Thread: PVP conflict, but where?

PVP conflict, but where?

I've been reading about the constant and heated conflict
    between Omni and the Clans, that is supposedly happening
    in places like 2HO, 4Holes etc.

I've also read that bunch of people hang around whompas
    and grid exits waiting for poor victims to arrive.

So, sometime ago I decided to test this adrelanine raising
    sport myself. Now I've been using whompas and grid to
    visit these places quite regularily, but never found a fight.

I have omni lvl35 and lvl65 chars. Only once I even encountered
    a clan member, but he was WAY above my level. Another time
    I saw a high lvl Omni in his Yalm, apparently on his way to
    a mission. All the other times I've been running around in
    25% zones with me as the only PC

Have I been in a wrong place at a wrong time and am I of wrong level?
    - Where do people PVP?
    - At what time of day they PVP?
    - At what levels people PVP?
    - At what dimension they PVP?

Akkrat - Omni Agent on RK2

PvP happens on RK1 more often due to the fact they simply have more people. As for PvP action MMD on most nights will be jumping, and if not, it's fairly easy for an Omni to make it safely to the Tir arena.

2ho is usually dead for a few reasons, if you read the boards, you'll understand why a bit better.

Nobody I know of goes to 4 holes to PvP, same with most of the other 25% and under zones.

All levels PvP, just takes a while for them to show up.

Times when people show up for PvP is never consistant. If the word goes out over OCC, people usually show up, crack their knuckles, and get bloody.

I hear that Mort is a hopping place on RK1, but I'm entirely a RK2er. Your lower level will bumb into my MA sooner or later at MMD. You're Omni, so any honor I hold for the arena I toss out the window, and I advise you to do the same. I'll gank, heal who you're fighting, whatever. I expect you to do no less. Duels are matters of honor,and duels are for the arena. If I see an Omni that I can take down, I'm nailing it. If he's too strong I get backup. Honor has no place in war, even though this war lacks true battle fields.
    Perfection breeds weakness.

Obergeist-Burning bright, Above the head ghost

Mdgprogram-Fearful symmetry <---beat the every lovin' crap out of a level 60 soldier at 49

Stronger, better, faster, push it

The Troll Corps want you!tm
    General in the Troll Corps tm

Obergeist, whats your MA's name? On rk2 I'm working on my second rookie char, almost there too. On Sunday during that huge mmd raid I killed 25+ clanners, not sure if you were one of them.

Suupaslap 56 MA
    Suupaslap Master 10th Dan--Rk2
    Smugglerguy Ickle baby fixer--Rk2

Mdgprogram. I don't think you killed me, you tried whacking Mudkest, he was in wolf form at the time. Then I said what the hell kind of war were we in. You summed it up pretty nicely.

"It's the war of the gas."

I died a couple of times, but I had fun. In all honesty, I think everyone that was out there had fun.

All PvP battles should be like that.

Ganking wasn't even an issuse. Fairness? Who the hell would have wanted that? Hell, even engies got a couple of kills with all the ruckus going on. It was great. Chasing people to the Mort border, shouting out smack, brawl here, seeing fullautos go off there...

That was an event that surpassed anything FC could have done.

Personally, FC should just fix the f**king bugs in the game, twink game play, and let us muck up Rubi-ka and forge our planet.
    Last edited by Obergeist; Mar 27th, 2002 at 00:59:30.
    Perfection breeds weakness.

Obergeist-Burning bright, Above the head ghost

Mdgprogram-Fearful symmetry <---beat the every lovin' crap out of a level 60 soldier at 49

Stronger, better, faster, push it

The Troll Corps want you!tm
    General in the Troll Corps tm