Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 'Buffs' and prices. Totally wrong.

"Enforcers get treated badly, you have doctors screaming tips for IC and we dont get anything from doing the same kind of buff, except you get HP from ours. I have spoken to many enfs that are pissed off with this. "

There are no rules which stop you from asking for tips for your buffs. The market economy will determine whether you get money or not. Also, in defense of docs, I don't see us screaming, just making the matter clear when offering services.

So basically you are suggesting that you buff for free and expect everyone else to buff for free in turn? I think its an interesting idea, to create some sort of anarcho-syndicist utopia in Rubi-Ka, as an alternative to the outright free market capitalism of the present.

I've got a soldier who doesn't have any useful nanos (apart from TMS which is self only). Is he still going to be welcome to take free buffs from people even though he contributes nothing to this rather noble left wing leaning society?
    "When you tread the path of the demon make sure you follow it to the end."

The buff thang

I have a policy of always asking nicely for buffs - politness is soo simple and requires no effort. In return I enjoy other people being polite - but thats a luxery thats getting less comon by the day.

This is relevant because I'll happily buff people who ask nicely for free (tips are always welcome) but people who are rude are generally told to ask nicely or p*ss off. I'm begining to think the best way to deal with unpleasant people is to charge them outragous prices; "You want superior HE? 500k m8."

Further, I have very little problem finding people who will buff me for free (or tips) because I'm polite. Phrases like "I'm sorry to trouble you" work wonders. They also help add to what little RP this game has.

My point? None really - its just cheaper, better, nicer for all and a good RP experience to ask nicely, in character. You might even find people who tip for free. If people ask for tips, tip as well as you can. Just Be nice
    Please allow me to introduce you to the voices:

The voices, the voices! Stop the voices!

The voices are played by, in order of appearance:

Gragoneye - loveable, hugable, with a fondness for violence!
    Servivious - bitter, twisted and a little unhinged..
    Blindhealer - just a little bit out of her depth!

Proud to be First Order!!

I get constantly asked for Titan, It only takes, what 3 seconds, point, click, "press 5" for me.
    Cloudeh,
    You got my point right!
    Yes. It's just as simple as this! Why hesitate with demanding -let me say- 25k for doing this (takes you 5sec). Just do it, you get tip for it, well than you should be happy. You don't get tipped? Well you have at least helped another guy out.
    Okay, this is if you have the buff available to you right now, and don't need other buffs to cast it (Like divest,ransack,masteries,etc.).

Another thing..
    Why should other classes make more money because they have other 'buffs' that people ask for?

NT: When does a NT being asked for a buff? Well, maybe HE sometimes though..

Adventurer: Can I say 'reet'? - Few people ask an adv. for buffs.

Crat: hmm not much there either.

Engie: hmm nope

These are the classes from my viewpoint that don't get asked for buffs so much. So why should the classes wich have got buffs that 'everybody' wants, charge big prices of clicking some buttons on their keyboard? It's just...not right..

Anyway..this is just how the game is, and I have hard time to realize that this would change (unless they make class buffs self-only, Hope they are not )

Just a question to you traders out there: Did you start a trader to make money from wrangles?

My point? None really - its just cheaper, better, nicer for all and a good RP experience to ask nicely, in character. You might even find people who tip for free. If people ask for tips, tip as well as you can. Just Be nice
    Servivious,
    Very good point there!
    It's a RP game, and it's a lack of RP'ing in this game (well, at least if your guild don't do RP'ing).
    So to be nice and polite is importaint from my point of view.

With my ma i never charge for a vs nor have i ever gotten any tips.
    But with my mp on the other hand
    I do infuses and masteries for free since i can cast them with ease.
    When it comes to mochams i never have to demand anything most ppl send tells with money offers. so i buff them and let them tip whatever, if they are generous i will rebuff them for free if they die and i am still in the area.

If they dont tip even tough they offered say 200k i never buff them again.
    The thing about mochams is that i will usually have to rebuff myself to be able to cast mochams and terminate alot of other buffs to do so, this is kind of annoying so i more or less expect a tip when i put the effort in.
    If im mochams buffed allready i can buff ppl randomly just because im a nice guy

Oh and i think the prices on mochams buff would be lower if ppl didnt charge me 1-4 million per mochams crystal.

Thumbs up Yep

If im mochams buffed allready i can buff ppl randomly just because im a nice guy
    Way to go!

Originally posted by Valen
    The bottom line is, people set prices and charge for buffs, because people keep paying them.

That will never change as long as people keep paying.

It reduces the time you have to spend buffing other people, and it makes you a little cash.

I have no problem with people who demand a certain cost for buffs. I have every right to chose not to get a buff from them if I don't like their price.

If newbies need buffs that bad and can't afford them (they don't *need* 132 wrangles or +80 treatment buffs) they should join a guild and get buffs from guild members.
    As an agent in false proffession... I can tell you that a majority of the buffs I give (wrangles, +80 treatment, essence, etc.) all completely wipe out my nano pool at level 148. So for me to buff people takes between 1 and 2 treatment charges.... well 50 cost a decent amount and it takes me a lot of time to cast the buff... so if no one tips, I prolly wouldn't cast.

On a side note, I don't particularly care for people to run up and beg me to false proffesion to buff them... I'm sorry, but it would take a lot of money to convince me to be stuck in a proffesion for the next 30 minutes of gametime or to have to /terminate and wait for rez to wear off. The only time I generally fp to buff is when someone approaches me saying they have 4 people who need a +80 treatment buff and are willing to pay 200k for it...

so 30 minutes of my game time is worth about 800k+ cred for me.

Sometimes however when I know I am not going to be busy for an extended period of time I don't mind fping and casting buffs.

Some good comments so far and now my perspective.

If you want a wrangle to equip a weapon much higher than your level be prepared to pay.
    If you need a high level NP to make you a new set of implants be prepared to pay.
    If you need any high level buff that adds something significant be prepared to pay.
    If the buff takes alot of effort for the caster then it's only fair to compensate them.

As a Martial Artist it was a treat to discover that I have SubGuidance (crit buff) especially with all the problems MAs have.
    I'm happy to cast it for free, its fast and I the nano isnt much.

BUT, when I got a nice secundus coat and needed strength to equip it, I advertised for 3 days offering to pay for Essence of Titan I didn't get a single response. I realize that it's not possible at some times for an enforcer to cast it but c'mon now.

I agree with all your comments Kwerk.

Sometimes it's very hard to get the buff that you want. Especially if it's a high level buff like essence of titan. I have found it easier to look after high level enforcers (that can cast it without any masteries - but can cast it right away) in 20k, bb and places like that, than seeking for it on shopping channels.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Charging = bad
    Tipping = good

People only get away with charging huge prices because people pay. I wish people would join me in my "no charging" idea, but there's always the people with too much money, that are willing to be screwed just for a simple buff.

Try and find someone that will help you, not just buff you for a huge price. If you find someone that will give it to you for what ever tip youre willing to offer, be it 0-infinite credits, then that person is actually helping you. If they demand a price, then they're just a greedy buff jockey.

If they'll take what ever you can offer, then they probably need the money more than the person demanding a price, so i'd much rather give it to the person that needs it.

If i'm trying to make 1mil for that shiny new armor peice, or what ever, then i'm going to except every tip waved in my face.

If i offer you 150K, instead of your set 300K, then you obviously dont need the money.

In short, QUIT PAYING THE PRICE IF YOU DONT WANT TO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

the only way to keep people from charging it, is to quit giving it.
    geez, really, c'mon...............

-walks away mumbling
    {Beyond the Drunken Master, is the Plastered Master} Lilasiandude 216 MA
    Proud Member of Storm, and the Betty Ford Clinic

-Sllammer 216 enf. - Frank the Tank! Frank the Tank! Frank the Tank! Click!

BE STORM

I just do it for tips, hell I don't really need the money, but it's something to do, and some day I MIGHT need that money.

I made probably the mistake of casting behemoth at BB last weekend. All the sudden, the last 3 times I log on I have random /tells sitting in my inbox "are you on". Well duh, I'm not on. I attribute this and many other random tells to my casting of behemoth.

I have no problems with people asking me for any buff that I can cast on demand in vicinity. If you had an MP with mochams standing by as I walked past, I'd even do behemoth for ya. But if I refuse, or tell you "500k" that means I'm busy, but I could be made un-busy for a price (maybe rediculous, but my time is valuable ).

If I get sent a /tell for a buff, unadvertised, I'm just not going to do it unless I know you. Sorry.
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

Hmm..

Greedy people suck.

Nuff said here.
    Shattered Dreams
    http://www.shattereddreams.org

It took me 20 tries to get masteries from an MP... Finally I had to get them cast by a couple different MP's because they were so low-level they didn't have all the masteries...

I am in the same boat with the first poster. Buffing makes all the difference in the world for the gimped classes. If I get masteries, I get into my GA, and suddenly I'm ungimped and playable and worthwhile to a group again.

Also, I know that some buffs are difficult (Trader high-level wrangle, etc.) but a lot of the other buffs that people are unwilling to do? Gimme a break! "Oh, buffing is so tough, wahhhh..." Before I'm "good to go," I have to self-cast:

1. TnS Expertise
    2. Biomet Expertise
    3. MattMEt Expertise
    4. Sens Imp Expertise
    5. Psymod Expertise
    6. Quickness
    7. Grid Runner
    8. Hasty Augmentation
    Recharge Nano Pool
    9. Insurance Hack
    Recharge Nano Pool

And yes, I do absolutely need the expertise line. We have a dark blue nano skill set. All of them.

Can't take 30 seconds out of your schedule to help someone out by buffing them? This game is a MMORPG, not just a RPG. Go play Final Fantasy on your PS2 and get off our rock...

p.s. I tip 95% of the time, and I tip well.

Originally posted by Bronto_Cowboy
    Can't take 30 seconds out of your schedule to help someone out by buffing them? This game is a MMORPG, not just a RPG. Go play Final Fantasy on your PS2 and get off our rock...
    No one owes you anything. No one is required to buff you just because you need the buff. Yes helping out is nice and all that but I refuse to buff every single stranger who asks for something as it would take too much off my game time. I don't have set prices (yet, but this thread makes me feel like doing it) and I sometimes get tipped well - always by the non pet professions by the way. I am running through stacks of nano packs per day and my last set of implants left me feeling very poor. If you have problem with someone charging for a buff go find someone who doesn't, I've seen so many people stating they never charge.

If you feel gimped without some outside buffs you can not pay for choose a different profession or deal with it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12