Thread: A question for the lvl20 Super Twinks

A question for the lvl20 Super Twinks

I don't mean this as a flame, so please don't take it that way. I'm genuinely curious.

Anyone who PvP's see's the general variety of the lvls that PvP seriously. I never PvPd before lvl70 and that was just to get some practice in before I got to 75 where I'd be smashed by any high level that stepped into MMD. After doing some PvP a few days, you get the feel for the levels that those who really concentrate on PvP stick to. Lots of lvl20's, some lvl 68-74's and the 120+ crowd.

I originally didn't intend to PvP, but it got my interest after a while. Like I said earlier I practiced a little at lvls70-74 just to get a feel for it. After I decided that PvP was something I wanted to do, I wanted to be one of the 120+ pvpers, as it seems so much more complex and tactful. You know that at 120+ the people you are facing know what they are doing. In my little stint in PvP in my low 70's the skill level is not too bad, but you still run across people who don't have a clue. From what I've seen from the 20's PvPers is you have the super twinks and the noobs that are just curious. Ever now and then two of the twinks will face off, but for the most part its the twinks waiting around the arena for an unsuspecting new guy to walk up, thinking he may get lucky. In most of the PvP duels I've seen between lvl20ish, its 3-5 shots and the twinks buddies and him/her going "Woot! nice kill man!"

I really don't see the fun in that, I'm not trying to look down on the twinks, I just really want to know what you get out of that? That, to me, would seem to get really boring, really fast. My question is, what is it about lvl20 super twink PvP that holds your interest so well? I'm just curious.

Xeraseus
    Xeraseus

Why do I keep playing? *edit* disreguard, ditched this game *edit*

Why Can't Chown Save?

Biding my time until the time is right........

As a second time reroller (NOT a twink), I can perhaps give you some insight. The first toon I made was a soldier. Had a tough time with him, but I learned gameplay, teamwork, implanting, pulling etc. So... you can only do missions and hunting so long. I based my soldier to be a PvMer, and he won't be viable in PvP until he can weapon switch a 200 Nova and Flashpoint. Well, he can PvP now, but he'd get his arse handed to him in a fight by most any other profession.

So, just for kicks (couldn't get a group together with my soldier), I thought I'd roll up a lowbie. I transfered some credits, a few old NCUs and I was simply amazed how much better the game is once you have a handle of it from the start. I PvP quite a bit with him, the PvP scene can be very active on RK2 at times. Last Sunday, there was a huge brawl in 2ho, MMD, Rome and Omni-T. I was at both 2ho and MMD. When I gridded into 2ho, I was literally surrounded by about ten or so Omnis. I had time to grid, but a funny thing happened... I attacked. Not a slip of the finger, but a deliberate act. I knew I was going to lose against such a crowd, but I never really cared about titles, my xp and gear was saved...

On my opener, I hit brawl and my Bird of Prey. I saw a shout the enemy is here! I thought to myself I'm the only one, it doesn't matter... my targets hp was down and fading, there are about five hitting me now, so I heal, keep fighting, recharge is gone, heal again dimach, my target is nearly dead, I heal again, my target is healed, and I finally succumb to the rentless attack of ten or so Omnis.

Restore Esscence has nearly a seven second recharge which nano init will never get rid of. I healed three times, so I lasted for over twenty seconds. It took TEN Omnis to kill me in that amount of time, and I nearly killed the one I was hitting by myself. I never had a rush like that in any mission. To hear that one guy run around, scream like a chicken "Help me! Help me!" from my humble non twinked MA. If it was just me and him... I would have walked all over the guy.

I self equiped ql 30 implants at level 16, and was able to self buff into armor that's 15 qls higher then me without outside buffs. Twinking is alot of fun, and the best, most enjoyable thing of AO is, and will *hopefully* always be, is PvP. It's not something for everyone, but it's something that everyone SHOULD, and probably will do sometime in their AO game time. Hell, I usually get a tell, or talk with the PvP I lose/win against and say, "Great fight, close one" and such. You can also factor in titles as bragging rights, but simply PvP in AO is fun. But wining PvP is even better. =)

I still have my rants about PvP, but my thoughts are fairly typical.

*hint:Crits are bad in PvP
    Last edited by Obergeist; Mar 26th, 2002 at 07:12:15.
    Perfection breeds weakness.

Obergeist-Burning bright, Above the head ghost

Mdgprogram-Fearful symmetry <---beat the every lovin' crap out of a level 60 soldier at 49

Stronger, better, faster, push it

The Troll Corps want you!tm
    General in the Troll Corps tm

btw, most of the Twinks I know are sub 10 with ql 40 Vektors.

Mdgprogram-Fearful symmetry <---beat the every lovin' crap out of a level 60 soldier at 49

Exclamation

Anything is possible given time and understanding of game mechanics.

I have a very poor L57 character (well at least he WAS poor at the time I started Arinia). Arinia was started with 10000 credits from a friend. Yes, 10k. That's all.

I made all of her money myself, made implants, bought buffs, NCU, armor, weapons, all myself with money I earned from running missions at L9.

