Thread: "Flurry of Blows"

"Flurry of Blows"

Hi, two questions:

Does the characters weapon need to have fast attack in order to use "Flurry of Blows"?

Is the lowest quality "Flurry of Blows" booster 25?

yes....

No....
    Level 132 Nano-Techniction <---- Retired till NT fix
    Level 72. Engineer <---- why is my pet running the wrong way?
    Level 69. Agent <---- Retired sence Concealment Nerf.
    Level 58. Adventure <---- TONS of lost ip.
    Level 41. Meta.<--- Mp's are too uber.
    Level 30. Enforcer <---- press "Q" and watch tv.
    Level 29. Doc <---- Can't..... Find.... Group.....

Quote of the week "When people complain equally about all of the classes, then the game is balanced."

Flurry

I remember some of the high level Enforcers saying that flurry was a good thing to use with a beam ... no fast attack requirement. I have never used one so I am unclear as to whether you need the fast attack requirement on the weapon.

Flurry works with beams and hammers, you just have to raise Fast Attack to the requirement of the FoB.
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

It's also bugged - and does last much longer than intended to. (ie - doesnt wear off) Keep that in mind, wouldnt build a character around it.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

yes.... <--- incorrect. Flurry works off the fast attack skill irrevelant to the weapon. If you want to use the Fast Attack *special attack* then yes it must be part of the weapons req's.

No...

flurry

Flurry of blows (have only tried low qlvl versions) give u +150 to melee init, and it also "increase" ur agressive ness, beyond what is possible to get with the agg/def slider. this means u will attack faster with any kind of weapon, even ur gun.

Flurry used to be bugged, but seem to be fixed now.
    There was an exploit so u could get the affect added several times. very cool with 1100 melee init in lvl 50 :P

U will also notice that u will crit more often while the flurry is in effect.

But who knows funcom may fix so u can only use it while wearing melee weapons, i know that the deflection shield (parry) can not be used while wielding range weapons. (unless they changed it in the recent patches)
    Woop Woop!
    ------(*'-'*)------ Squeek Mr Leet

Re: flurry

Originally posted by Juvatorr
    Flurry of blows (have only tried low qlvl versions) give u +150 to melee init, and it also "increase" ur agressive ness, beyond what is possible to get with the agg/def slider. this means u will attack faster with any kind of weapon, even ur gun.

Flurry used to be bugged, but seem to be fixed now.
    There was an exploit so u could get the affect added several times. very cool with 1100 melee init in lvl 50 :P

U will also notice that u will crit more often while the flurry is in effect.

But who knows funcom may fix so u can only use it while wearing melee weapons, i know that the deflection shield (parry) can not be used while wielding range weapons. (unless they changed it in the recent patches)

So your serious? If i up my fast attack and equip this bugger i can attack faster?
    I was one of the people who believe that FC had a "secret" 12.0 patch just before launch....he he.

You start to think that the Shrooms are wearing off and then you look at the ceiling and realize you got a few hours.

Yes, it's not bugged anymore, as far as I can tell.

It lasts a very short time, with my hammer I got in maybe two FoB hits.

Now I get 6 or 8 with faster weapons, but that's besides the point

I'd say hammer enforcers might not want to bother, but beamers and other fast weapon types might want to throw some IP there if you get some spare (hahahaha spare IP, good joke).
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer

Can anyone confirm that FoB increases the aggro bar past its boundries, allowing a ranged person to use its benfit?
    I was one of the people who believe that FC had a "secret" 12.0 patch just before launch....he he.

You start to think that the Shrooms are wearing off and then you look at the ceiling and realize you got a few hours.

Thanks

Thanks for the replies guys.

I dont use FoB often but sometimes when in difficulty my ql25 comes in real handy. I minght try higher ql one in my lvl 70`s.

Be sure to punch it BEFORE you start your attack on the mob/player, that's the only time it is effective. If combat has already started.... no dice.
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer

>>If combat has already started.... no dice

why is that so?

Because it looks like the game uses your aggdef at the start of a combat to compute for the entire fight. Bugged or otherwise, this is the way it is....

This is not something FC has told us, just something observed.

When FoB was bugged, the bugging (and therefore the activation of the FoB) could happen in battle and work. But now..... I always punch it before.
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer

silly question, I'm not very good with enforcers - would that also apply to rage line of nanos then?

thx for your reply btw

bump

I'm wondering whether the "instill rage' and others should also be done *before* the battle then? :-.

Originally posted by Arinia
    Because it looks like the game uses your aggdef at the start of a combat to compute for the entire fight. Bugged or otherwise, this is the way it is....
    not so....not even close to true...

my lev 78 nt quite often switches from full agg to full def in mid cast of a nano....full agg to cast calms (need the speed...don't wanna get bashed much, as lev 136 missions to a lev 78 nanomage nt menas 2 hits can kill), then switch to full def for the evades, so that i don't auto-return-fire when i get backslapped after i do my first nuke.
    When i switch mid cast, it actually slows down the cast. you may not notice it too much with fast attacks fast casts etc...but a 10 second cast time makes it noticable.

that, and my adv, when using FoB will crit for double previous max, for the duration of the FoB. when previous max damage during crit was, say, 300, now will do 450.

both of these has been observed over long periods of time, and is my main complaint about having no agg-def slider available without having the whole stats bar down, as my NT uses it a LOT.

uses it to good effect, i might add.