Thread: Make Dual Weilding its own special attack

Make Dual Weilding its own special attack

dual weilding only provides a very small marginal increase in damage compared to the amount of ip invested (partly due to low damage of dual weildable weapons)

Dual weild should also function as a special attack at least equivlant to a 2x damage hit (doulbe strike) with a recharge rate on par with burst/fa etc.

The attack chance would be based on the dual weilding skill of the user and only usable if the user meets the dual weilding requirments of BOTH weapons (not just the offhand etc)

This would vastly help out those professions which commonly dual weild weapons and help them compete with those who use high damage 2h weapons

one sentance . USE home defenders

im for a double shot special attack that charges like burst, dueling gammas i could dig it.

Melbringi 90 Clan Fixer RK2

Talking

One sentence:

Drop home defenders (ql200 = 1700 MR, I'll be damned if they hit more than 30% faster, dual weild is so screwed up its not funny) and use an Ithaca. Keep ranged init up, and get a lowlight scope that brings it down to near 0, at full agg you will be shooting at capped speed this way AND have a very nice crit/range bonus. Plus it takes care of most of the aimed requirement, you'll only use it for pvp unless you're an agent.

Oops, that was more than one...nothing is ever that simple anyways.

Re: Make Dual Weilding its own special attack

Originally posted by Oberon
    dual weilding only provides a very small marginal increase in damage compared to the amount of ip invested (partly due to low damage of dual weildable weapons)

Dual weild should also function as a special attack at least equivlant to a 2x damage hit (doulbe strike) with a recharge rate on par with burst/fa etc.

The attack chance would be based on the dual weilding skill of the user and only usable if the user meets the dual weilding requirments of BOTH weapons (not just the offhand etc)

This would vastly help out those professions which commonly dual weild weapons and help them compete with those who use high damage 2h weapons

Maybe you should do the math on dual weildable weapons before you start spouting off that they dont do competitive damages.

Re: Re: Make Dual Weilding its own special attack

Originally posted by Lucid Flow

Maybe you should do the math on dual weildable weapons before you start spouting off that they dont do competitive damages.

Sigh lowbies.

I said their increase is only marginable for the amount of additional IP INVESTED.

IP's are always tight till 170ish if you want to be effective. Having to raise 3 dark blue skills to weild a weapon while some deal one uber weapon (cough shotguns) isn't exactly balanced.

Word of advice. Dont try act tough and shoot down an idea without thinking about it. Making an unconstructive negative response is insulting to the intelligence of the readers here and only leads to further conflict as is the human nature. Maybe when you level up and any of your characters in your organization actually turn green to me your replies will be more constructive.

maybe they just need to reduce dual wield reqs.

i didn't pay too much attention to dual reqs before they got 'fixed', but they are way out of control now.

Dual wield needs to be waaaaaaaaay lowered on some guns, on others it is okay...

(As for SA Defenders... I prefer to fire radiated slugs... )

Dual Wield

Heres a crazy idea that just might work, make dual wields buffable.

Come on FC, I know you wanna do it.

General Nanos
    Multi. Melee Expertise & Proficiency
    Multi. Ranged Expertise & Proficiency

Adv. Nanos (They need something)
    Maybe A Dual Mastery Nano (+50)

All im saying is that Adventurers need something, and dual wields should be buffable.

Thanks for your time

/me has left the building.
    Last edited by Jerrak; Apr 3rd, 2002 at 15:59:25.

Re: Re: Re: Make Dual Weilding its own special attack

Originally posted by Oberon
    Sigh lowbies.

I said their increase is only marginable for the amount of additional IP INVESTED.

IP's are always tight till 170ish if you want to be effective. Having to raise 3 dark blue skills to weild a weapon while some deal one uber weapon (cough shotguns) isn't exactly balanced.

Word of advice. Dont try act tough and shoot down an idea without thinking about it. Making an unconstructive negative response is insulting to the intelligence of the readers here and only leads to further conflict as is the human nature. Maybe when you level up and any of your characters in your organization actually turn green to me your replies will be more constructive.

Ha. So the fact that the characters I have listed are so low that automatically I have no concept on this this game works? Is that it? You tell me not to act tough and shoot down and idea. What you are doing is saying because you have an endless amount of time on your hands to play for days at a time straight, you are somehow "better" then I am because I don't have a level 170 character.

That means nothing. I simply don't have the time to play. This game isn't my number once concern in my life. That doesn't make me any less knowledgable about how the game works, let alone how simple math works.

Don't ever sigh lowbie me again. Or rather I just won't even read what you have to say. I'de rather ignore an idiot who thinks he is better then I am because he has more time to play then try to input some logic into his void of a brain.

if you want to ignore my posts all the better.

Id rather have someone who posts constructively than someone who posts at all.

I could go into a war of words but I am above that.

So does anyone have any constructive understandable comments and not the dribble that improperly nicknamed people have posted in this area?

IMHO the dual wield requirements are insanely high ever since FunCom raised them during the FreedomArms nerf.
    Last edited by LostLogic; Apr 3rd, 2002 at 17:50:13.

Dual wield a special ? Interesting.

I would be happier, if they allow us to use specials on both main hand and offhand, and have separate timers for them. This would make the IPs for Multi-RorMM really worthwhile.