At L9 I was not a "supertwink" but I killed my fair share. I carried a Q42(?) hammer, blah blah, I'm not going to go into it.

Point being, I did it because I finally understood the game mechanics. I wanted to see what was possible, and how long it would take. My conclusion was that ANY new player that understands game mechanics can twink to their hearts' content, given enough patience to run missions and collect cash.

Whatever other people's reasons, it matters not, as 14.2 is looming on the horizon and is going to make low-level twinking almost a total pasttime.
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

Originally posted by Obergeist
    btw, most of the Twinks I know are sub 10 with ql 40 Vektors.
    ...don't insult twinks.

And besides, a QL 40 vektor at level 9 is bad.. QL 91 at level 12 (NOT EXPLOITED) is good though.
    ~Chris

Personally I just think there is some power trip that these people get when they throw around someone else like a rag doll or treat them like a leet in the training grounds.

I'd say at level 75+ though.. there is much more of a storyline reason for a level 200 to throw down a level 75... that coupled with a lack of things to do in the high level game.... Patch 14.2 should make things very interesting in PvP... although i feel sorry for crats, engies, and agents whose life will be a lot harder.

I went on a levelling spree just to avoid the patch hurting my equipment

I don't insult twinks.

As for the vek twink, he's a guy in my guild that quit way back in december before I started seeing all the low level twinks explode in number. Hell, he said that he could have done better, but it wouldn't have mattered a damn. He still had three shot kills on anyone that fought him.

As for you, Firstbuild I'm thinking of making a lowbie just to collect the 10k for the duel, and do that a couple of times to save myself some hassle off missions.

You have have too much time on your hands.

Originally posted by eleetist
    Personally I just think there is some power trip that these people get when they throw around someone else like a rag doll or treat them like a leet in the training grounds.
    I have to say, I agree with you. I just didn't want to say that, becuase I wanted to have someone reply without making the whole post one big flame.

Xeraseus
    Xeraseus

Why Can't Chown Save?

Originally posted by Xiauzon

I have to say, I agree with you. I just didn't want to say that, becuase I wanted to have someone reply without making the whole post one big flame.

Xeraseus
    Oh yeah I agree too. In fact, I think they are all either alts of high level characters (who are bored) or they are junior high kids coming home a long day of being stuffed into lockers and getting their hair pulled.

I made myself a "Twink killer" level 27 trader with all the good twinkie stuff. I stood in the arena for 1 day (with LMA, AC, and Reduced Inertia) and killed all the 20-35ish freshman, rookies... etc. Any "no title" that stepped into my range was spared unless of course they attacked me, then i would only get them to 10% hp and give them a chance to retreat. It was fun, but I only got to fight each twink 1 time. After 1 fight, they were always afraid of me It was an enlightening experiance, because i learned why NONE of them are apprentice or higher (You have to kill a TON of no titles to get just rookie, much less apprentice). Anyway I got bored, and leveled my trader undefeated.

Not all twinkers pvp...

My atrox fixer was twinked at lvl 25 with a q85 mausser, full q55 armor and q70 implants
    I twinked because I wanted to rush through the low lvls, and get a ****load of tokens ...and he does just that.

As said I dont pvp, dunno why... I guess I still find the rest of the game entertaining. When I get bored, maybe I will rule you all!!! hehe j/k
    ::Godkill - Forsaken Enforcer::
    :: Level 200 and rising ::
    "this letting atroxes get away with murderously stupid things simply by saying "<- trox" is a breed/prof advantage." - Thyrra

Id like to stand in defence of twinkers .. agreed twink vrs non twink = not much fun .. but twink vrs twink isnt just about the fight, its also about the way you have twinked yourself and your opponents twinking .. it does take alot of time and effort to effectivly twink yourself and to match wits against another twinker is as much fun as the kill itself.

I did actually twink out an enforcer yesterday .. lvl 15 , i was able to just squeeze in lvl 40 implants (probably could have put in lvl 50s with lots of implant stacking but it gets incredably complicated doing it that way) .. these cannot be bought in shops so i went out and hunted mobs till i had them all.

Hes not been defeated yet by another lvl 15 or under,probably change soon though i expect.

All twinking comes down to though is ncu...so traders/agents with....damn slef-buffed huge comp. lit. bonus....
    Supersoly lvl 220 Atrox Enforcer
    Fearthis lvl 200 Opi MA
    Tehsoly lvl 60 Atrox Enforcer

and a lvl 160+ sold...

Legion

Talking

people low lvl twink cause it's cheap to do easy to find equipment implants all store bought. i for one am for low lvl twinks
    see if you can create a better low lvl twink then any one is kinda cool ( i already did this on rk2,killakane undeafeated in his lvl 30 days ) now i am gonna make a little gimp twink to conquuer all the low lvl twink traders on rk1 muahaha or at least try. PVP is a very fun aspect in the game

Yeah, I can see the fun in low level twinking in that aspect, but from what I see, 90% of the time its not really people seeing if they can make a better twink than someone else, its seeing how many regular lvl20's they can slaughter. In the sense you're talking about, that would be totally respectable.

Xera
    Xeraseus

Why Can't Chown Save?