Thread: Zoom out bug?

Question Zoom out bug?

Im having problems rotating and zooming my camera.. I always play in 3rd person perpective, as I feel it gives better oversight. Often, to my great dismay, when I rotate and\or zoom the camera, it suddenly "jumps" and zooms out like.. 2000x .. So i have to press the "+" button for like 10 secs to get back in.. and when this happens during battles it causes problems for both me and my team.. Anyone know a fix\workaround to this problem?

thanks in advance,
    ph0ng//Skrekk//Vrede187

Well, I dont know if this would be considered a work around, per se. And it sure as heck is not a fix. But what I do is hit F8 twice. This will throw you into 1st person, then back to 3rd person. The angle will be the same, but the camera will zoom in on you really fast. Seems faster than hitting the "+" key.

Hope this helps.

Actually Ive tried that, but when I hit F8 to jump back out of 1st person view, the camera will still be where it was before I went in 1st person, ie. miles away from me and my team

sometimes repeatidly hitting "5" in the keypad will zoom you in fair chunks at a time. Usually takes around 5-6 quick presses to zoom you back.

SOMETIMES that is., sometimes it won't work, sometimes it will only zoom you in to the normal maximum distance, other times i will zoom into the normal distance but opposite angle like it is suppose to.
    Mick "Nuggethunter" McMullet
    Lvl 191 Soldier
    Loyal Advisor of Trinity 'till my last breath

Plain and simple.... NERF bracers in PvP

Hey, I’m uh.. I’m not a lumberjack or a fur trader. And I don't live in an igloo or eat blubber or own a dogsled.
    And I don't know Jimmy, Sally or Suzy from Canada, although I am certain they're really really nice.
    I have a Prime Minister, not a President. I speak English and French, not American. And I pronounce it "About" not "A boot".
    I can proudly sew my country's flag on my backpack. I belive in peacekeeping, not policing. Diversity, not assimilation.
    And that the beaver is a truly proud and noble animal. A toque is a hat. A chesterfield is a couch.
    And it is pronounced "Zed"! not "Zee".. "Zed"! Canada is the second largest landmass, the first nation of hockey,
    And the best part of North America! My name is Nugget… and I am Canadian!!!

Obviously Im not the only one having this problem.. Doesnt anyone know about a proper fix? Its driving me insane!

~Vrede187~