Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Story missions

-Do you want story-missions that are profession specific or not?
    It would be nice to have missions that are profession specific, maybe giving a profession specific reward item.

-Do you want side-defined missions, or missions for everyone?
    I would prefer side-defined missions. PvP is an aspect of the game that is optional, to an extent. I know people who have played for a very long time and have yet to see a player from the opposite side. If the majority of the story missions were side-defined, then running around trying to figure the mission out would be the main concern, not constantly looking over our shoulder to see if an omni or clan spy was sneaking up behind you...

-Do you want the quests to scale with your level? (So you may take the same mission at lvl 30 and at 100, only with tougher opponents?)
    Yes. It would be nice to be able to go through the fun of the mission, regardless of what level you have made it to.

-Do you want many small, or fewer longer quests?
    The more story missions, the better. How about doing some smaller one and some that are much longer? The more there is to keep us thinking, the better.

-Is it ok with you to camp spawns, like we see in other MMORPGs?
    No. Camping is one aspect of mass rpg's that is really irritating. Rare spawns should be shared by all, not a few that choose to hog it.

-Is it ok with you if we interweave the normal auto-content mission system in this, so that we can generate areas for you even in these story missions? (Or do you want only outdoor action?)
    Yes. Interweaving the auto and story missions would be fine. Like I've said before, the more there is to keep me thinking, the better the game is. I've been doing auto missions for so long, I've learned to take each one as a role playing experience. Being able to use the story missions with them would give us more role playing opportunities. And, as far as this player goes, role playing is most of the fun, no matter what level your character is.

Thumbs down Ugh.. camping..

The camping is the exact reason why I have chosen not to participate in any of the story missions. After hearing that an npc called "Dodga" was handing out quests, I eagerly travelled to his home only to find 10 people camping it. Disgusting. If I want to camp, I'll go play Everquest.

fine to camp for the story mission and i hope for large scale "epic story missions" which yield "epic weapons armor" like everquest had. These made everquest just so much more interesting to the high lvl player
    Jamie "Kamaekazae" Rage
    [Enforcer] - [Atrox] - [Rubi-Ka 1]

Rage - Is it in you?
    So excited that i kicked my mom RIGHT IN THE FACE!

Achiever 73% - Killer 66% - Socializer 46% - Explorer 13%

Talking

I would like to see both sided and open quests, since their will be ajenda's on both sides of the conflict, and some things that need to be done that transend affiliation.

I would like to see some prof specific ones, but not the majority of them.

Out door is great cause sometimes i get tired of doing 'terminal style' mission.

Spawn camping can be ok if there's away to keep it from getting out of control.... but I can't think of one.

that's my $.02

PS
    where are any of the story missions currently i can't find any. What level should you be to even think about it. Where's this Balanced blue print i hear so much about?
    Cyress "Grisum"
    Omni-Tek Trafficer of Perfectly Legal Goods (Fixer)
    "Honesty runs through my veins as surely as Cheetos and Coca-Cola"
    "And blood right?"
    "...That... too..."

Do you want story-missions that are profession specific or not?

-- I'd prefer profession specific...give each class something unique to look forward to.

Do you want side-defined missions, or missions for everyone?

-- Side-defined.

Do you want the quests to scale with your level? (So you may take the same mission at lvl 30 and at 100, only with tougher opponents?)

-- No...I'd prefer having different quests for each level range. It will get boring to do the exact same thing over again but with with tougher enemies.

Do you want many small, or fewer longer quests?

-- Either way works for me...

Is it ok with you to camp spawns, like we see in other MMORPGs?

-- Absolutely not! Its better to cooperate with people on your own side than to compete with them. Nothing was worse than camping Dodga waiting for him to spawn, and then trying to hand him the item before another person. It really took away from the quest. No one likes playing a game just to wait for hours and hours.

Is it ok with you if we interweave the normal auto-content mission system in this, so that we can generate areas for you even in these story missions? (Or do you want only outdoor action?)

-- Either way.
    OCC Rank: Deacon(President - Republic)

........Truth...........
    Honor--|--Virtue The Order of the Crimson Cross
    .......Loyalty.........

definately no camping..

camping just ruins the whole game..

