Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Story missions

Wink

Do you want story-missions that are profession specific or not?

Yes, please

Do you want side-defined missions, or missions for everyone?

Both

Do you want the quests to scale with your level? (So you may take the same mission at lvl 30 and at 100, only with tougher opponents?)

yes

Do you want many small, or fewer longer quests?

many small is cool. It would be nice to see the seris quest.
    The type that build on each other. and upgrade the reward as
    you go.

Is it ok with you to camp spawns, like we see in other MMORPGs?

NO, NO, NO, NO, and oh yeah NO!!!!!

thats the one big thing i like about AO to get the iteam i want i can buy it from someone or a shop. just have to do the missions for the cash or low and behold find the yalm in a chest, like i did
    tonight!! (wooohoo me!!! sorry ) but i don't have to worry about sitting for hours and waiting on some mob and getting KSed at the sec it pops.

Is it ok with you if we interweave the normal auto-content mission system in this, so that we can generate areas for you even in these story missions? (Or do you want only outdoor action?)

yeah i would love to be looking for a mission and BANG heres a quest. just make them ez to see like a big green star so we don't miss them in the normal scans and have them as a random chance in any combo of mission settings.

Also just want to thank you guys for doing all the great work!!! the game is looking alot better and running alot smoother!
    and also for asking what it is we want to see in the game and not just dumping stuff on us! like one other game i can think of.
    you guys are great. ^^^^^^^^^WOOT^^^^^^^^

boggart!

i Like these ideas but...

NO Camping please. Ive finished the Dodga mission but it took me 3 days of camping Just to get to him.Thats three days were i had absoulutely no enjoyment from the game.

Talking I wonder if they will actually read all these..

Info on Me:
    Played thooooooousands of Online Games. Never tried AO until recently due to responses from friends who had tried it and hated it. They have since changed their minds, and invited me to play with them. I love it so far, and I can only hope that the excitement stays. I am leaving EQ for AO, it just cant compare with what appears to be a much more involved game. That said, I am a Newb, and I always put both feet in my mouth when I speak so take note...

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes
    (It would be nice to see stories centered around covert operations for agents, and out door exploration for the adventurers. This would also allow the reward to be more geared towards a specific profession. I would also wonder if skills could be looked at in a quest, in otherwords if someone has really high stealth but isnt an agent, perhaps they can do some of the agent type quests... Just a thought)

quote:

Sided
    (I like the three way split thats going on, and I would like to see some OMNI tech or CLAN type items only. I am unsure where the neutrals would side in these, perhaps they might be able to do both? Or perhaps it is another incentive to pick a side...)

quote:
    Do you want the quests to scale with your level? (So you may take the same mission at lvl 30 and at 100, only with tougher opponents?)

Yes
    (The reward should also scale appropriatly. There was nothing I hated more in EQ than getting involved in a quest that ended up requiring me to solo somthing out of my range.)

quote:

Both
    (The short ones would be great for those of us who cant spend allot of time online. The longer ones would be awesome for those of us who have no life.)

quote:

No
    (This is one of the reasons I left EQ or began searching for something else in the first place. I literally camped things for days at a time. It was so boring, and burned me out so fast, it isnt even funny. But go ahead if you hate people, its a great tactic to really get everyone upset at you.)

quote:
    Is it ok with you if we interweave the normal auto-content mission system in this, so that we can generate areas for you even in these story missions? (Or do you want only outdoor action?)

Indoor and Outdoor
    (From an agent's perspective I could see allot of infiltrating hostile factories or business buildings etc etc. From an Adventurer I could see allot of spulunking and outdoors action. I think a mixture of both would be cool, but I also understand that if things are outdoors you may be running into a camp situation. Taking EQ again, I spawn X NPC in a place far away from me. I race over there, only to find out that someone killed him to see what he would drop. If the only way to get around this is to do them all in doors, then I am for indoors only.)

Nobody in their right mind is going to read all this...

Re: I wonder if they will actually read all these..

I've read a good portion of all the posts in this thread.. but then again, no one has ever said I'm in my right mind

Originally posted by Valhalid
    Nobody in their right mind is going to read all this...

Missions and rewards.

Hi,
    for those who manage to read this far down the thread I have a few ideas I want to throw at them. (In lack of sharp objects for my MA)

What I most of all miss in AO is a more open mind regarding missions/quests. I want small, fun to do, quests with rewards that dont give me better lvling ability but token items that I can show off to my guildies (+ xp). Fetching an notum rich fruit for a sick child npc rewards me with her favorite teddybear, totally useless but UNIQUE.

I also want large complex quests that sends me all over Rubi-Ka interacting with different NPC AND PC. (Find a neutral PC trader in Newland to wrangle me into a quest-weapon needed for the next stage of the quest...) The rewards for this should be a one time shot at a breed change at my local black market genetic change doctor. Or extra IPR points.
    Or Items/Char changes allowing me to allocate 6 IP points to a skill/level instead of max 5.
    Don't limit rewards to items! Include char changes as rewards!

Make riddle quests: An engineer NPC gives you a math problem he needs solved (for the creation of his new
    notumdriven Yalm cabriolet). If your character has 600 int the player get 2 minutes to solve the riddle, a 24 int
    gives the player 5 seconds. Gives the player some small xp amount and on the umpteenth success rewards him with a students cap. (see silly rewards above)
    Make word riddles. Make lots of them. Rotate which are
    used between different NPC. Give xp for this but not so much it inspires cheating. Gives people other things to do than lvling.

Ok, I'll stop here before my ideas get to far fetched (oops, to late. :-)
    Just want to bring up the idea that a mission does not has too be "go fetch item a from monster b" or "go kill the ûberleet in Clon****". And that the reward does not have to be an item.

Already hearing the swooooosh from people switching on the flamethrowers. :-D
    Last edited by Locke; Mar 26th, 2002 at 17:30:45.

Quest missions

I'm kinda out of my comfort zone here because I've never tried a quest missions before. So, I don't really know how they're all that different, other than that they provide special loot which I can sometimes sell for a boatload of cash

So, I'll tell you what I'd like to see from the missions available. I'd like to be able to have a clan mission. I'd like to be able to pull a mission as a clan leader from some type of high command and then delegate to my clan members tasks, or pieces of a mission towards finishing the mission. I'd like to be able to have a bit more detailed mission requirements. I'd like to be able to have my agents sneak some missions which require agent skills (concealment). I'd like to be able to have my engineers go off and do something that requires high mech-e/elec-eng skill (build some mother of a structure out of carbonrich rock or something that the other side can then get a clan mission to destroy/infiltrate/take over). I'd like to have the adventurers go out and collect items, the doctors build some new type of implant technology and then tutor others on how to do it, and so on and so forth. I'd also like to have missions that required multiple divisions to work together. Have a mission where the engineers have to go take out some Omni OP or something, but the resistance is so strong that it requires a brigade of enforcers to go along to hold off the onslaught. The docs then need to get involved to tend the enforcers. Have certain things only be accesible by some special passageway through the grid. Others can go along but they need to be taken through and shown the way by a fixer.

Have missions where things can be built as well as destroyed. I think it's also important to have missions where people not affiliated with an org can partake in the struggle against the other faction. I just think it's really important that the focus be more on taking over the planet and establishing political, material and social dominance over the planet. Getting a nice crit and seeing a monster go down is always fun, but I'd really like it if I felt as though I were spending my time working more towards a cause than anything else.

I'd also like to be able to create these missions as a clan leader.

I think the missions should definitely be sided. I want to take down Omni, not collect monster parts.

I think the missions should be different at different skill levels. I don't want to do the same mission at lvl100 as I did at lvl 30. If I were an Army general here on the planet earth, I probably wouldn't give the noob privates the same mission I'd give seasoned veterans. There's got to be an element of strategic thinking and operational ability involved in making a mission successful. It shouldn't just be killing stuff, or knowing where to find a particular mob, or having a specific IP investment in particular skills.

Is any of this stuff possible on the world of Rubi-Ka before EG?

Oh, and definitely no camping. Giving agents a mission to assasinate a political official is one thing, killing a Buckethead Technoscavenger for loot is another thing entirely.

Post RE: Story Missions

- Yes, but it would be nice to offer both through different means.

- Yes to Side defined

- Yes scale to levels. That way all levels can try for these missions. However random rewards for accomplishments. Would get boring to get the same reward even if it was at a higher level.

- Both would be nice

- Camping stinks. NO, NO, No camping.

- Yes it would be nice to have these pop up ocassionally in the Mission terminals.

