Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how about fixing the game disconnects im sick of it

how about fixing the game disconnects im sick of it

zone into 20k
    get disconnect, try to reconnect, player logged in, wait 10min, log back in disconnected in the middle of log in, try to relogin, player already logged in. My whole F*cking group had this happen on the through 20k and on the way back BOTH F*CKING TIMES!!!! this is such bs, im absoulutely livid.

I atleast have the capability to speak in a manner in which I can get my problems accross without using the F word, or calling people names when they try and help.

"**** *** *** *** **** game sucks and *** ** ***** ***** "

Thats not how you get a response here.

Wink

Ever since Funcom tried to fix the problem with disconecting and crashes those issiues have just turned a lot worse.

It is a bit like when they tried to fix AC bug on MOBs, and just ended up with more MOBs with that AC bug.

I guess it is about time someone explained this with checking if patches work at test server properly first.

Talking

Well smokejag, your problem is a bit of a pain,,
    but try to imagine if you were a clanner and had the exact problem but got cought in OMNI TRADE as you gridded in and tryied to cross that little area to make if to that 20k whompa

simple enough,, but wait lagg lagg lagg,, and with those nasty OMNI guards camping the grid access,,, then you get the disconnect,, after you relogg in and it said you were already in 5 times,, you find yourself in the reclaim area

and then a week later you do it all over again, lol

I've never had any problems disconnecting when i go to 20k. I know for some others this may be so but sometimes you can easily tell if you will get disconnected if your computer cannot handle the flow.

-Sentouki

Well, first off, I've never had any problems zoning into 20K.

But, what I have noticed is people in my Guild are experiencing crash-loops when trying to zone into 20K (Occationally happening in BS, as well). You know...where you zone in, crash, then try to log back in and you crash again, over and over... If it was happening to me, I'd be extrememly upset, as they are. I sincerely hope that someone over at FC is checking into this. My personal take is that the servers that handle these areas are not up for the job. With all the mission-running (etc), it bogs down with much player activity.
    Eowyyn General of Black Sun
    Doc in Training

Unhappy

Continuous crashings have happened to me on a regular basis and not regarding where I was zoning or if I was even zoning somewhere. Last time the game crashed during a mission and when I finally managed to log back on (with several computer reboots-scandisks in the meantime) every MOB that I had already killed had respawned (including the one in the room where I reappeared)!! Fortunately enough I had an extra-pet in my inventory to take care of that one (I'm an Eng) caus' the pet I had before the crash had of course disappeared!
    Sometimes I can play an entire evening without crashing but MOST of the time 1) I have to retry half a dozen times to log on in the first place (losing usually half an hour rebooting my computer) and 2) the game crashes at least twice (and preferably when I zone it seems) during the evening.
    It's been like this since I registered and I kinda got used to it but it doesn't make it less necessary for a quick fix! I dunno if it's related to my hardware but it is far than enough for the game requirements so it SHOULD WORK.

Originally posted by Arterous
    I atleast have the capability to speak in a manner in which I can get my problems accross without using the F word, or calling people names when they try and help.

"**** *** *** *** **** game sucks and *** ** ***** ***** "

Thats not how you get a response here.
    LOL You can talk as nice as you want and have a rainbow come flying out of your ass and they still will not listen. Arterous ppl are sick of this, we have had 2 patches since all the disconects and missions resets and nothing has been fixed and we have not heard anything from FC about it. So Arterous, 1. You're the last person on this forum that could ever tell someone to watch their attitude and not call other people names. 2. Let ppl vent, at least they still have that power.

Well, when saying things like that (the offensive kind) you have to remember one thing.

Most likely, only us, the players, will see it.

So even if the tone doesn't matter that much when it comes to getting an answer posted, a lot of people will see those word, and some of us do get offended by it.

And for all we know, they might read more than they appear to be.
    *poof*

Finally free from this nightmare!

Thumbs down

Same here. Broken Shores. Need I say more? Crash loop there twice last night. Had to get an ARK to reset me.

I noticed since the last patch I go LD a lot more. In fact, it crashed me so bad I had to reinstall AO. Well, I didn't want to spend forever trying to download patches so I spent forever d/ling the game from the site. LOL

Well, now not only do I crash EVEN more I have a memory leak and have to reboot every hour at least.

Funcom, what is wrong with the download version of the game. I never had a memory leak problem til now.

It is very sickening, especially when you are in a great team and doing well, then to get booted out then log back in to find they replaced you cause you took too long relogging.

Very unexceptable.
    - Cyrus Cyblade7 Crown
    - General of Redemption

i have problems daily in 20k. i get dissconnected all the time. Also, I get stuck trying to log back in. wont bother to go into detail because this thread will get deleted later today anyways with the thread title being written from a 13 year old.
    Frelo - Level 29 Fixer (and loving every minute of it)

Anahata - Level 110 Solitus Trader
    Khephra - Level 6 Solitus Engineer
    Zaum - Level 8 Nanomage MP
    Merkaba715 - Level 50 Nanomage NT (Sleeping till NT's are fixed)
    Dimholt - Level 10 Atrox Enforcer
    Omni
    Rubi-Ka 1

'The only ones that see the end of war are the dead' - Plato

Question Re: 20K

Originally posted by Nanodood
    But, what I have noticed is people in my Guild are experiencing crash-loops when trying to zone into 20K (Occationally happening in BS, as well). You know...where you zone in, crash, then try to log back in and you crash again, over and over...
    This happens to me a lot too, and I don't know if it's my computer or the server. I have a Celeron 600, 8MB Video, 196MB Ram (Laptop. hehe) and a 2MBit internet connection.

If I set the View Distance to 0% before I log into areas as 20k etc u will not be disconnected, always works for me, sounds like a client or server problem?

If it is a server problem then the server is not sending players positions to your client when it's a x distance between you and the player (View Distance 0%)

If the server still sends the other players position to u, then it has to be a client problem?

I have no idea

Krabbus - Level 97 Engineer

There are a lot of issues involved in disconnects that has nothing to do with Funcom. lately the net has been plagues by flaky routers, and sometimes there will be clogging on the way between the server and your machine. That is the way internet works, learn to deal with it. As more and more people get high bandwith connection that problem is going to escalate. In about 2-5 years I am affraid we'll be back in the "good" old days of 14.4 as far as speed goes...

Also a people have a tendency to install alot of programs on their computers (imagine that ). While this is sometimes both useful and fun it can seriously damage the stability of said machines. This is also way beyond Funcom's control.

I run the game on an AMD K6-2 350 with 256 MB RAM and a 16 MB TNT graphics card. Sure there have been some disconnections, but mostly those could be tracked to general network problems (I know this because my friend goes LD from EQ at the same time).

I really think some people are too quick at pointing fingers. try to learn some basic faulttracking before screaming bloody murder...

Ehm?

Originally posted by LCreek
    (...) I run the game on an AMD K6-2 350 with 256 MB RAM and a 16 MB TNT graphics card. Sure there have been some disconnections, but mostly those could be tracked to general network problems (I know this because my friend goes LD from EQ at the same time).

I really think some people are too quick at pointing fingers. try to learn some basic faulttracking before screaming bloody murder...
    Ehm, I agree but did u read my post? The one just before yours...

Krabbus

well, this problem has been plagueing many of us since november

not so much disconnects that have to do with a specific area, so much as AO crashing our modems.

and it's not just dialup users.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...hp?threadid=14

the most read thread in the technical support forum.

still no fix.

I'd have to say that this is probably the biggest problem with AO.

it'd be one thing if the crash just took out AO. But it kicks us offline. and that's a very good sign of something extremely bad happening.

Originally posted by The Evil Couch
    well, this problem has been plagueing many of us since november

not so much disconnects that have to do with a specific area, so much as AO crashing our modems.

and it's not just dialup users.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...hp?threadid=14

the most read thread in the technical support forum.

still no fix.

I'd have to say that this is probably the biggest problem with AO.

it'd be one thing if the crash just took out AO. But it kicks us offline. and that's a very good sign of something extremely bad happening.
    I read through that thread. Well some of it. The one thing I noticed was that Exodus Communications was run by seemingly incompotent people. Blocking ICMP is not a nice thing to do. That has been fixed now.

Seeing as there are no obvious patterns here leads me to belive that this is probably several problems, not one. And definitely not one that is easy to fix. From time to time the internet is working at less then optimal efficiency. I know from our days at EQ. Sometimes that would be completely unplayable with over 50% packetloss, while at other times it would be perfect... Thats the way of life on the net.

A sad fact is that a big portions of the net is run by paranoid and somtimes incompotent sysops... And if that was not enough even systems run by the best people somtimes crashes, like this weekend where big portions of nordunet was lying in ashes and the KPNQuest lines where down (through wich most of Norway, Sweeden and Finland's traffic to the US are routed). Two days before that a DNS at my ISP went ballistic and sent my signals in all sorts of strange directions making whole portions of the net unavailable.

All these things are very annoying, but there is really nothing I can do about it, and really noone I can blame either.

I am not saying that all of the problems people are experiencing has nothing to do with Funcom. There are probably still a lot to be desired when it comes to their network layer, but after reading a lot of posts on this board I get the feeling that a lot of people lack the understanding that the internet is a very dangerous place for those little packets that travels between the gameserver and the client. It is really a miracle that we can play these tyes of games at all IPv4 is really outdated, but alas the change to IPv6 has not even started.

Unhappy Server instability :(

I'm sick of it too.

I don't buy the argument that these diconnections are the Internet's fault, or my PC's fault or my software setup. I used to get very few disconnections until a couple of patches ago.

Now I get disconnected all the time and go into crash loops every now and then. These mainly happen in busy area's like BS or Tir but have also happened in un-populated area's like shops. I actually lost two planes and a boat due to one of these crashes while in the Tir Superior store

I have not changed my hardware, software or ISP. Just the patches in AO and now I get disconnected all the time. Also, how do you explain whole groups of people being disconnected at the same time? We all have the same ISP? Don't think so.

The bottom line is that too many many people are experiencing these problems to just be ignored by Funcom. As far as I am aware, they haven't even acknowledged that there is a problem.

Zones crash all the time as well, I suppose that would be my fault as well, or maybe my ISP's?

Funcom needs to take some action to address the issue. They can start by letting us know that they are aware of the problem.

And LCreek, about basic fault tracking, most of the people who complain about disconnections (including myself) usualy state that AO is the only thing that gets disconnected, file transfers continue, web browsing still works, ie, their Internet connection is still active.

Some people are too quick to defend those that don't deserve to be defended. Let Funcom's action (or lack of) speak for them!

thanks for taking a look at the thread, at least.

Well some of it. The one thing I noticed was that Exodus Communications was run by seemingly incompotent people. Blocking ICMP is not a nice thing to do. That has been fixed now.
    I'm not knowledgable about networking or things like that, the Army hasn't given me much time to learn, but when I do a tracert to funcom's server and somewhere in Exodus.net I get stopped by timeouts, or when I try to ping fun soft's server I get ping timeouts, I can't help but think that something's wrong with the way their network's set up.

I mean, I realize you can't teach me all about protocols and networking, but can you at least give me some insight into this? or better yet, give funcom some insight into it.

Note: everyone that I've talked to cannot ping or complete a tracert on funsoft. even those that have no problem playing the game.

It's been theorized that the problem is that some video cards are not trapping a draw error, caused by packet loss, which means that the video card locks when it tries to draw, the OS takes over and instead of freezing the system, tries to kill the source, which is the internet connection.

Hell if I know if that's right, but it's the only theory we've got besides funcom saying that there's "something" the our ISPs do that keeps it from recognizing that AO is internet traffic and our ISPs disconnecting us....which is a load of crap. Anti-idle programs do nothing, and I've stayed idle on my connection for hours at a time.

BAH! I just want to play the game. :/
    Last edited by The Evil Couch; Mar 27th, 2002 at 14:06:36.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast