lady Skellibjalla has released this announcement on behalf of of JAME (Jobe Association of Metaphysical Exploration):

A final agreement has been reached and as promised by the creators of Jobe, the Shadowlands will be open to all!

However, Omni-Tek employees and clan members will need to provide certain services to pass, while the neutrals – untainted by the conflict as we are - will be required to pay only a small fee for entry. Full control of the portal will remain in the hands of JAME for the visible future.

Our aim is that eventually, all citizens of the planet Rubi-Ka will enjoy unfettered access to the knowledge of the Shadowlands.

The scientific knowledge gained from investigating Shadowlands technology will be available to all in Jobe. To protect the integrity and quality, exclusive rights have been given to the Independent Professionals Society and a handful of Jobean merchant associations to handle this business, and we bid everyone welcome, regardless of side chosen in the conflict on Rubi-Ka.

The scientists have received assurance that they will continue to be unaffected by the conflict to do their work. They also want to use this opportunity to warn people not to try and destabilize, let alone meddle in the business of the research scientists or the portal technicians. Any intrusions will be swiftly dealt with by Jobe security installations, which are already in place.

To travel to the Shadowlands as swiftly as possible, travelers are advised to talk directly to the Portal Technicians as soon as possible.

I cant say that I agree with the Fee for Neutrals, but this is a good step towards free travel between the dimensions. Hopefully one day this little fee can be waived. Its really not fair. But this is a Neutral gripe, not my war to wage. Just expressing my distaste for the situation.

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

Curious how you interject an opinion, stating quite clearly that you obviously claim a side in any ensuing debate concerning the tax, and then claim to not to be interested in the entire issue....

In any event, I applaud the equality with which JAME has conducted its affairs with respect to this matter. Commendable indeed that those reared and schooled by Omni-Tek Corporation and condoned to their pursuit of knowledge have removed themselves from the political spectrum in order to focus on said task.

I stated my oppinion, and said I would not act. The Neutrals if they so choose to pursue a course of action will however have my moral support. Its a statement of understanding and compassion.

I have a feeling you and I are not going to get along very well.

((All the current contention over the whole portal-access thing will probably change the current game mechanics, rendering this discussion pretty moot As such...))

Given that the hour is still early on the dawing of Portal access, I would imagine JAME may face tremendous pressure from all sides regarding the...ahem. Requirements for entry.

Originally posted by Fixerben
    I have a feeling you and I are not going to get along very well.
    And so long as you oppose that which I espose, namely, Omni-Tek supremacy, that may unfortunately be true.

((But you can bet that we'll have some damn fun times in the months ahead ))

((yeah yeah!!! I'm gonna argue j00 to death!!!))

I will always oppose Omni-Tek supremacy.

So long as you recognize that Omni-Tek is indeed supreme (which you aptly seem to do), you and I may not be as bitter enemies as one might expect.

Omni-Tek is only superior to my Big Toe.

Her first read of the morning with her java was the Radiman report, and it failed to impress her. She next went to the article from Boss Ross, and of course, had to chuckle at the gaul.

Finally, "ah, this is the one I was looking for," she mutters, finding this report....
    exclusive rights have been given to the Independent Professionals Society and a handful of Jobean merchant associations to handle this business, and we bid everyone welcome, regardless of side chosen in the conflict on Rubi-Ka.
    "It would appear both sides of the conflict have either missed this or are intentionally ignoring JAME's stand on the matter," she reads on...

The scientists have received assurance that they will continue to be unaffected by the conflict to do their work. They also want to use this opportunity to warn people not to try and destabilize, let alone meddle in the business of the research scientists or the portal technicians. Any intrusions will be swiftly dealt with by Jobe security installations, which are already in place.
    "Why, yes we are," she says as she flicks the reader to another page.
    ~Danyx Jayde~

Not to be insulting to anyone, but have any of you that complain about this fee actualy ever tried to go and pay it?

It used to be that if you had been clanner or omni, you had to pay 100 credits and a mission token. If you think about this, I think you will see why. The first day it was open, everyone was tring to use the portal causing it to become instable. The idea of requiring you to go get a mission token was so that it would spread out the time it between people using the portal, alowing it to stablize. ((OOC: They had you get the mission token to help cut down on Lag))

Now that we do not have lines a mile long waiting to use the portal though they have changed the fee. It is currently 1000 credits for both clan and omni. For those of you that are unsure what that means, I will explain.

1000 credits is one mission for the newest of people on the planet. I made that much on my very first mission on Rubi-Ka.

1000 credits is less than one hours work for the newest of people on the planet. I finished my first mission in less than a half hour.

1000 credits is pocket change for the people that have been on the planet for a while. I've seen older people just give away millions of credits to people for no other reason that they felt like it.

1000 credits buys you about 4000 bullets. For you that buy guns that use bullets, how often do you go and by more? I know that I don't have to get them often, as I buy them in bulk.

Just wanted to put it into perspective for you.

I cannot believe that people are complaining about paying a fee to use portals which they did not stabilize and which they do not maintain.

It is hard work to keep the portals functioning properly and our technicians are highly trained. All of this is expensive and I don't think it is too much to ask that those who are taking advantage of the work of Jobean scientists and technicians help in the cost of maintaining the portals.

Emeryn
    Citizen of Jobe