Thread: Making money fairly in the game

Making money fairly in the game

I am always poor and I am level 66. I dont believe in begging because that ruins the game for others.

Can someone tell me a good legitimate way to make credits in the game other than doing credit missions. By legitimate I mean without buying credits from a auction site, without begging or taking advantage of other players, or creating a scam.

I know some people use Bio thingies to make blood plasma, but I have tried that and it is not efficient (nor is my skill level to do so).
    I am an engineer so I have tried making weapons, but there is so many instruction manuals to choose from that I ended up loosing thousands making a sleek blaster.
    I might try making rings, but I cannot find a good place to get the Rubi-Ka rubys.

Some people my level manage to keep their nano's up to date, and get a Yalmaha (which is the reasons why I want ideas).

When I ask them how, they tell me they bought it, but will not divulge how they made the money. Some say that their guild lent them the money.

Is there a loan system within the game I have not discovered, where u have so long to pay back the loan. Or insurance services?

Please please spill some beans to help characters like me who are level 66 but cannot progress because we only have 10k.

Hope someone can give me ideas!

Well the way i make my money is ussaly thru missions, Selling items and such. (Items which i get from missions) Other then that iam not sure i can help you very much, Ohh and the Yalmaha iam sure you will find one in a mission since the spwan rate on it has incresed i think. I ussaly do blitz mission max out hard and run like hell through it and hopefully find the item before i die. I get around 50-60k per mission doing that. Iam a lvl 61 enf btw.

Well i cant help you more,

Star out
    ----== Omni Tek ==----
    Adventure -
    Enforcer -
    Here I was minding my own buissnes and you people have to freak out on me...
    Now Sign my Petition Damit

I have said in the past that making a million in this game below lvl 100 was impossible, at least not without help.

Well i was wayyyyyyyy wrong.
    Last night i was gettin board from runnin missions and decided to clean my inventory out. Now mind you in 50 lvls i maybe only sold really usless stuff(hardley ever weapons or cool looking items).
    After spending about an hour and a half in omni 1 ent I walked away with 1.2m on top of the 230k i already had in bank. Ummmm can you say dammmmmmmmmmm.

Guys to all that i ever said were cheating or exploiting to get that kinda cash, I am sorry.

Altthough what some lvl 10 and 20 toons were offering for cushions and some armor i would still beleive that alot of people do cheat to get it. But then again i will be doing it again in a week....So cheat away...lmao

Ohhh and mind ya this so far in my one night of being a Rubi ka salesman i learned low quality cushions, Omni med suits, and any type of Omni pole armor(mostley the recruit and elite) is like gold and really easy to get in missions(even without blitzing).

The trick is to check all the mission terminals in various locations to find the termianls that offer missions with the best credit mission reward.

It is rather easy to get several thousand credits per mission at low level just as the mission reward. Selling loot to shops can usually net you a couple thousand on top of that per mission.

The slider that give the better mission are MAX Hidden, Stealth, Myst and Money. Leave the Good/Bad and Order/Chaos sliders alone (in the middle).

This gives three find item missions with a good credit rewards.

For low level Omni I suggest you try generating missions in Rome to Omni-1.

Blood Plasma

If you don't grind mob parts you are looking at losing a lot of potential income. QL 70 Blood Plasma pays about 6K each. Since I usually get them off of mutants who also tend to drop gems, rings, bracers and ore I also make jewelry. QL 70 gold rings with gems sell for 35K.

Another little tip is not to level too fast

I started doing grey missions, blitzing the mobs as fast as I could run (nearly ), taking three mission in same zone. lvld nearly as fast from chests and the occasional green. No expenses from med kits. Did get enough credits to do the lvl treadmill again. Oh and I sell all loot. Unless its something I can use (but because all stuff is 10 - 15 lvls below you, not much is useful!)

I also invested in break&entry, opening chests and doors in one try did cut frustration and enabled faster mission times.

My opinion - free of charge!

This is how it works

1. Get AOMD (nice mission tool, search the boards)
    2.Camp mission terminal for battle suit (should take about 10 times, hitting the request button and you get all the goodies on screen with AOMD + hearable alarm if you hit the jackpot)
    Est time. : 5 min
    3.Get to mission
    Est time : 5 min (that's walking and grid)
    4.Blitz mission (Use sliders to get a good blitz mission)
    Est. time : 5 min
    5.Sell battle suit to terminal
    Est time : 5 min
    6.Collect credits
    Est credits = 100000 for a lvl 67 battlesuit

Or

6.Sell battle suit on shopping channel
    Est credits = a bit more, takes longer

Other good things to blitz for Omni-pol elite, beams, mocham`s gift ...

Sell on shopping channel

So, you can make 100000 in 25 min. To do this you need your evades at a good level, a slamming HOT, a good HP buff, lots of speed ( ask a fixer, AND PAY HIM ). If you take a few in the same area, you'll make about 300, 400K in an hour.

Hope this helps

Eriban, the new Atrox doc ( You don`t have to Atrox to do this though )

Oh yeah, slider settings, don`t forget to put on open all the way,
    just play with it for the rest and you`ll see that you can get any type of mission that you want.

See ya.

I hit a total of over 1mil. creds (at one given time) pretty easily before lvl 50 w/ my adv. My advice is the same as the guy above me.

Get AOMD, and only do the eye-over-box full bad-full chaos-full money missions. When you do those missions, only do missions for stuff that you need or can sell high. Battle suits are excellent to sell (although I've noticed that they seem to appear less as mission rewards/pickups after recent patches). Also, get all of your armor from missions so that you don't have to waste credits buying them. After doing a lot of missions, you start to notice some patterns of where different size missions tend to spawn. For instance, I've gotten tons of very large brown cave missions in 4 holes, but most of the missions I've had to Galway County are the very small worm-mouth type.
    If you wanted to make a little extra blood plasma money too, you could take your chances and move the chaos slider a little over to order so that you get non-human mobs in the mission (however, I find that this usually just gives me robots in missions, which are a bazillion times harder to fight, and it also seems like human mobs are easier to fight than mutants too... so I don't recommend doing this).

Question Plasma

How exactly is plasma made?

Is it with a bio-communicator? If so, where is that bought? Is this something a level 20 could do?

Re: Plasma

Originally posted by TildenAntonini
    How exactly is plasma made?

Is it with a bio-communicator? If so, where is that bought? Is this something a level 20 could do?
    Use a bio-communicator on monster parts to make blood plasma. Same way implants are made (pick up bio-comm and Shift-right-click on monster parts).

The ability to convert a certain quality level of monster part into blood plasma is determined by *both* the QL of the bio-comm, and your Pharmaceutical skill. The bio-comm can be considerably lower level then the monster part, however. (A QL 20 bio-comm might work on up to QL 60 monster parts for example).

When you attempt to convert a monster part, it will tell you what is too low (your skill or the QL of the bio-comm) if any.

You can buy bio-comms in advanced and superior stores (not sure about basic stores), in I believe the "tools" machine (been awhile since I bought one). They aren't cheap, but you quickly make up the cost in converted blood plasma.
    Doctor Valen, Omni Medic
    Keeper Mezathras

Hmm...

Without Tradeskills being fully implemented, non-combat ways of making creds are limited.

1. Make implants.
    2. Sell buffs.
    3. Buy monster parts/convert to plasma.
    4. Make/sell items that can't be found in stores.
    5. Blitz missions for creds/items mentioned in 4.

I haven't played my Engineer enough to notice which of the above, if any, apply.

Someone else add to the list if you think of anything I missed.

The problem is, if the above list doesn't apply to your class, then doing missions for creds and loot is your only option. Fortunately for you, I have seen some Engineers that had a pet that could seriously tank.

I don't know how much they had to overequip to tank like that, but currently I think doing missions is going to be your best money maker.

As an example. I am a lvl 81 Adventurer. I was almost broke 3 lvls ago due to upgrading implants. Doing missions (some solo, some with one other person) with the sole purpose of gaining xp and occasionally getting an item I could use as a reward, I have well over 1 million creds from mission rewards, looting monsters and selling items found in chests.

Skara
    Last edited by Skara; Apr 3rd, 2002 at 23:47:59.

Just a note on the making of blood plasma. It can be quite an ip expensive skill to raise for a number of classes, but at the same time there are usually people willing to convert monster parts for free or small tips (they get small amounts of xp from converting them). If you yell out on the shopping channel that you've got some monster parts someone will probably offer to convert them for you.
    "When you tread the path of the demon make sure you follow it to the end."

Lightbulb

Ok, some of you have some good advices on how to make money, but I have to add some things here. (with danger of repeating someone)

1: Get AOMD. This is pri. 1. Im sorry if you have a dialup connection, e.g. a connection that does not use a Ethernet Network Card. Then you cannot use AOMD.

2: When you level past 60-70, Battle suits start to appear as reward OR find item quite often. Type in Battle Suit as search item in AOMD.

3: DO NOT BLITZ THOSE MISSIONS !!! Do them. Do the whole missions for christs sake. You will pick up (at level 80) Items and cash loot for ca. 200.000 in a pretty big mission. You will get a Battle Suit that you sell for 240.000. That is 540.000 credits. Sometimes you will find a rare item that you can sell for lots of credits. You will also get a Token and lots of XP. You can do harder missions next time and get even better loot and more cash. Blitzing missions for CREDITS is stupid if you ask me. It will get you some cash, but you will get MORE cash FASTER if you dont blitz them and level and get tokens at the same time ! I hope you get my point here.

4: On RK2 I would not pick up Elite armor. Its worth almost nothing there. On RK1 yes, but not RK2. Battle suits and Beams sell for a lot on RK2.

5. Yes ! Up your Pharma Tec skill. Convert monster parts. If you'r low on cash, go hunt some low monsters and farm those parts. Will get you a good deal of cash, however, doing missions for battle suits is much faster cash. Missions WITH monsters AND a Battle Suit as reward is super fast cash, since you will get parts, loot and the Battle Suit to sell.
    Last edited by Balderac; Apr 4th, 2002 at 21:23:06.

Cool Pharma Tech buffs

You can also be nice to a Trader or Engineer and get a buff to Pharma Tech. It wastes less time transferring the stuff and a tip is easy and appropriate. I think Philosopher's Stone gives +92 and trader buffs can be from +40 to +125. Plus the +20 general buff.

Question Creds

Engineress
    I may have missed it somewhere in these posts but I have one very important question for you that will decide the best way for you to make cash ...

What prof are you?

Macmoo - Engineer, BLA http://www.bronto-army.com

Post Monster Parts and conversion

If the QL of the bio-communitor is higher than the QL of the monster part, the QL of the resulting blood plasma will be 'pulled up' partway towards the QL of the bio-communitor.

If the QL of the bio-comm is lower than the QL of the monster part, the QL of the resulting blood plasma will be equal to the QL of the monster part.

Thus, if you have the cash to spare, invest in a QL125 bio-communitor. You'll earn the expense back in time.
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

Also try to get in a decent guild, not just for the money of course, guilds usualy have a system of handing out equipment to lower level guild members. Plus guilds allow you to get teams easier and get info/advice.