Thread: Official Press Release - Loons Inc.®

Official Press Release - Loons Inc.®

Press Release

THE LOONS BECOME A CORPORATION

Athens, Rubi-Ka - March, 25 29476 - In what can only be described as a bold maneuver, the Loons have incorporated and solidified their standing as a guild. The move was prompted when former Omni-Tek® employee Luxomatic was unceremoniously kidnapped by Omni Pol and put into prison based on mostly false charges involving embezzling and misappropriation of Omni-Tek® "resources." A transmission made by Luxomatic where he made a plea for rescue was answered by MrDall and his band of Clan mercenaries who bravely broke into the prison and whisked Luxomatic off to Athens. Rather than return to Omni-Tek® and be falsely labeled a criminal, Luxomatic decided to take on the hypercorporation as any Trader would - economically. This led to him joining together with MrDall's group as the sixth member and a corporation was born.

Loons Inc.®'s immediate plans are to go into head-to-head competition with Omni-Tek® Corporation in an effort to corner the beverage distribution market on Rubi-Ka. "Through our research, we know that there is a huge market for Fruitopia to the Clans and Zima to Omni-Tek® - and as a Trader, I'm just the guy to take full advantage of it" said Luxomatic. "MrDall is a true visionary and through our combined efforts, we will not only meet this goal, but I am certain that we will be able to expand into other markets as well. I understand that there is potential to sell warm milk to the Neutrals."

"Luxomatic is a bit fanatical and overzealous in his ambitions at times," stated MrDall, "but I believe that we made the right decision in breaking him out of prison. We plan to exploit him to his fullest potential."

About Loons Inc.®

Loons Inc.® is a Clan guild based in Athens, Rubi-Ka 1. Our goal is to control the supply of Zima and Frutopia for all the peoples of Rubi-Ka.

For more information, contact:

Luxomatic - Minister of Propaganda
    Loons Inc.®
    luxomatic@luxotronic.com
    Last edited by MrBoh; Mar 27th, 2002 at 22:46:04.
    MrBoh - Level 162 Trader

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."

-- One of the laws of computers and programming revealed. - Douglas Adams

NOO! Now I have someone far more organised than I to compete with! Oh wait.. theyre selling non alcoholic bevs.. whew... about lost me pub there!

OOC: This reminds me... Ive been meaning to suggest to Funcom that they should implement one of the few things I still like about EQ.... the ability for players to produce beverages. Its not a top priority of course, but it would be a nice addition and a logical one for those who wish to go into business selling them, since you would need to sell at a lower price than the shops to sell, but wouldnt make money because you are selling for less than you bought them with and you cant get them in the wild.
    Bliqz: "anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie"