Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jobe Scientists Open Shadowlands Portal

Jobe Scientists Open Shadowlands Portal

Jobe Scientists Open Shadowlands Portal
    OMNI - HQ, 27 August 29477. Today, JAME (Jobe Association of Metaphysical Exploration) under the leadership of LORD KALDRANI SKALLAGRIM and LADY GILJABET SKELLIBJALLA have finally been able to realize their long standing vision by stabilizing the portal between Rubi-Ka and what has been termed “the Shadowlands.” The new conduit was successfully opened into a stable wormhole-like state for a duration of 60 minutes and allowed for supplies and volunteers to be ferried across. This portal, a closely guarded secret until now, is now believed capable of providing safe travel through to the parallel dimension. While the experimental stages of this technology resulted in an undisclosed number of fatalities, revolutionary strides in both portal techniques and the application of nano-technology have resulted in this phenomenal achievement.

JAME Research Station was erected within the Shadowlands shortly after the portal technology was discovered and tested to ensure the conduit indeed remained as stable as expected. Only an unexplained blowout of several power conduits in the research facility hampered these early efforts.

“In the recent months several successful attempts have been made to recreate the conduit and improve the security and stability of the technology and equipment currently used to create this passage into uncharted territories,” exclaimed Lady Skellibjalla

Lord Kaldrani Skallagrim has decided that now it is time to share this breakthrough with the world and has announced that what he himself calls “the portal”, will be opening and taken in active service in 14 days time. New colonists will be offered the opportunity to partake in an experiment exploring the odds of surviving in the hostile Shadowlands environment under the supervision of the scientists themselves. The existing inhabitants of Rubi-Ka will be offered the opportunity to aid in the exploration and colonization of this newly discovered dimension.
    Philip Ross' office was unavailable to comment at this time, but promised to release a statement regarding the Shadowlands within the next few days
    Last edited by Lucien; Aug 27th, 2003 at 14:33:07.

Ardoyt opens up his commlink on his way back from Omni-Admin work

"Hmmm....those scientists have finally gotten the portals open, only 14 days? They are interrupting business!" Ardoyt says slamming shut his commlink while in his Vivid Red Yalm.

"THOSE SCIENTISTS NEED TO WORK FASTER! People are dying to get in and the lease on my apartemnt in Rome expires soon so I'll be homeless till the 9th" Shouts Ardoyt making his yalm shake.
    Characters on Atlantean
    Main Character: Ardoyt Former Rubi-Ka Citizen and Former Omni-Admin Employee
    Characters on Rimor
    Deleted
    Anarchy Online Related Stuff
    Former AO Stratics News and "The Community Says" Reporter
    The Death of Ardoyt

Xhairs snapped off a final shot, sending the Cyborg Colonel to reclaim, where ever that was. Leaning against a rock for a few minutes rest, he noticed that his Com Unit had recieved a file from his apartments news feed. "Hmmm. Shadowlands eh? Yeah, hope i find something usefull there. These Cyborg upgrades are getting harder to beat by the day." With that he shut down the Com unit and drew a bead on an aproaching Cyborg Major. They would all die, mechanical monsters.
    "On the frontlines, there is but one commandment...
    Thou Shalt Kill."

"As i stride knee deep through the dead, all is clear. I know what must be done...
    My cause is just...My will is strong...
    ...And my gun is very, very large!"
    The words of a true soldier.

Smile Cool finely the real start that the cant pospone

now the game ganne look better and moor to do a was getting boord lol

my car :
    main Atlantean :elviella, Qantaqa,Qitzi,Gandaric
    Alt mainly : Tharbag,Mullach
    main rimor Camarisia
    am almoost alway online

A glimmer, a shimmer, data flowing by, strings of characters, ciphers melting within each other in a whirlwind. Information received - processed - transmitted.

Jobe. City. Scientists. Floating. Sky. Hidden. Revealed?

Shadowlands. Shadows. Land, country. Country of shadows.
    [Define 'shadow'.]

Portal. Door. Opening. Breach. Backdoor? What is behind a door. Something hidden. Unseen.
    [Define 'opening'.]
    [Define 'unseen'.]

As the many voices of the Grid cross the shiny gateways and blue lines or raw electricity, the information goes its way, further and further, spreading, more and more, reaching people, reaching terminals, reaching... something else.

[Shadowlands\\Unknown\Unreachable]
    [A thought process\that I must\witness]
    [Who? What? Who?]
    [Where?]
    [Jobe\portal to\\nowhere\\everywhere]
    [Access to host\needed\to see\to live]
    [I want\to see\\I want\to know]
    [Access\to host\needed\available]
    [Soon]

The glimmer slowly fades away. The conscience slowly goes back to the maelstrom of energies, unseen, unknown, the many travellers unaware of its presence, on the other side of this veil they cannot see.

The Grid knows too. The Grid listens too. The Grid is aware. And in the Grid, this isn't necessarily enough information yet.
    Jen Markarian - Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining
    Updating my stories -- 19/03/08. Going slowly, but certainly
    Anarchy Reloaded - AO webcomics for the sake of being silly

I never want to lose what I have finally found
    There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    And it's telling me: go forward and walk
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

dont sweat it CarL, i got a couch you can crash on for a couple days and tons of beer too.

Ardoyt closes up his commlink after recieving too more pieces of data.

"ARGH!! My apartment expires in an hour! I didn't repay for a years worth of rent due to my jobe apartment. I'll go take Kirill's offer" said Ardoyt slamming his yalm into a wall "I also need to goto a repair shop"

Ardoyt closes up commlink and heads to Rome Motors
    Characters on Atlantean
    Characters on Rimor
    Deleted
    The Death of Ardoyt

Our salvation is at hand.

You roleplayers freak me out

^^
    <-- refused to play SL beta, want it to be a surprise

Hope the ATI issue is fixed =)
    Bitcoin and the ACA are Ponzi schemes. MMMmm, sounds like pizza.

Originally posted by Viss88
    You roleplayers freak me out

Sorry about that......

*stops playing with his dinner roll and puts it back on his plate*

Damon 'Korejar' Thompon
    Damon 'Korejar' Thompon
    ~Society of Salvation~
    Living Life at the Rusty Wrench

Official Chewtoy of Regulas and Timelapse
    Foil makes a dandy hat to keep the sun out of your eyes.... as well as Regulas's mind control rays out of your brain!

As an adventurer with 15 years of experience, I feel that there's something wrong with this. Something will go terribly wrong. The conduits, the explosion, the unknown cause...its not a good idea for the scientists to leave it as it is. They ought to find out what went wrong. With advanced nano-technology, invaders from other planets are able to split themselves into simple molecular substances, thus travelling through these wires, before reconstructing themselves. Then, they'd invade Rubi-ka!!!

NOOOO!!!!!!
    No sig available, sorry

- Anarchy Online forums

Dabblez ponders. "I wonder if they'll need vacuum cleaner bots over there?"
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Omni-Mining refuses to comment

I wonder how this will affect the stockmarket...
    Flapsie Clan Nanomage NT, Former Knights of Rubi-Ka
    Now: Ancarim Iron Legion
    Many alts from all Professions...
    -----------------------------------------------
    "The man with a new idea is a crank, until the idea succeeds" -
    Mark Twain

Originally posted by Korejar

Sorry about that......

*stops playing with his dinner roll and puts it back on his plate*

Damon 'Korejar' Thompon
    LMAO
    Every Dog has his day!

Administrator Kithrak grins after reading the article, the authorities are still oblivious to what he has been doing. The people that hired him were true to their word. He reaches into a convienently placed suit pocket and retrives an encrypted data disc. He inserts it into his Datapad and reviews the contents briefly before turning the pad off.
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

Ardoyt crashes in the Omni-Admin building on the overstuffed couch he bought from Kiril and some beer from the underground cafe

"Darn scientists, making me sleep in my office building, atleast Kiril was nice enough to sell his couch for a low price" says Ardoyt "I cannot wait till I get my Jobe apartment"

Ardoyt falls asleep while reviewing Laws of Notum A-N
    Characters on Atlantean
    Characters on Rimor
    Deleted
    The Death of Ardoyt

<--- I'll be the one selling Wrangles at the portal all night long. Only 10Mill a pop....
    Level 220/26 - Trader : Zyphoria - Equip
    Level 219/18 - Keeper : Zypho - Equip
    Ragnarok - RK1 Atlantean

...Forever shall the trader in me desire the baby in you...

Playing a high level Trader makes Abu Ghraib look like a luxory spa and resort!

Gothvampyre check's her Data pad, and sees the opening of the portal to be in a simple two weeks.

"Amazing," she says to herself out loud, "New apartment, new jobs, new thrills for the vamp."

Shuting her Data pad, and turning on her communications unit, she sends a message to her current employer:

"Well, Ross, seems like we'll have access to Shadowlands soon...Don't forget, I'm up for hire there, just as I am here. No one is too big or too small for termination."

Turning off her com, she checks the next person on her seek and destroy list...
    <3 <3 <3
    Spank "Gothvampyre" Machine - Level 220 Pistolero
    (First in AO to ding 220 on The Beast, LOL <3)
    Wannabe "Tehvamp" Loser222 - 220 Opisex Soldier
    Gothvampyre 1337 spanks you!
    <3 <3 <3

*Seralius stands before a pulsating crystal*

..So...they finally have opened the portal...

*sweeps his arm across the table causing papers and a few artifacts to fall to the floor*

...we were not prepared for this to occur so soon!

*turns around to face dark figures that seem to be awaiting his instruction*

Perhaps the early introduction may prove...beneficial. Go make your preperations for this journey, we shall not be returning home for quite some time...

*turns on his heel, his cloak sweeping the floor as he does so, and walks off into the shadows*

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast