Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: AFK message should be customizeable!!

Bump

Imagine! The usefulness of having an answering machine in AO when you are out on a smoke break or on a beer run!

*zing!*

*Bleeeeeem!*

Wow! It's just that amazing!
    "Rubi-Ka is my home, my life, and my office... who let these people in?" - Madaline "Deaddreamer" Fontanaro
    "If you cancel your account, can I have your stuff?"
    Date of registration 2001-06-29 00:11:50 UTC
    Account status Open
    Next billing 2002-08-04

Now, who's the newbie here?

For the MMORPG Elitists:
    • Explorer:80%
    • Socializer:66%
    • Achiever:33%
    • Killer:20%

Hehe, popular request. I'll pitch it to the designers.
    Earn free game time and play with your friends[/b]

Anarchy Online Community Representative

Originally posted by Cosmik
    Hehe, popular request. I'll pitch it to the designers.

Cool
    I AM Kantarell I AM Mbutu
    Techno-Wizard is the most fun to play!

Actually, I was kinda suprised when I first started playing this feature wan't already in place... I mean, it just makes so much sense, ya know? So..... bump.

AFK

Just so it doesn't get forgotten
    "Rubi-Ka is my home, my life, and my office... who let these people in?" - Madaline "Deaddreamer" Fontanaro
    Account status Open
    Next billing 2002-08-04

For the MMORPG Elitists:

Cozmik i dont believe you anymore anyways, everthing that you said to show the designers died and never anything happend so better dont make any little promises. And Cozmik why are you showing your designer something that is a basic function ?? They could have implemented this function since a long time, there is no mastermind needed to come on the /afk reply message Function..... you must either think we are all comepletly retarded or you really have not one person in funcom that havent got this idea before, and that would be a pain if the 2nd case is true..

Garzu, this thing is implemented in Everquest since 2 years.
    This is the most logical and basic function for /afk and should be in the game since release. This once more shows me how small Funcoms thinking is....

They are even to incompetent to steal ideas from other games which would be implemented in a few hours of programming work.

Loot > Auto_Alpha loot and Auto Cash share in example. Not even this Funcom gets done... not even this..... just forget it.

i am sure this Basic function will come with the expansion and they will be called "AWESOME NEW FEATURES !!"

> features that should be in since start will be sold as improvements.

i give a damn about this when i see it.....
    Last edited by Starboat; May 7th, 2002 at 14:53:12.

Originally posted by Axyrn
    Cozmik i dont believe you anymore anyways, everthing that you said to show the designers died and never anything happend so better dont make any little promises
    i give a damn about this when i see it.....
    Thank you for the constructive and supportive input. The newest patch hasn't even been released and you are already being completely negative.

Thanks for the bump, though.

Account status Open
    Next billing 2002-08-04

For the MMORPG Elitists:

Exclamation

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but while /afk, I would like the /tells I receive while afk to be logged. When I get back, I can type /afk (to turn afk off) and read all my messages.

I would also like to be able to scroll back a *lot* farther in the chat window than is currently possible. That way, if my messages aren't getting logged, I can scroll back 50 pages to see if I received any /tells instead of missing them alltogether which is what's happening now.

Regards,

--Tsk

Originally posted by Tsk
    Not sure if this has been posted yet, but while /afk, I would like the /tells I receive while afk to be logged. When I get back, I can type /afk (to turn afk off) and read all my messages.

I would also like to be able to scroll back a *lot* farther in the chat window than is currently possible. That way, if my messages aren't getting logged, I can scroll back 50 pages to see if I received any /tells instead of missing them alltogether which is what's happening now.
    Not to burst your bubble, but I think one of the things that was being bounced around here (don't know if it was passed to the Dev's or anything) but there was talk about specifying new chat windows based on the channel. I for one would love to have a separate [Team] windows from actual combat, so I can see when a good time is to run screaming.

But I want /afk messages too.
    Account status Open
    Next billing 2002-08-04

For the MMORPG Elitists:

Cool

That's cool. I just recently found this Suggestions forum and I'm all over it Admittedly I have not read every post/thread in it as I often do in many of the other forums in my all-too-busy days at work.

I imagine you mean 1 chat window for /tells, 1 chat window for combat, 1 chat window for guild chat, etc etc..? If that's what you're referring to, great idea.

Regards,

--Tsk

Originally posted by Tsk
    That's cool. I just recently found this Suggestions forum and I'm all over it Admittedly I have not read every post/thread in it as I often do in many of the other forums in my all-too-busy days at work.
    I got plenty of time to dink around on the forums here, so I get a bit of time to catch up on issues, come up with ideas, flame trollers, etc.

I only slapped around on the forums for a few months during beta.. but I remember seeing it somewhere.

Originally posted by Tsk
    I imagine you mean 1 chat window for /tells, 1 chat window for combat, 1 chat window for guild chat, etc etc..? If that's what you're referring to, great idea.
    Pin-pon! Exactly that.
    Account status Open
    Next billing 2002-08-04

For the MMORPG Elitists:

Real or Memorex? Today's bump

Account status Open
    Next billing 2002-08-04

For the MMORPG Elitists:

Hope they will do this stuff
    NT phone HOME!!

Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee tooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
    Account status Open
    Next billing 2002-08-04

For the MMORPG Elitists:

Yup

I like it.
    /DaveDread (D.A.V.E.D.R.E.A.D.: Digital Artificial Violence and Exploration Device/Replicant Engineered for Assassination and Destruction mohahaha)

200 Opifex Clanner Gimp - Dinged in Style! (dimached a Virulent Minibull) Finally got my head straight, nothing like a goat helmet to get you in shape again. Oh, and those marks on my forehead (yah, still visible through the helmet, duh)... It was a Motorcycle baby. Really. Ran me over in West Athens while I was working on my tan. Think I look bad? You should see the biker.

This was put in a year in to EQs release so..... its about time FC got on the ball!!!!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast