Thread: Old Athen project surveyors' meeting

Old Athen project surveyors' meeting

Well if there are truly enough of us interested in restoring and "clanalizing" Old Athen then I would hope we could have a meeting for it. Post here for a quick show of support if you'd like to participate in something like this. People to spread the word around Rubi-Ka are certainly needed as well if this is to take off.

In particular I'd like all Engineers, Bureaucrats, and Meta-Physicists to come out for this. You're not such critical war leaders that Omni-Tek fill find it too timely to strikes blows with your absence and we need all the architects, administrators, and artisans we can get for this. All other professions are welcome, I just don't want people to be too drawn away from guarding Clan territories.

How about having a meeting on Saturday the 30th of August? Time TBA. We'll make a simple show of support and brainstorm ideas and suggestions for the renovation and how it could be done as simply as possible.

All Clanners and even contributing neutrals are welcome. For those Clanners who have misguided disputes with neutrals, please put away your grievances for this time and show the neutrals a vision of a peaceful Clan utopia they can live in.

If this idea meets with approval I'll add it to the events Calendar. I would hope some leaders would volunteer to organize it (Atlantean, Rimor, and DNW seperately). So please let me know!

---

Some history background on Old Athens:

Please read the history behind The Battle of Omni-2.

In honor of this I would like to in fact propose a commisioning of statues in Old Athen. Besides tearing down the Omni-Tek statues which should be done anyways, how about we commission a statue on the southern portion of Old Athen hill after Dominic Athens?

Perhaps we should also honor Romana Athens and Dolap Red in a similar way. There are many statues around Old Athens which could be replaced with appropriate Clan memorials.
    Clan Elder of The Pilgrims

((OOC: I really hope the devs take notice and reward you for your hard work and effort, Sallust ))

A similar project was started to restore Old Athen about, oh, a year ago I believe. It was going for a while but fell through and nothing came of it. If you get this properly on track it would be a nice thing to have. Have you gotten numbers on what will be needed, such as how many credits it will cost, how many people need to be involved, etc?
    Last edited by Lunayu; Aug 26th, 2003 at 11:13:48.
    ArchPriest Katelin 'Lunayu' Saar - Former President of the Guild of Meta-Physics
    Former Council Member of the Council of Truth

House Demonslap
    A little Anger never hurt Nobody...

"It's called an Anger Manifestation not a Love Manifestation!"
    "And how does that make you feel?"

hit

Thanks for all the support people. I'm going to have to postpone this a couple of weeks at least though until some other issues are taken care of. (Forum related, but not to the event).
    Clan Elder of The Pilgrims