Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OA Restoration Project 2

OA Restoration Project 2

Okay, I'm starting this over because there was a lot of interest in it but the original thread got sidetracked with a lot of Omnis who seem to believe what they have to say about the Clan city matters. The bullying tactic was keeping some people away from the thread, so here is a clean start.

Here is the proposal:

Old Athen Restoration Project 2
    Quite some time ago now that its mostly forgotten in the collapse of the Council of Truth and other critical events was a project to raise money for the restoration of Old Athen. Headed by the Mercury Dragons this project was popular even if doomed for being before its time. Maybe that time has arrived now?

Old Athen is the first and foremost of many Clan cities, but its still littered with Omni-Tek garbage left from centuries ago. OT insignias, signs, and other garbage still litter portions of East OA. Not to mention an excessive amount of rubble that could use a little cleaning up.

I propose that:
    • All Omni-Tek signs and propaganda be permanently removed
      We construct our own statues and reface some of the drab Omni architecture.
      The some of the more disruptive debris is removed
      If possible to get representatives from the 3 largest clans (Knights, Sentinels, Eco Warriors) to reside there so that other Clanners can get to know them.

If possible I would even take the project further, though it might be getting overly ambitious. However I'd like to see Old Athen resemble a city for all the Clans. I propose that each major clan donate its own architects for the project.

I would like to see Clan Knights redo the architecture on and around the Prison on the north end of the city. Do we really need 2 prisons in Old Athen? Maybe we can do away with one of the two and replace it.

Clan Eco Warriors should take the east end and remove the rubble and replace it with the plants and natural attractions they so love.

I propose that Clan Sentinels take the south end around their tower store and fix it up. Remove the OT statues and put in your own. Time for your actions to live up a little more to your rhetoric.

Maybe even we can get the Athen city council to approve a few of each Clans independent guards and use them as an opportunity to teach everyone about our different Clans.

Maybe we can even improve some of the city defenses out on the eastern portion of the city.

------

To help encourage ideas I'd like to get a group of interested surveyors together at a later date. Things are caught up with Jobe prepared to make some big announcement, but perhaps afterwards we can get a large group of Clanners to the city to come up with and submit ideas for its redesign.

(and if you have any OOC suggestions I have a thread for that too)

Lets help make Old Athen look like the City of the Clans that it is supposed to be after this last century.
    Clan Elder of The Pilgrims

I am fileing a complaint with the ICC for the potential destruction of a historical landmark and monument to clanner brutality(in the takeing of the city) unless means are taken to preserve some parts of the old city.
    October 12 29209

Still largely unopposed by Omni-Tek forces, the clans occupy Omni-2 and drive out, imprison, or execute all Omni-Tek personnel. They rename the city Athen - not after Athens in ancient Greece, but after one of the clan leaders who died in the attack.
    Many unarmed Omni-Tek employees were killed. The city was siezed by spilling the blood of innocents. It is necessrary and important to ensure that their loss will not be written off as a Clanner attempt to alter the past and erase their existance.
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

Allot of good men lost their lifes to the Clan bastards that day.. And now you wish to wipe away their memory so the bastards who killed them can live in a nicer enviroment? You clanners disgusts me.
    Despite everything in the end I was a Fixer and I can say it was hell of a ride.

As indicated in the last communique, our Clan would wholeheartedly support this initiative. Old Athens is indeed in need of a face lift, and would be no matter who "owns" the city.
    Personally, I am not opposed to raising a memorial statue to the Omni-Tek personnel who lost their lives during those gruelling days. They had families and children as well, and one day, perhaps...it will be possible for their ancestors to visit the grounds where their loved ones fell.
    Anthony "Cogs" McDuff
    Veteran, Cerberus
    220 Supreme Creator : Master of Wheels...the lingerie modeling robot!

Well you Omnis disgust me with your propaganda here. The Clans as usual only attacked military targets, it was actually Omni-Tek which did most of the damage to the city and killed civillians when you realized that this was going to become a Clan city.

But I'll make you a fair deal. If you place monuments in Rome and Omni-1 in memorial of all the Miners you slaughtered, the murder of the first Clans, betrayal of peace agreements, and murdering civillians and agree to apologize for your ways and acknowledge your errors before the other corporations by relinguishing control to a Democratic government of Rubi-Ka then you can have your monument. Until you agree to such terms, be-gone because you have no bearing on internal Clan matters. Thank you for your support in keeping this communication channel open though.

As for you Clanners, do you support this or not? Architects, Planners, and all the Clan members who don't yet know need to know of this. Let us unify and unite around the long delayed rebuilding of our largest city! Lets come together as a free people with no dictatorial corporate authority to build the future we want to live in!

Typical clanner self arrogance. My complaint with the ICC stands. It is people like you that killed countless Omni-Tek civilians in your 'liberation' and 'freedom' to terrorize the masses as you see fit. You do not seek peace, you seek wash the blood of innocents from your hands.

Any attempts to demolish the structures in Omni-2 before a decision has been reached will be subject to response from the Omni-Armed Forces. Construction equipment and personel will be temparily siezed to protect the location until such time as the ICC makes a judgement.
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

Arrogance...

OT has in the past flouted, circumvented, and blatantly ignored ICC rulings vis-a-vis the clans, and now an OT official proposes to file a complaint with ICC over a civic beautification project, and actually expects them to respond positively? (Is this even within ICC's jurisdiction?) Then, this same official announces that should any move be made to clean up a city he has no stake in or control over, troops will be sent in, possibly sparking another all-out war. And finally, this same official mentions the word 'arrogance' in his post when referring to the clans.

There's another word which I feel bears mentioning: irony.

I see this project as a way to heal the scars of the past, not cover them over. It seems however, Omni-Tek personnell will take any pretence to threaten and obstruct the clans. We live in this city, not you. If you want to build a monument to your fallen, then by all means, do so. Just don't expect us to continue to live with the ugliness your 'city planners' (aka shock troopers) have created in the city of Athen. I, for one, support this move to erase OT's presence from Old Athen once and for all.

I support the renovation of Old Athen.

While everyone must learn from mistakes of the past, it is the present and the future which is in focus here, for Omni, Clan and Neutrals all.
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

Let's renovate Old Athen.
    Get rid of all that could remind us of the Omni's polluting our beautiful city.
    Take down the propaganda, make the buildings our own.
    A place for all clanners to live togheter.
    We should all contribute in renovating the city and start searching for ideas.
    I'm all for it.

I support Sallust and his initiative to restore The City of Old Athen. I believe that most of the clans would also support this initiative. We just need to get the word out.
    I really don't care what Omni-tek and the other Omni's that have spoken out against this project think.
    It's our city, and if we want to beautify our home then so be it.

Jedik
    Member of:
    The Pilgrims

It would seem that Omni-Admin have already decided to take Action on there own. Our Gridfeed has already recieved news that you yourself Kithrak were present during a military incursion into Athens in which innocent clan security forces were murdered.

Is it any wonder there were retalitory strikes when you decide to enforce your laws on the clans (and ICC accords still maintain you have no right to do so) before there is even civilised discussion?

Pre-emptive action like this is why the clans will never trust Omni propoganda.
    Craig 'Silirrion' Morrison
    Old Timer

Just a typical action of Omni "diplomacy". Why wait for ICC, when Omni as shown by their history has always preferred an oppressive and military solution.

This is just one more reason we need to focus on the Old Athen Restoration project. Better defenses against Omni-Tek should also be included. Stop the murder of innocent prison guards.

Likely this whole thing was a cover-up. Omni-Tek loves the most immoral soldiers and were probably freeing prisoners for their forces.

Do we have Clan Leaders who are willing to volunteer to lead this project and help gather support? Every able bodied person is needed for the prosperity of the Clans.

Oh it's definately time for a clean up in Omni-2....
    Time to kick out the clanners and make Omni-2 shine like it did before as the 2nd largest city on the planet.

Omni-2 has provided a vital role in history with it's port to have supplies and terraforming equipment be delivered to the outzones. Time to restore Omni-2 as the 2nd most important Omni City.
    • RK2: Dyna2 Enfo Dyna18 NT Dyna666 Keeper Dyna4000 Fixer Dyna27012 Crat
    • RK-Test: Dyna0002 Meta-Physicist Dyna90210 Fixer ( 05-02-2003)
    • Check my QL200 Enforcer implant designs at Auno.org: 1HE 2HE 2HB
    • Best custom map: Raiko's Map (based on Dovve's AO Enhancements)
    • Best custom skin: Notum DovveTech HUD upgrade (based on Dovve's AO Enhancements)

Omni-Tek is your friend!
    Elnertz: "I spend all my time making all the loot mine, all because there is no ****ing storyline!"

Old Athen Restoration Project

Restoration and beautification of the cities we live in, irregardless of faction, is an important and very worthy project. I seem to recall that such a thing happened in the city of Tir, when its residents resolved to clean the polluted waters there. Yes, the waters inside Tir were once so polluted that swimmers would suffer damage to themselves while bathing there.

Their solution was to raise public awareness by holding swimming events in the moat surrounding Tir's central island. Perhaps doing something similar and relevant to the mess in Old Athen might be of help. An obstacle race perhaps? Should you publicise this kind of event properly, bringing in reporters and a large turnout of racers and watchers, perhaps you of the clans might succeed yet again.

Valor "DesertReet" Jones
    President of Fur N Feathers
    Rimor-Ka's only all-female all-adventurer org

(this is also CCed in the Pilgrims Forums)

With the short amount of time now and between the release of Shadowlands we will postpone most active events till afterwards IMO.

There will definitely be people driving events. I'm just awaiting people to volunteer to step up and help lead this. The Pilgrim clan has long been Advisors to the Clans, not Commanders.

Volunteer if you're brave enough to be a leader for the United Clans. Your brethren need you!

and thanks to Desertreet for showing the "True Neutrals" don't hold grudges against the sided as some in Omni-Tek would make you out to just be lesser corporate citizens.

Well i am not much for diplomacy for omni, i would rather let my Hellfury negotiate for me. I am more then willing to help make Athen a better place to live, i will pledge support, and act as a peacekeeper should any omni try to interfere with the clean up acts.

Taken from a PM I just sent Sallust regarding this awesome idea:

You can count on all of Storm's help

I can help organize things on the Atlantean side and perhaps gain the support of the larger Atlantean guilds such as redemption and Synergy Factor

We were actually talking about this in guild chat about a month or so back, so I know there's a good amount of interest in the project. And of course, we all know that Storm has some close ites to the Sentinels (hence all of the goatheads we wear ), so I think this is a good idea.

Keep me updated on how you want to get things started and perhaps we can all work on a reconstruction design with personal touches from the Pilgrims, Storm, SF, redemption, etc.

You know those quilts that families make to show their family history? It might be kind of cool to have a big statue or a wall with a pictograph of the important moments in the past couple of years on Rubi Ka....The cyborg attack, peace treaty, Black Sunday, etc. I think it'd be a touching memoir for all of us and I'd be willing to put up a sizeable amount of my own cash to help fund it

I like your idea bro!!!!
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

I agree with cleaning up Athen. As most clan run towns, it's a shambles. Hell, I'll even come help clean as well, assuming I can sneak by Angelhunter as easily as I can the usual guards that are posted.
    It was once a beautiful city, and I think it could be again, no matter who runs it now.

((umm, no offense Thedeacon...but Synergy Factor...what the heck are their part in this? they officialy state that they "wanna fap Roleplayers off RK"...so...let them keep killing Clan guards to piss of rp'ers, and simoultaneously let them take the consequence of their actions, and we rp very well without them, thkzvrymchbye))
    Anthony "Cogs" McDuff
    Veteran, Cerberus
    220 Supreme Creator : Master of Wheels...the lingerie modeling robot!

I would support this. Could be a lot of fun, and the city certainly does need a little help Hit me up, Deacon, if you get something going on RK1 as well.

((And Cogs, just because we don't roleplay 24/7 does not mean we won't take part in a single roleplay activity. Synergy Factor is a guild based on fun and is not out to grief other organizations for the way they choose to play the game. As for our organization info line, I'm sorry you are unable to take a joke ))

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast