Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Story missions

Exclamation

MAKE SURE THAT THE STORY-MISSIONS IN NO WAY ARE EXPLOITABLE !!!!!

Sorry I'm going to work so I'll make this short.
    Profession Specific
    Side defined
    Scaling
    Many small
    No camp. NO
    Indoor and outdoor if you can.

Thx

I believe you need balance in all aspects of your question. Unfortunately, you can't just poof 100 missions into existance. My preference would be that you begin with some for each faction (including Neutral) and some for anyone (perhaps in a mayhem zone); definately at least one for each profession and at least one for any profession. On the surface it would appear that having missions that scale to your level is a good thing, but the mission wouldn't change only the reward, which is kinda what you already have and (for me) is boring. At least the generators are random "dungeons". I think the majority of quests should be on the short side but one every 10 or 20 levels should be a grand, epic adventure you can tell your grandkids about. I have played a lot of MMORPG's and have always found spawn camps boring and frequently weighted to the powergamer. I'd prefer not to have to get lucky to finish a quest, and I HATE lines with a passion. Lastly, for you not to weave indoors and outdoors encounters into a quest would be a collosal(sp) mistake as you have so much you can do with the generator, that would make the quests slightly different for each person accomplishing them.

On a side note if you do decide to have spawn camping an auto drop into the inventory of each person participating in the battle of the quest item would severely curtail the most annoying parts of that type of quest. And make it so a group of friends only has to kill the spawn once.

thank you

missions...

As it stands I am BORED to death with missions.... Walk forever somewhere to go in the same pre-fab mission with same crappy layout. Big room with three of the same mobs 9 doors to go thru that lead to one roomed boring missions with a mob in each one. So i would REALLY like to see any sort of change to missions. I would also like to note that i think it is wonderful that you asked us. Good work on all the updates and info latly.

..::Do you want story-missions that are profession specific or not?::..

YES! Missions that an agent has to sneak in without being seen. Mission objective not to kill anything. Make a trader or engie assemble something. etc etc....

..::Do you want side-defined missions, or missions for everyone?::..

YES! I would like for their to be more involvement in the war from the players. Maybe make sides try to get to the other side and do a missions. Bring an item back, kill an important person, talk to someone we have spying their and bring back information.

..::Do you want the quests to scale with your level? (So you may take the same mission at lvl 30 and at 100, only with tougher opponents?)::..

yes and no. Make a lot of missions that get you can do at any lvl but make special missions. And make some of these missions do able at lvl 30. I think as it stands now all static missions and stuff are 50+

..::Do you want many small, or fewer longer quests?::..

yes and no would like a lot of smaller ones and a few longer more intresting ones that are lvl specific.

..::Is it ok with you to camp spawns, like we see in other MMORPGs?::..
    No but im not sure how to suggest you fix it. I think it would really be neat if make that sorta static mission thing except the mission is only for you or your team so it doesn't get all junked up with people inside or someone that has been sitting there for hours in the last room waiting for boss mob to respawn. You get the key for it when you start mission. Or make it so you would have to go find someone and they would give you directions to mission and then give you key.

..::Is it ok with you if we interweave the normal auto-content mission system in this, so that we can generate areas for you even in these story missions? (Or do you want only outdoor action?)::..

A little bit of both in all missions. I hate always going to the same old caves. But i don't want to be running around all over the place outside looking for crap. Maybe as I said above that you would have to do somethings like finding and talking to another NPC before getting the location of the indoor missions etc...

Well thats my two cents and thanx again for asking for our opinion.

BKO

Cool

well, no camps then!

and story missions should have quite a bit of Role Play buildt into
    the reward system. \In fact, I demand it.

TwinFooOne
    Mercury-Dragons

"
    They call me to duty.
    My soul cannot take anymore.
    To defend my country against the lost souls.
    I live in the House of War. "

I think if we have sided missions, they should be able to be foiled by PLAYERS on the OPPOSING side.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Do you want story-missions that are profession specific or not?

YES!

Do you want side-defined missions, or missions for everyone?

Side

Do you want the quests to scale with your level? (So you may take the same mission at lvl 30 and at 100, only with tougher opponents?)

YES!

Do you want many small, or fewer longer quests?

Both, of course

Is it ok with you to camp spawns, like we see in other MMORPGs?

NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!

Is it ok with you if we interweave the normal auto-content mission system in this, so that we can generate areas for you even in these story missions? (Or do you want only outdoor action?)

Both auto-content and outdoors

*edited to add a few more "NO!"s to the camp question.

Smile

-Do you want story-missions that are profession specific or not?

Profession based missions with profession related items, and perhaps add breed based missions aswell. that way you could manage to givme a mission for the Shades of Lucibration so I can over equip like the rest (oooohhh wait we stopped doing that after 14.2.. bugger)

-Do you want side-defined missions, or missions for everyone?

Side defined!! since we have a lacking story or make that events related to the story from funcoms side (perhaps they are just events that are so bad they blend in with the average player events) missions related to your side could perhaps spiff this a bit up.

-Do you want the quests to scale with your level? (So you may
    take the same mission at lvl 30 and at 100, only with tougher opponents?)

yes aslong as the loot change for the better at lvl 100 .. we should get something back for all those hours spent on building our char lvl wise.

-Do you want many small, or fewer longer quests?

I prefer small quests, but long quests are nice evry now and then. but if I could choose or perhaps get a hint in the mission description like.. "The mission map data you recived looks like it might hold a big area" (change big with small for small missions and perhaps medium aswell ?) perhaps it will make me start reading the mission descriptions and other texts describing things again.

-Is it ok with you to camp spawns, like we see in other MMORPGs?

No problem with this aslong as im the onlyone who can claim the kill and loot.. otherwise it would be most fun not having to camp.

-Is it ok with you if we interweave the normal auto-content
    mission system in this, so that we can generate areas for you even in these story missions? (Or do you want only outdoor action?)

Well I guess I have to say yes .. as there arent much unexplored wilderness left for me (and I guess im not the onlyone that has bumped around in my yalm) .. but if you throw online a few of the missing playfields I would go 100% for the outdoor missions.
    otherwise make them indoor aswell .. I dont want to have another BS zone just cause all the missions magicaly end up in that zone and they are outdoor aswell.

I have allways liked games with stories and reasons for playing them, not just mindless killing to get to the next level just to be better then the next guy that comes along. A good stroy and decent content is what makes a game, it doesn't matter what the graphics our the sounds are like, if it has a good captivating story right from the beginning it's going to keep people interested. Just like any good book if the story is boring for the first few chapters. your going to end up puting that book down and finding another one. That's why I think that there should be more character devlopment introduced right from level one. Give the character a huge massive quest that is going to take them most of their gaming experience to complete, or have it in such a way that it can only be completed once they have hit the level cap. but along the way say every 5-10 levels give the player something that will help them to work towords the golas that they were given in the beginning of the game

Also the game does need side and professions specific missions, and not just sotry missions either. the game in it's current state can allready determin your profession, so it should be able to make missions accordingly, but also leave missions open so that there is a mix, so a trader has a choice of accepting a trader specific mission, or a general mission that anyone else could do. and as for side specific issues the same goes here, give us the choice, if I want to do something for myself because I need money then let me do it, but if I feel bored, and have everything that I want or need at the current level then let me do a side specific mission that will help out in the great good for the side that I am alligned to. also to incoporate PvP in to side specific missions would be an interesting idea as well. but there would have to be close examination of both characters involved to make sure that you could complete the mission,

As for Scaleability of missions, yes and no, there needs to be some give within the mission system, espeicaly with story based missions. what I myself would like to see is a new type of mission introduced every X number of levels and is backword compatible with your current level and give each character one mission that is specific to the stroy each time a new mission type is introduced wich will yield a uniquie item for their profession, but only one, once that mission has been completed, no matter what level it is done at, they can't go back and do it again. they can do missions of the same type, but they won't get the same unique reward over and over again, and these new mission types that can be done over and over again, yes scale them to level and scale what you get from them accordingly. I know most people and espeicaly myself, that once they get something new, like a new mission type, will immeadily go and try it out, and the first mission of that type would be the player specific story mission

Camping as so many others have said is a big no, it's bad enough we all have to do it now in teams when we go hunting, or even looking for the limited number of NPCs that give out quests as it is. no player should ever have to camp for anything it makes for boring game play, remember what I said about the book with the boring sotry. people will go off and find other things to do

I think that there should be a good mix of indoor and outdoor missions, and if used would, an indoor mission could be part of a bigger mission in such that, a player has to enter a cave going for location A to get to a special populated outdoor playing field via an undergound cave or exapand Rubi-ka in the sense that it will take the plater outside the teriformed area. but none the less if used properly indoor and outdoor segments used as mission components is a good idea and is something that I think is unique to AO

And one last thing that I would like to see added is the use of our jumping/swimming skills. sure now we swim accross lakes because well it will maby take a little time off of where we need to go, but since no one raises their swimming skills it doesn't, and as for jumping sure we can jump accross the little pools of green stuff in missions now so we don't take any damamge, but other then that, why be able to jump. mabe add currents to lakes and add places where if we don't jump you will never get to them. sure this is an RPG but a little action never hurt now and then

Here are my 5 cts:

Yeah, I'd love both - profession specific and non-profession specific missions.

Again - both please .

Do you want the quests to scale with your level? (So you may take the same mission at lvl 30 and at 100, only with tougher opponents?
    Sure - that would be nice - even though the Alvin Mission is also ok *as is* - (except for the camping Alvin part).

Is both possible? That would be best.
    Something I forgot: I there are missions that take a longer time to complete, like several days or even longer, they shouldn't take up a mission slot for the "term-generate-missions", but take a different one.

No, no and NO again. Spawn-camping right now is bad enough for Alvin and certain boss-mobs. I mean really, who wants to camp spawn? It's utterly boring. Moreover it favours BIG guilds who can have pple online 24/7. Having to wait between 2 - 18 hrs and then lucking out is *NO* fun.

Is it ok with you if we interweave the normal auto-content mission system in this, so that we can generate areas for you even in these story missions? (Or do you want only outdoor action?)
    Yes this would sure be okay, no problem with that!

==========================

Oh and some hints would be nice... no details - of course not - just hints...
    So there are more Missions than Alvin's... nice to know... - even though it's too bad that one of them was exploited whereas most of us didn't even know about it - and now it's gone.
    Maybe a "Quest-Forum" where ppl can share information, help each other out. Of course this will only be possible if camping is no longer necessary - as long as we need to *fight*/*camp* over missions most ppl prolly won't like to share...
    Last edited by Spacegipsy; Mar 25th, 2002 at 02:39:16.

Angry utterly disappointed

i was very excited about this news and read what others thought about it after i posted...

and i saw what verant did to the mmog scene...

i saw ppl give ONE example about prof specific missions

"EQ s epic weapons"

sure they re cool, but is all you want just some UBER weapon?
    (yes i have serious probs with EQ)

ok guys so far so good

i also saw ppl think that "prof specific mission" equals "prof specific loot"

NO!

profession based missions should change the way the mission is played, the loot is not of real importance here

i dont think most of the playerbase understands this but...

i have a 71 advent......almost NEVER spent time adventuring
    i have a 62 engi....just making bot and killing muties....

my advents title is "preserver" , advents get "ranger" as thier final title.....my "profession specific" mission should be planting a tree or getting an artifact from a big cave that has NO mobs inside to kill but different physical obstacles to pass....

NOT JUST ANOTHER KILL EVERYONE MISSION WITH AN ADVENT-ONLY PISTOL AS REWARD

my engi should go to a far outpost and spend time repairing a broken radar and this isnt done by left clicking the item then right cliking the radar....he should go search shops etc to find diff basic items and then make necesary replacement parts for the radar etc

NOT JUST ANOTHER LET BOT KILL EVERYONE MISSION WITH A TANK ARMOUR THAT GIVES +5 BONUS TO TS&MC AS REWARD

currently classes affect how we do combat

that s why we have ppl saying
    "fixers blitz,crats mez,enf kill so we have prof missions, done"

NO

non combat classes should go do their thing while soldiers,enforcers,NTs go do the killing
    a salesman should by no means get to the point where he can 3-shot kill a soldier
    if you dont understand what the problem is let me explain it for you:
    AO manual says fixers are not good in heavy combat,they re a class that uses "other" ways to get the job done....
    THERE S NO OTHER WAY TO "GET THE JOB DONE" CURRENTLY
    cause everyone just goes to some hunting area and kills,kills,kills
    FC doesnt need to add content except some UBER items dropped by some UBER mobs so after you spend time killing nonstop you can go to a camping spot and chat about it while waiting for the uber mob to spawn.....WOW.......definetely my idea of a rpg...

again back to fixer example,
    they have that GREEN runspeed so they can outrun any law enforcement that finds them, or other criminals/assasins etc if they are caught without their heavy support(thats enforcers)
    their smg and their GA is for situations where they have to personally do the dirty work as an emergency fix....

but fixers have no chance to do their job....cause there s no need for them on a world that s not different from diablo.....

so they just go hunt like other profs and then we get "fixers are too weak,fix them funcom" from every fixer out there...

fixers are weak,not wanted in teams etc etc so what do they do?
    they go blitz missions to make a living,mankind sure can adapt to hostile environments to survive....

a similiar example is "crats mez"

they dont have the calms so they can calm a whole dungeon and then let their bot finish the target,they re not assassins....
    they have calms for the emergency situations ,think about a crat solving a hostage situation by calming the terro etc
    they should never go in all guns blazing and just calm when they run out of HP...(but hey! what am i saying....they ARE better "gunslingers" than advents right? )

i was so happy to hear FC was implementing some prof thingies so professions could really make a diff
    but now i saw what the most of the players understand when they hear prof based......
    everyone just wants to kill...they only want diff loot to go with it..

am i the only sane person left alive or am i going crazy by expecting something that d resemble roleplaying a little from a roleplaying game and its players?
    (it is always funny to see ppl think getting experience and lvling up is what RPG means....so funny my stomach hurts now cause i laughed so much and cant anymore)

PS:someone also said "why limit missions to professions? why limit fun to ppl?"
    because i dont want to go KILL to become a better engineer
    if i wanted to KILL ppl all the time i d be a soldier and not an engineer
    can you explain to me how KILLING can make you advance in your engineering career?
    or how does a doctor advance by KILLING?
    a KILLER crat?
    a KILLER salesman?

did FC s CEO get that title cause he/she KILLED enough ppl?

thx for reading, now i need to go fire up my ps2 and KILL some ppl mindlessly as a thug (yes i m talking about gta3)
    Last edited by Lacaan; Mar 23rd, 2002 at 03:54:39.
    my rerolling squad (what s IPR? )
    Celebnor, Balbanes, Lacaan, Ignetos, Hadouken, Icehilda, Icementat and the late Seregnor

if you ever met one.....well...nevermind

my opinions

>Do you want story-missions that are profession specific or not?

Some certainly should be, but not all.

>Do you want side-defined missions, or missions for everyone?

Both. Some should be -very- side specific, others could be neutral. Storyline stuff should have one side or another.

>Do you want the quests to scale with your level? (So you may take the same mission at lvl 30 and at 100, only with tougher opponents?)

I'd prefer not, but not strongly.

>Do you want many small, or fewer longer quests?

Some of both. There is a lot of room for many small quests, like quest-only nanos and weapons which could be small indoor deals and other larger quests.

>Is it ok with you to camp spawns, like we see in other MMORPGs?

No. My time is precious to me, don't waste it. Increase the challenge if you must, don't insult me by throwing my life away waiting for a spawn.

>Is it ok with you if we interweave the normal auto-content mission system in this, so that we can generate areas for you even in these story missions? (Or do you want only outdoor action?)

Absolutely fine. In fact, you could have faction-related missions which multiple players have to do repeatedly to complete some faction-side reward.
    For instance, you could have a mission to kill an Anun and return the processed anun parts to complete the mission. Each time the mission was completed it might contribute some % to the faction completion of the mission - when the faction mission is completed some new tech could be unlocked or made available.
    These missions could show up in mission booths.

Mission booth missions could be used to sway the control of an area as well. You could have missions in MMD that would increase the OT or FC (filthy clanner) faction of the town...

Talking Story Misssions

Finally! interesting stuff to do in AO! Many of my friends have gotten bored of the game recently and we've just been going through the only minorly entertaining thing there is left, the dungeons. Sadly, even those are getting very dull now, so I think Story missions are terrific!

"Do you want story-missions that are profession specific or not?"

It'd be really awesome to have profession specific missions, but instead of restricting players to only play missions for their profession, I think you should make the different adjustments for each profession, and let everyone play any they choose, regardless of their own profession(so we don't get bored too quickly). If you're willing to make profession specific missions, you might as well let all of us try each different type.

"Do you want side-defined missions, or missions for everyone?"

Definately yes, with side-defined missions, people would actually get inmmersed in the story line, unlike now when all everyone knows is that omni hates clan and clan hates omni.

"Do you want the quests to scale with your level? (So you may take the same mission at lvl 30 and at 100, only with tougher opponents?)"

That'd be great and add to the playable time. However, I think the rewards should, however be lvl based, so higher lvl characters can get neater rewards that help percentage-wise (+10 would mean the world to a lvl 15, but at lvl 150, *shrug*)

"Do you want many small, or fewer longer quests?"

Again, I'd prefer a variety, but if you could only make one type, I'd go with the longer quests for more satisfying rewards.

"Is it ok with you to camp spawns, like we see in other MMORPGs?"

Pleeeeease don't make us camp spawns.

"Is it ok with you if we interweave the normal auto-content mission system in this, so that we can generate areas for you even in these story missions? (Or do you want only outdoor action?)"

Ah, the good ol' outdoors.

Generally, my main suggestion is: Variety. Without it, the game would get boring quickly and would be subject to more mock-games like Progress Quest (you should really check it out, the idea is hilarious).

THANK YOU Lacaan!!!!

OMG, you took the words right out of my mouth, right after I posted my own reply, I saw and read yours. Kudos to you man =)

Though the emphesis should be on role playing, it wouldn't hurt to have some really cool, uber items I love collecting stuff, and doing it onilne in a game lets me do so without selling the house and car

Great news BUT

1. Do you want story-missions that are profession specific or not?
    A1. Not sure about this. Because this could lead to unbalanced items for that givin class. If the item is the same but the quest is different, then yes... that would be good.

2. Do you want side-defined missions, or missions for everyone?
    A2. Both. But again make sure they are both balanced.

3. Do you want the quests to scale with your level? (So you may take the same mission at lvl 30 and at 100, only with tougher opponents?)
    A3. Not really. Maybe a spin off. So you get the 30th lvl item. Then when your 55th, you talk to the same NPC you get an updated mission and you return the quest items and your old quest reward for a new reward.

4. Do you want many small, or fewer longer quests?
    A4. Small for nice "ok" to "good" items.
    But need to have a few long missions for very nice loot. Kinda like an epic type quest. Ones that take some time.. not farming for items though.

5. Is it ok with you to camp spawns, like we see in other MMORPGs?
    A5. OMG do you even have to ask??? NO
    I think that camping NPCs is SO EVERQUEST!!

6. Is it ok with you if we interweave the normal auto-content mission system in this, so that we can generate areas for you even in these story missions? (Or do you want only outdoor action?)
    A6. A mix of both would be nice. SOmetimes it is just nice to have a change.

Thumbs up My 2 creds

I have to agree with most of the other respondants, I find this a great idea. I also have to agree no spawn camping. However I think it's important to place a little disagreement here.

1) Eliminate the normal missions, in favor of a similiar format which favors individual class specific tasks and rewards.

2) Make several quests which you will be offered at various points in your career.
    A) These quests should be both class and level specific.
    B) The reward should be different for each person who
    undertakes the mission.
    C) The award might be some form of serverwide recog-
    nition. Ie.. a new line of clothing made in honor of
    the player, or "mention in the dispatches".
    D) Clan/omni/neutrals should simultaneously compete
    completion of one of these quests, let the best Opti-
    fex win.
    E) Make each quest be a blend of different elements, in-
    stead of go in kill everyone het prize, there should be
    many aspects to each mission, find the npc, convince
    him to assist you, gather the item/information, this
    a leads to a combination of wilderness/city/building
    elements.
    3) Make team missions more like what we have now for solo missions.

Example.
    Solo agent mission Recover stolen plans from a desk in an office somewhere, Photograph them, and replace them in the desk, all without alerting or killing anyone.
    Solo Omni agent quest. A notorious clan agent is up to no good, figure out what hes doing and stop him. This might mean gathering information on what his ultimate objective is, and placing yourself there to kill him first, or eliminate the objective. If the clanner needs to assist an Omni Doctor in defecting to Clan with all of his documents, you might kill the doctor/the clanner substitute the documents for documents which would undermine the doctors credibility, or even better, get proof of the clan agents activities and expose him gaining a PR coup.

Each quest could be an opportunity for both sides to interact.

Orcus Blackweather
    Assasin at Large

Blackweather 27th lvl OT Optifex Agent

Thank you for asking

1> Do you want story-missions that are profession specific or not?
    Why not some of both, so people have a choice (solo/team as well)? Imagines:

"A team of adventurers? Really?"

"Hey, we, got finished at least! OK, maybe it took forever to kill anything, but no one died!"

*grin*

Perhaps some of the rewards could be profession specific, kinda like the current "Hey, there is a SHEN on this one, anyone want it?" Of course that would depend on the honesty of the team... You could have more profession specific stuff in missions currently for that matter. The wait on a certain dragon is a pain.

2> Do you want side-defined missions, or missions for everyone?

Everyone! (Go figure, typical neutral answer) Perhaps some of the rewards could be side specific, and change "on the fly?" so no matter who went, everyone could get some neat items. I have learned, mixed teams are a LOT of fun (more sarcasm too hehe).

3> Do you want the quests to scale with your level? (So you may take the same mission at lvl 30 and at 100, only with tougher opponents?)

Why not some of both, so people have a choice? Sometimes I feel lazy, and WANT to sandbag, ok? Sometimes we want a challenge, sometimes we don't.
    nonetheless...GREATER RISK=GREATER REWARD (no pain, no gain)

4> Do you want many small, or fewer longer quests?

DOH! Why not some of both, so people have a choice?

5> Is it ok with you to camp spawns, like we see in other MMORPGs?

Shame on you for even asking this! And what do you mean OTHER mmorpgs? PBBT! *giggle* JUST SAY NO. But don't make the items so infrequent (like a certain dragon or droid that comes to mind) that people won't even want to try...Sooner or later they will figure it our anyway. The predictability is part of the problem.

6> Is it ok with you if we interweave the normal auto-content mission system in this, so that we can generate areas for you even in these story missions? (Or do you want only outdoor action?)

Yes, it is, but don't make them all just "KILL the baddies inside, then KILL the baddies outside" (we already have that, ok?). Additinaly, don't make them just the typical "take this item here and then this item here and assemble it here and/or give to this person" Variety will stave off the inevitable boredom for a lot longer. And besides, I think getting there *IS* half the fun. (Hint, underwater...tight caves, btw the scenery in places like Steps of Madness is a good discussion starte when you go).
    "Ignorance is the greatest evil we will ever face" . -Dr. James Cone, ca 1990 CE

Available for Weddings, Mediations, Treaties, Celebrations, and Hugs...
    Neutrals come join #neutrality on irc.funcom.com! Everyone welcome.
    Counseling available by appointment-Priestess Cathryn Ardman
    Cat's Closet

Favourite Chat Colours: 250 200 250, try it!
    I am an adventurer, of COURSE I like going camping! :P

Yes! Cool!

Probably both, if that's an option. But I'd like it if most were side-defined.

Do you want the quests to scale with your level? (So you may take the same mission at lvl 30 and at 100, only with tougher opponents?)
    No. That would make them less special. If they're aimed at a specific level, you have something to work towards to. Kinda like a new nano or implant set.

Hmm... Can I prefer an intermediate amount of intermediately sized missions?

No. Let me repeat that: no.

No.
    No.

NO! NO! NO!

no.

Well... I'd like the missions to also have indoor content. But I wouldn't like to see the exact same rooms in static missions that I do in random ones. I don't really mind auto-content in missions, but I'd suggest a different set of rooms for these missions.
    Vanguard Mharc. Self-equipper extraordinaire no longer. I'm back!

Profession specific, with rewards useful to the profession the quest is designed for. Or non specific quests, with a variety of profession specific rewards awarded according to the profession of the person doing the mission. The latter will be easier to implement so I'm leaning towards that one.

Sided.

Scale with level. That way no one can miss out on doing a quest by outleveling the quest before they find the quest. Not everyone is in the know and up to date with the spoiler sites! Don't penalize them.

Many small. Or perhaps many small quests with an overarching story the way Daoc 'epic' quests are done.

No camping! Freaking random shop inventory is a bad enough form of camping already pissing me off, add more and I'm gone. You'll never match the EQ game designers' sadisticness, the masochistic will inevitably be drawn to EQ.

Auto content is preferrable. Outdoors will leave your quest open to interference by other players. Overland travel is of course acceptable, and perhaps gathering a monster part or two from commonly spawning mobs. But for heaven's sake don't put a named npc where just anybody can wander by and find them. Named npc = special loot = mongo smash. In EQ, if you ever saw a special mob you killed it no matter what, even if it was on your faction.

Just to sum up, that's about 130 posts against spawn-camping, and zero for...

Please NO SPAWN-CAMPING!! I'd rather watch the paint dry...

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast