Thread: The end of Jacelyn "Lem" Waldram

The end of Jacelyn "Lem" Waldram

BANG

Lem looked over, picking up the rat from the ground then looking at it. "Such disgusting creatures..." she said with a sigh, laying it on the ground then got out her fire-making equipment. Within moments, a small fire burned into the rat cooking it through. "My how far the right in the world has fallen..."

It began not so long ago, though the true beginning was far before it. After writing her report, trying to convince those of the dangers that was Jobe and SOL Banking, none seemed to care. None seemed to listen... well, that is not entirely true. Lem knew Zach "Eternalforce" Craddock had listened, and wanted her dead. Well, probably not dead at first but after escaping from him she was sure he did now. Leaning against the wall of the small abandoned office in the sewer she wondered if maybe she had been mistaken? Sure, all the truths she knew pointed to only one logical conclusion but what in Rubi-Ka *IS* logical?

Good question young one... for there is no logical conclusions to anything anywhere...

Lem jumped up drawing her twin revolvers. She turned right, left, back to her right. Nothing but darkness outside the light of her fire, the lights having shorted out long ago.

"Wha... what, who... show yourself!"

The path ahead only shows one absolute truth, that there is no absolute truth...

Lem raised the burn on the fire a bit, trying to extend the light made from it but still nothing moved from the shadows. "I said show yourself!"

I cannot show what does not exist...

Lem unloaded both her clips into the darkness, circling as she fired. A dark, sickening laugh filled the room. Continuing to circle she fired and fired, but still the laugh echoed and echoed. *click click* Lem stopped firing, then began to reload her pistols still looking around the darkness. The laugh had ceased, but she was not convinced she had hit anything but the walls of the room. "Who are you?"

I am a being looking for a home. But the laws of the dead have prevented me from finding one... till now...

"Now?" Lem held her loaded pistols up, though did not fire looking around the room.

You've made many a enemies... and no allies... you are all alone... but I can help you...

"You? Help me?" Lem tried to locate the voice, listening and not saying much. But the voice seemed to come from all around, maybe a word to the front and then the next behind, a sentance to the left then another to the right.

Yes Jacelyn. I have seen what you did. I know what you fear. The time has come for you to stop running. The time has come for you to stop hiding. The time has come for you to reclaim that which you recently lost...

"I have lost nothing!" Lem began to feel anger and hatred towards the voice's words, but as much as she tried not to listen the words came through clearer and clearer. It was right.

Don't lie to yourself Jacelyn. You once had it all, then you were betrayed. First by the people who you had trusted for years, then by the corporation itself. Yet, you can do nothing in return. If you were to venture outside these walls then you would be found, captured maybe killed, for only reporting what you know of the truth. Whether it is true or not does not matter, what matters is your words have been silenced. Your love to write, your first-true love, has been lost... Lem put away her pistols, a tear coming to her eye as the voice spoke. It seemed to her that this so-called being could see into her very heart, and it hurt. ... but I can help you young Jacelyn. I have powers inside that you can bring out. I have the ability to change you, give you a guise that none could penetrate. You will be able to walk around once again and continue to write, but without the pressures you faced. And once you learn to bring out yourself to the fullest, then you can seek revenge on those whom wronged you.

"You say alot, but what is your price?"

My price? Young Jacelyn, I thought you were smarter than that. With me inside you, I will be you. You will be me. There will be no 'I' but 'We'. This is the price. But it is better than being no one at all, is it not?

Lem considered the words. The voice had truth in it's words, but how could she trust such a force? It sounded like Loria, but it was no Loria. Is that really a bad thing though? By herself, she was limited. With another... could I do more? Could... we... do more? "I hear you. Though I do not know what the future may hold, I have no personal future besides being an outcast living off these rats."

Rats... amazing coincidence... since you have been trapped like a rat in a cage.

"I will agree, as long as I still have control. I will submit to you at times, but I must always have the ability to assume the functions of my body and mind."

We are agreed then.

"Do you have a name, being?"

You may call me Lume.

"Lume?"

It means darkness in an old language lost to time.

"Then do what you must do Lume."

The clothes of Lem dropped to the floor, her pistols falling as well to the ground. The fire burned but none saw it's light. Within a blink of an eye, Lem had disappeared from all traces of existence.
    Ylemae (6-10? years old):
    "Lemmy" (True name: Jiselle Waldram)
    Jennifer Matusz - Daughter to Don "Doncarnage" Matusz

Chelle "Crysallys" Dinnen (14 years old)
    Hayley Dinnen's Daughter
    Growth Accelerated as a Baby
    Born Dec 25, 29476 RST
    Trainee in Vector Blue

A time long-lost. That to which we attribute now to fantasy. Strange, is it not? What once we called Science-Fiction is now reality with the Atani stepping into the stars, now settling on Rubi-Ka for their precious tinco, Notum? They attribute that to which they do not know as myth and legend, forgetting about it hoping... it never re-surfaces.

How quick they have forgotten us, the Quendi? Elenillor pella, from beyond the stars... we have always been the ones to guide, the guardians of the World. Human ambition is amazing. They shove us aside to restart as their own. Their age is one of war, death, pain, suffering... so much that no family is left un-touched by their need to be the dominant.

This one... She will be the Tindómerel. I have taken her in to my being. I will once again, through her, show the humans the light. Light cannot exist without shadow, I will be her shadow and she will be the light. It is almost time for a new beginning... do not fear, it is almost time...
    Ylemae (6-10? years old):
    "Lemmy" (True name: Jiselle Waldram)
    Jennifer Matusz - Daughter to Don "Doncarnage" Matusz

Chelle "Crysallys" Dinnen (14 years old)
    Hayley Dinnen's Daughter
    Growth Accelerated as a Baby
    Born Dec 25, 29476 RST
    Trainee in Vector Blue