Thread: Long post.

Long post.

In the discussions of the OE Patch, part of argument centers around what exactly is reasonable for a person to wear/wield and what they can expect to be able to acquire on thier own or in a team of people thier own level.

Im a fixer. A level 79 Fixer. The maximum mission I can roll is in the low 140's. In static dungeons like the little one in mort, Items drop up to 200. With a full team, all under 80, we went there and slaughtered stuff for most of the night getting 4-5 levels in the process. It was a good team IMO, no doc, no trader,no crat, just good players. In a team getting Q200 loot is not all that difficult. Even for a mid 70-80 Team.

I can blitz the 142 missions without much difficulty. If i spend 20 minutes rolling for a battle suite, I can get 400k+ credits for doing so (And thats selling it to a terminal) And NO, I dont use AOMD. No real nead to. I would rather look at the stuff that comes up and pick and choose. Ill take different items for missions that will be faster, if the mission has tons of cash. Its a trade off that AOMD is just not equiped to make the best desisions for. If you take out the blitzing with the argument that "Fixers are uber blitzers go away the rest of us cant do that" Well... I fight my way through 125 missions solo. The loot i get is in the 90-150 range. And there is NO one thats gonna tell you "Fixers are too uber in combat go away the rest of us cant do that" Its dangerous, and takes skill but it CAN be done. I know, I do it. I died a lot learning how to do it.

I have played this character without buying anything from ebay or getting power leveld by high level characters. When I want something I eithor blitz for it or pay someone to make it. Or buy it on the open marcket. (/auc Hey anyone selling a (Item x) I'm paying (More than its worth) generaly works). I do have an engineer friend (That i met in game not RL) that can do 110 implants, and he usualy doesnt charge me much. Although I generaly buy him nano chargers a lot cause hes broke a lot so it kinda works out. I also blitzed a coupla pet nanos for him.

Anyhow what Im saying is The argument that a player level 80 shouldnt be able to get items of q160+ is, well, pandering to lowest common denominator of players so to speak. I play well and the concept that I dont deserve to be able to use what I can get is silly.

I dont have a RL friend that will toss me a 132 wrangle or 3 mochams if i ask for it. I know several people that will do it for anyone, for a price. How? I read the shopping channels where (Cencored Trader Name) auctions 132 wrangles, 132k. I get them for 100 but dont tell him i said that. I bring (Censored Doc Name) my nano components and she makes them for whatever you wanna donate. I normaly try to donate well. It makes it so she is more willing to take the time to do it, and frankly she spent the IP so she deserves the $$. How did I find such a person? I checked the shopping channels. I did research to figure out where my IP should be spent. I planned this character as one that would be realy good at blitzing, good for pulling, and good for adding as much dammage as I could. (No, I didnt go shotgun, I dont have the crit buff to make it worth while)

No, Im not that great at combat. And would get my butt handed to me in most pvp situations. Why? I try to fight fair. IE Self buffed. Why? Its a bigger challenge and Im not going all ego trip about it. Ill get mad for getting ganked when the person abuses the rules (IE gets so they can hit me in PVP zone but I cant hit them back cause they moved outta it before i engaged them. ) Or when some level 150 wants to gank me so he teams with a level 30 to make the team level in my range so he can attack. Thats just wrong. I prefer my kills to be one on one, or team on team. Where both sides are +- 5 levels of eachother.

Anyhow this rambling post is to say that YES, a level 80 CAN get q200 gear in a team, and Q140 gear solo, without being a "twink" "Ebayer" or "Having High level RL Friends". The best I can generaly equip is around the 140's which is what I can get on my own. Although a few peices I can do better because I plan it right, and spend the $$ to buy it from someone else. Figuring out the order of buffs, implants, and equipment to get setup correctly is a FUN part of the game for me. It takes planning and knowledge. I gotta know who has what, and when they would be willing to cast it, for how much, and where they hang out. I guess thats why Im a fixer. Ya gotta master the (HUMAN) net, to play the game. That's what makes it a MMORPG, not just a RPG. Anyhow, If you need anything on RK2, around q 140, Ill see what I can arrange. It will cost ya, but hey, doesnt everything?

You dont HAVE to spend the time figuring out how to wear stuff. Or even what it makes sence to wear. But then you shouldnt have as good stuff as one who does. I invest more time and energy, I should get the benefits. I have nothing that is not available to anyone should they set their mind to it.

Anyhow If you wanna know what this OE patch is gonna mean to me, and If you are still reading this i guess you dont mind hearing it... four things.

1. Ill stay away from crats and traders in 25% zones. Unless I get the drop on them and my supressor can take them out before they can cast. Unlikely though. My dammage is not that great. (Im a fixer remember)

2. Ill switch my right arm implant's Shining cluster. Thats It. After running the numbers thats all I need to do.

3. Ill spend more time at the reclaim when I encounter crats/traders in missions. Because there is NO way to resist the debuffs that they cast on you. (even with max nano resist skill, max implants, and good psychic /int. That or ill just park them in empty rooms and zone.

4. Ill probably end up paying less to traders for wrangles. Not sure about this one though. They're a stingy lot. Guess it goes with the class. Its in character at least.

BTW its Tashanya. I goofed typing the "Tanshanya" in creating this account and am not sure how to fix it.

It is true that lower level characters can get maximum level equipment, but one point that is not addressed in your thinking is this:

What are you going to do once you have become the best you can be?

Once you can wear QL200, there is nothing left to strive for. You can get more hitpoints or something, but you aren't going to get tougher. I think THAT is the problem that FC is trying to address with OE as much as the problem of overequipping.

Question excuse me but why crats?

traders i can understand but crats?

why?

please tell me my main gets super powerfull later on haha.

do you refer to the roots/dd combo?

You know i was going to say when i saw the title of the thread that you should make a more informative title. Then i read it and realized that the title was perfect a long post about absolutely nothing. I want my 5 minutes back.

All i see is a combination brag/newb comments. Thanks for telling everyone what they already know.

One more question. have you ever used AOMD??? from your comments it would appear you haven't.
    Member of the "I tried SWG and I am still kicking myself for it" club