Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Omni-Tek To Reclaim Rights To Jobe Portal

No good deed goes unpunished, and it was foolish for Lord Skallagrim to think that the courtesy of Jobe would go without its "just reward".

The gates of Jobe have been closed for this very reason: to the land-dwellers, our city is no more than a tool or weapon for their petty skirmish. We open this grand tool of research to all and already the dirty land-dwellers are trying use it to their own ends. It's a shame to see such a valuable asset to the knowledge of all mankind to be turned into a simple machination of war and prejudice. How long will it be before the fighting breaks out on the streets of the Great City?

And to Omni-Tek of Rubi-Ka, has Jobe not remained loyal to Omni-Tek, although we supposedly have "autonomy"? Is it not true that Jobe has provided more technology, civilian and military, than any other department in OTRK? Have not the Disciples, who have made our home in Omni, fought to defend OT from threats of terror and malice?

The people and city of Jobe owe nothing to Omni-Tek. Whatever funds were given to JAME were meant as a grant, and in kind Lord Skallagrim has permitted Omni to use the portal as they will, and of course, other factions from Rubi-Ka. Would they rather have no portal at all, or, one in which only pure-blooded Jobeans can use?

Clearly Omni-Tek's credits have facilitated JAME's research, but it was by Jobean minds and Jobean hands that the portal was constructed, and is therefore our gift to give as we see fit.

I have only this to say; take heed of who drew first blood on this..yet again we are shown the merciless violence brewing within OT employees the moment they smell profit to be made. Take heed......for this heritage, is as much ours as it is yours.....this heritage transcends the conflict of today...it goes beyond and so much deeper...do not try to upset the balance of things with your petty profit hunger...
    The money you claim to have funded this r&d with, came at the cost of clanner, neutral and omni blood alike...so please....do not mock what is clearly our common destiny...to seek the answers to our origin and our fate...in these lands unknown

Things are not what they seem.....that much is clear...
    Anthony "Cogs" McDuff
    Veteran, Cerberus
    220 Supreme Creator : Master of Wheels...the lingerie modeling robot!

Hmm.... this must be reason #248 to not be in a guild *writes it down* :P

...Cat begins to draw a picture in the sand with a twig...and stops and looks at it for a moment.
    "I wonder...if anyone would ever understand anyway..."
    Her friend stares in astonishment at the shape that has been scribed. "I...how did you know about this!?" He stammers.
    "Look," the young priestess replies, "I may have a lot of learning to do, and maybe more than most. I have not been here forever, after all. But still, some knowledge is not kept secret as much as some people would hope. Seems the ability to brag draws a lot of attention these days, and not even the knowledge itself, but the right to wield it is a source of power. Sadly, those who are selected to keep such secrets...well they need strength in that area I am afraid. I just listen, as much as I can. I don't ALWAYS run my mouth, silly...Remember, I am a dumb blonde, not a stupid one" she smirks.
    "I swear," he replies, "You may be too right, but I wonder if we have sabotaged our own efforts. I am afraid to ask how you found out, but it's probably a waste of time at this point. In fact, I probably know how you found out, rather who is responsible."
    "No, it isn't a waste. But you know me, I have said nothing...and while I can't know specifically who said this, as I really don't know, I think your plans can continue on schedule. I just want you to be careful. You know I want no part of this...It means little to me."
    "Well, it COULD mean something to you...grrr...you have never betrayed us, and you have never betrayed our enemies. I don't see how you have not been dragged into the middle...even though you have had pot-shots from both sides. I admire you Cat. So many have given in, it's hopeless, and you just seem to keep at it. You realize you are going to be in great, great danger one day."
    "Sigh, I have little to offer in my defense should that day come. Even our own numbers are dwindling, and a house divided against itself...well you know what's going on more than I do. I can't ask anyone to protect me either, it would be betraying them to the other side...same as always."
    He grumbles. "One day, you may be forced to make a choice, and then it will be too late. I just hope it is the right one, or that day never comes. But until then, you will be a target. Crap, I know you already know that...no one is going to leave you alone..."
    "Until that day comes, my work must continue, one person at a time..." she sighs, and begins to cry softly.
    "Augh, you stubborn, silly girl," he replies. "You are against everything we stand for, and yet we can't hate you, we dare not...yet you are more than a fly in our ointment. You are nothing but frustration, and yet we are forced to respect you. It's infuriating." A wry grin flashes across his face. "And still, I can't help but hope you never ever change..."
    They share a hug and he heads off...cursing to himself...
    "Not against everything..." she whispers, smiling...
    Last edited by Catalyste; Sep 1st, 2003 at 19:02:19.
    "Ignorance is the greatest evil we will ever face" . -Dr. James Cone, ca 1990 CE

Available for Weddings, Mediations, Treaties, Celebrations, and Hugs...
    Neutrals come join #neutrality on irc.funcom.com! Everyone welcome.
    Counseling available by appointment-Priestess Cathryn Ardman
    Cat's Closet

Favourite Chat Colours: 250 200 250, try it!
    I am an adventurer, of COURSE I like going camping! :P

“You ivory tower intellectuals must not lose touch with the world of industrial growth and hard currency. It is all very well and good to pursue these high-minded scientific theories, but research grants are expensive and you must justify your existence by providing not only knowledge, but concrete and profitable applications as well.”

CEO Nwabudike Morgan, head of the first planetary monopoly, author of “The Ethics of Greed”, spoke these words millennia ago. Today, his words still speak to us. Omni-Tek has paid for this technological breakthrough. It is only right that we see a financial return to our investment.

Before people begin to panic, let us remember that the Corporation does not wish to lay claim to the facilities themselves, we only wish to review the technology and it applications. This is only fair, as we have funded the development, and we seek only to reap the financial benefits of our investment.

Also, as an aside to the claims that our actions indicates a propensity to “merciless violence,” remember that it was a member of The Pilgrims Clan that first called for the portal to be secured by the Clans to protect it from Omni-Tek, when all we wished is to see the data, review it, and return it unharmed to the creators. If this is merciless violence, truly we live in an age of unparalleled atrocity.
    Marisha Durousseau, War Dominatrix of The Honored Maidens

Resources exist to be consumed. And consumed they will be, if not by this generation then by some future. By what right does this forgotten future seek to deny us our birthright?--CEO Nwabudike Morgan, "The Ethics of Greed"

Read Marisha's Journal, and see what she's doing

Darkthought stepped over the partially vaporized and cooked corpse of another clan marksman. The smell of ozone and burned flesh slipped through the air filtering that his nano armor helmet provided.
    His comm beeped and Darkthought decided now would be a good time for a break. He sat on the chair behind the desk of the recently liberated factory office. He looked down at the still steaming corpse of the Solitus and grinned.
    "That spot's going to remain radioactive for a while," he thought.
    His comm beeped again, and Darkthought pushed the activate button. A small screen appeared in front of his vision, and the news of Omni-Tek asserting control over the portal to the Shadowlands flashed over his hud.
    "Good. The source..." he thought, just as the sound of boots tromping in the hallway outside the door reached his ears.
    Darkthought stood and was grinning widely underneath his helmet, "It's about time the fools finished that thing."
    His nanobot activity reached critical mass, and the door exploded outward, shrapnel tearing into the waiting clanners.
    "And so we begin again..."

Quote::

"The Jobe scientific community made this happen.
    NOT OT, they just had the money (money they got by exploiting the workers and the planet)
    As I see it everybody contributed to the construction of this portal except OT as every good parasite they just take and never give back except to their own.
    Let the portal be or face the consequences."

Try again my delusional friend... JAME made this happen with the help of Omni-Tek Rubi-Ka... They did not do this themselves.

And don't give me any of that "exploiting the planet" leet-dung. If the Clans are so adamant about not touching the planet's resources, lets see them pack up their mining equiptment. Oh wait, that'll never happen... and why? Because Omni-Tek would just obliterate them, right?

News-Flash ! That's what you call a "necissary evil". When doing the right thing would bear far worse consequences than finding a balance of right and wrong. If everyone left the Notum alone, sure, Rubi-Ka itself might be a lot better off, but people would be far worse off... So you see, Clans mine Notum to compete with their enemies on the battle-field, Omni-Tek mines Notum to better lives, their own included. Both neccissary evils, so to speak.

" Everyone contributed to the construction of this portal except Omni-Tek " !?!?

What was your contribution bub? I don't recall reading a single word about the Clans contributing to this in any way, shape or form, yet they will be allowed to make use of it... Why? Because Omni-Tek allows it in our benevolence.

