I originally created a bio for my clan guild and then saw this forum. So as the forum description suggests I am adding my character's personal bio. Comments are always welcome. Happy reading!

Elizabet "Xtasey" Cicali
Bio - Part I

Xtasey was born on a small scientific colony in the New Germania System, however, while still a baby, Xtasey's parents decided to leave their home planet in search of greener pastures. Boris "Xtemus" Cicali, Xtasey's father, accepted a position as a notum extraction engineer with the mighty Omni-Tek Corporation. Coming from a system primarily populated by Solitus, the Cicali family found some solace on Rubi-Ka, a world populated with a rich diversity of all breeds. But Fate, in all its fickleness, would not be so kind, as the endless struggle between the clans and the corporation would come to have a major impact on the Cicali family's very lives.

Personal Log Excerpt: Boris Cicali, Senior Notum Extraction Engineer - Omni-Tek Corporation

I have decided to resign my position with Omni-Tek Corporation on the grounds of extreme grievance. My decision comes at a difficult time but the welfare of my family must come first. For the record I wish to state that the original contract ensured a respectable enumeration package and a safe domicile for my family. As it stands we have been put in a volatile and dangerous region of Rubi-Ka, with very poor working conditions, not to mention the feral wilderness that we now call home. 2H0 is simply put, not a place for children or even adults for that matter. My wife Juliana has given her support in this matter, as we are both in agreement that little Elizabet needs a better place in which to live. The complexity of this matter is not merely relegated to a matter of breach of contract and an unhappy employee; there is much more…

I speak about certain information that I have become all too aware of that is truly the crux of my resignation. The facility where I ply my skills is run by a small oppressive group of individuals whose objectives are, to say the least, questionable and more than just a desire to increase “productivity” for Omni-Tek. The mandates and directives communicated to the staff blatantly do not align with published company policy and this has led to a great deal of consternation on my part. Attempts to discuss this openly have been defended with the skewed logic that the nature of this facility and its importance allows for a more “autonomous” management. Most of the other employees took this manipulative drivel on board but I knew better and when I pressed the issue further I was given a “warning letter” stating insubordination could cost me any chance at career advancement and in the worst case termination of contract. A rather moot point now seeing as I have decided to leave of my own volition.

Moreover, I have documented and tracked the movements and activities of certain key corrupt company officials running this outpost. As a parting gesture I am submitting my findings to the offices of Phillip Ross himself, in the hope it will foster a greater understanding of the plight of individuals and their families in these seemingly "forgotten" communities.

10 years later….

Living in the confines of an orphanage, in the neutral city of Newland, had never suited the young nano Xtasey, so when the opportunity presented itself, she escaped into the unforgiving landscape of Rubi-Ka with a small band of malcontent adolescents. Fate, this time around, came in the benevolent form of an old Atrox enforcer by the name of Maximus “Butch” Cassidi who, in the midst of an Omni-Tek and clan skirmish, rescued Xtasey from certain death at the hands of Omni-Tek soldiers in Stret West Bank. From there she was taken, barely alive to a secret clan base in Aegean where she was restored to health and incepted into the clan. Her innate talent with nano-technology was immediately recognized and fertilized by some of the clan’s finest nano-technicians.

Butch, showing a most unusual human paternal (or maternal?) characteristic for a unisex, remained ever close to Xtasey during her years of training at the base. The loss of her parents when she was just a small girl had left Xtasey hurt and angry, even though the events that had led her to the orphanage were fuzzy, distant and at best just a poignant and painful experience she had tried to forget. “Never trust anyone completely…”, words from her father, which still echoed in her mind, had become her basic tenet in life. But despite her untrusting nature, she loved old Butch implicitly. Ever since he had blasted the Omni soldier who was about to unload his remaining clip into her, and putting up with her thrashing and scratching him as he struggled to get her to safety, his brute stubbornness and simple minded wisdom had won her over. And he didn’t even know how she felt. The only endearment that even alluded to her affection for him was when she called him “Uncle Max”. Her wanderlust and grim ambition to find her parent's murderers ate away at her mind, day and night. Soon she would slip away, and leave these wonderful people that had spent so much time and energy in educating her and teaching her how to survive. "I will return one day, once I've had my vengeance", she swore to herself. Omni-Tek and all its foul fat cats would pay for what they had done to her parents and to her.

Xtasey looked over at Butch as he carefully replaced a targeting scope on his assault rifle; she knew she could not say goodbye, because nothing would stop him from following her. She knew would have to get away fast, because he would come looking for her, like an old mother grizzly bear, from ancient Earth, searching for its lost cub. Her throat tightened as she fought back tears and tried to maintain her well-practiced nonchalance when Butch looked over at her and grinned.
"Food, want?", he said in his deep atrox voice. His grin stayed there as he waited for her response.
Xtasey shook her head and smiled briefly at him, "No Uncle Max, thank you".
"Okay little X, food must eat some time though, keep you strong, you too skinny!", he burst out laughing and Xtasey let out a feigned laugh.
"I'll be right back Max", she said quickly and walked to a storage room and closed the door, the tears flowed freely now as she covered her mouth and struggled to quiet the sobs bursting from her chest. She knew what she had to do, but leaving Max was going to be hard. He had become the only person, other than her parents, that she trusted with her life. One night she had taken a sample of his DNA and encrypted a self-activating nano-communicator so only he would be able to see the message. Her plan was to slip it into his gun cleaning kit, where she knew the pedantic old atrox would find it. There were things in that message she had never told him about herself, all he knew was she had been an orphan in Newland, and not much more. But she owed Butch an explanation, and she hoped it would be enough to keep him from searching for her. She had promised to return, and she meant it.

That next morning 08:30 hours...

Elder Gerad walked down the cavernous corridor in the quarter’s section of the base. His footsteps echoed off the walls, a sound all too familiar in the underground Clan base. People he knew and worked with were starting to emerge from their living quarters. Many greeted him as they passed him, Gerad smiled and nodded at each one, exchanging brief pleasantries. All were heading to their respective duties, as was Elder Gerad, but today he had "felt" the need to visit young Elizabet, one of his finest students. He had never called her "Xtasey", like her other friends and teachers, he preferred the more proper first name, he admitted to a certain old fashioned way of doing things. The "feeling" carried a sense of urgency about it, and Gerad knew something was amiss, and though his psychic abilities were strong, his clairvoyance was failing him for some strange reason. Being a nano breed just like Xtasey, his gifts of intellect and mental prowess were phenomenal, but Xtasey shared these gifts and was quite adept at "shielding" herself when she so desired it. As he drew closer to her quarters, he passed by Butch's quarters, adjacent to Elizabet's. The door was open and he could hear Elizabet's voice inside. Well at least she was ok, and he knew the bond between her and Butch was strong. No one was better protected than Elizabet when he was around. Gerad liked the atrox, despite his brutish way of handling most things; though Gerad had sensed something deeper inside old Butch, intelligence unusual in atroxes.

Gerad brushed down his robes and walked towards Butch's door, he was about to press the notification bell, then his finger stopped, hovering over the button. Inside sat Butch on his knees, his gun disassembled and careful laid out in front of him, and a nano-communicator, activated and playing a message. The holographic image was that of Elizabet.

"...I am sorry, Uncle Max, but I have to do this, please don't follow me. I promise I will return, I just cannot say when. You have been like a father to me and I will not forget about you. I'll remember to use my calming NF on wild beasts when traveling in the wilderness and avoid confrontations, unless necessary, just like you taught me. Take care of yourself Uncle Max." Xtasey's image suddenly burst into a tiny light show of shimmering particles and then faded away.

Butch sat there still staring at the nano-communicator, his huge hands clasped tightly together, his massive shoulders shook as his head bowed down slowly, he stayed like that for a moment, eyes closed, and then he sighed deeply and turned to see Elder Clan Leader Gerad staring at him.

End of Part I