Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: (_o_)

I turned sound off. Haven't had any crash loops yet but have been doing missions in avalon to avoid BS. I do still crash frequently when moving into very crowded areas. It seems to be more related to things not getting released from RAM. Often times after the crash if I open task manager I'll see about 30MB of avail out of 1gig or so. It releases pretty fast with XP after a crash, much better than 2k. If I try to launch right after a crash the client instantly crashes with video buffer error.

I think the problem is with the loading of all the textures. You'd think they could be better indexed or buffered and purged. I still think a "show BY undies only" feature would really help as at least a temp fix.

Re: Re: hahahahaha

Originally posted by xenomorph

Well actually I don't waste my time on the boards any more because it is full of idiots, hell I hardly play the game anymore. I got bored today and saw your little replies and had to laugh, have fun playing a broken game.
    The point of my post was that you took the time to flame someone who hadn't even done anything wrong. Sure, he/she was trying to help. He/she was saying 'this is the kind of machine I run, and I don't have a problem'. He/she didn't say 'ultra1, you are a noob, I don't have any problems with the game so if you do you suxxor'...he/she just made a simple statement that was decidedly non-inflamatory. People on these forums have a nasty tendency to snap at others and be rude for no reason.

I doubt that Gaute was going to read Q's post and use it as an example of how the game is perfect as it is.

It was just an inconsequential post from a new player trying to be helpful in whatever way they could. <shrug>

This is not a flame.

Originally posted by ULTRA1
    I turned sound off. Haven't had any crash loops yet but have been doing missions in avalon to avoid BS. I do still crash frequently when moving into very crowded areas. It seems to be more related to things not getting released from RAM. Often times after the crash if I open task manager I'll see about 30MB of avail out of 1gig or so. It releases pretty fast with XP after a crash, much better than 2k. If I try to launch right after a crash the client instantly crashes with video buffer error.

I think the problem is with the loading of all the textures. You'd think they could be better indexed or buffered and purged. I still think a "show BY undies only" feature would really help as at least a temp fix.
    I'm not so sure that it's a ram problem. On the systems I've played AO on, they have had anywhere from 128mb of ram to 1 gb of ram, and the performance on both was similar, although the machines with a smaller amount of ram took a lot longer to zone, and a LOT longer to get past the slow-framerate hell of entering a crowded area. On all machines I've tried it on, AO's processes expand to fill all available ram when running, but that's not that odd really. Quite a few of the games I have do that. (After all, that's what all that extra ram is for. :))

The old memory leak would cause the client not to stop filling ram after a crash until it locked/hosed your system and forced a reboot, but they fixed that quite a while ago as far as I can tell...

griemdaall

Originally posted by Thunk

I guess I don't see what help he was attempting to provide. He offered a contrary perspective on a subject of which he admittedly has no knowledge.

I for one am open to any suggestions on how to fix the problems but I just don't think reverting back to win98 and dialup is the answer. It certainly wasn't the answer when i ran that configuration last month.
    As Thunk stated soooo clearly before, which I'm glad to see someone understoud my point

I am just sick of people who know nothing of the game try to state something can't be wrong just because they don't exprience it.

We get this alot with lvl 20 chrs saying that some game mech is working when you don't see it broken until lvl 80.For example Humanity extractor from supieor and above they are supposed to last 45 mins and they only last 30mins, a noob will say nothing is wrong with it but if you ask any NT 80+ they will tell you the buggs with it. Because of people that know nothing argue with the vets we don't get anything fixed because Funcom looks and see's well so and so says it works.

Just to show I do try and help out you can take a look at my post on this thread

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=18639

Yes I will admit I shouldn't of been so harsh but I have had my fair share of fights with noobies on the boards that something needs to be fixed and they clam it isn't broke, so it has turned me alittle bitter towards them, when they post they don't see what we are complaining about.
    My small army on rbk2

NT
    Got Nullity Sphere?

Crat

trader
    <--flavor of the month

I See you!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123