So, we sink cred into a grand discovery, allow even our enemies to make use of it, and at the same time, they complain about having to pay a nominal fee, when a good share of the cred made from this fee is no doubt stolen from the Company in the first place.

With this advent, we're just getting some of that Cred back... sounds more than fair to me...
    *Cuts to the cold static of an ended Grid-feed...*

Division 9 RSGE

Originally posted by Marisha
    Also, as an aside to the claims that our actions indicates a propensity to “merciless violence,” remember that it was a member of The Pilgrims Clan that first called for the portal to be secured by the Clans to protect it from Omni-Tek, when all we wished is to see the data, review it, and return it unharmed to the creators. If this is merciless violence, truly we live in an age of unparalleled atrocity. [/B]
    a nice twisting of words but I did no such thing.

I advised the leaders of JAME that should Omni-Tek resort to their normal forceful means, that the Clans will be willing to come to their aid.

The Pilgrims will not squabble over such things as this sole portal. We have no interest in ownership of "portals" or declaring our control and "ownership" over everything in the known universe. We simply love freedom and don't desire to see our Jobe brothers and sisters lose it unnecessarily.

I'm sure even the Omni-Tek leadership sees that they have too much to lose in a fight over this portal.
    Clan Elder of The Pilgrims

Originally posted by Sallust
    The Pilgrims will not squabble over such things as this sole portal. We have no interest in ownership of "portals" or declaring our control and "ownership" over everything in the known universe. We simply love freedom and don't desire to see our Jobe brothers and sisters lose it unnecessarily.

I'm sure even the Omni-Tek leadership sees that they have too much to lose in a fight over this portal.
    Omni-Tek paid for the construction and research of the portal. You Clanners wait until the company is finished and then you can scurry over and have your turn at the scraps. The Clans have shown no public attempt to co-exist with Omni-Tek and the company will no longer extend their hand in friendship blindly.

If the Clans wish to complain that Omni-Tek is being less 'friendly' than before they only have themselves to blame for bringing this about in the first place.

I have for too long attempted to worked towards a peaceful co-existance with the Clans only to have the supposedly peaceful Clans back off and pretend that everything is normal when the millitants took over. The time has come to purge the maligant tumor that is the millitant Clanners that have grown large and cancerous from neglect. Peace is no longer possible under such circumstances and this shall be corrected.
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

Originally posted by Sallust
    I advise the Leaders of Jobe and JAME to seek protection from the Clans. Many of us would volunteer to protect and aid your research without just using it as an opportunity to steal power.
    I don't see the phrase "After Omni-Tek has resorted to their usual forceful means" in there. If I'm mistaken, I'm positive that the Pilgrims Clan will point out my error.

We wish only to review the technology. This is our right as having provided the majority of the funding that enabled the construction of the portal and said technology. We have stated that we do not desire to seize control of the facility. We would not engage in such a PR blunder as to send in the OTAF at this point, unless it was in response to the actions of paranoid clanners.

If the day comes that OTAF soldiers ever take positions inside the City of Jobe, it will only be because the Clans forced us to deploy them.
    Marisha Durousseau, War Dominatrix of The Honored Maidens

Resources exist to be consumed. And consumed they will be, if not by this generation then by some future. By what right does this forgotten future seek to deny us our birthright?--CEO Nwabudike Morgan, "The Ethics of Greed"

Read Marisha's Journal, and see what she's doing

Originally posted by Charles

Omni-Tek paid for the construction and research of the portal. You Clanners wait until the company is finished and then you can scurry over and have your turn at the scraps.
    Is that all you intend to leave of this new land when you're "finished" with it? Scraps?

Do not take Mr. Houston's poetic use of words as indicative of our intentions. Omni-Tek wishes solely to conduct research concerning the various unknowns associated with what is, inarguably, one of mankind's greatest discoveries. Upon the completion of our research, if we deem anything of value within these Shadowlands, we will naturally move to a program of resource extraction that will enable Omni-Tek to provide more of the products the galaxy so cherishes.

This is all about business. This is all about Omni-Tek.

.."Let them squabble....even between themselves they are divided.....some just wanna look...some wanna close us out....they'll end up fighting themselves.."Cogs reads thru the last entries of the discussion, and quietly chukles to himself..."Im not worried...the moment the portal opens, we will be there..finally...I am not worried.." ...closing his holo-unit, he quitley shuffles off to bed...another day dawning...
    Anthony "Cogs" McDuff
    Veteran, Cerberus
    220 Supreme Creator : Master of Wheels...the lingerie modeling robot!

:: she leans back and smiles as she watches the buletin on her hacker interface:: Nothing ever changes around here...Jame wishes to borrow money and expects not to have to pay it back. :: she unplugs the interface and winds up the cord sliping it into one of the many hidden pockets of her cybornetic borg armor:: Still if they think that taxing everyone will be successfull than I give them to much credit. For every door there is a backdoor...and there are no taxes to back doors. Than again I suppose it is my job to help them find and close the back doors isnt it?

It is a dark day to be a clanner..((This could be the coolest thing ever if ya know this was the kind of place clanners could seize and out guards started spawning there and the portal to jobe could change sides, that real fights could break out for control of the jobe portal.)) omni tek's agenda is clear again. Icc troops need to present an injunction here and open the portal to all to further science. not further omnitek, this is in clear violation of the treaty that lets imagrants to rubika choose sides. As this presents a clear advantage to one side over the other. I plead to the icc to stop Omnitek here and send your peace keepers to control the portal. not omni.
    Originally posted by Brueskie
    In fact, it can quickly become a pain being begged to enter teams when you have no desire to level at all. It's kind of like a slap in the face; all these teams want you for your SK bonuses so they can level up quicker and become all the more uber while you don't get diddly-squat for leveling comparison. No thanks.

Hey, I for one think this is a great idea. Im currently hiding out in clan territory to keep from getting murdered ((cheap plug see catastrophe in the desert)) and if you ask me theyre a bunch of violent savages. The only thing keeping me sane is flying out over the desert. I say tax 'em, make the buggers sweat.

HA!

If you pay someone with high skills to make an implant for you and you provide the materials WHO OWNS the implant..... YOU DO . WELL IN OMNI U DO...... Although it seems you CLANNERS have funny ideas on this, the next time a Clanner asks me to make an implant for them i shal take the items make the implant and KEEP IT as you believe in the "I MADE IT THEREFORE ITS MINE " type of ownership...

I wonder how many of you will complain when you give me a 100k an implant, a faded, bright and shiny, when i take it, make it and walk away... YOU MAY HAVE PAID but by your ideas of law ITS MINE NOW... I wonder how quickly you will change your ideas..

I can just warn the clans that acting against ICC law is not in their best interest. ICC law is their only protection from feeling the full weight of OT Retaliation for their past and present acts of Terrorism against OT installations and employees. If OT decides and I have no doubt it will do so to open up taxed access to Jobe for non OT personell, then this act is sufficient to fullfill the according ICC law. Any actions of criminal individuals or groups that decide to leave the grounds of this law will surely be dealt with by appropriate measures. In the interest of peace and their own saftey I hope that the clans will respect the law as OT does.

/me opens a secure and private comchannel to Sallust: Damn Sallust stop these hawks or it will all end up in a very bright flare... You have no idea what this portal means to the upper management and I am not speaking OT:RK here...
    Last edited by Lucrezia; Sep 3rd, 2003 at 20:34:01.

Tax or no tax, i will be extensively exploring the 'the other side'.
    What lies boyond the portal is the real power/information about the understandings of the universe!!!!!!!
    So money will be worth nothing. To how an highly intelligent nanomage engineer such as myself could learn vast new boundries of knowledge, apply this infomation to further enhance the lives of everyone in rubi then the rest of civilization.
    so it a tax is really irrelvent, dont you think???

silly omnis hehe they just dont understand

Wink

Ok well you can take the feed for the entrence i just need to rob and kill some more Omnis and get ther loot

tax from us claners? pah
    the clan´s payed allready the TAX.. we payed with blood in the past and we are ready to pay with blood in the future.
    we wont forget the toxic water in Tir.
    we wont forget the OT notum mines where thousands of us died from toxic gases and from extertion.
    and OT should forget we claimed their city Omni2

the allmeighty OT isnt that powerfull anymore
    where is the OT-spacenavy ? huh no sign of it
    dont flex ur muscles if u cant punch.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast