Thread: NT:s as a pvp profession

NT:s as a pvp profession

I just done a nt , and by reading on this forum i understand it is not the easyest proffession , is pvp totaly out of the question as an NT ? Is my only choice to be 50 lev higher then others?

I seen from most of the people i team with who was NT they didnt dare to do anything cause of risking aggro , and since NT cant realy OE does this mean they stand no chance against same level guy ???

So only viable option in pvp today is the Traders , Soldiers , and Enforcers ?? Unless your in a team ofcourse .

How is the NT as a support in pvp , does he contribute or just being the first one to be ganked and killed????

I wanted to be an NT mainly cause i am tired of OE all the time and cause i am tired asking for buffs...
    Mainly cause i am getting broke all the time as well haha

No flaming please.
    //////////////------------------------

Fixer

I think you can be pretty good as a PvPer. I am by no means good at PvP, I die a TON. AoE nukes can do a lot of damage to a lot of enemy's. But as far as one on one, I try and be careful as to whom I fight. I stay away from soldiers, Docs, Traders as much as possible. Ill attack anyone else if i think I have the edge (aka: they don't know I'm there ) We are by no means a profession that can stand toe to toe with other professions.

But for the most part, go by this rule, Gank or be Ganked

Big suggestion here. If you want to win don't PVP before 150. NTs strength is in their AoEs, they suck 1 on 1 v. many classes, having some small advantages over melee classes and engies. NTs do the best when picking on mobs of people 50 or more levels below them. By 150 you have good aoe nukes and there are lots of popular hunting spots for you to terrorize.

I got Volcanic Eruption at level 130. This is the best one you can get I think. Kels is cool, but.... seeing as how it isn't available.

But you can pvp earlier, it just takes a lot of patience and rez time

YES U CAN PVP !!! - U Need to twink a bit

I pvp a load with my NT - Now Rookie - Lvl 31 - I am twinked, but not through bugs, I can remove all and rewear it ( with a load of effort mind !! ).

U just need planning, use shotgun and make sure u pvp buffed with +crit, use Shotgun and then use nukes as the killer.

Before Shotgun I found that I ran out of nano loads when fighting enforcers, now I do ok.

And u need to time roots ...

Only person u dont fight is trader ..

Hope this helps.

Seems to be a big fear against traders here
    Why are they so powerful ? cause of there roots?? I havent gotten to pvp at all mainly i guess cause i restart my chars and i cant afford to twink...

But if you see it in the long run lev 150 and above? Is NT:s ever gonna stand a chance or who is on the big pvp throne at those levels??
    //////////////------------------------

Fixer

With the current system, any profession can be 'good' in pvp.
    All u need is a slightly decent critical gun (shotgun most common) and get Essence of Behemoth, UVC, Omni-Med, Life Channeler, Deflect Shield, AC Shield, and a run buff. Oh if you are at MMD or arena, just attack someone and retreat to 75%, have a high doc rdy to heal or mp heal pet on you. When theres 1% possibility you would lose, run to zone.
    Just keep doing this u will get Neophyte eventually.

Originally posted by Kryonic
    Seems to be a big fear against traders here
    Why are they so powerful ? cause of there roots?? I havent gotten to pvp at all mainly i guess cause i restart my chars and i cant afford to twink...

But if you see it in the long run lev 150 and above? Is NT:s ever gonna stand a chance or who is on the big pvp throne at those levels??

Traders have the ability to debuff us into little girls. Best case senario they can debuff like 400+ matter creation (plus any other offensive skills). Not saying that can happen all the time, but it can. A divested and plundered NT renders us basically swinging pillows. Time to run.

Posted this in the NT forum too:

To make a good NT, you must choose your weapon carefully. In pvp its crits that does the work, not our nukes. From what I know, the former melee NTs are thinking of IP wipe and get a ranged weapon. At higher lvls such as 150 you can do a combo. First you fire off your specials from your ranged weapon, then you unequip and go MA and use dimach and brawl etc.

Honestly, I wouldnt have a chance without my flashpoint. But im doing IP wipe also, becuase even if I am able to kill ppl with it, I have no staying power, after I have fired off my specials, I need to wait 5-10 min for them to recycle. So im now going shotty, or dual shotty/pistol with as many specials as possible. Specials recycle much faster on fast weapons, flash is very slow.

All professions can be valid, but some got obvious advantages, for NTs the debuffers are killers, soldiers too. Profs with devestating debuffs is: Docs, Traders and MPs. But its possible to kill them, but its really hard, and you need some luck, unless of course you are much higher lvl. But even then those, specially traders and docs can be very difficult becuase of their healing.

I would say NTs is one of the last to be killed, or at least, we are looked upon as a small threat. It depends really, in large battles in 25% zones the NTs thrives very well, becuase of our AE nukes.

Root is a very important nano. Learn to use it against meleers, I havent tried this becuase of my slow Flashpoint, but I htink vs meleers you can just concentrate on rooting them to keep them from hitting you, while your ranged gun hits them for dmg.
    NT phone HOME!!

Just a few things I thought I'd bring up..

1)Vs Melee classes, you should spam cast a low level root. Roots break under damage pretty quickly.
    2)For the love of God, don't root yourself, then nuke yourself to death.

Taken from a fight I saw earlier in MMD today.

And yes, you will be laughed at if you do this.
    Perfection breeds weakness.

Obergeist-Burning bright, Above the head ghost

Mdgprogram-Fearful symmetry <---beat the every lovin' crap out of a level 60 soldier at 49

Stronger, better, faster, push it

The Troll Corps want you!tm
    General in the Troll Corps tm

A few small fixes are needed for the NT to be a good profession:

1 Addition is needed, somekind of Nano Resist buff, something like the enf buffs rage and mongo, NT version should be a big NR boost + a HE.

1 Boost is needed, the dmg of our nukes.

A few fixes are needed, including a bugged Nullity and Layered.
    NT phone HOME!!

I dueled this lady nt a little while ago and she beat me once, and I beat her once. The first fight I had my reflect shield up and she crowned me rendering my mirror shields unusable. The fight was close but she nuked me mega fast with a AoE nuke for 400 damage or so. This nuke was insta cast I swear, increadibly fast damage. She was also using ql 110 med kits, and she musta had nice evades cause I didn't crit much (if at all). I lost that fight.

The second time we dueled I didn't bother with my reflect shield (cause thats what prevented me from casting any ql mirror in the fight before), so she got me with crown again, and I was reduced to using mirror 3 I think. Another close fight, and if I hadn't crited at the end I might have lost again. This nt did a real good job fighting a soldier, and I must say I was impressed. I went into the first fight expecting to win easily, but I can see now I was lead astray by all the whining the nt's who post on the boards do.

At lvl 112 I was attacked by an lvl 125ish nt in mort. She didn't crown me, she didn't root me, she didn't do much other then slow nuke me. I mirrored my mirror 5 and destroyed her, tho I was pretty close to death at the end. If this nt had bothered to use a modicum of strategy she probably could have won.

These are the only two experiences I have had fighting nt's for a long time, make of them what you will.
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

I have killed LOTs of soldiers... even higher lvls too. I will never forget the best against the odds fight I had vs a soldier. Back then I was lvl 45 or so, and there was still a 1-2 sec delay on executions AND recharge, making NT nukes use from 2-4 secs longer than intended (omg NTs were gimped back then). The soldier was about lvl 53, and we both were n00bs (the game was very new then). I wasnt aware I had a range advantage, and had no range upgrade (range buffs didnt work then). But I had maxed my first aid and run speed, and I was using the run boost stims very often. I was very lucky, got hit for only 100 burst dmg, and he didnt use Flashpoint. We were both low on health, but I knew that I had to use my firstaid one more time to win, so I ran and used a run stim. He used a battle suit (not sure if it had penalties to run back then, but I out ran him anyway). So, my first aid recycled and I used it, then I stopped and started a nuke... He fires off a bullet, I survived, one more hit, and I am dead, The execution reaches the top... and I know he is just about to fire off a bullet. The one who fires off first will win the fight, we are both one hit from the reclaim terminal. I was waiting and waiting, it felt like a minute, then it goes off.... finally, I WON!!!!

Thats what got me into pvp , I realized that even against the odds, and no matter how gimped others says you are, you still got a chance.

Its nothing such as a impossible to kill profession, there is just that some are very very hard to kill. NT played right, usually owns an MA, and maybe even an Enf, depends on resists, blackholes and fumbles for the most part.

This is a typical scenario from NT vs Soldier (Assuming with LMA or UVC and high QL scope, few ppl do pvp without it. And not counting arena into it, cuase in the arena its no place for the NT to go out of range): The problem is that NTs do not have any range advantage anymore, that means to do dmg, you have to take dmg. A soldier with Flashpoint will in most cases instakill the NT, I have survived the last two alphas from Syrah... but thats not something I do often . Its about timing with the flash, I use one myself, I have to be sure I dont fire it off into the MK, same as it would be a waste to fire it off into my nullity. But, since Nullity lasts 19 secs, and MK X lasts 1.33 min, its very difficult to stay alive until it runs out. But its possible, but as I said, to do dmg, I have to take dmg. And a soldier with crit buffs easily outdmg an NT. But with roots, I can do alot. I can root, wait for nullity to recharge, then run back in again, but the odds for doing that successfully many times, is very low, sooner or later I will fumble or something, and that is devestating. The soldier will get in 1-2 more hits, which can be enough to kill in these hardcore critting days.

Anyway, I dont see soldiers as the most powerful profession. I think traders is, not becuase of their shotgun dmg, but because of the heal + root combo they got. They can go in, fire off a few bullets, debuff you alot, then root you, and move out of range, and heal up, repeat...
    NT phone HOME!!

NT's are very tough to PvP with... I've rarely had fun doing it and tend to play my lil NT butt outta poli zones asap.

But if you want to...

1) get a fast shooting gun (pistols)
    2) get a gun with a good crit (shotguns)
    3) make sure you have an action bar with 'backup' low lvl attacks for when you get debuffed
    4) Use a fast shooting nuke, not your big ones
    5) Use 'Darkmovement' as soon as you can
    6) calm/root pets
    7) root melee chars, but don't waste you time rooting other ranged chars, you can't out range them (that's been nerfed)
    8) wear anything that raises your HP (imps, special items, SA Home Defenders)
    9) Do what everyone else does (high evades, beg other chars for their buffs, make sure you know where the zones are, debuff peeps all you can, know what other profs are good at and couter it, over eqiup, twink, blah blah blah...)
    10) and you can always be a 'hit-from-behind-grid-camping-ganker-who-only-attacks-people-20-lvls-below-them' if you are into that kind of stuff. I'm not, I know NT's can't go toe to toe with other profs, but I won't attack anyone unless it's obviouse they are looking for a fight.

Other than that, I can't think of anything, if you come up with some good strategies for winning as a 'fair play' (some would say grid camping is fair play, I disagree becuase people looking to grid don't want to fight, they have had a hard day leveling/missioning and just want to go home and save) If you come up with anything I'd be interested in seeing it in the NT forums... just so everyone can get a good laugh at seeing "NT" and "PvP" in the same sentence. :} Hope this helps your desicion in whether or not you want to PvP with your lil NT, hope to see him around.