Thread: MP's are not gods!

Angry MP's are not gods!

Okay just sick of hearing people say mp's are pvp gods. Take must any mp in AO you will see they are not very good at pvp at all. Okay say things like you got this ungodly healpet. The heal pet is not all that great. These are some reasons why:

Poor path finding on pets
    Heals are slower than MA heals
    Only heals for 400-800 at a time

Okay so this like saying i'm a doctor and just happen keep losing track of my nanos on shortcut bar while at same time I init debuffed myself while using crappy heals. This about how useful the heal pet is.

Lets take your attack pet. This about useful as enforcer in pvp. Really stupid enforcer that runs into walls and taken out with one root. People are not stupid enough pvp to try kill you with a pet wacking them. Why just jump few things lose pet due pathfinding or many other lovely such as rooting considering pet has hardly if any nanoresist. Attack pets are only good for about few things in pvp. Annoying people , killing stupid people or distraction.

I have debuffs granted these are some useful debuffs. Nanoshutdown noted here being my best hard with the range it has and casting time to get in range of someone without getting smacked with 100 different debuffs. I have dominate which actually great nano but again this requires thought just not hey I'll cast dominate psy mod on healer that uses heal using bio.

MP's have the worse ranged weapon skills of any class.

Stuns are nice please stuns were hit hard with a nerf bat.

Do you see a lot mp's running around with pvp's titles? No I dont think seen one Apprentice or Novice mp yet.

Granted class has a lot advantages please think before you say something like mp's are funcom's love child or are gods. If you haven't played an mp yourself you would have no idea how unplayable MP's were before they received a patch.

?

Thought you were leaving.

I don't consider MPs pvp gods. I consider Traders pvp gods. =)

MPs are gods of buffs and PvM soloing. =)

Can they be good in PvP? Of course. Do they dominate? Nah.

Most of the MPs that I see that PvP at a high level use shotguns anyway... hell, almost all classes that really want to get PvP titles use either guns with loads of specials or high crit rating, barring melee classes.

I promise you, if FC made a school girl profession, someone would give it a shotgun, buck up it's evades, get a crit buff, and that school girl could PvP and win. Unless it came across a soldier using the TMS up, zone, fling/burst/fullauto tactic (cheesy, but perfectly legal). Or a trader that Divest/plunders, roots and then crits to holy hell and back. Food for thought.
    Last edited by Obergeist; Mar 25th, 2002 at 06:37:36.
    Perfection breeds weakness.

Obergeist-Burning bright, Above the head ghost

Mdgprogram-Fearful symmetry <---beat the every lovin' crap out of a level 60 soldier at 49

Stronger, better, faster, push it

The Troll Corps want you!tm
    General in the Troll Corps tm

There is no such thing as pvp-gods. Everything and everyone can be killed. Traders kills MPs, soldiers kills traders, docs kills soldiers and so on... and the world goes around.
    ~Lone

Oh, my bad.

Traders have a very good chance of killing most the other professions.

Better then average I'd say...

Since the game play allows crits to dominate, shotguns will be in most everyone's hands, except for melee classes and alpha guns.

Mdgprogram-Fearful symmetry <---beat the every lovin' crap out of a level 60 soldier at 49

So its traders fault that shotguns have high crits? Anyone can wield a shotgun. And who cares about high crits when damage is 40% capped anyway? Almost any weapon gets capped when they crit anyway.
    ~Lone

Let me rephrase that..

Shotguns have some of the highest chances to hit the 40% hp cap with a crit BARRING special attacks.

Traders have a natural advantage in using shotguns, since when they pull a ransack/deprive or divest/plunder, their skills go up, while their opponets skills go down. Thus Traders stand a reasonable chance against pretty much all the other classes, with a MP that gets the first debuff in, a well played Enforcer, and a high level soldier giving them headaches. Docs can be lethal too.

Fair enough? Now how about letting the other eight professions PvP too. Reduce the amount of crits in PvM and PvP, then you can tone down the #%^%#ing mobs.

You'll never have profession balance, but it's just insane for one profession to dominate some many others.

However until FC does something drastic soon, my theory about the school girl still stands.

Originally posted by Noer
    So its traders fault that shotguns have high crits? Anyone can wield a shotgun. And who cares about high crits when damage is 40% capped anyway? Almost any weapon gets capped when they crit anyway.
    Traders are the ONLY class that can get 1k+ shotgun skill, causing crits with every shot (assuming they have a scope and LMA or better).

Oh yeah, people only think MP are gods in pvp, because of the level 6-74 atrox beam weilders. Which are nothing but Enforcers with pets.

Blanch, think commas. Had to read that a few times to understand it. And in case you're wondering, no, I have nothing relevant to say.

Xeraseus
    Xeraseus

Why do I keep playing? *edit* disreguard, ditched this game *edit*

Why Can't Chown Save?

Biding my time until the time is right........

Re: MP's are not gods!

Originally posted by Blanch
    Granted class has a lot advantages please think before you say something like mp's are funcom's love child or are gods. If you haven't played an mp yourself you would have no idea how unplayable MP's were before they received a patch.
    Well i have played a MP and i agree pathing is poor etc. The reason i ranted on the board was because of the stuns, in the time you could chain stun and switch on god mood. Imo every class should have an anathma and for MPs it;s rooters, and enforcers with the ability to "scare" them off. So no PvPs aren't gods (anymore).

I got a free month for getting another friend into the game, think we can have such a scheme for selling crack ?

The only reason crits are a problem is that the 50% damage nerf allows fights to last long enought to make crits the best viable way of winning a fight. Before the 50% nerf a crit was just something extra, it was a bonus that if it happend was nice but not the prime reason to pick a gun.

Put damage back to 100% you fix the pvp crit imbalance without effecting a trader or anyone else that does pvm using a shotgun. You fix the imbalance healing currently has in pvp as well.

Then! You remove downtime from pvp deaths, make it 0 seconds so heck, you die fast but you can just run right back into the fight.

Then! Add objective play where pvp it more about taking and holding objectives and you have fixed AO pvp without harming the pvm aspect.

Melbring 90 Fixer RK2

Originally posted by Drkrawn

Traders are the ONLY class that can get 1k+ shotgun skill, causing crits with every shot (assuming they have a scope and LMA or better).
    wtf? That is so much not true. Anyone able to put on a shotgun can get that. Anyone can put on a good scope, anyone can get UVC. Doesn't change ****e that you are titled as trader. Even your MA can do it if you really want to.
    ~Lone

Really have to disagree with 100% damage without tighter caps there are currently.

Now this thread is going away from how MPs aren't uber l33+ PvP gods. Picture a Demon pet on your ass with 100%.

Originally posted by Noer

wtf? That is so much not true. Anyone able to put on a shotgun can get that. Anyone can put on a good scope, anyone can get UVC. Doesn't change ****e that you are titled as trader. Even your MA can do it if you really want to.
    Shotgun skill, dark blue, caps for title 5 at 524 (+/- about 50, Celestiness knows the exact number). Add 200 for ql200 implants, and you get 724. Throw a 132 wrangle on that (which is not practical to do before each battle) and you get 856. no where NEAR 1k. sure, i could equip a ql199 snakemaster on my MA, but that would leave me with an attack rating of 724. Try shooting someone with 1k evades and you will quickly see how viable that would be. Traders can self buff shotgun skill (which maxes much higher than 524 for title 5) by 435 along with ALL attack skills, while at the same time DEBUFFING the opponent for 348. Now i know that Plunder is 190% nano resist, but it VERY hard to resist after the initial divest that puts the traders nano skills at around 1k.

Ober i agree about the tighter caps but they need to be rethought anyway. there is nothing fun about being killed by a person 70 levels higher than you, i know from expereince but damage caps dont help now with that so 100% damage isnt too much different, at least not to me atm.

Just remember im for zero downtime in combination with 100% damage so if you do suddenly get killed by a player your up and ready to go right away, not nearly as frustrating as cooling your heals while you wait on rez as it is now. Really thats what pisses me off the most about gettin waxed by a higher level character, the downtime.

But like i said, i agree over lvl 75 there needs to be several level ranges implemented to keep pvp in its respective lvls, in my honest opinion anything over a 15 level difference is extreem.

Also i personaly think that if objective play where introduced it may take away from some of the high lvl ganking we see today but there will allways be idiots out there looking to piss someone off. So now ill add a request for several lvl restriction groups for pvp over lvl 75 to my endless struggle for pvp that means more than having a synonym for noob tagged infront of your name.

Melbringi 90 Clan Fixer RK2

Originally posted by Obergeist
    Really have to disagree with 100% damage without tighter caps there are currently.

Now this thread is going away from how MPs aren't uber l33+ PvP gods. Picture a Demon pet on your ass with 100%.
    a fully buffed demon only do 590 min damage and hit for that 90% of the time and hit pretty slow too (no idea why it's slow, it have a +900 init buff on...) so demons aren't that dangerous even with 100%.

I outdamage my demon with alot in PvM so the demon doesn't change much if it was 100% damage.

I want UVC on my demon! :P
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

25% damage in pvp and 200 % heal wooooooot i am all for it

lets make it so a level 75 can fight a level 165

woooooot (o wait they can)