Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Fur N Feathers Sexual Harrassment FAQ

Originally posted by MEDICI
    Hope this made since to someone beside me, maybe I will post again and try to make more since. Desert Reet I support this totally just don’t want to see a part of the game I like go away maybe there could be another server just called nasty.

/me points to a portion of another of her posts on the same thread.

Originally posted by The Desert Reet
    I don't want AO to lose its edgy, frisky, risquee side because there is a minority who abuses it. I've already seen the loss of two very funny emotes because some people can't seem to control themselves. I was very disappointed. Let's not allow the losers to get any more of our fun removed from the game.
    I think we're on the same page. Even if some posters don't exactly know it.

Reet

Log File

As soon as I tap the [x] for log file, does it only start logging the text posted *after* I hit it, or does it start with all the text as high as I can scroll up to at the time of recording?

If it only records starting when you tap it, usually the most damnable evidence is gone (and screencaps can be faked, so therefore unallowed)

Just log the file when you log in.
    Ernest "Zane0" Bunke - Equipment - Perks
    Obsidian Order
    Advisor

Fix 200+ Engineer Slayers

Im lucky in that I rarely seem to be the target of harrassment. I think its my hair

But seriously, I get incensed everytime I see it happen in game, and loudly proclaim it. Perhaps its just that proto-feminist in me rising up, but I do not take kindly to some of the more disgusting behavior one witnesses in game sometimes. I, just like everyone else, like fooling around, and have even been guilty of /backflipping once or twice. I am also a flirty type in most aspects of life. But there is a line between wanted and unwanted advances, and watching some of the filth that spews from the "mouths" of some characters in this game is appalling.

I have only once petitioned for sexual harrassment, but I didnt do it correctly I suppose. Live and learn. However, all things considered, especially watching what some friends have been through here, I feel lucky. I seem to attract the cute puppy dog type guys, not the sleazy *insert foulmouthed invictive here* that this thread is really about.
    streaz18 - Women love Opifex in bed. I have just as much stamina as a solitus, I am much more agile, and I can sense how they like it in ways a solitus male could only dream of.
    ESA - 80/53/46
    Narysta is levelling again!

Your hair rocks Narysta..if it is hair.. I cant tell. :P

'nuff said. Bump for this thread too. This is a serious issue and people should know the proper way to handle this kind of stuff.
    Do you like metal music? Check out my music!
    Cyclophenia MySpace
    Cyclophenia Website

A huge bump to this.

My daughter loves leets, and she enjoys zooming around town with my adventurer as a leet. A few months ago she did that and then left the computer to do something else, and the leetform expired. When I went to shut down AO, there was another player who was doing something... rude... to her. I was so furious I cut power to the computer.

This sort of thing shouldn't happen at all, and a big thank you to Desert Reet for pointing out what can be done about it.
    If you're looking for any of these programs -
    ClickSaver, PetNamer, Anarchy Online Inventory System (AOIS), Character Profiler, Chat Alert, or Log Reviewer, you can find them at this website here.

Re: Log File

Originally posted by Viss88
    As soon as I tap the [x] for log file, does it only start logging the text posted *after* I hit it, or does it start with all the text as high as I can scroll up to at the time of recording?

If it only records starting when you tap it, usually the most damnable evidence is gone (and screencaps can be faked, so therefore unallowed)
    Only after you tap it ..

Better remember to start logging early if you don't
    wanna go around and log everything that gets said
    in the respective channel.
    Didymus - Solitus Trader, Member of Instability

Tells are not logged so that can be bad

Good info, sad it's needed

And as for how many real life women who plays, is that relevant? as a man i can feel uncomfortable by the same things a women can, but maybe people forget that
    Rimor Server
    Robotgubben lvl 173/14/29 engineer

Question

Yesterday I saw a fem toon wearing some very sexy looking lingerie (sp?) - I sauntered over behind her cause she essentially had a thong, checked out her ass and said 'Yummie'.

Is that sexual harrassment? Cause I hope you people aren't wanting to turn a game where women can walk around half-naked into some kind of a work-place where I have to worry about getting reported to "human services".

It's one thing to have some ass start talking explicit sexual trash to someone who could essentially be an overweight middleaged male accountant and getting off on it (God help these people) and its another thing to express your appreciation of the eye-candy that the game can supply.

Am I wrong on this?

