Thread: A Breakthrough in Nano Technology

A Breakthrough in Nano Technology

August 18th

Nano Structures

For the last couple of months I have been studying the adverse effects that notum has on the plant life of Rubi-Ka. Whilst experimenting with gene enhancement using nano technology, I stumbled across a new cell structure.
    By manipulating the cell structure further I was aable to create a super cell structure that is so strong and durable that It could herald in a new area of building materials and armour.

The design of the cell structure is currenlty being witheld while its being tested by Scientists at Omni-Prime.
    When the cell structure is applied and spliced with other materials like notum enhanced metal it will become one of the most durable metal known.

I will look forward to releasing more information on this as soon as the initial tests are complete.

Tikon
    OTISC - Omni-Tek Independant Science Commission
    Tikon - Forever an MP. Rest in peace my dear old friend.

Remember, Life is a Journey, Not a Destination, So enjoy the ride..

Sounds interesting. Given the rigor of Rubi-Kan life, RUR could always use stronger materials for its bots.

Dabblez
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

That sounds very interesting Mr. Tikon but you'll have to forgive me if I'm a little skeptical.

This isn't the first that a 'revolutionary' new construction material has been announced. People have been using molecular level shaping techniques to create new, stronger materials almost as long as nanotechnology has been around. However, most don't go very far because the amount of energy required to make them is just silly. So why burn 50 tons of Notum to make a sheet of metal when you could make 100 sheets of metal that are 75% as strong for the same amount of Notum?

But I'll hold judgement until I see some more facts just to give you the benefit of the doubt

Happy inventing
    Advisor of First Light
    Tradeskill How-To's, Engineer Profession Guides, and Jello Wrestling at The Tir School of Engineering
    Confused by Alien Tech? Check out my Alien Invasion Guides

New to Engineering? Try HighOrbit's Engineer Guide. Thanks HighOrbit

((what an utterly stupid post!! sometimes emotions and heart leaps into action before your brain thinks it thru. deleting the whole shabang.......as it has no place here or anywhere else!!))
    Last edited by Cogs; Aug 26th, 2003 at 21:21:59.
    Anthony "Cogs" McDuff
    Veteran, Cerberus
    220 Supreme Creator : Master of Wheels...the lingerie modeling robot!

Mr. Cogs,

The ICC is in no way the owner of the Notum. Nor are the miners (whatever their faction) the owners of the Notum they extract. Until the lease comes to an end, the only rightful owner of the Notum is the Omni-Tek Corporation.

The only say that the ICC have is about the mining rights. They had to step in to calm down an explosive situation that could have prived the Universe from its only source of Notum. So Omni-Tek had to give its technology not only to its trusted employees, but to all the Rubi-Ka citizens.

Is Omni-Tek gathering huge amounts of Notum? Doubtlessly, and this for two reasons: first they currently have a complete control on the supply of the Notum. If they sold more, the prices would fall, so they artificially keep the quantity sold low.

But then you say, they could do this by resticting the mining operations. True inded, but they don't do this for the second reason: the lease is coming to an end, and the future owner of Rubi-Ka is not known. So Omni-Tek is gathering stocks of Notum, in case they don't regain the lease.

Military use? Oh, some of the Notum will be put to military use, that's right. The military market is a very profitable one. But you are forgetting the main focus of the Corporation: it is aimed at making profit. Not at war-mongering. This is common sense: even though the Notum military technology of Omni-Tek is outstanding when compared to the one of the other corporations, it couldn't stand against the alliance of these corporations.

back to the point: Mr. Tikon

I am as well a bit skeptical regarding the usability your foundings.
    The first questions that come to mind are: these new plant cells are strong, but do they survive well?
    If they do not, will they be as strong when dead? And will it be easy to produce them?
    If they do, how well do they reproduce, and how easy is it to guide their growth? If they grow anarchically, I can forsee interesting times when people find that their house has grown a branch before the door, or that they cannot take off their armor without a diamond saw.

Cheers,
    Concealment is bugged in PvM: hit sneak two times after you zone. Only then you will be able to sneak properly.

Its nice to see that there is an interest in the scientific community.

I will endevour to answer your questions.

I cannot name the cell at this moment in time, but from initial tests the new metal has proved to out do any other metals we have. I too have had the unfortunate experience of have previous metal compunds fail, but this new one is very interesting.

Because the cell is also made up of organic material the cell can absorb alot more damage, thats why I said it was durable. Not only can the new cell absorb more damage but it can also repair itself with a simple boost of notum enhanced stim packs.
    Initial tests have shown that this new cell will have a long term life span and use, whilst also being cheap to produce as the cells are easy to cultivate and combine.

I would have not received the grant to continue my work if Omni-Prime did not think that this was a worth while project.

Thank you for your interest

I will look forward to releasing the complete process just as soon as approval has been given.

I would also be interested in supporting RUR with new metals to manufacture new mining bots. But I must first wait for confirmation.

-Tikon
    Tikon - Forever an MP. Rest in peace my dear old friend.

Remember, Life is a Journey, Not a Destination, So enjoy the ride..

Very Interesting Article on botanical armor (so to speak). But on a serious note i have been dabbling in ion key genertion; resource production division, in my company. I believe as soon as i can get the ion-generator online at 100% non-destablizing effeciancy. ill be able to solve anykind of energy problem you may have. With that said i leave you with a fair greeting and a harty good luck.

-James Chrioset
    Unit Commander NT Product Devision
    Omni-Elite Spec Ops
    Bushido is the way of the warrior. Nirvana is the path of true enlightenment. NTs must struggle to confine themselves as Warriors in this world,while still maintaining the path of wisdom.
    Chrioset-195/7 Nanomage/NT
    Duesentas-199/8 Atrox/Enfo
    Iloveshiz-131/0 Solitus/Fixer (no GA twinkage)
    Chriosat-88/0 Nanomage/Trader (wannabe Tradeskiller)
    Gualo - 155/2 Nanomage/Engy (the Real TSer)
    FUN COM, Please Make NT's the top Damge Dealers Again!!!!!!
    AO Mainframe-Click here - Down indefinitly
    Auno-Click here