Thread: For the Love of All that is Good

Exclamation For the Love of All that is Good

Why must the most popular grouping areas, such as 20k and BS, be some of the most graphic intensive, small little clustered areas. I crashed while zoning into 20k over an hour ago, and still can get past the login symbol before it locks up again, and again, and again. Why not bring a comet down and wipe out everything but the save terms and the bank. Laggy POS. You want us to group, build something that can handle the people in the areas you force us to group in. I get accepted into a team, it takes me 2 minutes to answer a simple hello, because my mouse seems to not want to go where it needs to. Arg, @#$ lag sucks big, level the buildings or something, make the missions under ground.

Rule Number 1 of MMORPG's : Nobody wants to move very far from where its safe.

Lifestones, Scanners, portals, whatever it happens to be called in each game. If they die they want to be back in the action within a few minutes.

Its all about the xp/hour rate.
    Ye Olde and Original Founding is BACK !

Australian Timezone - RK1

They rearranged the Romes (Blue especially) because of this, back when they used to be croweded from people going to/from Galway Shire. But back then I never crashed in crowded areas. This was during the time of launch-hell, as well.

Now I never whompa into 20k from Trade -- I always ferry there from Harry's because if I crash from the whompa, I may have trouble logging in for a few minutes or HOURS. I get dropped to the desktop over and over again. Sometimes this happens in BS, but not to the same extent.

A little bit of advice for those having this same problem:

Maybe this is just a worthless voodoo ritual, but when I'm having the login trouble (happens when I log out in 20k like an idiot -- can't get back in), I tend to re-log in with ALL settings turned down. All textures turned to low (I run with max settings) and my screen resolution down to the lowest possible x 16. It might even be wise to turn view distance, etc. down, too. But I don't bother with that.

I think this helps me get back on faster, but again, it might be psychosomatic.
    Babette, Frenetic, Misophist, Yardleigh.
    "I am the queen of France!!!"

Rejected.
    Ah, L'Amour!
    Bitter Films

Hmm. When that happens to me, I pound on the keyboard, throw my wireless mouse across the room, and jump up and down until it's fixed.

Originally posted by Falcon
    Rule Number 1 of MMORPG's : Nobody wants to move very far from where its safe.

Lifestones, Scanners, portals, whatever it happens to be called in each game. If they die they want to be back in the action within a few minutes.

Its all about the xp/hour rate.
    Sounds reasonably like rule number 1 of life as well, most people never move far from safety...

Originally posted by cson
    Hmm. When that happens to me, I pound on the keyboard, throw my wireless mouse across the room, and jump up and down until it's fixed.
    That works, too.
    Babette, Frenetic, Misophist, Yardleigh.
    "I am the queen of France!!!"

Rejected.
    Ah, L'Amour!
    Bitter Films