Thread: Team members disappearing in missions

Angry Team members disappearing in missions

Recently, I've had the problem of while in a mission, your teammates will suddenly be invisible to you for no reason. This makes you unable to heal them or otherwise assist them, even if you can still talk to them. The fix is for one of you to zone.

I've noticed it happening a lot in the mission with the main corridor 6 branches layout, and in the cave mission with the big main room that has the fireplace in the back left corner you can walk through.

Has this happened to anyone else? Does FC know about it?

Thanks.

-A

yeah, the invisible bug is a known bug... by the players; don't know if it's known by funcom. It sucks.

It happens to my group all the time.

Easy fix for us has been to have the invisible person run off by himself out of range (where the color of their name in the group window changes to show they are out of range) and then come right back.

If the person that can't be seen logs out and back in, they'll show back up...

Sucks when you're pairing, since that resets your team level... of course, I don't know what that is anyway, but hey
    Nietya

Level 77 Clan fixer.

Trellame ought to be sainted or made a deity or something. I mean, seriously.

Making the invis member run away a bit and return usually fixes the problem, yes. Annoying it is though, as you can't cast any nanos on a player you can't see, even if they can see you and stand beside you.
    Amalia 'Ageny' Dorph
    Lvl 107 (Assassin)

Bump. Worthy of notice...

and the saying "Fix it. Fix it now."

Bumparoo
    Seid. Clan Nano Technician, Atlantean
    Proud member of Opposing Force ( Website )
    Seid's Hideout : Home of the Friends List Tool
    I would like to see a mail system in AO, for letters, money and goods, and with mail order !

This has happened to me to many times as well but am I the only one who's also actually lost pets for this bug? It manifests it self different ways - sometimes I can tab one but I can not see it or get it to report, sometimes I can not see one or tab it but I can get it to report (and the report tells me it's where my other pet is as well, which would be right next to me). It's very annoying and time wasting.

Yup

Happened to me and a friend only one time in a mission a couple of weeks ago. It was solved when I relogged and I think I posted a bug report for it.

Not new bug, still around, still happening...

...and probably will still be happening six months from now.

workaround is, as has been mentioned, run far away and then come back. just make sure you run far away down *known* corridors

bump
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)