Thread: Hi, I just reactivated my account!

Thumbs up Hi, I just reactivated my account!

And all I can say is W O W !!! I can't believe this is the same game I (we) all tried playing at launch. I quit back in August and downloaded the free trial, and got my old account back today, old characters and all. I can actually run through the major cities without hearing my hard drive thrash to pieces, FPS is excellent.

One thing I have noticed today though is the lack of people. I have been running around Tir and the Athens cities area. There are only a few people around here and there

I went to west Athens, the newbie starting place, west of the main city. I remember at launch standing outside by that sign with a couple of severed heads hanging from it, people were all over the place. Everyone was standing around the sign teaminmg up and going to the beach or somewhere. People were hanging out by the bank and save terminals, peopple were at the mission terminals; you had to squeez your way through to get a mission, and try not to click on someone instead of the machine, that's how crouded it was. Today.... hardly anyone around at all. There was no one hanging by the sign, only a few people by the mission terminals. How do peoplpe team up anymore?

Same thing in East and West Athens too. Most people were hanging out by the whompa it seemed. Outside in the junk yard... no one around, no one at the missions, nobody nowhere.

Is something common now? I hope not, cause these places used to be booming!

I fired up AO because I heard how great it plays now. I'll tell you what, it's true. It runs great, I love AO, it's a very engrossing game, and it's fun. I just really hope people pick it up,or come back or try it out like I did. Because I'm staying with it now. The issues I had with AO have been adressed, and I'm enjoying it now. I just hope more people come back, I want to team up again and see people. Glad I'm back though

Chris

Film director extraordinairre RandaZ's Avatar
    Most of the people have levelled somewhat since august. So they're usually in the far off places, except for those trading and mission preping around the wompas. The rest, well... they're busy on this board swearing and cursing at Funcom in between performing Voodoo hexes on the dev team and penciling in the names of the company managers and their pets on a list.

Oh, and then there are a few of us clueless folk that seem to be relatively blissfully happy on Rubi-Ka. And no, you can't have a puff.

Tap
    Slotine Zembower
    R.U.R. Member (RK1)

Tappert Solminski
    Tailor of Rome-Blue (RK1) [currently MIA]

Wink

AO has reached the point where all the best levelling spots have been found, and that's where most players are hanging around these days.

Ah, I wish I could find a team to try and take on ( = getting slaughtered by ) some Pit Lizards or Sand Demons and the like and have some fun instead of getting 10+ levels a day and getting bored real quick in the Mort static dungeons. Anyone ?

Re: Hi, I just reactivated my account!

Originally posted by chriskc
    One thing I have noticed today though is the lack of people. I have been running around Tir and the Athens cities area. There are only a few people around here and there
    Are you on RK1 or RK2? Omni areas on RK1 at US peak times are usually pretty crowded. Not sure about clan areas as I just fly above Athen, Tir, etc.

And yes, like someone said, there are certain places in the game where EVERYBODY goes now. Can we say Broken Shores or Pleasant Meadows? Guh.

Lag, crash, lag, crash.
    Babette, Frenetic, Misophist, Yardleigh.
    "I am the queen of France!!!"

Rejected.
    Ah, L'Amour!
    Bitter Films

Hi again. Well, I guess I have to learn where the hot spots are and try and team up I guess. I play on RK-1. I'll try going to the few places you all just mentioned though, thanks.

Chris

Originally posted by reality
    AO has reached the point where all the best levelling spots have been found, and that's where most players are hanging around these days.
    Well, there's actually a couple factors to this.

First, a lot of the low leveling areas were found by Funcom and nerfed. (Temple? nerfed. OT camps in VW? nerfed. Tooth? nerfed. etc.....)

So then people started finding new areas and hang out there. Plus Funcom has added outposts into the game which tends to spread out parties looking for groups. After launch, you could barely walk at the Tir West OP because of the lag from the 50+ people that would be standing there. Now most of the time I walk by there, there isn't a single person.

But also there are a lot of high levelers now, so they congregate at the areas for the higher levels. Now if you got to Home in Broken Shores, I frequently lose team members due to Link Dead trying to zone into Home.

But basically, find some people to hang with, and you'll eventually find the new hunting spots. I came back at the end of January and it took me about a month to get back into the flow of things, but now I have to tell people "No I can't team, I'm already in one" frequently.
    Doctor Valen, Omni Medic
    Keeper Mezathras