Thread: I have had a "Vision"!

I have had a "Vision"!

I was flying above West Athen a short while ago and contemplating what to do with myself with my time allotted on Rubi-Ka. While deep in thought this "Vision" appeared before me and declared itself to be of Alyssa's blood. Whom The Pilgrims know as the long anticipated savior of the Clans.

This Vision brought me an important warning that I must spread to all of you! Listen carefully and take full heed to these dire portents:

"“The eye of darkness that held those expelled from the world is opening by the hands of scientists and politicians.
    They cannot be stopped!
    Run for the hills, but realize you cannot run forever.
    The eye is our destiny. Grow strong in the time that remains!”"

Listen carefully those of you who will.
    Clan Elder of The Pilgrims

I have received a similiar vision. I thought perhaps I was seeing things as I wasn't able to properly scan it. But, I was with another and she seen it as well.

It said, "I, the last blood of Alyssa have come to you, a great evil will happen.

The Eye of Darkness that held those expelled from the world is opening by the hands of scientists and politicians. They cannot be stopped! Prepare yourselves, the dream is strong."

He said I had been choosen as someone who makes a difference when I asked why I had been chosen. It was a very, unnerving experience to say the least. After some quick investigations, it seems several others in the EndGame Alliance have also had visions.

I wonder if Omni has received them?
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

I had a vision

of 20 x 20
    Honeypearl 137 Trader. Proud leader of guild

Paritybyte Fixer in progress (can solo all kinds of high level mobs with a good team)

Visions...mere dreams meant to bring hope where hope is needed. You create them in your subconscious and then believe them only because you want to. The only future lies in your hands...the question is, can you mold the world to perfection, or will you allow it to fall to chaos?
    Adam "Phantom" Preston - 220/26/53 Meta-Physicist

Serugiusu: By order of I, Bahirae Serugiusu. CEO of Omni-Tek's operations on Rubi-Ka. I hereby transfer you, Mr. Preston to Omni-Meta. Effective Immediately.

yeah....

I was walking around south gate trying to get buffs and I was one of like 3 people there. Then some guy named Vision appeared and warned me to tell everyone to run for the hills and that evil and darkness is coming and cant be stopped. He said he was from some blood, so I told him why does he not stop it for us? Then he told me to tell people about the evil and then he disappeared.

I have had a visit as well.......he spoke to me directly, and conveyed a message much similar to the ones above.

He also said this: "You must have been touched by the dream, for you pierce its veil like a knife Cogs. Perhaps the bloood of Alyssa also travels your veins!"
    This comment fell after I spoke to him about some personal experiences that I cannot speak of in detail, but is known to some as the Lookingglass.

He is a mystical traveller indeed, and personally I will be very alert in the times that face us. Yet, I somehow feel this vision, this friend..will come again, and perhaps offer advice......god knows we miight need it.
    Anthony "Cogs" McDuff
    Veteran, Cerberus
    220 Supreme Creator : Master of Wheels...the lingerie modeling robot!

Akaran idly sipped some pseudo-coffee as he looked over some of the recent intelligence summaries from Clan territories. It wasn't something he was assigned to, but he had had the security clearances for months now. It had become something of a relaxing ritual for him, even if he didn't know why he was allowed to look at the summaries.

"Same old same old for notum mining...bah, AF and Reform will cover things for now. I guess we'll have to deal with it if they get too close to the southern lands."

Shuffling the papers briefly, Akaran glanced at a form marked with the three blue stripes of a Class 2 event. Class 1 and 2 occurences were less about the Clans, and more about the fate of Rubi-Ka itself. The Tir Accords being voided, the Shadowkands being opened -- these were Class 1. But a Class 2 in the intelligence reports?

The text was no more illuminating. Someone calling himself "Vision", who claimed to be the last surviving heir of "Alyssa". The name seemed familiar somehow. The report indicated there was some sort of connection to the legendary David Marlin believed, but...

Akaran shook his head, putting it out of mind as he lifted his Omni-Pol marked coffee mug back to his mouth. This "Vision" seemed to be an apoclyptic preacher of some fashion, perhaps connected to the recent development of a stable portal to the Shadowlands.

Part of him wanted to write this "Vision" off as just another unimportant nutball, but Akaran's gut told him that such a wacko wouldn't be worth a Class 2. And in Omni-Pol, you either learned to trust your gut -- or you died.
    Last edited by Tonitrum; Aug 31st, 2003 at 04:43:44.
    Tonitrum - 215/21 Fixer

Old Athens, August 29th,

I was attempting to find work with the clans at the terminals that night. While in the heart of a clan-held city, there appeared a figure that began to take touches of damage from the notrum. There was myself and an individual in the area of these terminals by the whompa. When I looked for the source fo this disturbance, there was a figure.

I greeted the figure who stood there. Checking the computers and records that list the citizens of Rubi-Ka, he showed an alignment with the corporation.

The figure's replied, "Hello, my child."

After a moment, I asked him what had brought him here. Given we were in Athen, it was rather odd to see this.

"You, Nightsteel... your mind was open to my projection..."

At this point, it seems either the other person at the terminals could not tell or see this figure. Or he did not pay attention. Either way, the reply from the other gentlemen at the implied this. Or in his words, "Ok, who is droppin acid?"

I responded to the projection, "What may I do for you?"

The response, "I want you to spread my message..."

"What message is that?"

In reply, the Projection continued, "The portal of ages unlocking a world of wonders has been created by the hands of man and by the hands of man..."

At this point, I believe thos around me either thought I was mad or attempted to get the man's attention. Given the numerous helloes, I believe he assumed I was quite mad.

The projection continued, "A new world will now become its destiny. A new world will become its destiny. The Portal is our destiny. Enter the portal so mankind can grow evolve as destiny intended us to."

From there I attempted to question him where the portal lead. As I did, the figure turned away and began to walk towards the central hill in the city. As he did, he disappeared as quickly as he appeared.
    Karma "Nightsteel" Shadowfire
    Advisor, The Pilgrims
    Clan, Nano-Technician, Rimor

I'll sooner trust Science than visions, portents, omens and other superstitions. It is Mankind's manifest destiny to pursue all knowledge and reach its full potential. Sure, there will be mishaps on the way, and sometimes the price to be paid will seem high, but to cower in the dark, afraid of mere shadows, would be the greatest betrayal of them all.

Dabblez
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

I have had a visons too.

It kinds of strangles me
    Oliewabie
    Entertainer and Rubi-Ka Trotter

Feel free to visit:
    Olie's Arul Saba Store - Gems and Bracer
    Free Champagne and refreshements

There are strange times upon us.
    Our world will change but is it for the best.
    We can only wait an see.

Can any ordinary day be considered such in extraordinary times? Nathan Ammicus Age mused to himself while watching the throng of investigators, engineers and regular employees surrounding the central monument in Omni-1 Trade.

The day had certainly begun ordinary enough. A morning at the office, followed by general field training, ending with a quiet moment discussing Rubi-Kan politics with Zack Eternalforce Craddock over a cup of coffee in a darkened corner Rompa Bar. Then the call came.

Eternalforce reaches into his armour and retrieves a small silver datapad, which is flashing wildly

"Seems like something's going down in Omni-1 Trade." Eternalforce muttered aloud, eyes fixed on the screen in his hand. "Want to head out?"

"Definitely." Nathan replied, standing from his seat and placing the half-full cup on the adjacent table. "Lead the way."

The pair had departed Rompa with some haste, arriving in Omni-1 Trade a mere minute after Eternalforce had been warned. What they had arrived to was nothing short of pandemonium; seven or eight official investigators questioned any and all who approached them, an Omni-Tek engineer worked frantically at an odd scanning device, and the empath...

Gartsyl smiles softly

"I'm showing only normal.. well.. relativly normal citizenry..." The mysterious woman scanned the crowd intensely, her eyes seemingly burrowing through layers of armour and cloth and into the very souls of those around her.

"Lieutenant Cygnee, what happened?" Nathan, turning to the nearest Omni-Pol officer, asked.

"Ammicus, we are looking for ones who have info on the visions ones have had" The officer replied.

Visions? Nathan didn't ask. It had been a topic of conversation with Mr. Craddock earlier in the eve; Nathan had read the reports by Omni-Pol Director Meister Capo regarding his encounter with one such apparition, but was it truly this widespread? Pervasive enough to warrant such a legion of official personnel scanning everything and anything in the capitol of Omni-Tek's reign?

"Engineer Gerromer, a moment of your time, please."

"Yes Citizen Ammicus?" Then engineer, shaken somewhat from the readings on his various devices, turned to face Nathan with a scanner held aloft.

Gerromer takes some readings from a small device

Ammicus glances at the scanner

"What...is this concerning exactly?" Nathan asked, taking a small step back from the engineer.

"We are investigating reports of some kind of "Visions" that have apparently been appearing in the area recently" The engineer responded, his gaze unbreaking from the his screen.

"It is not only this area, good sir. Rumours abound throughout Omni-1 as well." Nathan replied.

"Are these "visions", as you put it, a threat to the populace?"

"That is something we are as yet unsure of, we dont believe so, but we need to find out more about them." The engineer sighed ever so quietly, an overt sign of inner frustration.

"This is most coincidental to the recent work of JAME..." Ammicus glanced off in thought, twisting those words around in his head. Jobe...this mysterious Portal...the Shadowlands...riddle upon riddle upon riddle.

"I'm afraid i couldn't possibly comment on that Ammicus" The engineer's response shook Nathan from his musings.

"I understand completely, Engineer Gerromer. But I must say it is wonderful to see the authorities looking over us." Nathan replied, smiling. He turned to walk back to Eternalforce, who was being questioned by one of the investigators.

"Have you yourself experienced any "Visions" Ammicus?" The engineer asked, and Nathan froze in his tracks.

"Me? No. Aside from the burn in my retina from staring at my datapad for far too long."

Gerromer smiles

"I have suffered at the hands of Retina burn myself."

Nathan turned ever so slightly, and, smiling at the engineer, replied "I think if anyone can truly appreciate that it would indeed be an engineer."

"Well that was interesting." Eternalforce had returned, and now stood at Nathan's side. Both watched as the crowd slowly disbursed, and the offical entourage moved through the Whompha into the Entertainment district.

Ammicus nods solemnly

"Indeed, Mr. Craddock." Nathan exhaled a confused whaft of breath. "And quite disturbing as well..."

"Here I was thinking those visions were something I ate...The Commander and Investigator seemed very interested in what I saw...or heard."

"And what was it that you heard?" Nathan asked, turning to Eternalforce.

"A lot of gibberish. Stuff about entering a portal, and realizing our destiny, and evolving...Really spacey stuff."

"Wonderful. Now I see what you mean about not understanding this meta-crap."

Eternalforce chuckles

"Well, I think I've had enough excitement for one evening. I'll bid you a good night, Mr. Age."

"Indeed. It has been a pleasure meeting you, Mr. Craddock. Though I do hope our future meetings are more...sane." Nathan smiled, as he and Eternalforce parted ways.

Coincidental indeed...

((well...that surely punched a huge hole in the rp experience of this for me.......Omni having the exact same visions..lol....ok, this sounds like the old Labour party on Earth...where equality in all things were a major issue. for heavens sake...we were visited by apparitions claiming to be the Blood of Alyssa...form where did your apparitions come?......ack......sorry if Im ranting...but....wouldnt it be nice if maybe the Omni side didnt have apparitions...I dunno...nuff said))
    Anthony "Cogs" McDuff
    Veteran, Cerberus

((Awww come on Cogs...you're getting visited by Alyssa's people That's pretty huge, IMO. Remember there's two sides in SL, so we're getting the opposite (depending on whether or not Alyssa is Redeemed or Unredeemed). I think you guys are still getting the shiny side of the coin; not that I'm complaining about things OT side - a big w00t to the events people for this series ))

((Edit: Just realized that the "opposite" I referred to that's visiting OTers would be Vanya's and the Omega's kin...))
    Last edited by Ammicus; Sep 1st, 2003 at 18:13:36.

((lol, Ammicus...yeah, Im just blowing off some steam, and will make the most of these new experiences we are having ...I guess I was hoping that there would be some diversity to this...its like FC think we will be hurt if the same things dont happen on both sides of the fence, but imho it takes away from the rp experience! well, ramblings off ........see you in pastures greener, ole boy ))
    Anthony "Cogs" McDuff
    Veteran, Cerberus

If you Clanners like visions that involve blood, we at Omni-Tek will be more than happy to oblige.

Omni-Tek provides.
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

(( Oy! .. Guess it's time for me to visit RK more often. Can't miss out on these events. ))
    Didymus - Solitus Trader, Member of Instability

I had one too, mine came though at a very odd time, because five others saw the same figure. I'm not quite sure if they heard him talk, but he spoke to me and said

"Tharkael, hear my words of warning
    I am the last blood of Alyssa
    They eye of darkness that held those expelled from the world is opening by the hands of scientists and politicians.
    They Cannot be stopped!
    Prepare yourselves, the dream is strong."

Then he vanished, before I had any chance to collect my thoughts or even really begin to process what happened. Even before mine I've heard reports of these things, and quite well after some people have told me of their visions.

I guess regardless of these visions I know one thing to be true... the dream still lives. Remember that my fellow clanners, the dream still lives as long as we act together.

Zane then taps his comlink and lets the message be placed so that the rest of his fellow brethren can read it.
    Nexeus Fatale
    Former GSP DJ
    website

Zane "Tharkael" Conmy

- "The secret to "the list" is that once you are on it, you automatically become Timelapse's and Regulas' chew toy."

i'd just like to mention here to anyone thats had a "vision"

the Sentinels are what seems to be a mad witch hunt on this matter. they're convinced.. or at least.. telling the public... that they beleive the visions are induced by a drug. and thus they are taking blood, and who knows what else, from people that have had the visions.

though, i personally advise everyone to be cautious when near Sentinels and never volunteer information about this to them. they have been acting in an Omni-Tek like manner on this matter, and i fear what their true intentions might be.

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

Zane was standing at the edge of the bridge in deep meditation as he watched the horizon. He was thinking about the events that have unfolded and the ones that we to come. After having dealt with a few issues, he knew his resolution had to be strong and swift. It was in the meditation he heard a voice, and it spoke out to him:
    "Listen to me Tharkael The battle of our destiny is moving forward. Driven by greed and false promises They will try and make the portal theirs. Tomorrow, is the time when you must make your stand. When the shadows herald the evening hour, you must go home to stop these minions of evil. If they are not stopped, then destiny will be lost.... forever."

For a moment he thought it was his own mind talking to him... but upon waking up he checked the logs and realized that the vision had penetrated deep past his own meditation pressing onto him deep words of visdom. He then contacted the only person he could think of who would be able to help him
    Nexeus Fatale
    Former GSP DJ
    website

Zane "Tharkael" Conmy

- "The secret to "the list" is that once you are on it, you automatically become Timelapse's and Regulas' chew toy."