Thread: IP lost/unusable -- show stopper bug

Angry IP lost/unusable -- show stopper bug

Currently, I have a character that has lots of spare IP, but none of it can be used. Raising a skill works normally, except after clicking accept, the skill is unchanged and the IP hasn't been spent. Doesn't matter if I rezone, save the char, get more xp and try again, relog, etc. etc.. Basically, the character has been IP-blocked and can't raise skills anymore.

Also, my petitions have been ignored on this and I'm not the only one with IP allocation problems. One friend lost 40K IP. He went to try and use some of his spare IP and voila, it's all gone. Another lost 12K IP. GMs did respond to these and I witnessed one response, which was basically, "sorry, nothing I can do, live with it". Frankly, I don't even know why Funcom has GMs. I've had maybe 3 or 4 responses out of countless petitions and the only thing the GM ever does when one does show up is say, "I'm sorry, I can't help you".

This IP bug ammounts to character destruction and really needs to be addressed absolutely immediately. We need to hear a response in this thread stating a date for resolution and we need to have the resolution in game.

*Bump*

I agree, this just happened to me last night. Only 1 of the 3 skills I pumped IP into took and I lost the rest. This will be a game stopper if it continues. Sooner of later, we'll all be gimped.

What happened to you was a little different that what my character experienced. I didn't loose any IP, it was more as if the accept button was the same as the cancel button. Your bug is definitely far worse than mine, though. The only fix for yours is an IP reset. I still have my IP, I just can't spend it.

I had a similar problem a few days ago. I could raise a skill until all my IP was spent, but when I clicked "accept" and opened the skill panel again all these IP were back in the pool and the skill on the level it was before.

After trying it a couple of times I suddenly noticed that I was able to put more IP into my skill than I had in the pool! In fact, when I started to raise my skill I noticed that the amount of IP in the pool went up. This is obviously a bug.

Now, to solve my problem, I just raised my skill for the amount of IP I had in the pool when I opened the skill panel. That worked for me.

In the meantime the problem seems to have disappeared (maybe because I leveled a few times since then) but I will explicitly check for it again later today.
    Trinar, lvl. 50 bureaucrat on RK-2