Thread: Mutant Attack on Lush Fields OP

Mutant Attack on Lush Fields OP

Or: "Funcom Does Too Run Events on RK2"

(You can get news on this at AO-Basher, too.)

Last night, the Omni Tek military base in Lush Fields west of Harry's came under attack by wave after (increasingly difficult) wave of mutants coming up from the south (Mutant Domain). The call went out over our Division 3 guild channels, and a guild alert was issued with all available members converging on the scene. Sure enough, after getting there, mutants were everywhere, attacking the beleagured defenders and their reinforcements. The early waves were easy enough but then much more difficult mutants began to show. Eventually, named mutants (Skrewball, Insanity and Collosus) leading the mobs joined the attack. The final wave featured a towering, giant mutant named Gargantua who was about 40 foot tall (14+ meters).

Giving great credit to OT personnel, many guilds answered the call and at one point, we had (I estimate) over 50 defenders to supplement the guards. The mutants never stood a chance.

OOC: even with that many people fighting in one small place, lag didn't get out of control for me. The event was a blast and seeing Gargantua lumber his way to the OP was incredible! I thought it was a great time and congratulate Funcom for running such a fun event.

For those who complain about the lack of events in general, and on RK2 specifically, all I can say is that in the past 2 weeks, there have been several that I was either involved in, or guild mates were. The rollerat infestation in Rome Red, the malfunctioning Slayers at Lush Hills Resort, the brontofreak protest from Harry's to Trade to Galway, and now this. There have been others, too, in neutral and clan territories.

The events happen. Keep up the good work FC!
    Numi7, Omni-Tech Employee
    Solitus Engineer
    Division 3 [Omni Reclamation]
    RK2

hmmm

How come I never see these....