I would have to think no...not really harrasment. If she had told you to stop and you kept on, then it would be. But just that one comment when she was most likely dressed for attention, I'd have a hard time calling it harrasment. Now if she was obviously WITH someone, then it could be but still, one comment is easly dealt with. Imagine someone coming up to your partner and hitting on them?
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

I would have to agree with Vixentrox. Any sexual harrasment policy I've ever seen is very clearly about "unwanted" advances. It doesn't become harrasment until someone asks you to stop, and you continue.
    Neala, Adventurer
    Iphimene, Bureaucrat
    Caelwynn, Meta-Physicist
    Unity of the Roses

I've had this problem, and sometimes it's just harassment that isn't sexual in nature. Sexist people often target women with hate... but that's self explanatory I guess. (Verbal harassment only becomes a problem after the target asks for it to stop, yes).

Only wish FC took it more seriously.
    Last edited by Nikki; Aug 21st, 2003 at 15:50:06.
    ~ Nikki "Kitene" Darling ~
    4925867th lvl 200 MA. cookie plz!
    ~ Lady "Aerfalle"Aerlinthe ~
    4925867th 200 NT. Gimme cookie
    '.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.>Storm<.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'

Re: Question

Originally posted by IEFBR14
    Yesterday I saw a fem toon wearing some very sexy looking lingerie (sp?) - I sauntered over behind her cause she essentially had a thong, checked out her ass and said 'Yummie'.

Is that sexual harrassment?

Am I wrong on this?
    Oh hunny, NO, that's not sexual harrassment. That's a compliment. Unsubtle and less than romantic, but a compliment nonetheless. It shouldn't be a crime to tell anyone, irregardless of gender, that you think they look good.

I've heard "Hey nice a$$!" too many times to count, and while I sometimes find it annoying, I don't think it's anything to really get all that upset over. After all, even if it's crude and about as romantic as washing dishes, it's still a compliment of sorts. Some people can't think of anything more creative on the spur of the moment. Yeah, RubiKa could use a little more romance, but just because a person can't be bothered to figure out HOW to tell someone else they're attractive doesn't mean they should be petitioned. If THAT were the case, half of the gamers on AO would be banned.

For those who express the "false accusations" sentiment, you need to think again. FunCom's policies are what they are because they wish to be ABSOLUTELY SURE that the alleged perpetrators of harrassment and disruption of ANY kind are indeed guilty of it before banning them. The burden of proof is on the complainer and it's VERY difficult for a person to prove. Impossible for someone who doesn't know exactly how to do this, in fact. It's why I got up and broached this very unpleasant subject in the first place. People who are informed and who know what they can do have a chance. (Fluffy, if I didn't KNOW for a fact you're a nice guy, I'd be very miffed at you.)

People like Attacklng don't respect the fact that he's sharing a server with other real people who would like to enjoy the game and have as much a right to that enjoyment as he does. Anyone who would willfully do the kinds of things I have personally witnessed him doing don't deserve to continue to play. I don't say that lightly. And I'd prefer to not have to say it at all. AO is a GAME. I and countless others play it because we want to have FUN. There SHOULDN'T be people running around in it doing the same VICIOUS crap that people get jailed for where I come from. But like it or not, they do. And it's OUR responsibility to stop it so that we can ALL get back to the fine business of having fun.

Is that clear enough?

Reet

*bump*

And someone please Root this.

Knowing what is and what isn't harassment and how to alert an ARK in a way that s/he can help is important. If any thread should be rooted it is this one.

Originally posted by Whodonghide
    I love the random hump, although I usually do it to other trox enfs so we can both challenger and bump uglies.
    I also only hump the male/uni characters. I don't know, it's just more fun that way. Plus, as Dong said, you run the risk of offending females if you roll the dice and do it to a female character.
    /laugh-s
    /backflip

people need to stop feeling victimized

/backflip
    /backflip
    /backflip
    /backflip
    /backflip
    /backflip
    /backflip
    /backflip
    /backflip

I only hump people I know though... no offense but Rimor VD's tend to persist after reclaiming.

I've humped a few atroxes in my time - and a carte blanche once.
    But I don't hump strangers ..

.. Well, unless they humped me first perhaps.
    Didymus - Solitus Trader, Member of Instability

Originally posted by Bruteon
    people need to stop feeling victimized

/backflip
    /backflip
    /backflip
    /backflip
    /backflip
    /backflip
    /backflip
    /backflip
    /backflip

I only hump people I know though... no offense but Rimor VD's tend to persist after reclaiming.
    I don't have a problem with people I know doing it like you, since i know its just kidding around. but random atrox's or others coming up and trying it gets annoying.

Some men are pigs, some women are overly sensitive. Mix it all together and you get the need for a thread like this.

Sad though
    Jellobiafra General of First Order
    First Order-Cleaning clanners since 29210
    Visit our website to join!!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast