Thread: State of the game !

State of the game !

I've been playing ao since day 2, through all the crashing and patches, I've played a multitude of characters, 2 of which made post 120. The following is mostly a rant on what I feel needs attention in the upcoming patches

BTW, most of these comments are post lvl 100 orientied.

Lack of feedback/ability to fix game problems-
    Everyone and their pet monkey I'm sure has lost crap in crashes. I personally have lost million upon millions of credits and countless high end items. I have sent petitions and emails about this, with only "Gee, sorry, your screwed" msgs back. This doens't do anything. What about a GM killing me? I sent a petition, an ark got to me and told me to email it as well. So I send an email about it, zero response. a week later, now there is no evidence (since logs are only kept a week long). That's ****ty customer service.
    bottom line: I dont' care about your policies, I pay my 12 bucks a month, I want better customer service.

game balance is HORRIBLE (my god traders are overpowered)(YES THEY ARE) -
    Traders have the best weapon, best buffs, best debuffs, heals, roots. Shotguns are freakin overpowered, I don't see why a shotgun should be so damn powerful especially at long ranges. Why can a shotgun shoot as far as a rifle? That's ridicolous. Shotguns, hell, any weapons dmg should be modified with the range its fired from. (rifles do normal dmg at 40m, where as shotguns do normal dmg at 20m, and less as you get farther out)

What happened to MA's dimach??? ITS FREAKIN USELESS atm, it does the same dmg as a brawl crit, or a shotgun crit (since I'm bashing shotguns atm) A friend who plays an MA (currnetly 133) does 2500 dmg with dimach on a mob with fully upgraded dimach implants. why should a special attack that only comes around every 30 min, the ace up a ma's sleeve, do the same dmg as that brawl crit, shotgun crit, or any other special attack? MAKE IT WORTH SOMETHING.

ok, here is a interesting thought. At 120, with good implants, an mp can self cast a demon(one of their final pets). At 120, with the same implants an eng can cast a crappy bot. not only does an mp get one of their final pets, they get oen of their final heal pets, nukes, mez, nano shutdown. What does an eng get? ac buffs, useless reflect shield.
    "But Eng bots are forever!"
    after 14.2, no, they aren't. an eng will have to rely on an MP to output dmg.
    "Eng bots are MUCH better!"

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=16996

posted by Mega^|3io|2, he proves that eng pets aren't much better then MP pets. Engs are outclassed by MP's drastically.

Trimmers? - ya, they are neccessary to make your bot better, but they don't come CLOSE to making up what an mp holds over an eng.

Engineer bots are rooted with slightest of effort -

Why does a slayerdroid guaridan, the final eng bot, have so little nano resist?!?! dont' bother pvping with a slayer, it will get rooted easily, and you will be mopped up and sweeped under the rug. Don't forget about those missions where you wait for 5 mintues because a mob rooted your bot before it died

Fixer's dmg -
    Fixer's dont do enough dmg. Period. Most of them have to switch to shotguns to keep up. I heard new smg's are coming out though, but till then, UP THE DMG.
    Grid Armor - YES, good, finally something a fixer can look forward to(If they can get their hands on it). its bugged atm, Fix the bug.

Fixer only grid - Brilliant! The grid as we know it now wasn't even supposed to be used by other classes, so this is giving back uniqueness to this class.

Range (in general)
    Sucks. The range cap sucks, and long range weaponry/spells are so useless. (agents and NT's hurt) Fix this. (the higher range capabitliy you have, the closer your dmg is to "normal" at long distances?)

Agents-
    Need new rifles. I already heard they are putting in new rifles, I hope to go they are worth a damn, because the current rifle selection SUCKS (I'm talking post 100, the dmg is pathetic, makes me wanna eat my hat) Some agents who are 150+ (which are quite few) have tossed their rifles aside and switched to shotty (not hybrid rifles, pure shotty) that isn't right. NEW RIFLES NOW!

Stability/Lag-
    OH GOD COULD SOMEONE PLEASE STOP THE CONSTANT CRASHING. Is it me, or is it getting worse?? Traveling through a city used to be cool, now its a royal pain in the ass because you never know if AO will go tits up on you at every zone. Not to mention the royal chunkyness at BS and being stranded there because you can't load your char at all. (don't forget glass doors in missions, and invisible mobs that hit you while you can't zone, VERY VERY ANNOYING)

Lvling - hey, it sucks!
    Missions, missions, missions. Everything is missions now. I wouldnt' complain about missions, except the lag, crashy nature, not to mention MP/Crat/Eng pet pathing through missions SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I can't emphasize that enough)
    Xp is a BIG hassle post 100, we need more access to static hunting grounds OR less lag/crashing, and better pathing, perhaps different types of missions (which i hear are being worked on)

I really like this game, I do, But the patches are too few, too far in between. This is my first post ever, but I'm a long time gamer, and have read other posts as well. I'm pretty frustrated that this game is taking so long to develop closer to its Potential.

