Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Statement Released from Henry Radiman

Post Statement Released from Henry Radiman

Statement Released from Henry Radiman
    Editor Irondat

After more than a year of self-imposed exile, Mr. Henry Radiman the former leader of the Council of Truth, has resurfaced. His influence is felt unexpectedly strongly in the clan community and he released this statement to them today, now as the Shadowlands Portal is being opened:

People of Rubi-Ka

This is a solemn moment, and I will speak to you from my heart.

I am a religious man. I believe in a God - A power, greater than our imaginations can fathom. The world is benign and at the same time indifferent, chaotic and at the same time filled with purpose. With Meaning!

All that we have gone through as a race, often obscures this fact, that we are constantly striving for something that we do not know what is. How can we do that without there being a purpose out there somewhere, guiding us at the same time that it drives us on. The meaning is our vehicle, its fuel and our destination. We are but passengers, but that is no small matter. The journey itself is for us, and because of us!

We are God´s celestial experiment, and this is the hour when we will finally meet our maker. How mankind has yearned for this moment, now becoming reality. For within the Shadowlands, the Source of all life rests and awaits us.

I believe it is our destiny to become one with the Shadowlands. I believe that Rubi-Ka is our Hill, that the Shadowlands are our cross and that the time has come for us to redeem mankind forever!

This is what I believe.

Share this vision with me, and let us seek the truth together within the Shadowlands!
    Last edited by Lucien; Sep 9th, 2003 at 23:30:23.

Mr. Radiman!
    After yesterdays positive meeting, in which views shared conicided I believe your statemnet rings true with any true clanner! It is time for us to unite, and seek our destiny, for I beleive as the vision said to me that the blood of Alyssa flows in my veins, it flows as much in all our veins. It is time to pick up our heritage, and stand together in this time where our objective seems so clear. The time to redeem ourselves has come.....and I for one will gladly take this journey in friendship, and fight with all my heart to reunite with our true essence and eventually one day be truly free!
    Long live the Clans, long live David Marlin, and may the blood of Alyssa guide us along the path!
    Anthony "Cogs" McDuff
    Veteran, Cerberus
    220 Supreme Creator : Master of Wheels...the lingerie modeling robot!

I can claim no such blood relation to the line of Alyssa. But I know that I feel something. Something inexplicable. Your words are true to the feelings of my heart. But only This Greater Power knows our path on this journey. All we can do is pray that we do His will.

So to you Mr. Radiman, and to my fellow Clansmen I say:

One does not have to know the path to be walking it. Follow your heart, It knows the way when you do not.

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

Originally posted by Fixerben
    Follow your heart, It knows the way when you do not.
    Oh yes, do blindly walk into things with no attempt at precognition. It is no wonder there is and has historically been such chaos among the clan populace...far too many following a ten-pound collection of muscle tissue and fluid instead of their minds.

Its great having Henry back, I can only hope that soon the leadership of the Knights Clan will return as well.
    Clan Elder of The Pilgrims

It is definately good to have Mr. Radiman back with us.

Re: Statement Released from Henry Radiman

We are God´s celestial experiment, and this is the hour when we will finally meet our maker. How mankind has yearned for this moment, now becoming reality. For within the Shadowlands, the Source of all life rests and awaits us.
    She puts down her java while reading the article, mumbling to herself,"..and if we find not his God, but his Satan? How can he make such a statement, that the Shadowland is the Source of all life? For all we know it's hell about to swallow us!"

She flicks the reader to the next page continuing, "wonder where he's getting his information."
    ~Danyx Jayde~

Re: Re: Statement Released from Henry Radiman

Originally posted by Danyx

She puts down her java while reading the article, mumbling to herself,"..and if we find not his God, but his Satan? How can he make such a statement, that the Shadowland is the Source of all life? For all we know it's hell about to swallow us!"

She flicks the reader to the next page continuing, "wonder where he's getting his information."

