Thread: Critical Hit Calculations

Question Critical Hit Calculations

I'd like to take a stab at writing my own utilities for managing weapons and doing comparison analysis. Does anyone know how frequently critical hits occur? Is it a simple percentage of times a weapon is fired?

Its a percentage on the hit. I think each weapon has a crit modifier that can increase the amount of crits.

Seek out CaptFallout (RK1) he wrote a good util on calcuating damage for weapons, he may have more insight.

-Ballpin

I think it was a small chance with a bonus depending on how much your skill is above oponents evade skills.

well "theoretically" it is 3% for players, plus any enhancers (nano's or items), plus the evades factor wich is WORKING now woo hoo... sorry, dont think you can define it til you understand the #'s behind evades, which is a "mysterious" thing.
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

I read somewhere that it's something like :
    base 3%
    + nano bonus
    + equip bonus (low-light scope)
    + (attack skill - evade skill)/10
    Now, I'm unclear if there is a max cap (ie, can it reach 100% if evade is real low?) or min cap (ie, does low attack skill vs high evades => 0%)...

The formula I saw was attack skill/Evade skill. A ratio instead of straight difference.

So if attack skill is double evade skill then
    AS/ES = 2
    2/10 = 20%
    plus the other factors you listed.

hey nutbar, where did you see the formula.. do they have any validation or is it just 'intuition'?

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Re: Critical Hit Calculations

Originally posted by Cetai
    I'd like to take a stab at writing my own utilities for managing weapons and doing comparison analysis. Does anyone know how frequently critical hits occur? Is it a simple percentage of times a weapon is fired?
    You should look at Vampi's old guide if you want a headstart. His spreadsheet doesn't include critical hit calculation, but there's some info for the formula on the page.

http://home.austin.rr.com/shakti/weapeval.htm
    -Cheddar-

Some free advice
    Don't beg. It makes you look like a beggar.

This is quote from Vampi's page, which quotes the Sybex guide:

According to the Sybex guide, your chance of scoring a critical is always at least 3%, increasing by an additional 1% for every 10% by which your Attack value exceeds your opponent's evade value. So if your attack value were exactly twice that of your opponent's evade, then you have a 13% chance of scoring a critical on any given attack.

Thanks bro, send me a tell when your looking to test those chairs, we buff you up good

ROFLOL