Flame on
    Last edited by Kegger2000; Mar 24th, 2002 at 21:20:16.

AGREED

This trader sh** is out of hand. I play an MA and i take pride in my crit buff. But it annoys the hell out of me when i try to pvp and theres a trader running around the same lvl as me, with twice the crit percentage as me and twice the crit damage. I've even got a scope on but half the traders out there got a ql 200 scope on by exploiting prepatch. "but ma's can heal" apparently not as well as traders can, not to mention their advantage in range, roots, debuffs, and specials that recycle every 30 seconds and yet do the same as dimach which takes 30 minutes.
    Best way to balance PVP? IMO buffs should be uneffective if you are not in a team with the person who buffed you. This may seem drastic but i think it would change pvp from a buff war to a skills war, and would make teaming in pvp more essential.

Those are just my 2 flaming cents
    GravyOmlet
    200 Martial Artist

Nothing new here, really. Still, these issues are important. Just correct the factual flaws in the post, please.

Someone from Funcom said, during beta4, that they would give the players the benefit of doubt. They would try not to be so damn afraid of giving people things back. Sure, someone can get a couple of more credits, but it doesn't matter if it makes other people who actually lost things happy.
    *poof*

Finally free from this nightmare!

agreed....you know what's funny? if 5 people around my level are hangin out in a 25% zone, and a 150+ clanner comes in, guess who they go for first? me, the fixer. why? 'cause they know i'd be an easy kill. of course, who isn't easy to kill when you crit for 4k every 2 seconds?

14.2 :
    less uber-twinkies; NT's and MA's will be balanced to rest, kind of.

potential problems i see in 14.2 :
    traders will still be able to get around the 20% skill cap. divests/plunders/ransacks SHOULD NOT STACK, and they shouldn't be so goddamned powerful...make one do weapons, one do nanos. i was fighting a trader once and won, and i thought it was kinda odd....then the trader came back with UVC, and divested the hell out of the mmd guard before attacking me. and guess what? instant-pwnage.

right now, crits are obscenely powerful. guns are no longer good because of their normal damage, but because of the crit modifier. i'm sorry, but when you can't fight without a ql 200 scope and UVC, something's wrong.

also, when that same trader can kill me and 2 others in under 10 seconds.....well, you know.

*disclaimer: these are all random, incoherent thoughts..i just woke up. take them how you will.

Angry angry

Well, I agree with every part of what has been said so far. I also, have been playing since around day 5ish and been through the crashes, the soldier shield nerf (main char is soldier), and many other debacles since then. What I dont understand is how they can take away a soldier's only ace in the hole, and not give anything back to fill the void. They took away the damage reflection, and never gave us !@#$ back. Soldier nano's are almost useless, HP buffs are worthless (highest hp buff is 400 hp'ish), regular shields dont do anything for protection (mobs hit you for 300 and it absorbs 17 of it woooo...) the masteries are alright, but thats all a soldier has! Oh well, im done complaining, i had to get that off my chest

GREAT post Discomonkey! I just started a Fixer as an experiment who was gonna use melee weapons... but I found 2 mini-shotguns and now I think I might try to dual-wield them on that character.

The problem is poor communication on FC's part. I mean, they need to tell us whether or not they intend to nerf shotguns/crits. If they like things the way they are, then fine, everyone can switch to shotgun and be happy... BUT what I see if FC staying "silent" and everyone switching to shotties, and then FC "silently" nerfing shotguns/crits.... so then everyone will be screwed...

Please FC, just tell us what your plans are and I"ll be ok w/it either way, but we need to know, and now, not tomorrow, not in an hour, in fact this very second.

id just like to point out one thing on the way u made out us MP's

how much NCU do u think we have a billion??? i have the BARE min ill need for when i can cast mochams and get a demon - 256 and thats with juggling BM infuse and BM exp

to be able to use a good nuke ud need 2 mochams active (or at least a infuse and a mocams active) thats 100 NCU gone first case and 90 gone in second
    all of what u said is possible but u have to juggle buffs and it just isnt worth it

other than that i agree
    I am a Pacman Ghost.

I like to hang around with friends, chatting, dancing, all that sort of thing. We don't appreciate outsiders, and do our best to discourage others approaching us. I enjoy occasionally wandering around randomly, and often find that when I do so, I get to where I wanted to be.

I taste of Death.

Doesn't everyone want a taste of death? Well they should. Most people deserve death. Keep away from me unless you think you're better than that. I probably won't like you.

Cpl. Damon "Moodyman" Kozar
    RSGE Division 9
    "Go For the Eyes Boo!!"
    Moodyman - 3rd Mp and last (i hope)
    lilmoody - everyone needs a break...

Originally posted by Bronto_Cowboy
    The problem is poor communication on FC's part. I mean, they need to tell us whether or not they intend to nerf shotguns/crits. If they like things the way they are, then fine, everyone can switch to shotgun and be happy... BUT what I see if FC staying "silent" and everyone switching to shotties, and then FC "silently" nerfing shotguns/crits.... so then everyone will be screwed...
    I know everyone hates my logic on this subject, but I have always said that if there is one path that universally offers less resistance than others, then it will eventually be changed. I think it's safe to say at this point that single-skill shoties are the one true path in AO right now, so they are probably the worst longterm bet for a character that you really care about.

That's just my opinion. I said the same thing about Freedom Arms back when everyone used those. Everyone flamed me. :)

I know everyone hates my logic on this subject, but I have always said that if there is one path that universally offers less resistance than others, then it will eventually be changed.
    I have to agree with you. The most successful strategies always get nerfed.
    Why did it have to take me 30 minutes to find a ql 50 mc cluster?
    Down with boring timesinks!
    Get rid of random shop inventory
    Do it for the children!

Originally posted by Zel

I have to agree with you. The most successful strategies always get nerfed.
    That's why you always want to go with the 2nd most successful strategy, or even the 3rd most successful for absolute safety. lol

Thumbs down Well anyway.....

Anyway, I quit AO tonight, didn't want to start a new thread to try and troll for flames or whatever, because that isnt' very constructive. It sucks to leave such a great vision for this game, but I've waited WAY too long, and no longer am willing to invest so much time into the game. I hope FC pulls their **** together for the newer generation of players, so that the game is worth playing some day... Right now it's just like any other mmorpg (that obviously is debateable, but come on, what's Earth shaking about Anarachy online right now? Graphics? Flight? yes and yes, but that even isnt' that earth shaking.. I was hoping for a real STORY and involved politics......fighting, control zones, wars, choas, a need to pull together... but instead, its just another kill monster after monster and stack those lvls on..)

I'm out.

seriously i'm tired of it too, i'm with ya all the way disco.

f*ck you, f*ck you, f*ck you, you're pretty cool, f*ck you I'M OUT

Re: State of the game !

Originally posted by Discomonkey

Agents-
    Need new rifles. I already heard they are putting in new rifles, I hope to go they are worth a damn, because the current rifle selection SUCKS (I'm talking post 100, the dmg is pathetic, makes me wanna eat my hat) Some agents who are 150+ (which are quite few) have tossed their rifles aside and switched to shotty (not hybrid rifles, pure shotty) that isn't right. NEW RIFLES NOW!
    Currently in the process of rebuilding 4 of my QL200 implants, so I can toss my rifle aside and equip a shotgun... it may be a dark blue skill, but the ability to get 5 times the clip and double the damage at twice the speed makes it useless to keep my rifle for now.. if new rifles come out I will reclaim my ip and put my old implants back in... til then I want to at least be able to play the game.

Two of the Agents in my guild over level 150 use Home Defenders now too.

Eleetist
    Lvl 151 Agent

/me thinks the game would be a lot more balanced if they complately removed Low Light Scope and Yamatuchy Range Increasers from the game... Then the agent scope from T.I.M. might actually mean something and a rifle would still shoot further than most other weapons...

i think funcom will get the point...

after 14.2 and IPR -ill guess 90% of RK's population will weild a shotty. Even with the addition of new weapons - if they are gonna be sealed weapon receptacles it will take time to locate and build and get the new weapons into the marketplace.

BUMP !I AGREE 100% with monkey

MONKEY seems to be one of those people with open eyes and a working brain...

Everything he says here is 100% true.

Give pet classes a Anti Root Nano or whatever.

Balance Classes so that every class can do the same stuff if they like to solo or PvP. Make it a part of tactics who wins or looses, not out of OE.

Add more content to the high level game.

Missions got the most boring thing and are the biggest reason for the most to quit the game after L125 since they see theres nothing left to do..

MONKEY thank you..... just to bad FUNCOM sucks so much that they will never see this posting...

i gave up on funcom, just playing until my last addiction and hope has died.