My .02 cents...

please oh please

If you are going to avoid camping in story quests somehow then PLEASE OH PLEASE, devise a method for the current static dungeons and their blatant evercamp problem.

The amount of people enjoying these static dungeons and the forthcoming story missions would increase by huge proportions. I don't know how many of my faction members have wanted to do a static dungeon meant for their level, only to decide not to because some guild has 5 level 100+ and 1 lowbie getting the goods camped out in a dungeon.

Please fix this and it would make the game sooooo much more entertaining in the long run.

Talking Re: Re: I wonder if they will actually read all these..

Originally posted by jws
    I've read a good portion of all the posts in this thread.. but then again, no one has ever said I'm in my right mind
    I dont know if thats a good thing or a bad thing, but I do know its an amazing thing.

Originally posted by Locke
    What I most of all miss in AO is a more open mind regarding missions/quests. I want small, fun to do, quests with rewards that dont give me better lvling ability but token items that I can show off to my guildies (+ xp). Fetching an notum rich fruit for a sick child npc rewards me with her favorite teddybear, totally useless but UNIQUE.
    Wow, I totally forgot why EQ quests were so boring. Same ol same old, kill X take head to y get uber L3VVt.

In fact there was only one quest that I actually enjoyed doing, so much I did it over and over. It was for a Dark Elf Cleric or a Troll Shaman. You essentially camped this druid master (Very Boring), then you took its head (big surprise) to an Enchanter in the Dark Elf city of Neriak. (Here is where it gets fun) The enchanter casts a spell on the head and turns it into a magical mask that transforms its user into a halfling. It only has one charge so you have to use it in the right place. You then have to find this halfling fellow, and tell him your going to help him. By helping this halfling twit you get a secret message written in halfling which tells of an invasion into Neriak. You have to take the message to the enchanter and at that point a spy appears in a secret tunnel in Neriak. It took me a long time to find the spy, I killed him and then had to take his head (Woot! another surprise) and a necklace I had received earlier, to some guy who gave me an item with a spell I couldnt normally cast as a cleric or a shaman.
    The funnest part of this quest was being able to turn into a halfling for a short time. The halflings had no idea that a Dark Elf was wondering around their city, I even cornered a halfling punk and beat him up behind a water fall just for kicks. IM not sure why... But that kind of a quest was allot funner than anything else they had to offer. And I did it, not for the item, but for the fun of deception...

SalaciousD
    Have missions where things can be built as well as destroyed. I think it's also important to have missions where people not affiliated with an org can partake in the struggle against the other faction. I just think it's really important that the focus be more on taking over the planet and establishing political, material and social dominance over the planet. Getting a nice crit and seeing a monster go down is always fun, but I'd really like it if I felt as though I were spending my time working more towards a cause than anything else.
    I think that this goes beyond the engine. Granted I have no idea what it can be capable of. But my basic understanding is, destroying buildings are not possible within this construct at this time. They did make outposts capable of being taken over much like in DAoC. Perhaps if these outposts had something else to offer as far as an advantage. In other words, you take over outpost 3-4 and you gain X territory. I know the guards change once the outposts are taken. Perhaps they could even consider having newbie 30- level outposts that can only be held or taken over by those levels thus involving all the ranges. Dunno. But I understand the need to have some sort of long range goal. Pitting player against player is a constant challenge. After all, we all need to sleep some time. Good ideas though! I would really like to smash some stuff... hehe

Originally posted by boggart

NO, NO, NO, NO, and oh yeah NO!!!!!

boggart!
    boggart speaks for me.

NO, NO, NO, NO, NO. Camping and not being able to solo at all unless you are major twink is why I left EQ.

Q: Do you want story-missions that are profession specific or not?
    A: Both. Some missions may require a special profession (an engineer fixing someones door - just to make a stupid example), while others may require someone with a talent for killing or protecting - in which case I think all professions should have a go. Making profession specific quests make people want to try out different profs, and it might be one of the ways to get people to choose profs which doesnt nessecarely mean that your über in combat.

Q: Do you want side-defined missions, or missions for everyone?
    A: Side-defined AND for everyone. Mostly side-defined though, as I think it makes more sence. Or perhaps the mission was handed to you from someone who was neutral. Then all could do it.

Q: Do you want the quests to scale with your level? (So you may take the same mission at lvl 30 and at 100, only with tougher opponents?)
    A: No, absolutely not. I want pre-fixed missions, with a specific lvl. I dont want lvl 30's to do the same missions as lbl 100's, AND I dont want lvl 100's to do the same missions as lvl 30's either.

Q: Do you want many small, or fewer longer quests?
    A: In time, both. Now, just give us whatever

Q: Is it ok with you to camp spawns, like we see in other MMORPGs?
    A: No, not at all. I would like for the character who have a certain mission to move around in the world. It shouldn't be too easy to find him, and to be given the mission should be considered a reward for finding him/her.

Q: Is it ok with you if we interweave the normal auto-content mission system in this, so that we can generate areas for you even in these story missions? (Or do you want only outdoor action?)
    A: A though one... I'd say both. Again, I cant stress enough that if there is more variety in missions, they will be more fun.

-Do you want story-missions that are profession specific or not?

Yes

-Do you want side-defined missions, or missions for everyone?

Side-defined missions that have zoning requirements on the reward, i allready hate how omni camp bots at trashking so they can side hop and put on a clan pad.

-Do you want the quests to scale with your level? (So you may take the same mission at lvl 30 and at 100, only with tougher opponents?)

Well i think that different missions should be geared for different levels, like the NPC would say "Come back later when your more experienced i may have something for you" if your not apropriate level to recieve the quest.

-Do you want many small, or fewer longer quests?

A range of quests with apropriate rewards, a longer quest should have a better item than a short quest.

-Is it ok with you to camp spawns, like we see in other MMORPGs?

NO! NO! NO! Spawn camping is why i have left other MMORPGs a key system should be implemented so that an individual dungeon per key is made, that way everyone can still kill the monster without having to wait in line, or killsteel, or whine that someone stole thier kill.

-Is it ok with you if we interweave the normal auto-content mission system in this, so that we can generate areas for you even in these story missions? (Or do you want only outdoor action?)

As in the previous post, if individual dungeon style areas where popped for each person with the mission i wouldnt have a problem with it. Outdoor action encourages pop hoarding by other players doing the same quest and in my opinion is bad over all.

For instance in the case of the clan shoulder pads of the su****ious quest started by giving you a key to an area where strange robots have been hanging out and inside there where different named robots that each dropped a specific piece you needed, its more fun because your not just siting someplace killing bots your going someplace to kill Junkboto and his buddies obtain thier technology and give it to the guy.

Oh and quest giving NPCs should never depop, some people arent on long enough in a day to interact with a NPC that is only there some of the time.

Melbringi 90 Clan Fixer RK2

Post My Soap Box

Absolutely.
    I think anything that broadens the scope and understanding of one's character class for the players is a great idea.
    How many times have well all been so annoyed with just simply taking a mission after an hour or two of CAMPING a mission terminal for something class/race specific?
    I think if an Enforcer wants an enforcer nano that is not available in a shop, this is a great way to make it happen.
    Same for any other class.

Again, absolutely...

This is an excellent way to get players interested/involved with the story line Funcom is so adamantly trying to sell to players new and old.
    It is also an excellent way to promote role play within an MMORPG that is sadly starting to appear as nothing more then a complex first person shooter.
    I know several players personally that have no idea what the storyline behind AO is about. And I think anything FC can do to promote their own story and generate a more enjoyable atmosphere to RP in is a good idea.

I think this is a good idea...In my mind it's kind of going back to re-read a good book you really enjoyed only the next time around the story is richer and more understandable in some cases.
    It definetly should scale with one's level as should the item/reward for completing the quest.

ALl of the above.
    I think the more of a range there is in the style, variety, length, choices, items, NPCs...all of it...should vary with every quest.
    This is kind of a silly question in my mind as it's almost the same as being asked..."do you enjoy watching the same movie 40 times?"
    Well, I may the first 20 but it will get old after a while and I think anything that can be done to prevent the game and the story from getting old is a positive thing...variety is the ****e of life!

Absolutely NOT!

I have a bit of experince with another well known MMORPG where camping is the rule of the day.
    You run into problems such as large and powerful guilds spending DAYS even WEEKS camping the same spawn so as to outfit their entire group with whatever special item that mob/npc may drop when killed.
    If that NPC drops something that is NOT a nodrop item, then you run the risk of disbalancing already shakey and unbalanced currency system in AO even further.
    Example: I recall the time when Katara sunglasses went for as high as 4 million credits in the shopping channel.
    Lets say we have NPC "A" that drops item "B" and item "B" is a rather useful, unique or rare item.
    Item "B" will not only CEASE to be rare, but players, particularly newer ones, will find them selves at the mercy of older players simply out to make a buck ripping them off solely because that new player has NO idea that they can get the item themselves with a little effort.
    This unbalances the game, creates a market for items that should not find their way into the market hardly ever if at all, creates a new method for players to abuse the system and make millions off of items anyone can get their hands on, and in general creates yet another boring factor to the game..."camping"

After all...why go kill NPC "A" for item "B" your self when whatever he/she/it drops can just be found on the open market?
    This makes NPC "A's" presence in the game to begin with virtually insignificant. Especially if we're talking Quest NPCs.
    I think this is an extremely bad idea and ruins the game overall.

Again. variety is the ****e of life.
    Anything to make the game more interesting and seemingly ever changing is a good thing.
    A lot of players have complained, particularly at higher levels, of monotony taking over and their character becomming "boring" to play as they've "been there done that" and seen it all.

I know when I reach level 200 I STILL want things to do..

As we, the players, are all paying customers, I think it's FCs job to make sure this happens and make certain that this game/product is worth the money we all put into it every month/year.
    Last edited by Maephina; Mar 27th, 2002 at 04:15:01.

Exclamation I love camping!

Actually, I don't like camping. But after reading nearly every response to this post, it's clear that most people aren't sure WHY there is camping and what are the consequences of removing it.

As an example, I present two theoretical servers, Rubi-Kamp and Dyni-Ka, and a theoretical item, Nano-Crystal (Lag). Both servers have been running for about a year, and have a small but slowly growing population of high to maximum level characters. The Nano-Crystal (Lag) can only be attained through a quest, but it is immensly powerful since it can turn network lag directly into nano and health.

What is questing like on Rubi-Kamp?

In order to get the crystal on Rubi-Kamp, a lvl 200 boss in a high level dungeon must be killed. He is a 24 hour spawn and doesn't always drop the item. Spending two weeks of devoted gameplay (95% of which is sitting on your butt) on Rubi-Kamp will get you the cherished nano-crystal, and now your Nanotechnician is tougher, cooler, and has a neat, green glow. People take notice of your new nano as float effortlessly around Omni-Entertainment Whompas, recharging your nano rapidly ...

The Nano-Crystal (Lag) is an exceptionally rare item on this server. Since only one drops every 3 days, after one full year no more than 120 or so of these have dropped. Less than that will be in use on active players at one time, maybe 50, all owned by lvl 200 players. Characters with this item are regarded in awe by beginner and veteran alike.

This is all much different than Dyni-Ka ...

In order to get the crystal on Dyni-Ka, an elaborate (and entertaining) mission must be completed involving a lot of travel and talking to persistant NPCs. It culminates in a team-mission style battle against a lvl 200 boss. After two week of gathering the necissary items, performing sub-quests and interacting with PCs and NPCs alike, your team defeats the boss. Now your Nanotechnician is tougher, cooler, and has a neat, green glow. Sorta like everyone elses green glow.

The Nano-Crystal (Lag) is a very common item on this server. Nothing is standing in the way of anyone who is high enough level from attaining this item. After the first two weeks this quest was available on Dyna-Ka, everyone who could do the mission would have already done it. After one year, every high level character on the server would sport a neat, green glow. Those that don't have it find out quickly that they must get it because some groups demand that every team member use their Lag nano to help out the Doctor. Of course, Funcom would have nerfed the nano and/or removed the mission before a year went by on Dyni-Ka.

I like Dyni-Ka, I'm sure it's a fun place and I definately would like to see part of it in Rubi-Ka. But it is missing those barely attainable, ultra-rare items that I probably will only see and not hold. And I of course would value the slightly less rare items I would have fought, and waited, and bargained for. So I definately would like to see some of Rubi-Kamp put into Rubi-Ka as well. Everyone needs to keep in mind that not putting barriers (like spawn camping) to prevent items from becoming commonplace will just devalue the item in question anyway. And while I have seen a lot of great ideas here, I am not certain I have heard an adequate substitution to camping.

As a final note, let me just say that camping does NOT have to be a bad experience. I spent my fair share of camping rare spawns on EverQuest's PvP server. Despite the fact that any one of the people I was up against could have attacked and killed me at any moment the ordeals were surprisingly civil. We chatted, compared our hunting/camping experiences and gave advice on later quests. When the spawn came, the next person in line took it and we all bunkered down for another couple of hours. Questioning someone's place in line was rare, since you were bound to run into those people again doing similar missions, maybe with their guildmates this time. I am going to dismiss the uncivilized behavior I have seen at camps on AO because of the sheer rarity of the static missions now. Ideally, camping is about patience and diplomacy, and sometimes subterfuge and violence. If Funcom handles camping right, it can be all of this. A much better alternative to everyone walking through different doors and coming out with the same item. I think.

Ozeki
    Level 50 Adventurer
    Rubi-Ka 1

Wink Dyni-Kamp

(Giggling amused and entertained)

Your post makes a lot of sense...however there are still a few problems.

I give you the example of Steps of Madness.

On more then one occasion I have been in that place, helping guild mates and friends whip up on Neleb to get his nifty robe (Poor guy getting--beat down and left for dead in your underwear has GOT to get old fast).

And on more then one occassion I have seen LESS then civil "camp" sharing, with higher level PCs flying into the room to KS the lower level PCs and rob them of their glorious final battle with the big guy.
    This creates another problem...petitions.
    You get a nifty nano (lag) that gives you a neet green glow, it only drops once every three days and the world you live in is in a state of war...clanner vs. OT...etc.
    There is nothing saying that 150th level clanner NT with nukes that out damage your WHOLE team every 5 seconds can not come in, own Neleb and take away your prize, but players have a tendancy to get royally purturbed by such behavior..even in a war torn highly pvp envioronment...and then they STILL yell for their moms (an Ark)

It's sad really but true.
    And with a rare item the fighting over said item would be, in my opinion, far worse then Neleb's robe for example.
    I agree some sort of mid way or middle ground should be found with quests and items attained on them.
    Perhaps all items attained on quests should be no drop?

This Eliminates the "I get team, we kill mob every time it spawns for a month, we get item, we sell item for 40 mil on OT market"...etc etc

That would SUCK!.

And I DO mean everything...nanos, armor...whatever it may be...ALL nodrop.

I see the benefits to camping particularly for those rare and extra spiffy items that not many have but...camping for an item...I mean think of the logic in a story setting for just a moment please.

You spend a week talking to NPCs and PCs to track down the location of another NPC who has a clue you need to fulfill your quest. You get said clue (provided said clue giving mob is not CAMPED) and then carry on your quest for completetion.

When you arrive at the site where the final mob is , he is not anywhere to be found...presumably killed at some point over the last 2 days maybe 3...

so you wait

and wait

and finally HE SPAWNS....

and what happens then?

Some team of PCs 40 levels over you come in at the right spawn time and WOOP the guy KSing you and stealing your prize.

My point there?

In order to complete a quest, it should NOT solely involve killing something.

Perhaps you must gather assorted items to fashion something together...or even take them to another NPC and have him/her make the item for you.

I suppose the possibilities are endless there...but camping and KSing seem to go hand and hand on a regular basis and in the end...all FC would be doing is creating MORE work for their ARKs who would have a ton more petitions to answer to in reponse to disgruntled players who were ksed of their sweet victory.

Mnnn....this issue requires serious and careful consideration before it goes live that's for sure.

Talking Hi Solitaire

Hello observant person!

Yeah, you're right about Jon's identity. And furthermore, Funcom grabbed both of us

Runar Thor - Designer

PS. I guess that we won't going for camping then, LOL Thanks for the replies everyone, keep them coming!

I hate camping.
    RK1 Guild Apocalypse

Dillon "Duradas" Belote, Fixer
    Kiyoko "Selarana" Vallone, Meta Physicist
    Donald "Jorman" Dublin, Bureaucrat
    Burl "Gnorrg" Marinos, Enforcer
    Florence "Florania" Aronstein, Doctor
    ----
    RK3, Arnold "Gideon" Reineman, Enforcer

Talking A camping I will go, a camping I will go! HI HO THE MERRY OH!