OOC: Danyx if you read the insert on the back of the Map of Rubi-Ka that comes with Shadowlands it tells the tale of an ancient battle, in which the Unredeemed won the first round (Clans nemesis, or Radiman's Satan). So we very well could find his Satan. And to me it would only make sense to find that, and to destroy it.

ooc: yea, I DID read it, but Radiman didn't.

We, the PO's (player owners) know that, but our avatars and the npc of the game don't have clue as to what they will find. My character thinks it's pretty narcisstic of the humanoid race to assume there's other dimensions out there waiting for us to move into and claim as our own without some other race giving us the "what-for."
    Last edited by Danyx; Sep 13th, 2003 at 15:27:08.
    ~Danyx Jayde~

ooc: Hm...Well my character knows the story of the past of the Shadowlands. If its something thats in print, I assume that my character can get ahold of it too.

ooc: Our characters have seen NOTHING in print about the past of the Shadowlands, as the Jobe Research people have just gotten it open and have not gone through exploring very far, that's what our characters are supposed to do...explore and discover. They know nothing of the conflict of of the Redeemed and the Unredeemed. In fact, the last step of the newbie quest is to find out why the brink is crumbling and you find a piece of ancient equipment, that Drake gets excited about because he thinks it may mean there was an ancient civilization. Who or what the civilation was is still UNDISCOVERED by our characters.

What we got in the box was knowledge for the players, NOT the characters. Doesn't matter to casual gamers, but it's an important point to roleplayers.
    ~Danyx Jayde~

So, Radiman has decided to come out of whatever hole he was hiding in. I guess he just climbed out, because the filth is still dripping off him. The Clans are too emotional, too spiritual, too weak! The Shadowlands...I have gone through the portal, and what I have seen is a land consumed by war, not much unlike our own Rubi-Ka. If this is the source of life, then life is truly a circle, for I see only the end of life in the Shadowlands. Let the Clanners blindly rush into the unknown, let them get eaten by the monsters that rule there! Omni-Tek will explore cautiously, running tests, and making the most efficient uses of the resources found there. That is why Omni-Tek is strong. We believe in order. And through order comes strength. Omni-Tek will prevail.
    Zack "Eternalforce" Craddock
    Professional soldier of fortune.
    Quote Originally Posted by dustynova
    ahhh Ao where the men are boys the women are men and the leets are very very nervous.

Originally posted by Ammicus
    Oh yes, do blindly walk into things with no attempt at precognition. It is no wonder there is and has historically been such chaos among the clan populace...far too many following a ten-pound collection of muscle tissue and fluid instead of their minds.
    Yes Ammicus. But there are somethings about the heart that you have forgotten.

First, It is the strongest muscle in the Solitus body.
    Second, It is the hardest working muscle in the human body.
    Third, And most important. Even after the heart has been seperated from the body it continues to beat.

Just as the Clan heart continues to beat strong, even while seperated from the Omni-Tek machine.

ooc: I am a roleplayer, and a powergamer Danyx. And to me all the thought you put into that just makes me think you have too much spare time, and need a real life. Any high school graduate can tell just by looking around at the Shadowlands that there used to be a Civilization. There are HUGE machines all over the place, and ruins of cities. One could guess by the differences in the types of 2 cities and the architectural styles that there were 2 very different groups of people on the planet at one time. And for that matter, how do you think the Jobe scientists came upon the Shadowlands? Do you think that one day they said "Hey, Lets open a door to a new dimension and call it the Shadowlands." I seriously doubt that. There had to have been some kind of story or folklore about this ancient place for them to even know it existed. And furthermore...how can we gain faction points with the Redeemed and Unredeemed if we dont know they ever existed? That makes about as much sense as a 3 breasted woman. All this says that my character should know something about the Shadowlands and its past. So he will continue to know

First, It is the strongest muscle in the Solitus body.
    Second, It is the hardest working muscle in the human body.
    Third, And most important. Even after the heart has been seperated from the body it continues to beat.
    And yet that changes nothing of the fact that it is merely a muscle, incapable of thought, logic or reason.

And further, even though a heart may beat as a result of a residual charge after being separated from its host, it does eventually cease.

There is no Tell-Tale Heart on Rubi-Ka, Mr. Davidson. The clans will wither, Radiman will fall (for the third time, I believe), and all that will be left is a red puddle on the floor ground under the foot of Omni-Tek.

And to me all the thought you put into that just makes me think you have too much spare time, and need a real life.
    Thanks for the immature flammage. It's a game, and my character can see things different than yours, and I do have a real life, thank you very much. I am a very busy surgical nurse, the mother of four and grandmother of two.

If your character, in game, shows my character what lore you are speaking of, then she will be happy to be read such and be enlightened. My character assumes nothing. Until you can do this, my own character sees evidence of a previous civilization, but she has no idea who or what they are, and she does NOT see a screen that says "you have earned 10 Redeemed faction points" any more than she can see "you have leveled" or "you have earned perk points" . That is information for the player, not the character. To me, there is a quite difference between me and my character. My character is a role, hence role-play.

Mature people who want to argue a point can do so without personal jabs.

This is an in-character forum, and ooc should be limited to the minimum. I am not going to continue to argue with you about what my own character believes. Believe as you will, and I will believe as I will. Conversation over.
    ~Danyx Jayde~

Originally posted by Danyx
    This is an in-character forum, and ooc should be limited to the minimum.
    And that's all that really needs to be said.

Hmmm....I'm not much for the beliefs in gods or goddesses. I do belive that there are things we don't understand. Ancient peoples, huddling around a campfire would have percieved me as a goddess with my weapons, armor, implants and nanoprograms. It's entirelly possible we are the ones huddling around the campfire as we witness the strange and "supernatural" unfolding before our eyes.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

*Vedanthi lounges on the bed of her Jobe appt, fumbling around inside the many carry-alls she's taken to wearing since her first trip into Nascence*

Begin recording *beep*
    Hmmmm, I suspect that the easiest way is settle the issue is to find a pattern for one of the more powerfull Xan, Novictalize, incarnate and then ask it then some questions about the Source.

Though I doubt if you'd find fragments of a pattern like that in Sheol or below. Perhaps Adonis, a larger Xan city like that must have some fragments of its past occupants.

Though I find it ammusing that in persuit of the secrets to Life, Death an the Divine the major limiting factor has thusfar been my innability you use my Yalm.

I'll wager that the ancient Earth philosophers didn't see that comming.
    End Recording *beep*
    Vedanthi Urdth Tskalt the Norn Sisters.
    Nullprogram Kreuzritter Voluspa the Others.

Re: Statement Released from Henry Radiman

Originally spoken by the filthy Clanner named Henry Radiman
    I believe it is our destiny to become one with the Shadowlands. I believe that Rubi-Ka is our Hill, that the Shadowlands are our cross and that the time has come for us to redeem mankind forever!
    So, he's back... well whoop-de-do! How is what The Big Rad saying any different from what the Clans have been trying to do all along: conquer and expand their territories on Rubi Ka. The only difference now is that they want some of whatever action that might be found in the Shadowlands.

Some of you Clan leaders should be more angry and worried than anything else with the return of this wanna-be messiah. Here you've been doing all the work since Radiman crept away in the middle of the night with his tail between his legs only to return, see the advances that YOU have made and then show that typical Clan lust for power after you did the dirty part. What thanks do you get? He thanks you by patting you on the head and saying, "Good job!" then tells you that he will take over the whole operation from here. Pffft! If this were the other way around and some zealot within Omni-Tek tried to take credit for what *I* had done, I would kill him.

But don't listen to me, after all, I'm aligned with "Satan."

Nevver raises her arms, wiggles her fingers and makes a very exaggerated boogieman face...

BOO!

Nevver rolls her eyes.
    Last edited by Nevver; Sep 20th, 2003 at 13:43:26.
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast