Thread: For the love of god, FIX BROKEN SHORES!

Angry For the love of god, FIX BROKEN SHORES!

Funcom:

Since you decided to nerf spawn rates and turn high lvl hunting areas into 25% zones, please do something to fix Broken Shores. It gets worse every week. You get a group and when you try to goto the mission, chances are that you or someone in your team is gonna LD. Then you wait for them to come back and sometimes they get stuck in an LD loop that lasts for 20-30 mins. This is crap. If your gonna force us higher lvls to run missions in Broken Shores, then at least fix it.

Two ways you could make it better:

1. Increase BS bandwidth to ease the lag
    2. Put a grid or whompa out in The Longest Road by Bliss so people have another place to goto. I get lots of high lvl Longest Road missions, but nobody ever wants to go there because taking missions in BS is easier.

Please post your suggestions and bump this thread to maybe get FC's attention!
    Killrmeta
    Veteran of Synergy Factor
    lvl 220!!!!11one MP Diety - Player since 2001

YES, fix the problems that are obviously up with BS. And for chrissakes, give us a map of the area

DrCam - not going near BS again until they fix the problems

Just take missions to other zones. There are other places that dont require 20 minutes of travel and give bigger mission layouts. I gave up on BS about 20 levels ago. Nothing but smelly omni snobs there anyway.

problem is, so many people hang out in BS its hard to get a group anywhere else
    Killrmeta

Broken Shores

Hi - I have been through the Whompa from Old Athen to Broken Shores 3 or 4 times, but I have never run into another player there. I assume that there is another place where folks hang out looking to group. Where is that ?

City of Home in Broken Shores, reachable through the "Broken Shores" exit of the grid on the second level.
    Testlive addict.

Yeah, and prepare to wait for a minute till you can move again once you venture into the city.

LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAG
    Killrmeta

bump
    Killrmeta

I vote for the grid in Bliss thing. That would also make it easier on us above level 50 who havn't been graced with a yalm...

i really should smack you. first off there is plenty of band with to BS... you computer just sucks. at the hiest peek time i still pull 10 fps in BS...
    Level 132 Nano-Techniction <---- Retired till NT fix
    Level 72. Engineer <---- why is my pet running the wrong way?
    Level 69. Agent <---- Retired sence Concealment Nerf.
    Level 58. Adventure <---- TONS of lost ip.
    Level 41. Meta.<--- Mp's are too uber.
    Level 30. Enforcer <---- press "Q" and watch tv.
    Level 29. Doc <---- Can't..... Find.... Group.....

Quote of the week "When people complain equally about all of the classes, then the game is balanced."

Originally posted by Lozer
    i really should smack you. first off there is plenty of band with to BS... you computer just sucks. at the hiest peek time i still pull 10 fps in BS...
    ROFL, how the hell would you know my computer sucks? First of all, server bandwidth has no affect on your FPS. Secondly, READ THE DAMN POST BEFORE YOU FLAME! I was referring to people in your team constantly LDing. Constant LDs aren't a result of having a bad computer. LD (link dead) is caused by connection issues, which means either a slow connection or a bogged down server. Jeez, you have proved to everyone here how stupid you are by making that idiotic post....good job!

Oh, and by the way my computer doesn't suck. Unless you consider an AthlonXP1900 with 512MB DDR RAM, Geforce3, and a 1.5mbps DSL connection sucky.

Know what you are talking about before you make stupid posts.
    Killrmeta

It's not that easy...

When you get LD in home, and try to log back in, you notice the client loads everything in 200 meters range.
    Even if you set "View distance" to zero, and "show characters" to zero meters, you still have to load the whole town and probably all players.

I fear it's a graphic engine problem, and yes, even with decent computers, it's unplayable there.

first off ther go LD becase they crash becase there computer sucks. i have gone LD about 6 times in BS EVER! i rarly lag. your connection has noting to do with it.... or even the band with to the server .... face it dude your comptuer sucks. and if you still dont beleave me whell damn your stupied and your computer sucks.

for all those who have trouble in BS here are some simple steps to minimis the likly hood that you crash (go ld for those who dont know)

1. dont go to bs less you have to.
    2. lower your view distance to 10-20%
    3. lower your caricter view distance to 10m
    4. move slower, let your computer catch up... if you have some insaing high run speed.. WALK not that hard.

the reasion why people go LD in bs is becase there client is trying to catch up with what is going on. in other words the client is receaving TOO MUCH info, and not the other way around like this thred is suggesting. move slow, take your time. or just stay out of BS. but what ever you do.... do complain aobut problems that do not egsist. if anyting you should be complaining that funcom made a client that cant handle it's own game.

Quote of the week "When people complain equally about all of the classes, then the game is balanced."

Re: It's not that easy...

Originally posted by Miriandel
    When you get LD in home, and try to log back in, you notice the client loads everything in 200 meters range.
    Even if you set "View distance" to zero, and "show characters" to zero meters, you still have to load the whole town and probably all players.

I fear it's a graphic engine problem, and yes, even with decent computers, it's unplayable there.
    yes there rendoring engine dose seem to have some probems when there is alot to rendor. and unfortunatly i dont think there is a computer out there that can turlly play this game well... but i am willint to bet REAL money with in the next year either funcom will re-deveilp there redoring engin OR the computer indistry comes out with a new setup that is better that a 4x AGP slot (witch is fairly slow and really out dated).

for those who are wondering what i have that is sooo great... it is not great. it is how i manage my comptuer that gives it the ability to hand even the lagest situatin (client lag not server lag).

1ghz prossisor
    geforce 3 ti 500
    780 megs of ram
    1.5 megabit connection
    mx 400 sound card.
    windows ME (gota fix that)

as you see my coputer is noting inpressive... it is how it is set up that makes it work so well. first off all the GFX funcitions that are not used in AO are turnd off... even though the clent dose not use certing fuctions the GFX card will still prosses the nessisary info. also i have disabled Vurtual memory (that is how i know there is no major client memory leeks) forcing everyting to run in phisical memory. the GFX card also has the ability to wright directly to the ram on the mother board. (not recomended) this is enabled. by alocating 125 megs of ram for extra texture memory for the GFX card and lowering the overall rendor quality you can effectively rase your frame rate with out acutally loosing much quality.

There are no more people in Home than there are in Tir Grid area or Omni Trade Grid area, but Home will cause my system to freeze for 60 seconds sometimes. It's the only place that I can get caught in a crash loop. It must have something to do with the number of polygons used on the building graphics.

Pentium 4 1700mhz
    256MB Rambus
    GeForce2 Ultra
    Cable Connection

i been to BS home when there was no one there and it was still like that. yes it is the buildings. lot more of em and alot more complex than anywhere else i have seen. the poly count is not that bad.... it is the amount of diffrent textures loadind around those polygons that i think is the problem.

I do agree that the complex buildings in BS greatly add to the lag. Getting a Geforce4 soon, so maybe it can do better than my Geforce3
    Killrmeta

dont get a geforce 4....... there kinda not worht it.... wate till the geforce 5 and the 8x agp mother boards THEN you will see a major preformenc change.

Originally posted by Lozer

so many idiots, so little ammo.
    Zack "Raik" Brumble - "Boom Hippie Bye Bye, the Raik is back!"

Ok just to put in my 2 cents worth. I recently upgraded my PC from a dual 550 PIII 512MB ram to a XP2000 1Gb ram. In both cases I have a DSL connection. Although my FPS has greatly increased and I no longer get mouse lag I have noticed looking at the actually data comming into my PC, it very rarely exceeds 3k a second no matter what zone I am in or what display setting I have.

This most obvious reason for this is that the game servers limit the connection speed regardless of the load. Due to the number of people online at any one time they would have to, and it is probably much easier to statically limit the connection speeds rather than dynamically adjust them as the load goes up and down.
    In less complex/populated areas things are fine and no one really notices, but once the amount of data increases due to more people in the area or more complex areas then things start to suck.