Thread: What's up? (August 29th 2003)

What's up? (August 29th 2003)

Well, well. The normal week comes to an end, but not the work week. Going to be a busy weekend, for sure.

The entire AO team are working as much as they can to have everything as close to perfect as possible before the 15.0.1 update next week (Wednesday). They even threw some of the work on my desk, so I'm forced to spend a little less of my work time on community matters. (It only means I spend more of my spare time on it, of course. No, I don't have a life. Next question, please. )

Shadowlands update
    Just thought I'd repeat that Wednesday September 3 is the date for the Shadowlands update. This will contain all changes that will affect everybody, whether you buy Shadowlands or not. Check out the Test Server page for the preliminary build notes.

I you don't want to wait until Wednesday to try it out, become a tester.

Details about the downtime, like when, and how long, will be posted in the launcher when we have them nailed down.

Shadowlands trailer
    The official Shadowlands trailer was released earlier this week. If you haven't seen it yet, check it out! You can find it on the Shadowlands Media page.

New social guidelines
    The social guidelines for the bulletin board have been updated with better structure and clarity. Please familiarize yourself with them, and follow them, as they exist to make sure this bulletin board is the good player gathering place it's meant to be.

Also, since I'm awfully busy these days, and I'm (perhaps unfortunately) the only one who can lift supensions, now is not the time to cross the moderators.

The Battle of Stret, and the third Rubi-Kan civil war
    August 30 29461 the third Rubi-Kan civil war started with the Battle of Stret, counting more than one thousand lives lost (permanently). This war lasted almost nine years, and ended with a permanent ceasefire and the signing of the Tir Accord on July 4 29470.

Some consider this the last of the Rubi-Kan civil wars. Others say the fourth one is still going on - the Notum Wars.

The Tir Accord was later annulled by Omni-Tek on October 18 29476, following the disappearance of the Council of Truth.

The current year on Rubi-Ka is 29477, and the calendar follows the out-of-game one.

---

That's all from me this week. Have a nice weekend. I hope I'll see you online.

{Edit: Date }
    Last edited by Cz; Aug 30th, 2003 at 12:11:10.