The rest of the ideas are great though..

Cool Special Missions

> Do you want story-missions that are profession specific or not?

That seems the best way to go since what is trivial for one profession can be impossible for another at the same level. Team missions (including perhaps very large scale ones some day (e.g. get a hundred of your friends to take apart a clan weapons factory) might be cool some day.

> Do you want side-defined missions, or missions for everyone?

Both could be cool, though sided ones will tend to give meaning to the fact that we have sides in the first place. It will also give meaning to things like the guards and so on..tehy'll serve a practical purpose and give players a real reason to complain when their "friends" go around killing their own side's guards. Even just sneaking into enemy territory and breaking into their installations past guards and PKillers could be a ton of fun!

> Do you want the quests to scale with your level? (So you may
    > take the same mission at lvl 30 and at 100, only with tougher
    > opponents?)

Yes, unless you can easily warn people what to expect. Going through a bunch of mission stuff gets pretty discouraging if you end up discovering that there's no way in hell you could ever finish it.

> Do you want many small, or fewer longer quests?

Perhaps it would be best to start with shorter ones and move to longer ones over time. that will get people more used to them and get them to act as though they actually believe that the work they put into them will actually pay off. When I first started AO my lack of success in missions and tiny rewards for them (compared to hunting outdoors) had soured me on the whole idea of doing missions. Let's not make the same thing happen with these special ones too.

> Is it ok with you to camp spawns, like we see in other MMORPGs?

It's not so cool IMHO, but there are also other solutions. One is to make the missions only get started for a few people at a time and not continue being startable until they re either completed or time runs out. Another way to go is to make the missions flexible so that key steps are in different places so campers won't run into one another.

> Is it ok with you if we interweave the normal auto-content
    > mission system in this, so that we can generate areas for you
    > even in these story missions? (Or do you want only outdoor
    > action?)

A mix would be best, and it could allow for more flexible story telling too. You could also play some cool tricks too. Example: The mission is to go to some Omni city, find some building, get an item from inside, and take it somewhere. What the participants don't know is that once they enter the building, a pile of keys appears near the entrance and the loud speakers start blaring a warning that intruders have invaded that building and that the hunt is on. You get the idea.

One thing to consider in all of this is that I find that sometimes (especially for those new to the area, profession, or technology, mission descriptions and NPC stuff is rather hard to understand, not because it's truly complex, but because the way they are described doesn't clearly distinguish between ACTUAL requirements and "filler information" that's just provided to make things seem more complex. The whole tradeskills arena and the existing mission area seems rife with this problem. Books that describe "How to do X..." don't really explain HOW (as a player) to do the thing in question. When a fancy mission comes up I'd hate to see the perhaps already complex requirements and difficult accomplishments to be muddied by intentionally complexifying language.

Along those lines, I have never found that talking to NPCs has ever been helpful. The fact is that most of them never really listen or speak, and when they do speak it's usually unimportant chitchat ("Welcome to by shop <playername>, please select from my fine collection of weapons." for example). If we are going to be interacting with NPCs more often it might be best to either make them a little more proactive (e.g. "Hey buddy, come over here for a minue...clanners are building a spacegun in the Varmint Woods! There's a demolition unit on hand, but their explosive primers were destroyed, please get these primers to them in the next 20 minutes and make sure they get to their destination without getting killed!")

Lightbulb

One more voice never killed anything...

It's been said before, if this means we each get one new mission instead of everyone getting 12, then it wouldn't be a good idea. It's rather difficult to find something that one profession can do that other professions can't, given the skill system. Though there are some things certain professions are _better_ at than others...

If you could somehow design story missions around _roles_ rather than around _professions_, that would work quite well indeed.

Say, "one of our transports was shot down and a load of components was taken to X location. Piece them together, combine them with this portable transporter to send them back to the supply dump, keep a finished product for your trouble." Everything put together would be non-equippable, but the finished product would spawn in the player's inventory on completion.

Or "there's poisonous gas flooding X safehouse, heal the people inside until it dissipates." Or "notum interference is locking down nano capabilities, you'll have to strongarm your way through". Or "they think that nanodiamond door is all the protection they need, crack the lock/blow it into splinters".

They're _story_ missions. Some of the story probably _does_ involve both sides, but some by definition doesn't. (Clan Agent: Uh huh. You want me to bug Henry Radiman's office? I don' theenk so, meester.)

Do you want the quests to scale with your level? (So you may take the same mission at lvl 30 and at 100, only with tougher opponents?)

I can't think of an easy way to justify this, storywise. Certainly, introducing new low-level quests will likely hose existing high-level players - though realistically, low-level rewards can get eclipsed by higher-level normal stuff.

All the same, if there are tinyplot-ish missions like the "search and recover" described above, it might be a good idea for one NPC to have a variety of things available, depending on who asks.

If you've really got good writers on staff, you can give us many smaller quests which all tell part of the story of a longer one. Longer quests, though, may again leave high-level players out in the cold without the ability to complete the earlier steps of the quest. If you _can_ do level-variable quests, the longer ones would be ideal for them. (Say, raiding various subspaces of some installation, some with weaker creatures, others with stronger ones...)

It's not okay in other MMORPGs either. I... er, shameful confession time. I come here from a MUDlike game with NO BOSS MOBS, unless they're spawned by GM fiat as part of a huge plot. And I love it. Because they throw the unique loot that would go on the boss mob into the hopper, so it just comes up every now and again as part of a normal hunt. No UberDeathSwords or anything, just some nifty-looking swords, artworks, etc... (well, they were just text descriptions, but even so).

I don't see the attraction of boss mobs... heck, I don't even see the attraction of the _existing_ unique items. They foster resntment more than they foster accomplishment. It's a greater feeling for me to know that I understand part of what's going on behind a game, or that what I've done has helped someone else, PC or NPC, than to be walking around with a massive duratanium breastplate with iron skull pauldrons.

Heck, even the duratanium breastplate means jack squat if all you can say about it is "I waited for 96 hours with no sleep until I got a chance to kill the mob that dropped it and was lucky enough to loot first".

Is it ok with you if we interweave the normal auto-content mission system in this, so that we can generate areas for you even in these story missions? (Or do you want only outdoor action?)

Say what you will about the indoor missions, they make for great crowd control. If you could do indoor missions with _just_ the larger rooms for story stuff, that'd be great. Fighting off two and three mobs at a stretch in massive caverns or huge storehouses where I can hide behind stalagmites or crates... heh. I _like_ the bigger rooms in the indoor missions, and even the smaller ones really don't feel all that constricting.

Then again, I've got a 1200x900 monitor, or thereabouts...

Some final thoughts...

As regards players competing to finish a mission... eh. PVP has never really been that great an attraction to me, because there's a winner and a loser and doesn't it _suck_ when you're the loser? I do not play games to find out I suck. I get quite enough of this when I'm _not_ playing games. My once and future MUDlike was absolute unrestricted PVP _everywhere_, and to this day there remains a notable absence of factions trying to kill each other. In fact, one of the greatest and most tragic stories going was about two factions that _did_ fight it out, only for one faction to learn that the conflict was helping the other. The man who led the assault was griefstricken, nearly went mad, was stripped of his rank in-faction, and changed a whole hell of a lot afterward, I can tell you. The plot wouldn't have been possible without PVP, but the conflict wasn't ordered in-game and there weren't any consequences outside from the obvious.

True story missions probably shouldn't involve outside PC interference, except as they involve travel through political or mayhem zones. Tinyplot missions with some extra cash/xp reward for holding out against PC resistance are definite possibilities, though. Say, set up a supply depot (shop, insurance terminal, bank) in the middle of Newland Expanse - get the mission reward - then hold it for an hour against the agents of the other side who've been informed of this and have an item to deactivate the terminal with. (and will receive their reward just for storming the terminal) The supply depot sets up a small range of 100% suppression gas (probably visible as a splotch on the ground) so anybody who makes it inside that little radius without being attacked is as good as won for their side. Once the depot's set up, you and your team (you _did_ get a team together, didn't you?) don't lose any exp and if you can hold out long enough you're golden.

And perhaps there are missions to counteract other missions _in_directly. (Omni Agent plants viral canister in clanner building air supply. NPCs are grey, but will aggro if they see the agent, and killing them botches the mission. Clanner Doctor goes in to sample the virus, prep an antidote, and administer it to NPCs inside. Or perhaps Clanner Fixer enters an Omni building and hacks its entrance to point into Mort, letting some nasties in. Omni Adventurer enters, helps the defense systems take out the critters, heals the NPCs, and steps out into Mort, activating a beacon that lets Omni-Housing redirect the entrance to point where it should and a canister of neutralizing scent so the poor boy can get back to Omni territory without something munching on his ass.)

Of course, if you can implement something like a mission hopper system, that'd be golden. (Missions such as the previous leave a trace of being completed. They get added into the mission terminals as slot-6 countermissions, randomly available. Or perhaps everyone gets a door scanner with the newbie gear and can scan mission entrances to alert central command something's up. You're guaranteed one door reward every 4 hours or so, other than that doors give "rewards" for being scanned every 15 minutes, more rewards the farther they are from central command, if it's been more than 12 hours since a door was scanned it gives a token, et cetera, et cetera. Real bonus for people who take the time to explore...)

Anyway, my two credits. Like they'll be read, but it feels good to vent.

How about story missions that have a reward in line with the difficulty? I mean, when it takes two lvl 120+ people teamed to kill a mob that drops something that you need 7 more of, meaning you have to kill 7 more MOBs of the same (if not harder) difficulty, JUST to get a QL50 (?!?!?) reward... something is really off here.

And how about not having the NPC that gives said mission disappear as soon as you talk to/give item/ect them. When this happens, you end up making alot of people not want to do this. Never fails, 24/7 there are at least 3-6 people camping this particular NPC. And someone always goes away angry.

And one more thing... Why in the hell make an NPC that is critical to starting/continuing/completing a mission capable of being killed? The other night I was trying to talk to one, and a bunch of higher level players were camping the NPC just for kicks. When asked nicely to refrain, so that I may talk to the NPC, I was basicly told to shove off. Perhaps assigning a "Non-PvP" status to mission NPCs (as well as guards, vendors, and the like) would stop this? Making them worth no XP, and no loot sure as hell did'nt.

As for mission types, sided or no, indoor or out... Variety is the ****e of life. Add many, and mix them up. A level 10 character should be able to do some, and there should be some on the other end of the spectrum (i.e. A full team of lvl 200 players would have a hard time).

And one more thing; Dont put the NPCs in for a mission..... until the mission is working. Nothing is more irritating than to spend a week jawwing on with an NPC, just to have someone come along and say "Oh yeah, by the way <Insert NPC Name> mission is broken."

Anyway, that's my 2 credits.
    Last edited by Wingtips; Mar 25th, 2002 at 07:53:39.

Thumbs up Missions

OK here goes

-> Do you want story-missions that are profession specific or not?

Mixture of course. Also missions which need teams of mixed skills with rewards for those specific skills at the end. e.g. a group of MOBs in the final area one of each type in the team with specific rewards on them for those professions. This could even be self defining by the makeup of the team.

-> Do you want side-defined missions, or missions for everyone?

Again both. Sided missions would draw the player into the politics of Rubi whereas general ones tend to the mercenary nature of people, e.g. mercenary = money/special items, political = XP/Tokens

-> Do you want the quests to scale with your level? (So you may take the same mission at lvl 30 and at 100, only with tougher opponents?)

Not really, risk relates to the QL of the reward. It's fun going back to missions/dungeons you did 15/20 lvls ago and doing them again then remenising on how hard they were when you first did them

-> Do you want many small, or fewer longer quests?

Again a mixture. Smaller ones would be better for teams while long ones for individuals.

-> Is it ok with you to camp spawns, like we see in other MMORPGs?

NO Camping sucks. If I could kill Alvin I would, I hate him and everyone who queue jumps. For situations like Alvin, why not have a number of Alvins around the world, some in easy sites like Lush OP and some in hard to find places like Mort. This could lead to races around the world trying to find an un-camped/free Alvin! That'd be fun As he left one site, he'd appear at another.

-> Is it ok with you if we interweave the normal auto-content mission system in this, so that we can generate areas for you even in these story missions? (Or do you want only outdoor action?)

I don't mind indoor or outdoor. If the dungeon isn't going to be a PvP one, then why not have the dungeon team specific. In other words like normal missions where a number of teams can be in the same location and not meet. This resolves the problems you get in places live Steps of Madness where you spend a week organising a party to go, then find five other groups already there waiting to go in. You could have a key dispencer outside (Or some old NPC giving out keys). Then you could have any number of teamsworking the same mission. As Rubi becomes more populated this is becoming a more and more serious issue.

Hope this is useful

Cool good :)

i love you FC when you ask about content

YES! i would love it, just make us all different, make adventurers explore, engineer use tradeskill, enforcer fight hard (there will always be some fight i think, but make us do others things to )

YES again, the quest must serve our final goal, but as i saw before, don't forget neutrals

hum... it would be good to make mission for level ranges 30+,50+,75+,100+,150+

LONGER! and MANY! lol
    i'd prefer them longer, the number will increase with time i think

NO WAY! no no no and no!
    Never forget AO should NOT be like other MMORPG, that's why i'm here and not on 'other MMORPG'

ok!

Exclamation Make these questions in a Poll!

Great Questions.

And ones that should be answered in part with feedback...

But if you want to really know, Make a Poll where we can rank each of the questions.

Most of them are 'Yes, No, Maybe, Both, Or All.

It's to complicated for the casual reader (but serious gamer) to reply to each so you will never get real numbers here. (and still many wont take a poll but you will get far greater idea)

Link the Poll to your front page like the last one.

-Koyote
    Last edited by Koyote; Mar 25th, 2002 at 13:03:43.

Exclamation *Real* Missions for in story ;-)

Myself BTW I like indoor missions.

I want a mission with REAL obstacles. Not Enter room, Kill mob, Enter Room, Kill mob.

Give us security camera zones that if we trip alert a slew of mobs and most likely our death.

Give us locked doors that cannot be open with a lock pick.

Give us a terminal where a fixer can hack it and shut off said cameras and unlock such doors.

Give us building/room Levels!
    I want elevators not a 1 level Maze.
    Make me feel like I am in a real building

Let us hack into security camera feeds and see into some rooms and pull up a map on the computer display of the entire complex and even some points of note. Like cameras, access nodes, security locks.

Make having a Disarming tool required for some items.

* The vault is locked, you will need to disarm the security to open it or you will all die *

I would also love to need to sneak into an enemy city and enter a building there.

*sneek into Tir and go to building X. Hack the security system.
    Go to the third level and retrieve the documents from the wall safe.*

Give an Agent a mission where he gains Exp for NOT killing anything but the intended target You know...

Bob has been bad. Turns out he has been stealing information and selling it to the other side. Go kill him, but don't hurt other employees of Nanocorp. They are innocent.

More than Kill Kill Reward, Kill Kill Reward

Look here for more ideas.
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...?threadid=5501

-Koyote

Playing since day 1, Played every class pre and post nerfwars
    Last edited by Koyote; Mar 25th, 2002 at 13:09:53.

Since we are now closing in on what we believe will be tools and technology enabling us to make these story missions, I would like to have your opinions.

1. Do you want story-missions that are profession specific or not?

2. Do you want side-defined missions, or missions for everyone?

3. Do you want the quests to scale with your level? (So you may take the same mission at lvl 30 and at 100, only with tougher opponents?)

4. Do you want many small, or fewer longer quests?

5. Is it ok with you to camp spawns, like we see in other MMORPGs?

6. Is it ok with you if we interweave the normal auto-content mission system in this, so that we can generate areas for you even in these story missions? (Or do you want only outdoor action?)
    My suggestions:
    1. make only a few profession specific missions
    2. make most of the mission side-defined
    3. make most of the mission scale with players level
    4. we want both but if you need a decission: midsize would be nice
    5. most time: No!
    6. we want more outdoor action!

just my 2 cents
    ACTUAL WARNING: Milfma*tr / Evilward*n / Soulhunt*r01 is a SCAMMER
    see e.g. this link
    blame FC! They do nothing against known Scammers - beside support em thru deleting petitions and threads about it and not implementing a functionality to check contents of backpacks while trading

CoDTrader

Exclamation *REAL MEAT* for missions. Repost from another thread.

Here is one thought on a new mission type.

Engineer level 20 pulls a mission. A Special mission comes up (new Icon Type) The mission is in part for an engineer and the reward is an engineer specific item @ x% higher level than the mission level) This makes the Engineer want to go through the trouble of doing the mission. Perhaps adding 2 other items @ mission level for random class.

The Rub.
    The item needed is in a chest that only a Fixer can open. So now the engineer needs to enlist another char. And a Fixer will feel needed and special . The chest of course can only be opened by the fixer (of any level). The mission level would be factored by the % of the original mission but would be factored by the average of all party members entering the mission. If the Original holder of the mission exits the Mission fails. it can be re-entered but will be fully regenerated and again factored on the party average.

The mission generated will always require a diffrent class than the original holder. A door Or security override only an Engineer can open. Sneeking past a High security point that only an Agent can get past. A computer only a Nanotek Can operate. Ect.

The possibilites are endless. Now I know this takes some doing. I am a programmer also and have worked on a few awward winning games from Accolade and Buenavista. But the Missions need serious work. People Powerlevel and PVP because missions are boring and there is not another outlet. The Movies are great keep them comming and Tie them in with Perm Mobs who you can talk to

For example the bomb in OE (Omni Entertainment) There should be someone there to talk to who gives you some info on what happened in game. Maybe even a simple mission on how you can find out something more. Like :

Guard: We believe the Clan was involved... bla bla bla... You can aid us by doing a scouting mission. Go see (whomever) in Omni HQ (or where ever) for more information.

(Whomever @ HQ): We need your help go to (where ever and do a mission)

It almost doesnt matter if it is a random mission but it would give the FEEL that a players actions mean something.

I would personally enjoy that type of ingame mission. Perhaps it's static but each instance is a spawn. Maybe something like you enter a building, must find a pass key for a highsecurity door then access a computer to download information and return it to Omni HQ.

Sorry for being so long winded and please forgive the spelling mistakes it's about 4 am here and I am a bit sleepy

-Koyote

Generally I welcome NPC type missions.

I see there different kinds of missions in general: story tpe missions, Guild/Profession type and general purpose (see below for details)

Profession Specific:
    Yes and no. Make some missions free to all professions (general / story), some for teams with different roles (hacker, fighter etc) and som strictly for one profession. The One-Profession missions could be tied together with the title approach, sou can do missions at certain level ranges to gain some profesion sprecific bonus, nano item etc. (Guild type)

Side Defined:
    Story type should be faction specific (Neutrals too), since the plot is settled around this. But there may be times Omni and Clan will do something together. The Guild type could be non-sided for some professions (nanos) for others sided (fighter)

Quests scaling to level:
    This will depend on how often you can do missions. There should be more missions that have level ranges (20+ 50+ ...) that scale in difficulty and reward. These mission can be done multiple times.
    (general, story)
    Additionally there should be some missions for fixed level ranges (15-25, 45-55 ...) these mission give more unique reward, do not scale and can be done only once per character (guild type and others).

Smaller or longer quests
    to make it short - all of them. We should have smaller oned that are mor general as well as epic ones that take much time to complete. And all in between too.
    (non type dependend althoug guild type shouldn't be small)

Spawn Camping
    definetly NO NO and NO. Spawn camping has nothing to do with quests. Leave some unique mobs that can be camped for loot but make quests available to everyone. Not all players have the time to wait certain hours to talk to a NPC just to get a quest (thats more than stupid). To make questing difficult you could make NPCs travel rubi-ka so you need to find them at certain locations of you could make them to give quests only during daytime etc.

Generated missions or Outdoors
    Both, but for large quests please but try to keep NPC interaction important for these quests since generated ones are available at every mission terminal. Make parts of quests random instead like retrieve an random item to get a hint for proceeding the quest.
    [DarkZone], member of the e)X(odus
    [Zophee], [codCrat] both Clan of Darkness members

I'm a newb, having only played for about a month or so. So far I like AO because I feel as though even if I play for only an hour I get something accomplished. I do the missions from the terminal and I really like them over an EQ style dungeon that's packed with players farming for loot. I play very casualy and mission termials are great for that. Anyway...

"Do you want story-missions that are profession specific or not?"
    Sure but I think I'd rather see missions where to loot you get is based on your class rather than random stuff where 90% of what you get is useless. Restricting too many quest by making them class (or side) specific would be bad.

"Do you want side-defined missions, or missions for everyone?"
    I'd like a combination of both but I think I'd just be doing same side missions for now.

"Do you want the quests to scale with your level? (So you may take the same mission at lvl 30 and at 100, only with tougher opponents?)"
    Well since I don't have hours and hours to play during a single session I'm all for short but challenging quests. To me travel time and running around looking for some NPC in unknown terrirtory is more like work and a time sink than fun. Fun is seeing my character grow not running from here to there, everywhere.

"Do you want many small, or fewer longer quests?"
    Many small is much better for me, but I'd like to see both types for when I have all night to play.

"Is it ok with you to camp spawns, like we see in other MMORPGs?"
    A BIG no.

"Is it ok with you if we interweave the normal auto-content mission system in this, so that we can generate areas for you even in these story missions? (Or do you want only outdoor action?)"
    Well I'd like to see some outdoor missions but again I wanna see both types. Let's say a quest is four steps, the first three could be outdoors but the final stage is inside a complex.

My share

Yes (and no). There should be non specific missions as well.

Sure, but don't forget us Neutrals.

Yes. As long as you can get the special reward only once (unique items, tokens, ya know)

All you can get in.

Well, do I have to repeat what a lot of others already said, I assume yes.
    NO, NO, NO, ..., NO!
    I have about 2 hours per day of playtime (max 3), how much would I be interested in a mission where I would have to wait 4+ hours for a MOB to respawn - I knew you would get the point. (It would be acceptable for me that there are missions which I can't do, because of spawn, but NOT all of them)

Fine with me, as long as the outdoor part is higher than 50%. Don't we do enough 'standard' missions right now?

So long,

Max(imilian)
    100% curious

Story Missions !!!

I think its a good idea to specific Mission for the gameplay!

Yep ! ! !

Nope better to have not same mission !

Both !

Absolutly YES YES Hate Camping Camping KILL ALL MMORPGs ! Why the Mobs Cant move around the WOrld ? They just stay at the same place !!! Maybe if they can travel that would be better ?

Both !

Have a Great Day On RUBI KA !

Both would be the best imho. If too many are breed specific, friends won't want to enjoy them as well. Since teaming is my favorite thing to do, please allow teams to complete missions together for common rewards. Of course, solo is great too, balance is the key here.

Do you want side-defined missions, or missions for everyone

Both again, please read my first response above.

No, I would rather see so many quests that there are things to do for all levels. I would also like to be able to nuke through a lowbie quest and actually feel powerful for once...

Taking a month to complete is too long imho. A week is pushing it, hafl a day is just about right. Why? Well, when you get together with a group of friends, it is fun to be able to go on a quest for an item (for everyone) that doesnt take weeks or days. Its great to start the quest and finish it within one sitting.

Of course, longer quests are great too if the reward really warrants it. Taking weeks or a month to get a so-so item is not the way to go. If I am going to invest a month to get a quest item, it better be very very very good (and by very good I mean a heck of a lot better than any item currently in the game.)

NO NO NO NO NO NO.....Did I mention, NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok, sorry for the yelling there but this is my current issue with Alvin. Having to acquire the parts is hard enough without having to fight spawn campers just to turn the item in. Alvin should never disappear imho.

I think mission terminals to do story missions would be great. This would allow you to make keys for your friends to come along and you would get rid of the camping problem that everyone despises in MMORPGs.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast