Thread: The Hypocrisy of Neutrality

The Hypocrisy of Neutrality

The Hypocrisy of Neutrality
    Rorrinsky Price, Lead Editor

Neutrals have long declared themselves uninvolved in the conflict between the glorious Omni-Tek Corporation and the evil rebel Clans. However, there is a hypocrisy that exists -- a lie lived by these so-called neutrals. I would venture so far as to accuse these neutrals of being on the same level as the Clan terrorists.

Neutral organizations participating in notum mining operations. These organizations have not only refused to work for the corporation responsible for their very existence, the corporation that gave them the ability to walk on this planet. Rather, they chose to bite the hand that feeds them, to profit from Omni-Tek's planet. They quarrel amongst themselves and often quote the same anti-Corporate garbage spoken by the terrorist Clans themselves. Instead of making the notum readily available for the benefit of all, regardless of political alignment, these "neutrals" horde precious notum for their own selfish applications.

Shattered Dreams is one of these so-called neutral organizations, led by the infamous Falikos. As one would suspect, this organization has used military force to seize and secure land for use in notum mining operations. To this day, they still control a region used for mining. In the past, they have sent military force to support their allies and no doubt fight off the forces of corporate justice.

I managed to speak with Falikos regarding their organization's notum mining. I asked her how long Shattered Dreams had been in the business of exploiting Omni-Tek's discovery on Rubi-Ka, and she informed me that they have been mining "since the ICC opened land for mining. The land was cleared, and we built over it."

Interesting. A neutral organization that demonstrates aggression by clearing an existing mining operation with military force, and replacing it with their own. Does anyone else see the hypocrisy here? These neutrals, who claim to be uninvolved with the planetary conflict, are in fact very much involved. They thrust themselves into the middle of the conflict with their Clan-like ideologies, and they fight against Corporate forces to secure their own secret stash of notum.

It is a revolting situation, and it must be dealt with appropriately. Citizens of Omni-Tek, soldiers of the superior corporate military: Do not be hesitant to strike against neutrals. In the past, they have shown their tendency to support the terrorists, and like the Clans they seek to dismantle the corporation for their own benefit. Neutrals are your enemy, just as are the Clans.

Greetings Mr. Prince. Thank you for you interview, it was quite enlightening and despite your original disapointment at seeing me; I assure you I was quite charmed by your statement of "easy prey", being certain I misheard what you said and were simply wishing me well. At any rate, at risk of causeing a fine reporter such as yourself minor irritation and embarassment I regretfully inform you that you misheard my statement over the din of the streets of Borealis this evening.

Yes, we have been mineing in a location since ICC had opened mineing, a sound move for any organization. Your error, however, comes with your implication of the land being "cleared" I infact said to you, that the land was clear and we built on it. There was nothing to build over but sand I'm afraid. If there is question on the ownership of the land, I would be most pleased to assist you in fileing the nessisary paperwork to obtain records of the mineing in our area. I assure you, we have been the only mineing opporation on the site.

As is commonly known, my organization does not, under any circumstances make attacks on any other mine. We have no need for additional space, as what we have provides all that we require. Beyond the sheer fact of not desireing any more than what we require to sustain, we also feel that making attacks on others (provoked or not) is counter productive to an end to hostilities. My people opporate under strict orders only to defend ourselves, I appologize if whoever you gained additional information for your article mislead you in any way.

Shattered Dreams is not now, or will ever be a threat to Omni mining facilities. If you find it distressing that the mines that are not under the Omni Tek banner I'm afraid you'll have to take it up with ICC as they are in charge of the notum regulations at this time.

In a show of good faith that the tennor of your article was in error; I would be pleased to speak with you at length on the matter in person. Additionally, I'm sure one of my people would be pleased to assist you in applying for the land history contracts the ICC logs. I look forward to speaking with you soon, and thank you for your understanding nature in correcting your error; I would hate to see your fine periodial gain a reputation for inaccurate information.

Safe travels, and I'll speak with you soon.
    -Falikos
    President - Shattered Dreams- Rimor

Oooh, what a poor, rabblerousing bit of sleazy tabloid journalism. Let us get some fact straight.

1. Chairman Ross never incited Omni-Tek factions to attack neutrals. if anything he requested we defend them and treat neutrals as we would treat fellow Omni employess.

2. When OTRK requested additional forces to stabilise the military situation on Rubi-Ka, Omni Prime refused quoting that there more than enough notum in the South for OTRK needs. Given this is OT official position, there is no justification for OT factions to take mines away from Neutrals.

3. Historically, the real threat to Neutral mining operations has come from Clan forces. Strategic consideration, not to mention common human decency, dictates we ought to support the Neutral, not prey on them.

Mr Price, I would have hoped a lead editor would have done a little more research.

Savoy
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

It seems the OR propaganda machine is switching into a higher gear as of lately, although I’m afraid such kind of unfounded, misleading, untruthful articles will have a reverse effect…

First, I would like to point out that the statements of one organisation –wrongly quoted as it seems- do not represent the thoughts of an entire population. As in the Clan and OT population, amongst neutrals there are a lot of different opinions.

The author also doesn’t seem to be in any way hampered by an absolute lack of knowledge of the history of our planet. Neutrals live on Rubi Ka since 29250. For 227 years we have been able to live our lives without the help of OT or anyone else. It’s hard to bite the hand that feeds, if there is no hand around to feed. Insurance technology was shared by OT in 29452 with all factions on request by the ICC. It was also the ICC that declared an end to OT's monopoly of notum mining in 29476, opening up for all organisations to mine. However, OT retains its monopoly on off-world distribution of notum. So, in fact all notum mined by neutrals, Clan or OT goes the same way...

And where did we ever claim to be uninvolved with the planetary conflict? My organisation has always very much been involved, being it in a diplomatic way, trying to get all parties around the table. We strive for a better life for all inhabitants of Rubi Ka, regardless faction or breed. We do not support Clan or OT in their war, but at the same time we try not to oppose them. Instead of saying: “if you are not with us, you are against us” it might be better to say “if you are not against us, you are with us.” Indeed, we have many friends on both sides of the conflict. Mostly people who grew wise over the years of war, much wiser then the author of this tendentious article who, I’m afraid, only manages to make a fool out of himself and of the respected employees he pretends to represent.
    Marcos "Yarko" Orender
    co-Minister of Foreign Affairs, Newland City Council
    Advisor of The Independent Rubikans

Rubi-Ka's neutral news source: The Independent Rubikan http://www.ir-news.org/

I do wonder how Rorrinsky Price earned the title of Lead Editor, as he is missing a few important facts. Although Notum Mining is open to anyone, Clans, Neutral, and OT alike, the shipment and distribution of Notum off planet is exclusively controlled by Omni-Tek.

Only by a necessary evil do Clans and Neutrals mine notum. The towers provide notum to very specific nanobots that have become critical in every day life on Rubi-Ka, and in any conflict on Rubi-Ka.

The excess notum is added to Omni-Teks profits. The notum mining equipment was designed by Rubi-Ka, and ignorant clanners think that they have liberated the technology from R&D. You won't convince me that this is the case. It's plainly obvious that it's in the best interests of the Corporation to have these tower in the hands of everyone on the planet. So the question is, why is Rorrinsky Price being allowed to act against the best interests of the Corporation? Well, I'm sure there are dedicated Clan, Neutral, and OT agents watching Mr. Price's every move now.

As for neutrals attacking Omni-Tek controlled towers, if a neutral org is able to succeed in taking a mining area from Omni-Tek, it's still in the best interests of Omni-Tek. If a neutral org can take an Omni-Tek mining operation, it shows that the Omni Division who was operating the towers was unable to defend it. Clanners would have easily swept in and cleared it out. Would you rather have the base in the hands of? An Omni-Tek division who isn't commited to defending Omni-Tek property, a rebel Clan who while producing profit for the Corporation is also made stronger by the mining operations nano technology, or a Neutral org who's no real threat to anyone but Omni-Tek divisions who lack the resources needed to protect their equipment?

I cannot speak to the policies of other Neutral organizations, but Circle G's employees are not terrorists. Mining notum isn't taking sides in the war. It’s taking advantage of what’s been offered to us.
    Glarawyn L220 OT Adventurer
    It's good to be furry.
    ----
    Lilredhot L220 OT Enforcer
    Don't mind me, I tank without a helmet.
    ----
    Gunslinger19 L150 OT Soldier
    There's a word for people who think everyone's out to get them: perceptive.