Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Omni-Tek To Reclaim Rights To Jobe Portal

Omni-Tek To Reclaim Rights To Jobe Portal

OMNI-TEK TO RECLAIM RIGHTS TO JOBE PORTAL
    OMNI-HQ, RUBI-KA (Sept. 1, 29477) - Omni-Tek announced today that it would reclaim its rights to the Jobe Portal. According to ICC commercial law, Omni-Tek has the right to exclusively review the Jobe Association of Metaphysical Exploration (JAME) research that was funded by Omni-Tek.

According to Omni-Tek spokesman, Michael Dunleavy, “Omni-Tek funded almost 100% of the research conducted at the Jobe laboratory. As a result we are asserting the right to exclusive access to the portal work for review.”

Dunleavy added, “Once our research group has had a proper chance to review the material at hand, the portal will be handed back to the Jobe scientific community intact and unharmed to utilize as they see fit.” Dunleavy did not indicate whether Omni-Tek will sell its stake in this portal technology to Lord Kaldrani Skallagrim.

However, Dunleavy did indicate that OMNI-TEK will not exclude the implementation of a 'transportation tax' for all non-OMNI members wishing to utilize the Jobe Portal.

When questioned if OMNI-TEK would lay claim on the extensive research facilities that JAME has erected as a foothold within the Shadowlands, Dunleavy answered that OMNI-TEK would not lay claim to these and was merely interested in the technology and it's applications.

Lady Giljabet Skellibjalla, the spokeswoman for JAME only commented that: ‘Negotiations are underway, and we are working hard to solve certain differences regarding investments and the actual ownership of the portal technology. JAME controls and owns the portal and the technology on which it is built. That is clearly stated in the financial agreements, so although Omni-Tek invested in the research and the construction, it has no direct control over it. Our stance is that the portal is, and will be, run by JAME. And JAME will honor its agreements with all its investors who will all benefit from their investment in relation to their funding.”

Aye, TAX the non-omnis!
    muahahahahaa...

Omni-R&D could always use the additional funding.
    NanoTek - "Better living through Nanotechnology!"

This is an outrage!! Omni-Tek was not involved in the R&D of this portal. They payed for it, but they were not involved in the actual physical development. This is just as bad as when the Sentinels started attacking Neutrals. Now Omni-Tek is attacking our bank accounts. Yet another example of greed amongst Omni-Tek's policies.

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

The suns set, and a hooded figure in battered Omni-Pol Elite armor and Albrecht tank armor rested in an alcove off the busy main streets of Omni-1 Entertainment. Zach switched on his datapad, and read the latest news as it scrolled across the device. Curious,he thought to himself. Well, it's good to see the Corporation pull itself out of it's slump and re-assert authority. If we have to share the Shadowlands with those rebel scum, they'll pay for it...literally. He turned off the grid feed, and left the alcove, a smile on his lips at the prospect of Omni-Tek dominance.
    Zack "Eternalforce" Craddock
    Professional soldier of fortune.
    Quote Originally Posted by dustynova
    ahhh Ao where the men are boys the women are men and the leets are very very nervous.

A wonderful announcement indeed. Despite the assertions of those who obviously care very little about true contract and the law of the galaxy, it is truly refreshing to hear at least that JAME respects the will of the universe.

Mirm cuts into the replacement of the last experiment. "Nice almost there..." BEEEEEP. Mirm startles. "Not ANOTHER one?!" Mirm reachs over the now deceased man and hits the com button. Her anger quickly fades as she reads the announcement. "Hmm. This JAME doesn't wish to follow the rightful "laws" of my employer. Well if they tax it I will only get the rich ones. Those might be noticed." Mirm mutters as she cleans up her mess. "I might want to hire a certain someone to deal with this... Nah it's more fun to get rid of the more intresting ones" Smiles a little at that thought.

"BEEP. TIME IS UP. REPEAT. TI..."

Terra looks around startled wondering how she got here while ignoring the blaring automatic voice in the background. She notices the blood staining her clothing. "Eww. What ever happened to me this time made me messy? I LIKED this blouse" Terra exclaimed. She quickly cleaned the area up and soon left Omni-Med and headed towards Omni Entertainment.

The time draws near.

"Master?" Just a minute ago, he was monitoring the Omni-Pol comms network for any signs he may be needed. And now, he was here, in this strange dreamworld where up was down and black was white, just as he had been often in the past. But this time, he was awake when brought there. And the world was not changing.

Chosen, your work shall begin soon. Your employers are about to review the portal. You must go to it and attune yourself thus.

Akaran's mind exploded in color, and in an instant, he KNEW. He knew his task. He knew he would have access to the technology, just as he had access to the intelligence summaries. And he knew how to attune himself properly.

This is what we have Chosen you for, Aaron Kent, Scion of Anathema. The darkness that took you may yet release its grip upon your soul. But only if you succeed. Now return to Rubi-Ka, and let your waking mind know not what has transpired here.

"Private Akaran?" A clerk nudged the Omni-Pol officer. "Are you okay? You seemed zoned out for a bit."

Akaran shook his head, as though shaking free the dust and cobwebs. "Yeah, I'm fine. I should probably get some more coffee, though."
    Tonitrum - 215/21 Fixer

Typical Omni-Tek making for any power grab they can no matter who gets in the way. I hope this shows the "neutrals" just how far neutrality goes with Omni-Tek. Even business involvement can further be made an excuse for them to declare you "their property".

I advise the Leaders of Jobe and JAME to seek protection from the Clans. Many of us would volunteer to protect and aid your research without just using it as an opportunity to steal power.

Do not let the power of the Shadowlands fall into the wrong hands!

"“The eye of darkness that held those expelled from the world is opening by the hands of scientists and politicians.
    They cannot be stopped!
    Run for the hills, but realize you cannot run forever.
    The eye is our destiny. Grow strong in the time that remains!”"

Listen carefully those of you who will.
    Clan Elder of The Pilgrims

Originally posted by Sallust
    Typical Omni-Tek making for any power grab they can no matter who gets in the way. I hope this shows the "neutrals" just how far neutrality goes with Omni-Tek. Even business involvement can further be made an excuse for them to declare you "their property".
    They can tax the portal as much as they like, but it doesn't make us "their property" in any way. The research may have been done by JAME, but who pays the upkeep? Who pays for the energy to keep said portal open? I understand Omni-Tek's desire to profit from their investment, whether I like or not. Its not like their shoving us through the portal, anyway.

Indeed, Omni-Tek has the right to this and will be sought after as so. Just as all other technology on Rubi-Ka, this originated from Omni-Tek in ways of funding and or production.

Negotiations are under way, yes. But I will not comment on that.

I do agree with a tax of all non-omnis. But, I do not agree fully with public transportation of this portal. This is partly Omni-Tek property and any non-citizens should not be eligible to use, at least, for free.

To: Omni-Admin upper management
    From: The office of Red Tape, sub-department of Omni-Admin.
    Subject: Request for additional troops

After an emergency meeting, our sub-department have come to the conclusion that the Jobe Portal is under immediate and present danger of being siezed by extremist Clanners seeking to lay claim to the portal. Additional forces are recommended to be kept ready in case of such an event.

To all other loyal employees of the company, keep your eyes and ears open for any Clanner plots. These next few weeks will be critical in ensuring Omni-Tek dominance.

Regards,
    Administrator Charles 'Kithrak' Houston
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

Typical, just typical...

Again, Omni-Tek advances us all further, and yet we remain spurned. Another great leap into history, and some cannot lay down a silly grudge started by some dirty low-brow Miners over four-hundred years ago. What started as a civil-liberties issue has turned into all-out War...

I've got news for those lazy, cry-babies, these ancestors of the Clans... If they think their jobs where too tough, in my career, I've been blown apart over a dozen times, beaten to a bloody pulp, electrocuted, sliced to ribbons, my head crushed in, my limbs torn off, riddeled with bullets, melted by plasma, sniped, skewed, and skewered on a Goffle Prod... and you don't hear ME complaining !! But then, all this in comparison to the reality of people getting more for doing less, would be far greater a price to pay.

I cannot honestly beleive, that some people think they are entitled to use of this discovery, when they wage war on those responsible for bringing it about. Every citizen of Rubi-Ka should be thanking Omni-Tek for this, and celebrating such a wonderous step!

But no... No ''Thank You's"... No moments of peace... Not even so much as a suggestion of respect for the Company.

Typical...

Ah well, be thankful for your table-scraps Clanners, maybe next time you try to bite the hand that feeds, it will make you sit-up and beg for a treat as it should.
    *Cuts to the cold static of an ended Grid-feed...*

Division 9 RSGE

Originally posted by Daetona
    Typical, just typical...

I cannot honestly beleive, that some people think they are entitled to use of this discovery, when they wage war on those responsible for bringing it about.

You are right. /me being sarcastic
    The Jobe scientific community made this happen.
    NOT OT, they just had the money (money they got by exploiting the workers and the planet)
    As I see it everybody contributed to the construction of this portal except OT as every good parasite they just take and never give back except to their own.
    Let the portal be or face the consequences.

Jen simply chuckles upon reading the various answers.

"Now Omni-Tek is attacking our bank accounts. Yet another example of greed amongst Omni-Tek's policies."

Greed? Where d'ya think *yer* money comes from, Clanner? Growing on the Notum Tree in Avallon, mehbe? By the way, I'm surprised that "attacking yer bank accounts" wasn't done sooner. After all, economic war is suuuch a nicer way of making war, rather than piling corpses. /me smirks

"Even business involvement can further be made an excuse for them to declare you "their property"."

Ah? Where's the problem? Omni-Tek funded 100%, or almost, of this research, right? So why shouldn't they get a few advantages over this? Next time, mehbe we should let the Clanners fund such a project. Oh wait, I forgot, we attack yer bank accounts, ya can't.

"The Jobe scientific community made this happen.
    NOT OT, they just had the money (money they got by exploiting the workers and the planet)"

Pfft. Exploiting the planet, huh. 'Course the Clanners and Neutrals neeeever mined Notum and helped in 'exploiting' Rubi-Ka, eh. Tell ya what, before making such statements, tell all yer Clanner friends to destroy their towers: fer yer information, they're exploiting the planet too.

Bah. Nice idea, this tax. After all, Omni-Tek funded the project - so why should every Clanner and his dog be allowed to step through without any problem? That's really the same hypocrisy, as usual. "Yer evil,we hate ya, oh but wait, we still want to use yer money, yer technology and yer new installations". Now who's the greediest, I wonder.

When one makes an investment, one wants to have a compensation to it in the end. I find this all normal.
    Jen Markarian - Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining
    Updating my stories -- 19/03/08. Going slowly, but certainly
    Anarchy Reloaded - AO webcomics for the sake of being silly

I never want to lose what I have finally found
    There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    And it's telling me: go forward and walk
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

JAME should relinquish control of this portal immediately! They know perfectly well who not only paid for it, but taught those upstart scientists how to add, subract and multiply. Without Omni, they would never have amounted to anything.

Lady Skellibjalla, who is now playing the bigshot, has been seen in Omni HQ on a number of occasions being very friendly with the high-ups. She best not forget the deals and handshakes she got there in full trust and confidence on behalf of JAME. Honor those is my advice. Don't bite the hand that feeds you!

Competing against Omni-Tek is like racing against the wind. Sooner or later, you will tire and we will be victorious.

There is no escaping it.

in other news...

Today omni-tek claimed rights to the letter "m" because, as is quoted:

It has come to our attention that many members of the Omni-Tek corp use the letter "m" freqently, including many high officials. In order to protect the letter "m" from misuse, we will be forced to claim the rights for this letter. Anyone who makes illigal use of "m"tm will be forced to pay a fine and will risk inprisionment.
    As you can see, just another normal day for omni. They probally have allready made some sort of alliance with the bugs or ghosts or whatever the heck's on the other side of that portal too.
    Eldenano, my rebirth as an NT, in addition to a class I really like playing. Win.

"The Jobe scientific community made this happen.
    NOT OT, they just had the money (money they got by exploiting the workers and the planet)
    As I see it everybody contributed to the construction of this portal except OT as every good parasite they just take and never give back except to their own."

Oh, and how far would this technology be without the litteraly Billions of Credits that Omni-Tek Admin has poured into this project? No-where, that´s where. We paid for the equipment. We paid for the housing and sustenance of the research personel, we paid for the support of the researchers familys. JAME has done an excelent job, and in my opinion should have a saying in what happens to the portal, _but_....
    By sponsoring this project, Omni-Tek has in a way recruited JAME as a subcontractor, thereby the Portal is Omni-Tek property both by law and moral. So Omni Admin should have the final word.
    "On the frontlines, there is but one commandment...
    Thou Shalt Kill."

"As i stride knee deep through the dead, all is clear. I know what must be done...
    My cause is just...My will is strong...
    ...And my gun is very, very large!"
    The words of a true soldier.

**Beep***Beep***Incoming Transmission**

John "Blackswords" Rm ignored the transmission as he worked the Shard of Carbonrock out of the Ground and added it to his Pack for storage.

"Breaktime." he muttered as he looked over the Blasted lava strewn plain in Avalon.

John sat down and queued up the transmission and read it quietly. When done he Harumphed Slightly.

"Bitch and Moan, Jeez I hope they open the doorway soon I need a vacation from the Fighting. Verbal and otherwise."

With that he started digging out another Carbonrock.

tax me huh? pffffft!!!! you must be joking, we'll see how omni likes it when i grab them by their ankles and shake their milk money outta their pockets. that should be enough to cover my tax.

Not to worry my beligerent clan friend. I'm sure that JAME and the proprietors of Jobe will ensure the suppression gas renders that thought a mere glimmer in the dark corners of your mind.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast