Thread: Chance to get a mission token?

Question Chance to get a mission token?

I thought that chance of getting a mission token were 100% if you killed 100% of the mobs.

Quote from 12.8 patch notes:
    "you can now basically "guarantee" yourself a mission token (as well as the accompanying EXP) by killing all the hostile monsters within the mission. (i.e. If you kill 100% of the monsters in a mission and then successfully complete the mission objective, you assure yourself a 100% chance of getting a mission token)"

But definitely I have done some missions recently, (large ones not clon**** 2 rooms ones) without getting a token. After several like this, I petitionned, and was told that tokens were never guaranteed, whatever the % of mobs you killed...

So i'm a bit confused now? what's the rule? has it been changed? could be, because i didnt have any pb before, except with the very small missions...
    Last edited by nikh; Mar 23rd, 2002 at 17:16:55.
    Nikh
    RK2 Omni Martial Artist

Honorary Sensei of The Dojo - Omni School of Martial Arts
    Visit us at: http://thedojo.free.fr

Well, I always get tokens, even if I don't kill 100% of the mobs. But if you take too easy mission (I mean the bar under 50% or in zones which are too easy for you (ie lvl 70 in Galway Shire)), your chances of having tokens, even if you kill all the mobs are decreasing.

Does that helps ?

Hope so...
    Kheeze (MA) / Yunmei (ADV) / Nekroman (MP) / Shixiu (ENF)

(¯`·.,¸¸.·´¯` French Corp ´¯`··.,¸¸.·´¯)

indeed, thats what i have been experiencing too. but that is not consistent with the offical post. Or is there something more recent and up to date than the 12.8 patch notes that i have missed?
    Nikh
    RK2 Omni Martial Artist

Token odds

Assume you kill all mobs in mission, then I would guess
    the odds are around as follows:

1 mob down: < 5% chance of token
    2 mobs down: < 10% chance of token
    3 mobs down: < 50% chance of token
    4 mobs down: < 75% chance of token
    5+ mobs down: close to 100% chance

If you don't kill all mobs, then the chance appears
    to be related partly to the percentage of mobs killed,
    and partly to the total amount of xp gained. I.e.
    if you kill only a few mobs in a high difficulty mission you
    are more likely to get a token than if you kill the
    same percentage in a low difficulty mission.

Xp from chests and doors contributes to the chance
    for a token, as does the difficulty level of a mission,
    so "max hidden" should help a bit, since it seems to
    make more locked doors and chests (at least that's
    the way it appears).

I'm pretty sure chest and door xp is counted, because
    I was surprised to get 3 tokens from 3 calm/blitz missions
    on a recent day in which I killed very few mobs in fairly large
    levels, but opened a lot of doors and chests. In fact, I
    recently got a token by killing no mobs at all on a high
    difficulty level which had lots of locked doors and chests.

However, I can only be reasonably confident of a token
    in missions in which I kill most or all mobs.

-Strycker, OT NT 109, RK-1

I took a lot of missions to make money after buying a set of implants. I grabbed small ones since I was more bothered about the item than xp. By small, I mean doing diff 120-130 in the same area, getting 2-8 room missions. Battlesuits were my prey, and rare nanos or maybe coats, cloaks - the usual stuff.
    I was only about 87 or 88 doing these 120-130 missions, and I made sure to slowly kill every mob. Even so, I only got tokens about 1 time in 3 or 4. If there was 1 or 2 mobs, I didn't expect a token, but I was surprised when I finally killed 8, 9 or 10 of these blood reds, opened every chest and locked door, and still never got a token. It seems to me that the chance is definitely NOT 100% if you kill everything and do a hard mission, even ignoring the silly 1 or 2 mob missions.

Unhappy 100% Guaranted! Yea right!

I grabbed three qlty 192 missions the other day (I am 160) and with a full team of six we cleared every one. Killed all the mobs, looted the chests, everything.

On the first two missions I got no token and lost 600k xp as a result for each mission. On the third I got a token. I have also been soloing low qlty missions for tokens. Prior to the recent downtime I would clear the mission as usual and always get a token. But since then, I have only recieved tokens around half the time.

When I petitioned about this, I was told 'sorry, nothing I can do for you'. What a surprise! Anyway, I was told by the ARK that lots of people are having this problem and they are working on a fix.

They definatly stuffed something up with the token system during the last server downtime.

Hope that helps.

I had the same problem. Before I could get them much easier. I think something changed...hope they fix it (though by the time they do all my chars will have 1k board anyways...)

I always get a token if there are at least 6 mobs in the mission at 50% difficulty.
    For very large missions, I kill all the mobs I meet until I find the reward and complete the mission if I have been inside for more than 30 minutes. If I find the reward before 30min and there are some mobs left I kill as many as I can then come back to complete.
    It worked very well so far.

agree with Maysoon Canidy etc. I do feel there's a difference since the last patch 13.92. I wish FC was more open about that.

Leth, you really noticed nothing?

here are two specific examples:

I was doing low difficutly missions, never had any pb before (provided large and killed all mobs) - now seems I get no token

Did alvin quest. Instead of 5 physical tokens (x the value of 1 pysical token, 3 for me = 15 points), I got 2 "pysical" tokens, the second one worth only 1 pt....??

And yes, I really appreciate the help of ARKS when it comes to simple questions or when i'm stuck behind a wal etc.. but forget about getting an answer on bugs and so forth. You usually get meaningless answers. Not a criticism to ARKS, I just think they have no way to tell. At best you canhope they'll report your issue.
    Nikh
    RK2 Omni Martial Artist