Originally posted by Ozeki
    As a final note, let me just say that camping does NOT have to be a bad experience. I spent my fair share of camping rare spawns on EverQuest's PvP server.
    Your RIGHT! KS'ing aside, I mean you get to sit on your butt for 3 days straight staring at the same spot waiting for MOJO JOJO to spawn! DING! Your skill at playing Gems has just increased! (999)

Hehe, you make a valid point. But I think that keeping items unique can be done without requiring people to sit on their butts all day and not enjoy the game. Verant started a concept that never really caught on a while back, that was an excellent solution to this problem. Non static quests, with reward items one per server. In your example, it may be just a few per server per year, but the concept still remains.

Originally posted by Maephina
    On more then one occasion I have been in that place, helping guild mates and friends whip up on Neleb to get his nifty robe (Poor guy getting--beat down and left for dead in your underwear has GOT to get old fast).
    Hehe, only someone who has had this happen to him could have put it so well! Aye, waking up in some alley 900 miles away from where you were, with your underwear pulled up and over your head does get old after about the 3rd time.

Originally posted by Maephina
    Perhaps all items attained on quests should be no drop?
    This Eliminates the "I get team, we kill mob every time it spawns for a month, we get item, we sell item for 40 mil on OT market"...etc etc
    I can understand your desire to keep people from L3VVT PH@R^^!NG. I sorta hate the concept of no drop though. I mean they put allot of work into this game to make it seem more realistic. No Drop crap just totally throws that all in the trash. Perhaps they could make the items self destroy after a minute or so? Of course no drop doesnt correct the problem of having ubers camp stuff for lowbies. But thats a whole other discussion.

Interesting points though. I am in agreement with keeping the L3VVT PH@R^^3R$ away from the dragons horde.

Edit Notes: Forgot to end quote :>
    Last edited by Erorr; Mar 27th, 2002 at 14:59:18.

Talking Just great

quote:

Yes, please

quote:

Sided. There's a war going on here...

quote:

Definitely, yes

quote:

Both. Wohoo!

quote:

Argh! The landscapes in AO are beautiful, but not THAT beautiful. For Heaven's sake: NO!

quote:

Sure, fine.

All together it sounds just wonderful. If we could even - in time - have missions where the outcome actually reflects in the greater picture, it would be...well...very nice
    May Muir enlighten your path...

Muir Templar Ket Rosteen, Voice of the Templars (Clan solitus Meta-Phycisist).
    Muir Templar Sek Hardeen, Leader of the Templars (Clan solitus Bureaucrat).
    Muir Templar Het Masteen, True Voice of the Tree (Clan solitus Doctor).
    Muir Templar Meg Sylveen, Defender of the Tree (Clan solitus Enforcer).
    Muir Templar Teq Vargeen, Warrior of the Muir (Clan solitus Trader).

I like everything so far said concerning Story mission with one excpetion, NO CAMPING. Here is an experience that relates to Maephina post.
    Wife and I enter Steps of Madness lvl 60ish. We fought all alone till the end, go into main room 1 group sitting there. We go up and join their team as they had 4, they need 2 coats, we wanted 1 for wife we are all in our 60-70lvls. 5 min before Neleb shows up an entire goup of low 100+ shows up, Neleb spawns they take coat. We tell them that we were here first and trying to get coat. They yell and cuss at us about being omni(like this had anythign to do with the camping) and told to goto h*&$ as they will take what they wanted and we couldnot stop them. I petition, arn Ark shows we tell them what is happening, we wait now a GM shows up along with the ARK. neleb spawns they take coat. The GM sorry nothing we can do. if you want to leave the dungeon and come back in it "might" spawn a new one as it has limit on number of people in it. There are 12 of us in dungeon, i highly doubt that after fighting our way out and coming back in it will spawn a new one. The clan group keeps yelling at us and cussing, so much for being considerate of others. Finally I called to my guild for help and a very nice lvl 169 enforcer came out and joined us and we got our coat.

This is my wifes time playing an mmrpg we have been playing since Sep. She just about quit over what happend, and if FC keeps spawn camping in game we will leave as we dont have the time to camp and play. this isnot mentioning how many times I was jumped in front of at Alvin.

Please FC stop the camping. I thought the idea of a key generator at the static dungeons was great, get a key dup it for goup go in with no one else.

longer than I wanted but I sure hope FC reads all the post concerning NO CAMPING.

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast