Thread: Question about Overequipping

Question about Overequipping

I have a level 73 enforcer. She lucked out and scored 2 QL125 stun batons in the superior shop.

Stun batons are probably the most IP intensive weapons in the game to equip, and require 1 green skill, 1 light blue skill, 2 blue skills and 1 dark blue skill, as well as multi melee to equip. This is a lot different than a sledgehammer that outdamages me by a factor of three and only requires 2 green and 1 blue skill to equip, but that's a whole other thread.

Through careful use of my IP's I've managed to equip these batons without any outside help. Thug, Headcracker, 1h blunt expertise, melee energy expertise, sneak attack and fast attack expertise and I can squeeze them on. No wrangles or other classes buffing me out. Am I now going to be unable to use these weapons in 14.0?

there self equiped therefore there not over equiped...... if you uesd a wrangler and some other buffs you would be over eqpiped.
    Level 132 Nano-Techniction <---- Retired till NT fix
    Level 72. Engineer <---- why is my pet running the wrong way?
    Level 69. Agent <---- Retired sence Concealment Nerf.
    Level 58. Adventure <---- TONS of lost ip.
    Level 41. Meta.<--- Mp's are too uber.
    Level 30. Enforcer <---- press "Q" and watch tv.
    Level 29. Doc <---- Can't..... Find.... Group.....

Quote of the week "When people complain equally about all of the classes, then the game is balanced."

Re: Question about Overequipping

Originally posted by puddle
    I have a level 73 enforcer. She lucked out and scored 2 QL125 stun batons in the superior shop.

Stun batons are probably the most IP intensive weapons in the game to equip, and require 1 green skill, 1 light blue skill, 2 blue skills and 1 dark blue skill, as well as multi melee to equip. This is a lot different than a sledgehammer that outdamages me by a factor of three and only requires 2 green and 1 blue skill to equip, but that's a whole other thread.

Through careful use of my IP's I've managed to equip these batons without any outside help. Thug, Headcracker, 1h blunt expertise, melee energy expertise, sneak attack and fast attack expertise and I can squeeze them on. No wrangles or other classes buffing me out. Am I now going to be unable to use these weapons in 14.0?
    To keep them 100% functioning... you would probably need to keep those buffs up. Those buffs can put you outside of 20%. Remember that if ANY of your skills goes the 20% minimum they would be considered over equiped. thus incurring the full penalty.
    Undercover Soccom Brother

Blackness confirmed!!
    Welcome to the Brotherhood.

Buying ql 161 Art of Peace nano

Oh so OE penalties are going to be for being 20% under the skill reqs and not 20% under the level reqs?

Yup. The limits apply to skills, and NOT levels (unless a certain Soltius Doctor gets her nefarious ways... *Cough*).

Effectively, you need to have at LEAST 80% of the skill requirement of any weapon. It's probably easier to understand that way than with all this '20%' malarkey. To see how high you can OE, you actually have to add 25% to your own skills (not 20%... adding 25% to them, and then taking 20% off will actually leave you with the same value . Percentages are funny beasts).

Now I've gone and confused myself. Well, I'm pretty sure about the 80% thingy anyway